Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game of Thrones

+60
Gallifrey Girl
slmader
Agent Sculder
UmaOprah
shanndee
katesti
Gilraen
whatthedeuce
xyzzy
Regina Filangie
Cutebutpsycho
QueenSix
dionneshea
Carrie Ann
ariadne
salamandersam
jennlynnster
draco vulgaris
Muggsy
RiverThames
jstilwe
sunni94
filwdork
sen3
Me Talk Pretty
Fiammetta
Shalamar
Kookla
BreezyK
naughty zoot
Cynara
punzy
mialoubug
Kiran
emrie
bbridges
Instant Monkeys
Matinee
bookworm
CindyMc
CherryFlame
Jessica
Shadowlass
inversed
Eris Rising
Unlucky Bear
Corvus
TiffanyNichelle
wenchsenior
ulkis
VodouDoll
screamin
queenofdenile
sagitare
biakbiak
ActonBell
Red Wolf
The Dude
punkysdilemma
blixie
64 posters

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

Game of Thrones  - Page 16 Empty Re: Game of Thrones

Post  bookworm Thu May 26, 2016 11:51 pm

Someone taped a picture of Hodor in the elevator next to the Hold button. I laughed, and then was sad.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  emrie Mon May 30, 2016 1:38 pm

I just assumed Maergery was playing everyone again, and was surprised to find that so many on the internet thought she had genuinely converted.

Yay, Benjen!

Yay, Arya being Arya again!

I hope Jaime and Cersei's passionate goodbye is setting up Jaime discovering how she cheated on him and finally striking out on his own.

For the book readers: Lady Stoneheart foreshadowing ahoy!

emrie

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Mon May 30, 2016 3:05 pm

emrie wrote:I just assumed Maergery was playing everyone again, and was surprised to find that so many on the internet thought she had genuinely converted.

Seriously!  I'm amazed that everyone seems to think she flipped.  I'm convinced she was all, "I have to rescue myself, so that means playing along."  Her face when her father rode up with the army was pretty much, "Oh, fuck, if I knew this was coming..."

But, I mean... she kind of has to trick Tommen into a sincere conversion for it to work. Because, let's face it, subterfuge is not in Tommen's skillset.
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Mon May 30, 2016 9:05 pm

I had to try so hard not to cry in front of my sis when Hodor died. I'd been spoiled, thanks to Instagram memes, but his death was still awful and so moving to watch.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Mon May 30, 2016 9:26 pm

I may have yelled "YES" when Sam came back and took the sword. Oh show, you lost me last season, and I feel like you're giving me flowers and chocolates and begging for forgiveness. Also, Miss Fisher as Lady Crane!
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Tue May 31, 2016 3:56 pm

bookworm wrote:I may have yelled "YES" when Sam came back and took the sword.  Oh show, you lost me last season, and I feel like you're giving me flowers and chocolates and begging for forgiveness.  Also, Miss Fisher as Lady Crane!

I yelled when they revealed that guy was Uncle Benjen. Mostly because I honestly thought they'd never get around to him.

I did like that Sam took the sword though.

Last season was not great because they were still waiting on the books/finishing the books imo, which entered "treading along" territory a while back. It's much better now that they're actually allowed to move the plot along and resolve things.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:15 am

How many seasons are left? They're moving things along at such a clip now I'm wondering if next season will be the end.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:34 am

Technically one, practically two they are splitting it into to smaller seasons ala Mad Men's final stretch. So 8 "seasons" total, not sure how long they plan to make people wait between 7/8 and if it will truly be two narrative strips or one narrative strip broken in half.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:04 pm

I totally call BS that Dude Face's master plan all this time was to get Arya to be a Stark.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:29 pm

bookworm wrote:I totally call BS that Dude Face's master plan all this time was to get Arya to be a Stark.  
I agree. Her whole story line feels massively slapped together. Like they didn't know what to do with her and just kind of half-assed the whole thing.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:51 pm

I liked that he seemed proud of her though. Whatever, I'm just glad she didn't bite it and is now heading back. I'm easy. Although maybe it's just easier for me to handwave it off because I have paid no attention whatsoever to her story since season 3.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:59 pm

Same. I'm just so relieved that all of that nonsense is finally over, and I was so happy to hear her reaffirm her Starkness, that I kind of don't care.

