Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Legend Of Korra

+13
DarkSpork
bbridges
vwlphb
sen3
mozzarella
sixchooks
Gilraen
punzy
draco vulgaris
darthtall
Luciano
laddical
Lily Rose
17 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Legend Of Korra - Page 2 Empty Re: The Legend Of Korra

Post  laddical Wed May 02, 2012 11:41 am

Well that's just awesome. Thanks!
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  draco vulgaris Sun May 06, 2012 7:13 pm

So Nickelodeon apparently just airs Spongebob and iCarly all afternoon, and I still don't have TV, but I finally got my sweet new netbook up and running. Is there any way I can watch this show online?

draco vulgaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose Sun May 06, 2012 8:05 pm

You can buy the episodes at Amazon and watch them online, or you can wait a bit, and Nickelodeon airs them as well on their website.

So I know a lot of people didn't like this week's ep, but I loved it. LOOOVED it. Every goofy, terrible teen romance love triangle bit of it. Bolin is the best. Pabu is the best. Mako...kind of sucks. Korra is TERRIBLE at social interaction. And Tenzin's first lady friend was totally Lin Bei Fong, no two ways about it.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  mozzarella Sun May 06, 2012 8:07 pm

Draco Vulgaris,

iTunes puts up the episodes on Sunday. Nickelodeon's website and Amazon usually have the episodes around Wednesday.

Speaking of episodes, Mike and Bryan just proved that they're as good** as J.K. Rowling at writing teen romance. Oh, man, yesterday's episode was so painful in so many ways. (Bolin is too good for this show. Mako is even bigger of a tool than I had previously thought. Korra...ugh.)

On the other hand, the episode did feature a noodle hangover and Tahno, and it also spawned Bad Advice Pema, so there's always a silver lining, I suppose.

**By "good" I mean blindingly awful.

mozzarella

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Sun May 06, 2012 10:12 pm

My stupid DVR decided that I didn't want to cancel the Series Recording I have set up for this show... I simply didn't want it to record *any of the episodes*. Every episode of TLOK from yesterday until the DVR calendar went "To Be Announced" showed the three red circles of a series recording overlaid by the raid-slashy-circle of "NO!". What the hell, Comcast?
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Sat May 12, 2012 6:52 pm

Now that my DVR has deigned to let me catch up, I think I'm going to sleep with my nightlight on in case Amon comes for me.

I know - he only comes for benders. And I, alas, am just a "normal person". Interesting turn of phrase he's hit on for describing the Equalists, since bending has never been shown to be considered abnormal.

He is so evil. But I kinda liked him taking down the Wolfbats and calling them out as the spoiled bullies they are.

Loved seeing Lin in action. I hope Tenzin's right - that she and Korra might actually get along.

As for last week and the lurve triangle... I didn't mind it, but hopefully they've gotten it out of their system. I don't really want Mako to have to angst over Korra or Asami, and I don't want Asami to suddenly become this vindictive jerk just so Korra looks good. Bolin's the one I feel sorry for - but as I said, hopefully, it's out of everyone's system and they can just be friends for the time being.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  draco vulgaris Sun May 13, 2012 12:50 am

One thing I did like about the last episode was that the love triangle business was played for comedy as much as drama. But half an hour of that is enough. Since the first season is only twelve episodes, they probably won't have time for an agonizing, drawn-out melodrama.

draco vulgaris

Back to top Go down

Post  mozzarella Sun May 13, 2012 5:27 pm

I would like to congratulate everyone who guessed that Lin Beifong was the woman Tenzin left for Pema.

(Tenzin, how could you!)

mozzarella

Back to top Go down

Post  sixchooks Tue May 15, 2012 12:11 pm

First, this: Who is Lin's daddy? (NOT a spoiler.)

I am not a total spoiler-phobe, but I agree 110% with Colin Heck in that post. This reminds me, does anyone know of any good Korra/Avatar blogs or websites? I follow the news on the Avatar Wiki (from wikia) but the main poster is not a very good writer. I particularly want frame-by-frames of the flashbacks! They are clearly building up a connection between whatever's happening in the past with Toph, Aang, and Sokka (was Sokka in the flashback this time?) and the rise of the Equalists. C'mon, Korra, break through to that airbending!!

iTunes took FOREVER to upload the episode, so we streamed it from Nick.com with minimal problems last night. Loved seeing Lin as a badass, but everyone seems really slow to catch on that the Equalists are using electricity as a weapon. (Ouch.) Was also glad to see Korra whaling on the electro-chi-blockers on the roof; she'd been rather quickly overwhelmed in the previous fights and it seems that she's learned some strategies. I anticipated that Tenzin would be one of the first to see the infiltrators, and was disappointed not to see a tiny bit more airbending from him before he got zapped (double ouch).
sixchooks
sixchooks

Back to top Go down

Post  punzy Tue May 15, 2012 3:24 pm

Also, Lin’s dad is Azula. It’s really complicated.
Hilarious! Also, now someone has written a fanfiction where this is true.

punzy

Back to top Go down

Post  bbridges Tue May 15, 2012 11:46 pm

I like this tumblr that explores a lot of historical influences and spiritual influences in Avatar and Korra and picks through the episodes closely.

I know people who honestly ship Toph and Azula and were very amused by the end of that post.
bbridges
bbridges

Back to top Go down

Post  draco vulgaris Wed May 16, 2012 8:07 pm

So a lot of people initially thought that Amon's references to contacting the spirits and someone "taking his face" hinted that he'd cut a deal with Koh. The fact that you can see his eyes in closeups seem to indicate that this isn't true, but... do we ever see his eyes move? Could they just be something worked into the back/inside of the mask? Or is that too farfetched?

draco vulgaris

Back to top Go down

Post  punzy Sun May 20, 2012 1:28 pm

Poor Asami. I am glad she smacked her Dad down though.

punzy

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Mon May 21, 2012 9:25 pm

Even though "airsit the babybenders" is a malapropism, I have a feeling Meelo would find a way to make Korra's statement completely accurate.

Sucks to be Asami, that's for sure. Though I kind of loved it when she zapped Hiroshi. Guess she'll have to cry her preternaturally gorgeous eyes out on Mako's shoulder.

I'm not sure why, exactly, Lin Bei Fong feels like she needs to become the Dark Knight of Republic City, but I like the idea that she's really this absolutely wicked, rebellious spirit who forced herself into submission and took on the role of police chief either as some kind of promise to Toph or simply as a way of keeping her darker nature in check. Bring on BatLin! She's already shown herself to be somewhat Spider-Lin.

I can't help but notice that there seems to be a distinct lack of due process in Republic City. Maybe we're meant to assume that Lin had all the not-cinematically-interesting paperwork - like warrants - done off camera, but the elapsed time in this episode basically implies that it was "Overheard a suspicious remark - bring the full weight of the police force to bear on the factories. Get nothing from the factories, bring the full weight of the police force to bear on an unverified tip of a secret factory beneath Sato Manor." Given that, it seems like Amon and Sato might really have a point about the subjugation of non-benders.

Overall, this episode feels like it needed another five minutes or so. It feels choppy and rushed, and mostly around the notion of Lin's resignation. I feel like the resignation should be forced on her by Tarlok or someone over the absolutely atrocious and embarrassing way she handled the Future Corp. investigation - but her dialogue with Tenzin seems to indicate that this is just something she wants to do. In which case we should have had *something* more to develop her motivation, they just couldn't quite fit it in here. Maybe they shuffled it into the next episode.

