Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns

+75
Crowbridge
mokey75
oxymoron
Amy Pond
punzy
mayram
Snarryfan
Shadowlass
Morning Angel
whatthedeuce
Rhilin
punkysdilemma
winncienzo
mrmoo
laddical
Raksha
particle_person
katha
inversed
siboney
LadyGayle
Arabella
dionneshea
maxell131313
blooey
sobe
Carrie Ann
Jordan Baker
Red Wolf
mandalaya
Putli Bai
Poubelle
The Glen
Cutebutpsycho
Never Enough
big chicken
MLIS
TiffanyNichelle
bbridges
VodouDoll
bookworm
Tabby
dinahmoe
katesti
Count_Bloodcount
QueenSix
lisalars
philophobe
sagitare
Gillian
mialoubug
Matinee
year of the cat
Heather
Pop'n'Fresh
Instant Monkeys
biakbiak
Unlucky Bear
Lily Rose
sweetle
PrincessCleo
19uses
Jessica
Eris Rising
bosoxgirl
puddingcup
killershrew
Miss Moneypenny
Jude
Kiran
ActonBell
BreezyK
Esme
swsa
blixie
79 posters

Page 29 of 38 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 33 ... 38  Next

Go down

Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns - Page 29 Empty Re: Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns

Post  maxell131313 Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:24 pm

Considering how much crap William's catching from some snobs that he's attending Cambridge at all, even though it's been repeatedly explained he's not getting a degree or pushing out some other student to be there, why not try to destroy the man's marriage while they're at it? Never mind the photos of William and Catherine holding hands and almost unable to keep their eyes off each other during the annual walk the royal family takes to church on Christmas morning, he's obviously going to college to party and chase tail. I'm sure Prince Charles is only kidding about wanting William to be able to run the Duchy he'll eventually inherit and put a lot of people out of work.

The editor of the Cambridge student paper even tried to get other students to follow William every second of the day, taking pictures and video and sending it in to win stupid crap, until it was pointed out that stalking is illegal and he could be convicted for such stupidity. There was instant backpedaling after that.
maxell131313
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns - Page 29 Empty Re: Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns

Post  swsa Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:07 pm

I feel like I'm seeing too many of Lainey's own issues in her Drew Barrymore column. I get that kids aren't for everyone, but man, I feel like that's some ott anger for something that I just didn't see at all last night. Drew is kind of flaky and goofy. She's like that pregnant or not. And she wasn't much better in the Kerry Washington post. You know what? Maybe they're actually excited about being moms? Maybe they don't care if YOU think it's corny or annoying? Maybe nurturing a growing HUMAN in your body makes somewhat of an impression on a woman?

And wtf with that Emma Watson post. Another bizarrely ott reaction.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:06 pm

I knew Kerry was going to go down over the bellycupping. And I stopped reading Duana posts, god knows I tend to ramble in my stream of consciousness way, but none of that lady's sentences connect to one another beyond: these women annoy me because they don't woman they way I like women to women.

Did anyone read the GG liveblog? Does it seem like Lainey's increasingly trying to "out" Matt Damon? She's typically glowing about him (she wrote that blind that seemed to be about him and a thing for non-white dudes), so I found her comments last night surprisingly cutting, and weird since it was going back to that well of Ben n Matt as some undercover couple all these years, which I have never been able to make myself care about.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:17 pm

1) I do not believe Lainey loves Jennifer Lawrence at all. And I also don't think the backlash to Jennifer Lawrence is that huge. I think it exists on places like ONTD but frankly they have hated her for about a year. I was rooting for Lupita Nyon'g hard but I wasn't even upset Jennifer Lawrence won (Golden Globes generally prefer the bigger star and JL gave a great imo comedic performance). That whole I STILL BELIEVE IN her made me go really? Because even if there is a giant backlash its...because shes winning too much. Not really her behaviour.

2) What was the point of that Kristen Stewart?

3) How is Bradley Cooper a committmentphobe? Whether hes bi, gay, or straight, lets put that aside and go with what hes presenting to us? He was with Renee Zellwegger a few years. Was on/off with Zoe Saldana. And has now been quietly dating that model a while? Like...hes not nearly at Leo levels yet.

4) Seriously, Zoe Saldana was your best dressed? I love her style usually and even I can say that was fug as hell. Same with Julia Roberts.

5) Belly cupping is a natural thing. Your centre of gravity changes. YOUR HANDS GO TO THE GIANT BUMP. I doubt Kerry Washington is suddenly selling out because she touched her damn belly.

I just feel like we are getting all her issues in these posts versus actual gossip lately.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  siboney Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:06 pm

I think at this point Lainey actually hates her readers. Everything is written with the undertone of condescension and superiority. Everything is about picking fights and provoking.

siboney

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:23 pm

I found it interesting that yesterday we got a column on how Emma Watson was obviously jealous of Jennifer Lawrence's career and was being bratty out of resentment, and then today we get a random filler KStew post where the sole intention seemed to be to talk about her and Jen with a wink, nudge to the title "Equals".
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:23 pm

It's weird because Emma's career seems fine?
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:34 pm

Yeah, both of their careers are fine, but obviously nowhere near JLaw's. She's in another stratosphere. I'm sure they both are jealous of her. Most of Hollywood is probably jealous of her. It's just telling that she consistently tries to put Jen and Kristen on equal footing, which they're obviously not (I mean, by the director's own admission, Kristen is taking a script Jen and unnamed other actresses turned down), and then goes out of her way to act like Emma's a mass of insecurities and failed dreams*.

*To be fair, Duana wrote the Emma column, but I'm sure they both bitched about her at the GG's and were on the same page, so I'm still going to consider that Lainey's opinion too.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:22 am

Also, like...I don't know why Reese introduced 12 Years a Slave either...but why did it make her rage? Maybe her husband is Steve McQueen's agent idk.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  BreezyK Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:54 pm

NOT to defend Lainey, but to have a white blonde Southern woman who wasn't at all affiliated with the film introduce the clip about 12 Years a Slave felt reeeeeeally off to me. Like, they couldn't have ANYONE from that film present it? There are so many of them and SO many of them were nominated. Or an influential POC who was touched by the film? Given the subject, it felt completely tone deaf.

BreezyK

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:56 pm

Her Hayden Panettiere column was really awful. Just GLEEFUL in its cattiness. For no real reason.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  winncienzo Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:10 pm

Right? She seems to take this tone most about fashion. I'm sorry, but Zoe Saldana's dress was a Project Runway craft project cast-off. And being a person who's interested in fashion, I usually look forward to what she wears because it's never going to be a boring strapless mermaid gown. But that shit was fug, and "liking" it does not make you cool and edgy. It makes you look like you are really trying hard to be cool and edgy, because obviously, the rest of us riff raff just don't get high fashion.

winncienzo

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:26 pm

Yeah I can see that BreezyK.

And yeah like...Hayden Panettiere did not come off badly to me? She never said he gave her the gown. She didn't really imply that either. She said shes always wanted to wear it and now she has. Like...she seems to have a hate on for Hayden, I don't get. A couple of years she did a career check on her and was like she needs to go on tv maybe that'll sustain her...and Hayden did and...frankly she's great. And she was a nominee. I don't care if she got her Tom Ford off the rack. She looked good and frankly I thought it was cool if they told her no and she was like well fuck that and went out and bought it.

I've said before I'm a fan of Zoe Saldana's style, but that dress was no good. None.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:30 am

It was painfully bad -- I normally like Prabal Gurung but there was just wayyyy too much going on. It looked more like a Pinterest project than a red carpet dress. There's nothing edgy about stanning for it, it is far too frou frou for that.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:43 pm

ActonBell wrote:It was painfully bad -- I normally like Prabal Gurung Andie from Pretty in Pink but there was just wayyyy too much going on. It looked more like a Pinterest project than a red carpet dress. There's nothing edgy about stanning for it, it is far too frou frou for that.

Fixed that for you. Because that is seriously the only explanation for that dress.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  winncienzo Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:06 pm

I usually skip Sarah posts, because her "insider" information is usually about as inside as ONTD or the like, but since it was a Sundance preview, I read it. You don't get to say you love, love, love Wet Hot American Summer in one breath, and then say Amy Poehler is a new addition to the cast for the follow-up. Because, nope. She had a pretty good sized role in WHAS.

winncienzo

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:13 pm

Also I don't think that Kristen Stewart movie is on anyones radar more then Boyhood the Linklater film he's been shooting for ten years.

And...you're really going to say that...that one Jake Paltrow movie had more of a point of view then ANY Coppola offspring film? Really?...k.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Jordan Baker Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:15 am

siboney wrote:I think at this point Lainey actually hates her readers. Everything is written with the undertone of condescension and superiority. Everything is about picking fights and provoking.

I get the feeling that she's actually kind of "over" being a gossip columnist now that she has her own TV show and a book coming out. I think the condescending tone is, in part, because she now fancies herself something of a celebrity in her own right.

Jordan Baker

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:06 pm

Lainey's Depp anger is getting a little intense. Also, I'm pretty sure she'd be one of the first ones to tell us that ALL celebs leak cheesy, "mini-van majority"-friendly soundbites to People. That's hardly a C-lister move. It's not like we're talking about Life & Style here.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:21 am

Does anyone get the feeling shes kinda subtly trying to start a rumored feud between Jennifer Lawrence and Lupita Nyong'o while stating shes not? I do.

That and girl...that Prince Charles piece....was....weird.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:04 pm

I don't know if her talk show is doing well or not, but I do wonder what is going on with her because she seems a lot more bitter and angry now than she ever has before.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  siboney Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:07 pm

She must have been mean-girled repeatedly in high school. Her Jonah rage is hilarious because he's such an easy target. And he keeps shoving it down her throat.

siboney

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:23 pm

I must have missed out on this shy, retiring Vanessa Paradis that Lainey remembers. Instead I seem to recall dozens of red carpets, partying at Cannes, professional photo shoots with their children. Not that I find anything wrong with any of that...but neither do I find it an awful, demeaning thing that Amber had dinner with Johnny and Paul McCartney.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:34 pm

I swear, I had no feelings for Amber Heard at all until Lainey started this crusade, so sorry to go there again. But I DIED reading this in the Eva Mendes pregnancy speculation RIGHT after she went on another rant about how much Amber sucks and Johnny sucks for being with her.

And I especially hope that it’s Ryan Gosling’s. Because an internet fan meltdown is always fun to watch. And also because it’d be a fun f-ck you from her to those who mysteriously have never accepted their relationship

Oh Lainey, I hope you never acquire self-awareness.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:44 pm

Especially since I think of Eva Mendes as one of the originators of WHY IS? Like she's beautiful, and? I actually kind of like Ryan and Eva together, but whatever. I love that Lainey basically only turned on Johnny because he dumped Vanessa P. Like he totes wasn't a weird hat, scarf, and necklace wearing, island owning cliche before that.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 38 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 33 ... 38  Next