I saw a lot of more negative reviews of this episode, but I actually liked it. The Hound is such a delight to me. I enjoyed seeing one of the Faith Militant get his head ripped off. I loved the Tyrion/Varys goodbye, even though I am sad that we won't see them together for a little while, and I'm glad they didn't waste much time getting Dany back in the game. I also loved the Jaime/Brienne stuff, though depending on how things ultimately play out with Jaime, I may not look back on it so fondly.
book stuff:
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:31 pm

I agree Carrie Ann, re: Jaime. I was just glad he and Brienne didn't fight like the previews made it seem.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:34 pm

Since I wish to believe that Jaqen  
spoiler:
it worked for me.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:51 pm

That was a wild ride. When Jon Snow was gasping for air in the crush, I was gasping right along with him. That was brilliantly shot.

I was so upset about Rickon, even as I was shouting "Zig-zag, Rickon! Zig-zag!" But it was understandable why he didn't.

I'm glad that Jon didn't kill Ramsay and left things to Sansa. That is how it should be. And Sansa has become a cold, calculating bitch and I LOVE it. Good on her. As long as she doesn't use her powers for evil.

I also love the alliance between Dany and Yara although I'm wondering how long that will last. For now, it's great.

Oh, and Davos realizing what had happened to Shireen? Melisandre should start running now.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:32 pm

I was so upset about Rickon, even as I was shouting "Zig-zag, Rickon! Zig-zag!" But it was understandable why he didn't. wrote:
My husband wa shouting, 'Serpentine, serpentine!" /The InLaws.

I was hoping for Ramsay's end to come at the teeth of some direwolves (Nymeria, where are you girl? And bring Gendry back with you), but as soon as he said his dogs hadn't eaten in 7 days I was pulling for that more poetic end.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:54 pm

I really, really, really don't want Sansa to be pregnant. Please.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:01 pm

I don't see Sansa pregnant.

Last edited by ulkis on Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  UmaOprah Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:25 am

I'm hoping (but not really) that he meant, "I've rubbed off on you." I mean, she's learned from the best and might now be completely jaded and hardened.

UmaOprah

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:32 am

ulkis wrote:I fooled myself into thinking they would let Rickon live. Might have been a mistake to take a break from the show and then watch it again lol.

I don't see Sansa pregnant, just because what would be the point? But this is Game of Thrones so you never know.

Passage of time is always a bit wonky on this show, but-- wouldn't she already know one way or another by now? It seems like months have passed since she escaped.
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Corvus Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:22 pm

Actually... Horrifying though it may be for Sansa, she's still Lady Bolton, isn't she? Doesn't that mean she's just inherited a bunch o' stuff? A castle or two? Given how in the previous episode we saw just how slavishly devoted Westeros is to the laws of inheritance.

Okay, technically she offed her husband, but a similar situation didn't prevent Ramsay from inheriting. Just saying.
Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:31 pm

Were I Lady Bolton first order of business would be a new sigil.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  Corvus Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:00 pm

I can see it. Red and white checkered.
BOLTON DOG CHOW
COMPLETE AND BALANCED
Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  PirateCatarina Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:59 pm

Oh man that was a satisfying end to that little shit. I love that Jon let Sansa have the final blow, as it were.

That battle was BRUTAL but also so interesting to watch after reading accounts of medieval and Civil War battles where often piles of dead would be huge barriers on the battlefield. Littlefinger showing up in the nick of time was a little predictable but I'll let it slide just for the look on Ramsay's face when he realized it was over.

PirateCatarina

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next