Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns

+75
Crowbridge
mokey75
oxymoron
Amy Pond
punzy
mayram
Snarryfan
Shadowlass
Morning Angel
whatthedeuce
Rhilin
punkysdilemma
winncienzo
mrmoo
laddical
Raksha
particle_person
katha
inversed
siboney
LadyGayle
Arabella
dionneshea
maxell131313
blooey
sobe
Carrie Ann
Jordan Baker
Red Wolf
mandalaya
Putli Bai
Poubelle
The Glen
Cutebutpsycho
Never Enough
big chicken
MLIS
TiffanyNichelle
bbridges
VodouDoll
bookworm
Tabby
dinahmoe
katesti
Count_Bloodcount
QueenSix
lisalars
philophobe
sagitare
Gillian
mialoubug
Matinee
year of the cat
Heather
Pop'n'Fresh
Instant Monkeys
biakbiak
Unlucky Bear
Lily Rose
sweetle
PrincessCleo
19uses
Jessica
Eris Rising
bosoxgirl
puddingcup
killershrew
Miss Moneypenny
Jude
Kiran
ActonBell
BreezyK
Esme
swsa
blixie
79 posters

Page 24 of 38 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 31 ... 38  Next

Go down

Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns - Page 24 Empty Re: Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns

Post  puddingcup Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:05 am

Why is Lainey moving to Toronto? Has she said? I'm just curious.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns - Page 24 Empty Re: Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns

Post  QueenSix Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:08 pm

Unlucky Bear wrote:*SOME OF US* have been perving on Henry Cavill since The Count of Monte Cristo, thankyouverymuch

/isawhimfirst

Some call it perving, I call it appreciating how aesthetically pleasing he was in that, and then when I saw him in I Capture The Castle (which I went to specifically because he was in it), it was true love. I was so cross that James Franco got the lead in Tristan and Isolde while CAVILL had to play second fiddle. He'd have made a much better Tristan.

Anyway, I think it's obvious that the studio didn't put them together. Warners are too busy keeping the SPN boys apart and finding them babies who they pretend are their biological children.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:16 pm

I love Henry Cavill, but I'll be honest I would not own that movie if it were not for James Franco stalking Isolde and Rufus Sewell around a market place to glare at them dramatically.

I think even a studio or an agency sets up a couple, it doesn't mean they aren't real. Like, Jennifer Aniston and Brad Pitt were set up on a blind date by their agent. I am sure in many cases its a lot like when your friend sets you up. I'm sure the agency/production company is thinking of the fringe benefits but it doesn't mean the resulting relationship isn't real.

Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone get papped a lot and I am sure they and the people behind Spiderman love the buzz it gives those movies BUT I never doubt they aren't a real couple.

In any case, Kaley Cuoco looks like a hot version of his ex fiance and seems to fit his type of athletic, hot in a girl next door way women. Even if they did meet at an industry event it doesn't mean they didn't actually hit it off and haven't been skyping/texting the last few months. Shes the leading lady of the biggest hit on network tv. She isn't Ashley Greene. And if he wanted to date someone for publicity, they'd be trying to hook him up with a similar buzzy film actress. Not Kaley Cuoco who has a great career, and will probably always have a good career, but probably firmly on network television, tv movies, and family films.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:06 pm

Exactly. Why would he be set up with a TV actress instead of someone who's likely to break out in a film role like Henry recenty has? Kaley is awesome, and he seems to like blondes with strong, more athletic builds. It's not outta the realm if possibility that he might actually like the woman. She's gorgeous and funny!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:29 pm

I also think Gina Carano is gorgeous and was kick ass in Haywire but aside from that...know nothing about her. So I don't really understand the weird loyalty to her, or why people seem to think she was the lowkey girlfriend that WB WOULDN'T want him to have. Shes a working action star type. Shes supposedly in the running for Wonder Woman, and she was in the Fast and The Furious, which if its good enough for Thor's wife...

Like, she can kick ass, but I guess I don't understand the whole SHES NOT CONVENTIONAL ENOUGH, NO ONE CAN RELATE TO HER. Really...though? I don't think Gina Carano was ever standing in the way to Henry Cavill's rise to fame. Shes not Katherine Heigl. Shes not a divisive figure.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:02 pm

Kiran wrote:And if he wanted to date someone for publicity, they'd be trying to hook him up with a similar buzzy film actress. Not Kaley Cuoco who has a great career, and will probably always have a good career, but probably firmly on network television, tv movies, and family films.
Yeah, this is what holds me up about the whole publicity element.  I mean, yes, America knows who she is and generally likes her.  But she's somebody where when I try to picture her post-Big Bang Theory future, I see a couple of more sitcom attempts and some Lifetime movies.  Maybe she plays the wife/mom in a movie about the wacky hijinks of a kid and his dog.  I don't want to undermine her success, because being the lead female on a hugely popular sitcom is a big deal.  I was overseas last year, and the second question everybody asked me (the first was do I own a gun) was do I watch the Big Bang Theory?  And then they would quote it to me.  That being said, if I were in charge of Henry Cavill's dating life, I would hook him up with me a movie star.  Or at least somebody who is well on her way to being a movie star.

ETA:  Also, Lainey's timeline was dumb.  Like Kiran said, it is totally possible that they were in contact with each other while he was off promoting Man of Steel.  I am their age, and that's what people our age do when you like somebody new.  You text each other all the damn time.  And then when one of the parties returns home, you hang out.  You go for a run if you're both into that, you go to the grocery store.  When I dated a guy that liked to cook, I would go with him to the grocery store so we could hang out alone before going back to his apartment where all of his friends were waiting for food. People go to grocery stores with new people. This is not unheard of behavior.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  Heather Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:17 pm

I agree on Cuoco and Cavill seeming like a dumb set up, but Blind Gossip is in on the action now too:

He is the star of one of the biggest movies of the past year. She is the star of a popular television show. They are now dating. Is their relationship real?

Not quite. They are both single, good-looking, successful actors… who share the same publicist. Yes, this relationship was cooked up in a publicist’s office. (Note: PR relationships are so much easier when there is only one publicist involved!)

Their initial contract is only for just a few months. Then they will have a chance to decide whether they both want to renew. The upside is that they really don’t mind hanging out together, have become real friends, and have garnered themselves a lot of publicity. The PDA is just for the cameras at this point and they haven’t slept together yet… but one of them is hopeful that it will become something more. We think this fake dating relationship could actually become a real one!

I can't tell if this is just jumping on the bandwagon and making up an item.

Although I guess I haven't seen any PDA from them, so maybe it's someone else. But it seems likely that it's at least SUPPOSED to be them.

Heather

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:22 pm

I once ended up on a first date that included going to a mechanic.

Aside from the contract, that sounds like a mutually beneficial set up almost. Especially since they like each other and it might turn into a thing.

That also sounds like a rom com.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:30 pm

blindgossip basically specializes in writing blinds after the fact. I wouldn't take anything they say seriously. The only times they're "right" are when it's something everyone else has already been talking and speculating about.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  year of the cat Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:40 pm

I like 'em. And dammit, it pisses Laniey off, I hope they do it on her FRONT LAWN. And then conga with the Miami Sound Machine. I hope Laniey has to sleep with a pillow over her head.
year of the cat
year of the cat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:49 pm

More couples should incorporate the Miami Sound Machine. I miss the Miami Sound Machine, guys.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:57 pm

Eh I totally buy they (WB/his own team) preferred he NOT be hooked up with Carano during Man of Steel publicity, precisely because you don't know anything about her, and she IS unconventional looking, way too bad ass and butch. I, like Lainey, didn't believe for second they'd still be together when he was promoting, and whaddya know, they weren't.

He and Cuoco seem genuine enough, but they also seem like a hard sell, by their mutual employer and they're mutual publicist.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:12 pm

If a publicist's job includes setting clients up with people like Henry Cavill, then I need to get myself a publicist. It'd be good for the Guide unit in terms of publicity and promoting Irish Girl Guides and it'd be another pair of hands when moving tents and the like so really it would be a selfless act on my part.

I don't think being set up by a mutual friend/agent/publicist is all that bad if you're in show business. There's so many loo-lahs out there who might look all right but end up having a shrine built to you in their front room while trying to get some of your hair to wear in a locket, sometimes it might be easier just to hang out and date someone 'safer' or who can be vouched for.

Plus if it annoys Lainey, I'm all for it.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:50 pm

I don't think Gina Carano is super femme but I don't know, I still think she's far from butch. Particularly for an ex mma/action girl.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  year of the cat Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:08 pm

If anything it could be the reverse: Henry and Gina could have been put together as some kind of Supes/Wondy project that fell through (hating the DC verse version right now) and Henry got away from that to be with homegirl. See, I can pull stuff out of my ass, too! Now, I have Lisa Lisa & the Cult Jam stuck in my head. #80'sflashback
year of the cat
year of the cat

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:59 pm

It's just strange to me how personally Lainey seems to be taking their romance, as if Henry specifically started dating Cuoco to spite her.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:13 pm

I'd be his number one fan if that were the actual case.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:36 pm

ActonBell wrote:It's just strange to me how personally Lainey seems to be taking their romance, as if Henry specifically started dating Cuoco to spite her.
That is exactly what happened. How do you NOT know that?

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:47 am

I know she really dislikes BBT but aside from that...Cuoco is so innocous. She is good at what she does (which is light situational comedy), seems like a nice person, is a big animal activist and...that is all I know about her. And she seemed really invested in the Henry Cavill/Gina Carano romance which...why? I mean yes they are both very attractive and in good shape, and its cool that she didn't fit the mold of what people would expect from someone like this but...it wasn't like he popped up on the red carpet with the WWE's Chyna either.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:43 pm

Thank God Lainey is around to remind me what a stud Jake Gyllenhaal is, modelizing with the very best: Leo D.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:48 pm

LOL. To be fair, I do think Jake is probably bi and for some reason I believe he is actually dating this girl.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:11 pm

Apparently Kaley and Henry have already split so Lainey can go on with life.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:18 pm

Nothing Gold can Stay.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:32 pm

I got the feeling they were more rebound fucking then pr tbh.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:53 pm

I was on board thinking it was random enough that it had to be real, but I have to kind of agree with Lainey now that this REALLY looks like he's a puppet for his PR team now. Whether the relationship was real or not, the speedy exit sure looks shady as hell.

And wow, she really is in her own fantasyland if she's thinking he'd ever go near Kristen Stewart (Isn't her whole theory that Carano was too divisive? Cause KStew? Is a whole other LEAGUE of "divisive".) or that this would help his stud rep in the least.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 38 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 31 ... 38  Next