Basically, I like what the episode did and where the characters ended up, I just feel like it was a slapdash effort to get us here.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose Mon May 21, 2012 9:57 pm

laddical wrote:Basically, I like what the episode did and where the characters ended up, I just feel like it was a slapdash effort to get us here.
I'm feeling a little like that with all the episodes. I'm sure it's because there's only 12 episodes this season. I wish they had more, there's so much STUFF to explore, and I feel like there are little glimpses of it (in the first series, there DEFINITELY would have been a make-over episode and Bolin would have wound up all prettified) but then there's just no time.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  punzy Mon May 21, 2012 10:39 pm

Tarlok was calling for her resignation in the voice-over, but I agree a lot happened in a very short time.

Also cabbage guy! I was happy they managed to bring him (and his cabbages) back.

punzy

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Tue May 22, 2012 1:01 am

Yeah, but it didn't seem like he was really forcing the issue, just blowing air.

I have a feeling Asami's an Equalist. A triple-feint to get a trusted insider in place seems like Amon's speed. He and Xanatos should play chess.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  draco vulgaris Wed May 23, 2012 11:21 pm

I don't think she's an Equalist, but I do think she could potentially pull a reverse-Zuko. She's probably been pretty well insulated from prejudice against non-benders on account of growing up filthy rich, so after seeing what it's like to be a normal non-bender in a benderist society, she might decide the Equalists have the right idea after all.

draco vulgaris wrote:So a lot of people initially thought that Amon's references to contacting the spirits and someone "taking his face" hinted that he'd cut a deal with Koh. The fact that you can see his eyes in closeups seem to indicate that this isn't true, but... do we ever see his eyes move? Could they just be something worked into the back/inside of the mask? Or is that too farfetched?

I watched "A Voice in the Night" again and noticed that Amon's eyes narrow visibly when he's talking to Korra, and now I feel like a moron for not noticing it earlier. So much for that theory.

draco vulgaris

Back to top Go down

Post  mozzarella Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:17 pm

TARRLOK!

mozzarella

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:57 am

He's pretty naughty. And the previews for this week make him look even worse.

Is it wrong that I'm way, way more invested and interested in the adults in this story than the teens? I would rather hear more about Tenzin and Lin and what they have been up to lately than more teen triangle romance. That is, if I can't get flashbacks to Aang and Co. being bloodbent in court. That is so confusing and interesting!

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  darthtall Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:44 pm

Ohhhhhhh my gooooooood GENERAL IROH.

So much awesome action! The airbending kids vs equalists fight, Mako redirecting electricity, Lin CHOPPING AN AIRSHIP IN HALF.

darthtall

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:03 pm

I know! He's got to be Zuko's grandson, right? He's too young to be his son. That voice was so weird with someone else's face, though!

If Lin has totally lost her bending for real, I swear I will riot in the streets. At least Tenzin wasn't sucking at fighting this time (mostly). I've been waiting for ages to see a full-grown Airbending Master really throwing down. Or up, as the case may be.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  bbridges Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:19 am

I think Lin getting her bending taken away is pointing toward some sort of "Korra finally manages to connect to the Spirit World and finds some way to get everyone's bending back" ending. But she was so amazingly badass in that whole moment. Lin knows that protecting the last airbenders in the world is vital in keeping balance and was willing to lay down her life to protect them. I'm with Meelo, "That woman is my hero."

I can't wait until we meet Iroh properly. I want to know more about what the Fire Nation is up to now. (Fandom decided that Zoku's eldest daughter is named Honora and now it makes me laugh every time I think about it.)
bbridges
bbridges

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkSpork Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:39 am

Lily Rose wrote:I know! He's got to be Zuko's grandson, right? He's too young to be his son. That voice was so weird with someone else's face, though!
He could be a very late child of Zuko (Look at the gap between Iroh 1.0 and Ozai) but someone pointed out that he does have the same eyebrows as Aang and Katara's middle kid Bumi... (But then, they were also convinced that firebending gangster Amon debended was related to Mako on the strength of eyebrow shape, so YMMV...)

The Honora thing cracks me up, too.

DarkSpork

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:33 am

The Legend of Korea: Eyebrow Bending.

I read a theory that Iroh was Azula's son, but I don't want to think too much about that.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum