Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fringe: Crisis on Multiple Earths

+19
Eris Rising
Snarker
Gillian
PineappleGirl
FiggyPudding
Gallifrey Girl
Corvus
lil d
particle_person
ulkis
biakbiak
jensa
choubetcha
QueenSix
jcpdiesel21
Instant Monkeys
naughty zoot
Bad Username
laddical
23 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Fringe: Crisis on Multiple Earths - Page 3 Empty Re: Fringe: Crisis on Multiple Earths

Post  Eris Rising Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:49 pm

Yeah, the whole backstory changes beyond recognition with no Observers, so I'm thinking that they still existed, only in the alternate universe versions that were obviously more benign.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Fringe: Crisis on Multiple Earths - Page 3 Empty Re: Fringe: Crisis on Multiple Earths

Post  Raksha Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:35 pm

I'm going to give this show another chance. When it first started airing, I couldn't get into it for reasons that didn't really have anything to do with the show itself, and then after that it just felt like I'd missed too much to hop on the train mid-ride.

I'm just curious: Did you guys find the finale satisfying? I'm afraid to read the rest of the thread because of spoilers, but if the finale was disappointing I want to be able to brace myself.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:47 pm

The finale was only disappointing in that time travel logic doesn't always make linear sense and the fact that... no more "Fringe". Otherwise, it was satisfying.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:01 pm

I agree with laddical - don't expect logic, be accepting of huge plot holes, and it was emotionally very satisfying. I still love every single one of the main players, which doesn't happen often in a show that's been on for 5 years.

There will be a point in seasons 2, 3 or 4 that will probably make you want to throw things, though. There are several (many!) game-changing events in the show that essentially mean that the show you loved the previous season is gone for good. But they always came up with something that entertained me and worked somehow.

Last edited by Lily Rose on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:12 pm

My favorite exchange of the night,

Spoiler:

Baaaaaawwwww....
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Caramel Coffee Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:49 pm

ulkis wrote:September with hair was smokin' hot, lol.

Okay. Not just me then.
Caramel Coffee
Caramel Coffee

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:44 pm

I think the dandy vest added to the overall effect

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  Pumpkin Cake Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:32 am

It's OVER, and I am SAD.

I seriously will miss that surprisingly compelling show. But I didn't really understand anything that happened in the last season, so the saving grace is that I can sort of watch it all over again anew!

Pumpkin Cake

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum