Benedict Cumberbatch

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Benedict Cumberbatch Empty Benedict Cumberbatch

Post  particle_person on Thu May 03, 2012 12:00 am

Benedict Cumberbatch Flattered By Racy 'Sherlock' Fanfic

This here, apparently.
we asked Cumberbatch if he was aware of the extensive collection of creative and explicit fan fiction that has surfaced online since the premiere of the show's first season.

"I am startlingly aware of it," Cumberbatch said with a smile.
And there's some really weird cross breeding stuff that goes on. The news got out that I was playing Smaug in 'Hobbit' and suddenly there were lots of dragons with purple scarves flying around so it's crazy, it's crazy."

Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Benedict Cumberbatch Empty Re: Benedict Cumberbatch

Post  Cynara on Thu May 03, 2012 1:42 am

I have nothing to add to this topic except that once during an extremely drunk TV conversation with my sister the closest I could come to remembering his name was Humperdink Funkybunch.

Cynara

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical on Thu May 03, 2012 1:44 am

He'll always be Paddy Joe Cumberbund to me.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat on Thu May 03, 2012 3:14 pm

I found out yesterday that he is also aware of Otters Who Look Like Benedict Cumberbatch and loves it. So even if I didn't like him already, I'd like him.

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny on Thu May 03, 2012 3:38 pm

Cynara wrote:I have nothing to add to this topic except that once during an extremely drunk TV conversation with my sister the closest I could come to remembering his name was Humperdink Funkybunch.

You should submit that to Bun Bun and the Cumberfuns, which is devoted to ridiculous versions of his name.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho on Thu May 03, 2012 4:55 pm

Cynara wrote:I have nothing to add to this topic except that once during an extremely drunk TV conversation with my sister the closest I could come to remembering his name was Humperdink Funkybunch.

That is a pretty awesome mutation. I love it. I shall use it along with Paddy Jo Cumberbund.

I waffle between several things. I love that he's a verbose dork in interviews and nerds out like crazy. I hate his writing -- it's like he's trying to talk on the page and be really charming, but it comes across that he's trying too damn hard. Also, if he's wanting a kid as bad as some interviews indicate, he should just pull and Angelina and adopt on.

But no matter what, he's got an open dinner invite at my house, because I do find him oddly charming at times, like his classy response to the news of Elementary:

"You know, Johnny’s a friend and there’s, as we already know with the Downey Jr movie franchise, there’s room enough for two, so why not three? It’s fine, and it’ll be different, and I don’t think it’s going to take away the love for ours, and there’s no reason to be churlish or bitter about them, or what they’re trying to do."

The quote's from the PBS chat they did last night (which is floating around Tumblr).
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm on Thu May 03, 2012 5:04 pm

My friend and I are worried that he won't find anyone to have his babies because we also are getting the feeling that he wants a family yesterday.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho on Thu May 03, 2012 6:39 pm

Oh I'm sure plenty of women will volunteer glady. I'll rent my kid to him for a weekend so I get some sleep.

Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl on Thu May 03, 2012 8:13 pm

Sherlock was the first show I saw him in, and when I watched the first series, I completely *loved* it, but found him to be so odd looking! And then the second series came out, so I had to rewatch the first again (of course!), and by the time I'd completed the second series for the second time, he'd made the progression from odd to funny looking but sorta cute to my, he's kind of appealing before finally graduating to Yum! Yes, please!

Which is better than Matt Smith, who has never made it past odd.

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Genevieve on Sat May 05, 2012 7:39 pm

I had the same experience when I first saw him in "Starter for 10" years ago. He was very odd-looking but very funny. He isn't afraid of being as goofy/uncool/wound up as humanly possible.
Genevieve
Genevieve

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup on Sat May 05, 2012 8:19 pm

Before Sherlock, he didn't play many attractive roles. I saw him in Atonement, the Other Boleyn Girl, Small Island. Either weak or creepy. I love his lovely caramel voice.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho on Sat May 05, 2012 9:35 pm

I haven't seen Atonement, but the whole "Bite it. You have to bite it" scene on Youtube made me nearly leap away from the computer. How creepy is that?

I've tried watching Fortysomething, but I can't. The whole show just pisses me off (despite the acting) so much that I end up screaming at the television. "WHAT THE FUCK? WHY DON'T YOU GUYS HAVE JOBS? I WOULD NEVER TALK ABOUT MY SEX LIFE WITH MY KIDS. NEVER!"

I want to see Starter for 10 now, but it's not streaming and if we get the DVD, it will disappear into the black hole of our house.

He was fantastic in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy -- it was like watching a baby spy grow up. But that whole movie was a acting treasure trove.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent Sculder on Sun May 06, 2012 4:18 pm

He's a fantastic actor, and I do love him as Sherlock. I actually mainlined all three episodes from the first series yesterday because I'm so excited about it's return tonight. I've seen him in quite a few things, and he's always really good. I'm also looking forward to seeing him in the Star Trek movie.

