Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Echo Bazaar

5 posters

Go down

Echo Bazaar Empty Echo Bazaar

Post  allochthonous Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:18 am

A severe bout of insomnia, a link from SF 3.0, and three years behind everyone else I am playing what is now calling itself Fallen London. Anyone else still playing?
allochthonous
allochthonous

Back to top Go down

Echo Bazaar Empty Re: Echo Bazaar

Post  Rhilin Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:45 am

I am! I pretty much every day. The twitter account I use for that is Merore.

Rhilin

Back to top Go down

Post  midnight radio Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:46 am

I am! I still really enjoy the flavor and humor of the game, but I'm starting to get frustrated because there are a lot of Opportunity Cards and actions that seem to require insane amounts of things you have to either create with items already in your inventory or by grinding certain storylines. I don't have anything close to those numbers of original items, or of the items you need to create them, or the time and patience to grind for them 10 actions at a time (or the money to pay for the subscription to get a second candle). They changed a lot of things after I'd already been playing for quite awhile, though, so it might be different if you're starting with all that stuff from the beginning.

I'm asteroidblues, if you want to add me.

midnight radio

Back to top Go down

Post  allochthonous Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:57 am

Oh great, I thought I'd totally missed the boat on this, and really wanted some friends to engage in shadowy and intellectual activities with (story of my life). The twitter account I use for it is imaginatively called allochbazaar. So far I am loving the game but the length of time it takes to build up actions annoys me. I am not good at delayed gratification.
allochthonous
allochthonous

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhilin Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:20 am

Echo Bazaar also has a message board with a subforum to find more friends, if you want to go that route as well. I haven't yet, but I've been considering it because I need some dupe to help me deflect Suspicion have a chat with the Constables.

Rhilin

Back to top Go down

Post  killershrew Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:32 pm

I haven't played in a long time, but I'm laura_schwartz if anyone wants to add me. I realize that's not exactly a ringing endorsement for myself as a potential friend!
killershrew
killershrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhilin Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:38 am

Okay, I'm dumb, but I can't seem to figure out how to add friends to Echo Bazaar itself? When I hit "Invite Twitter Friends" it only shows people who aren't currently playing.

Rhilin

Back to top Go down

Post  allochthonous Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:20 am

Me either! I followed everyone on twitter, but can only see midnight radio in my list of friends.
allochthonous
allochthonous

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhilin Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:48 pm

People showed up for me eventually, actually! I'd recommend logging in and out of Echo Bazaar and seeing if that helps. It might be a cache thing? I dunno.

Rhilin

Back to top Go down

Post  allochthonous Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:58 am

The Case of the Fidgeting Writer is really annoying me - I've never managed to make it through to the end, usually losing the last challenge. Has anyone completed it, and is it worth grinding it out?
allochthonous
allochthonous

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:19 pm

What is Echo Bazaar? A web game?
maxell131313
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  allochthonous Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:06 am

Yep, it's a choose-your-own-adventure web game set in a steampunk Victorian London and it's worryingly addictive - don't say we didn't warn you.
allochthonous
allochthonous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum