Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Superman Movies

4 posters

Go down

Superman Movies Empty Superman Movies

Post  laddical Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:45 pm

The Man of Steel Facebook page unveiled the new logo - it looks almost identical to the Superman Returns logo, but with a silver to black background instead of a blue one. Even the font for the title is the same.

Meanwhile, this is the fist pic I've seen of Amy Adams as Lois. Very cute, but I thought Henry Cavill was Tom Welling at first.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Superman Movies Empty Re: Superman Movies

Post  Luthien Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:54 pm

I can never seem to remember that there is a new Superman movie coming out. I had no idea Amy Adams was going to be Lois. That sounds very interesting. I grew up on Teri Hatcher's Lois and have a hard time getting over that particular image, but Adams is always terrific. Anything will be better than Superman Returns. I nearly got up and left that movie out of boredom, and I almost never even consider that. All I hope is that Man of Steel is at least okay. Supes deserves a good movie; he's not had much luck lately. I guarantee I will hate it if Superman is the dominant personality over Clark. That was one of the many things I hated about Superman Returns. Growing up on Lois and Clark kind of ruined me for that interpretation.

Luthien

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:46 pm

I wish I could feel more optimistic about this, but Zach Snyder being involved makes me very uneasy. It seems like they are going for a darker, grittier vibe that I think does not represent what Superman is about. He's not Batman, so going for a Nolan-esque atmosphere makes me :knife:
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:26 pm

laddical, where did you find that picture? There doesn't seem to be much mention of it anywhere else on the internet. Well, not in the places I inhabit so maybe I just don't hang out on the right sites. Heh. You're right, Henry Cavill does look a bit like Tom Welling there but then I look at it again and he doesn't. It's a lovely picture of Amy Adams though. I'm thinking, given more to do than Kate Bosworth in 'Superman Returns' than just be bitchy, she should make a great Lois.

I think Superman Returns has some good moments but, I'm repeating myself here I know, I think that the film failed because it continued on from the Donner films and more than enough time had passed for a new film to set itself apart from what had gone before. Oh, and they got Lois very wrong on the page and then hired the wrong person to play her.

I have a real soft spot for the Superman stories and films because my late father introduced me to the comics when I was nine and it was kind of 'our thing' so I can't really hate on Superman Returns. I just fast-forward certain scenes.

ActonBell, I'm curious, what makes you say they're going for a darker vibe? Do you mean from what we've seen of the new costume?

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:49 pm

Snyder's made comments to that effect, too. I don't think Nolan is pushing for Batman levels of dark but this Superman is going to be more in line with the "less of a Boy Scout" approach that DC's taken with Superman since their company wide reboot. Which means he's going to be more Superman the Kryptonian and less Clark Kent of Smallville. Sucks.

Turns out the photo is a fake - it's a 'shopped still from Smallville, which explains the Tom Welling resonance. Once someone mentioned it to me I could tell and I'm very embarrassed to have been suckered like that.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Luthien Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:49 pm

more Superman the Kryptonian and less Clark Kent of Smallville.

Boo.

It seems like they are going for a darker, grittier vibe

Double boo. I'm with Random Guy on this topic: not every superhero has to be dark. It's a good way to bore people to death: audiences will get angst-fatigue. This is the reason I'm not the least excited about the new Spider-Man (well, that and the fact that this reboot has happened way too fast for me. It's only been ten years since the first Raimi movie). It looks too dark and gritty. If they're giving Superman similar treatment that's not good, for me. He's a big blue boy scout, that's why I love him!

If Snyder's involved, there will be that speed-up-slow-motion stuff, won't there? I'm pretty much over that.

Luthien

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down