Honestly, I think most of his attractiveness comes from the fact he seems like a goofy, but smart guy. He's not conventionally attractive, but he's not unattractive either. I think the first thing that I saw him in where I "got" him was in The Last Enemy. And I LOVED him in Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. I've noticed he's one of those guys who was just built to wear well-tailored clothes.

Agent Sculder

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Sun May 06, 2012 4:36 pm

And I LOVED him in Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy.

I finally watched that and while it's filled with great performers performing greatly, I really found his character the easiest to latch on to. And I won't lie I was like yeah I finally get that Slaptyback Bumberbitch hot thing now and need to start catching up on Sherlock. His attitude toward the pr0n is also super amusing.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho on Sun May 06, 2012 5:53 pm

blixie wrote: Slaptyback Bumberbitch

I'm stealing that as my rapper name.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  eco on Sun May 06, 2012 8:31 pm

Zachary Quinto referred to him as "Cumberbund" on Twitter the other night (accompanied by photo of Cumby at Hooters drinking beer and watching a wrestling match). I laughed for a full minute.

eco

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho on Sun May 06, 2012 9:17 pm

I saw that! Along with a picture with Simon Pegg. That one made me laugh way too hard too.

Seriously, he needs to do more comedy. I vote a movie with Pegg and Frost, directed by Edgar Wright. That would make my day.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent Sculder on Mon May 21, 2012 12:27 am

Over in the Sherlock thread someone posted a radio interview Benedict gave recently, and I had no idea he was car jacked and thrown in the truck of a car while he was in South Africa making a film! Just hearing him talk about the experience and how he dealt with it gave me CHILLS.

Agent Sculder

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat on Fri May 25, 2012 4:27 pm

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent Sculder on Thu May 31, 2012 10:02 pm

If you enjoyed his reading of "The Little Red Hen", may I also suggest Ode to a Nightingale?

I knew Benedict could give good voice, but lordy, recording him reading Keats is almost EVIL because it just sounds SO good.

Agent Sculder

Back to top Go down

Post  salamandersam on Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:36 pm

It was announced Friday that Benedict Cumberbatch and Michael Fassbender are filming a movie produced by Brad Pitt in New Orleans starting this at the end of this month. I'm wondering if NOLA will be descended upon by Cumberbitches (sidenote, I live in NOLA) and how Paddy Joe and Fassy are going to deal with the heat and humidity. For reals I feel bad for them filming a historical drama in 90 plus weather with humidity making temps feel like 110F.

salamandersam

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent Sculder on Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:38 pm

salamandersam wrote:I'm wondering if NOLA will be descended upon by Cumberbitches (sidenote, I live in NOLA) and how Paddy Joe and Fassy are going to deal with the heat and humidity. For reals I feel bad for them filming a historical drama in 90 plus weather with humidity making temps feel like 110F.

I've been to New Orleans once, and it was in the summer, and I could NOT believe how humid it was. Although I am sure he and Fassy will manage somehow. Hopefully, they will have air-conditioned trailers. I hope the both of them aren't harassed too badly by fans. Although I imagine, Benedict is probably not known nearly as widely as Michael Fassbender is, at least in the US. I mean, I know who he is (and how), and I live here, but I think Sherlock is far less a phenomenon here than in the UK.

But I will say, after really noticing him due to his work on the show, I've managed to watch just about everything he's in (that he has a decent part in). And I found out they're going to showing him and Johnny Miller in "Frankenstein" at an arts theater near me, which I am totally going to have to see.

Agent Sculder

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho on Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:35 pm

salamandersam wrote:It was announced Friday that Benedict Cumberbatch and Michael Fassbender are filming a movie produced by Brad Pitt in New Orleans starting this at the end of this month. I'm wondering if NOLA will be descended upon by Cumberbitches (sidenote, I live in NOLA) and how Paddy Joe and Fassy are going to deal with the heat and humidity. For reals I feel bad for them filming a historical drama in 90 plus weather with humidity making temps feel like 110F.

I think I can smell burnt Englishmen from here and suddenly NOLA is gonna get even more moist.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhilin on Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:33 pm

salamandersam wrote:I'm wondering if NOLA will be descended upon by Cumberbitches...

This is terrible. Did people actively decide that this is what they should be called, as fans? Was there a vote? This is why I hate being enthusiastic about anything. You get an embarrassing nickname without your say.* God, I'm so depressed now...

(I was mostly being hyperbolic when I wrote this. I realized this morning that my tone didn't convey well.)

*=That's not really Benedict Cumberpatch's fault. It's this ongoing weird trend where people seem to be actively finding the worst nickname for a niche of fans possible. This gave me a flashback years ago when Trekkies were a Big Thing in geek circles and everyone was like, "Then what should be call Star Wars fans?" "How about 'Warsies?" And I immediately felt sorry for anyone who liked the Star Wars movies. Stop giving yourself terrible nicknames, fandoms!

Last edited by Rhilin on Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total

Rhilin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho on Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:45 pm

Oh some folks chose that name and it spread. I'm not a fan of it at all. There's some that aren't also just because they think it's awful for the word "bitch."

I just like to say I'm a fan of his work (AKA People who have an open invite for drinks at my house) and leave it at that.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum