Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game of Thrones

+60
Gallifrey Girl
slmader
Agent Sculder
UmaOprah
shanndee
katesti
Gilraen
whatthedeuce
xyzzy
Regina Filangie
Cutebutpsycho
QueenSix
dionneshea
Carrie Ann
ariadne
salamandersam
jennlynnster
draco vulgaris
Muggsy
RiverThames
jstilwe
sunni94
filwdork
sen3
Me Talk Pretty
Fiammetta
Shalamar
Kookla
BreezyK
naughty zoot
Cynara
punzy
mialoubug
Kiran
emrie
bbridges
Instant Monkeys
Matinee
bookworm
CindyMc
CherryFlame
Jessica
Shadowlass
inversed
Eris Rising
Unlucky Bear
Corvus
TiffanyNichelle
wenchsenior
ulkis
VodouDoll
screamin
queenofdenile
sagitare
biakbiak
ActonBell
Red Wolf
The Dude
punkysdilemma
blixie
64 posters

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down

Game of Thrones  - Page 3 Empty Re: Game of Thrones

Post  CherryFlame Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:37 pm

Maybe I missed something but why did the Wildings cut Jon free after he killed the other wall guy?

I really did not like this season as well the first and I think it's because I spent a lot of time being confused. Very sad that no one killed Joffery. That little fucker needs a beatdown.

Also, zombies horses!

CherryFlame

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:27 pm

Maybe I missed something but why did the Wildings cut Jon free after he killed the other wall guy?

The Halfhand (other Wall guy) was one of the best fighters the Wall ever had, and Jon killing him was a sign to the wildlings that he (Jon) was a turncloak and officially on their side.

I don't blame you for being confused, though, because in the book, the killing was an unspoken yet understood arrangement between Jon and the Halfhand, where in the show it looks like the Halfhand just ran onto Jon's sword and Jon was the guy who held it. Not that the dumbing down of Jon bothers me or anything. *grumble*
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:38 am

In regards to the unanswered questions, probably the best way to take it is like a cliffhanger.

Waiting until next year for more episodes sucks even more since Bron wasn't even in the finale.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  CherryFlame Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:00 pm

queenofdenile wrote:

The Halfhand (other Wall guy) was one of the best fighters the Wall ever had, and Jon killing him was a sign to the wildlings that he (Jon) was a turncloak and officially on their side.

I don't blame you for being confused, though, because in the book, the killing was an unspoken yet understood arrangement between Jon and the Halfhand, where in the show it looks like the Halfhand just ran onto Jon's sword and Jon was the guy who held it. Not that the dumbing down of Jon bothers me or anything. *grumble*

That makes sense. I thought after they both got swords they would try to both get free but then that didn't happen. Plus Jon seems confused about why he was being attacked so that
goes with the dumbing down At least he's pretty.

CherryFlame

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:28 pm

Plus Jon seems confused about why he was being attacked so that
goes with the dumbing down At least he's pretty.

Especially because Halfhand whispered to him that Jon would be okay if he went along with his plan right before he pushed him down the hill while yelling "traitor" at him.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:35 am

Eris Rising wrote:Also, I'm loving this Jaimie/Brienne frenemy thing happening now.
Loved how it was practically an improv routine when the Stark men stumbled on them.

I do wish they paced Dany's scene better. Less of the winter illusions and a little more build up on the dragons heating up. Would have given a sometime for a nice reaction by Wizard Dean Pelton, like "Oh shit, them together makes them even more powerfull." Nice tosee Drogo again though.

It's borderline criminal there was no Bron in the finale.

Only about a 1/4 way through A.S.S., at this point I wonder if some of the disperate exiles like the Hound, Osha and Arya will form something of a traditional fantasy band of adventurers. Like the Fellowship of Fuck the Blond Man or something.

Not Anne Boleyn is way more prepared for Joffrey than Sansa as her honeymoon with Renly proved. No doubt Arya had Sansa in mind when she said "most girls are idiots".

I will be appalled if Maisey Williams doesn't get the emmy. Furthermore I'd better on Arya showwing up in the most popular baby names list before long.

As for the crowd's reaction to Joffrey casting Sansa aside, I think she gained a deal of respect handling things well during the seige in contrast to Sersie's bender.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:18 pm

I will be appalled if Maisey Williams doesn't get the emmy.

but she doesn't really do anything besides sassing Tywin. She's good at sassing Tywin but I don't think they're Emmy worthy. Well, I mean, if there was an Emmy for sassing Tywin she should get it but I'm sure there will be other supporting actresses with more material in their episodes, and unless they suck, they'll probably get it.

I don't blame you for being confused, though, because in the book, the killing was an unspoken yet understood arrangement between Jon and the Halfhand, where in the show it looks like the Halfhand just ran onto Jon's sword and Jon was the guy who held it. Not that the dumbing down of Jon bothers me or anything. *grumble*.

Bothers me too. I hate how they made it seem like Jon was too gutless to kill Ygritte instead of making a firm decision not to, how he got lost, and then how she outsmarted him at the end. Ay.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:31 pm

Furthermore I'd better on Arya showwing up in the most popular baby names list before long.

I came across a real-life Sansa last week. A grownup, too, not someone named for the book character.
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:19 pm

GRRM has a 'from my readers' section on his site. People have sent in pics of children and pets named for the books for a few years now. Strangely, there have been no children or animals named Joffrey. I expect it'll pick up soon.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:33 pm

Not even a snake or a rat? Or a white mouse named only seconds before he is fed to the aforementioned snake?
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:26 am

Possibly, but they haven't actually sent in a pic.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:18 am

Red Wolf wrote:GRRM has a 'from my readers' section on his site. People have sent in pics of children and pets named for the books for a few years now. Strangely, there have been no children or animals named Joffrey. I expect it'll pick up soon.
I always wondered what The Godfather did for the use of the name Fredo.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  CindyMc Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:36 pm

Maroon 5 "Payphone"/Game of Thrones Parody video. NSFW (language, possibly brief nudity, I can't remember).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rapo0h-RDnk

CindyMc

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:55 am

The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:04 pm

Finally finished the season. It didn't blow me away like the first season, but it was still awesome. I had to peak on Wikipedia to see if
Spoiler:
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:23 pm

bookworm wrote:Finally finished the season. It didn't blow me away like the first season, but it was still awesome. I had to peak on Wikipedia to see if
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:49 pm

Oh, that is crazy, Matinee, I didn't even realize that. That's what I love about these books....there are so many little details like that that you pick up after repeat readings.
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:17 pm

Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:39 pm

OMG Maisie looks so much younger. I mean I know she is young but there she looks like she is 9 or 10.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  bbridges Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:23 pm

Kit Harrington looks so strange to me with the short hair and the glasses. I feel like he is some random bookstore employee who wandered into the picture.
bbridges
bbridges

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:04 pm

The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  emrie Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:41 pm

emrie

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:57 am

So no Arya...

The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:19 pm

Producers said the premiere was too stuffed full and they had to boot Arya and Bran to a different episode.

Great to have the show back (for two months)! I can almost remember who everyone is, though I didn't initially recognize Selmy with the beard, despite the "previously on" scene of him resigning from the Kingsguard.

Someone on Facebook said they've been referring to Jorah Mormont as Sir Friendzoned and now I can't not think that when he turns up.

This is such a fun show. We watched the premiere and then watched Vikings, which paled so severely by comparison.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:27 pm

We watched the premiere and then watched Vikings, which paled so severely by comparison.
I remember back when Camelot started a few weeks before GOT. Then had a break just when GOT started. After seeing two eps of GOT, I just couldn't go back.

Also, Sansa's 'The truth is either boring or depressing', while I agree with her, that's her whole problem right there.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next