Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tom Hiddleston

+19
salamandersam
shanndee
laddical
puddingcup
mandalaya
Swarley
naughty zoot
jensa
jennlynnster
Tabby
Gilly_sirl
Coneycat
Jude
allochthonous
MtOlivePickles
Binky
whatthedeuce
sagitare
Dachelle
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tom Hiddleston Empty Tom Hiddleston

Post  Dachelle Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:26 pm

I thought he deserved a thread. Also, he tweeted a very sweet thanks to his fans today for voting for him to win the Anglo Fan Favorites tournament on the BBC America website.

Dachelle

Back to top Go down

Tom Hiddleston Empty Re: Tom Hiddleston

Post  sagitare Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:09 am

The reaction on tumblr when it came down to him and Benedict was really hilarious. That place may be a hotbed of crazy but I tell you what, the reaction gifs were a hoot.

He seems like a genuinely sincere and extremely nice person, who is truly humbled and appreciative of the success he's been having lately. I liked the interviews he and Benedict did for War Horse where they were both so complimentary about each other's talent and success. I remember saying to coneycat that it was nice to see that mutual admiration between two actors hitting it big rather than snarky jealousy or uber competitiveness.

I hadn't seen him in anything prior to Thor but he totally impressed me in that. He took what could have been a cliched moustache-twirling villain type of role and instead played Loki with humanity and vulnerability. I kept going on about him to various people after the movie, like "Yeah, that movie was great blah-blah-blah but man, you've got to check out the dude playing Loki!" Just what he was able to convey with his facial expressions alone in some scenes was wonderful, particularly at the end when he reacts to Odin's "No, Loki".

And now he's filming a vampire love story. With SWINTON. Awesome doesn't even begin to cover it, heh.

ETA: how could you not love a guy who does *raptor* impressions (at 1.21)? And his Chris Evans (at 1.41) is *gold*. (stick around for his Samuel L. Jackson, too, at 2.27!)
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:31 am

Just from those few impressions, I get all the fuss because he seems like such an adorable, doofy, humble guy. Plus, I completely 100% expected to loathe Loki when I saw The Avengers because I was so effin' tired of hearing people squee about him on LJ, but he just really sold that character's vulnerability under the psychotic veneer. I almost felt sorry for the poor bastard at some points even though it he was basically murdering people just because he has daddy issues and a hard-on for power.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:04 am

I really enjoyed him as Loki, but I have to say his natural hair color (reddish brown) does not work for me. He should keep the dark look.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:10 pm

I don't mind the reddish-brown but I do prefer it darker as well. With the ginger colouring he reminds me a lot of Simon Pegg in some shots.
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  Dachelle Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:48 pm

Aw, I like him with his natural haircolor! The blonde curls he had in Wallander were adorable, and I don't usually go for blondes.

Everyone's seen the Loki'd video, right? He cracks me up every time I watch it. Which has been, uh, quite a few times. (I swear I'm not a psychotic fan! Hiddles doesn't live in my head!)

Dachelle

Back to top Go down

Post  MtOlivePickles Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:53 pm

His hair in Thor was the best. Perfect length and color and everything. And that Loki'd video! "The ambulance is coming, I love you."

He does seem really cool, which is why I'm boggled by some of the... intensity that his fans have. I have to admit, that put me off of liking Tom for a while. But his tweets can be so much fun. I love how, after The Avengers first came out he tweeted something about
Spoiler:
, and then he was all "DELETE DELETE DELETE!" Seemed like something I would have posted.

MtOlivePickles

Back to top Go down

Post  Dachelle Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:02 pm

I do think some of the perceived intensity is just a matter of being on Tumblr. I mean, I can come here and calmly discuss him and his hair and his acting, and then I get to Tumblr and I'm all reblogging and all-caps and "HIS FACE OMG I CANNOT HANDLE THIS LIFE-RUINER AUGGGHHHHH." But that's the culture, and I think most of the people I interact with on there are doing it all in good fun, and the youth of a lot of the fandom is part of the intensity. There have been some blogs I've run across that I've had to take a few steps away from, but we're not all crazy, I swear!

I love his Twitter. That's actually what made me a fan in the first place - I'd seen him in Midnight in Paris and War Horse and liked him, but it wasn't until one of my longtime LJ/Twitter friends started retweeting him that I took notice of how funny and intelligent he is, and how appreciative he seems of his fan base. That was really endearing to me.

Dachelle

Back to top Go down

Post  allochthonous Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:06 pm

I think the dark hair looks weirdly fake on him and washes him out like whoa (not that it really matters when you're playing a supervillain who is also a Norse god), I much prefer his normal hair colour. Even so, he really does not do a lot for me physically, but good Lord he is a hugely charismatic actor, especially in person. The couple of times I've seen him in the theatre he's been in supporting roles, but I still came away thinking a lot about his characters. He is also kicking arse as Hal in the BBC histories on at the moment. His verse-speaking is gorgeous.
allochthonous
allochthonous

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:32 am

He was also quite thin when he was filming Thor so that uber-dark hair really did a number on him all the way around, I think. It worked on screen but yeah, just too much otherwise.

I've been hearing lots of good things about The Hollow Crown and I can't wait until it airs here, which coneycat tells me will be sometime this fall on PBS (thank you, PBS!)

"Hugely charismatic" is a great way to put it. In fact, I was watching The Ides of March tonight and I got thinking that Tom's a lot like the Ryan Goslings and Philip Seymour Hoffmans in the acting world: just so incredibly good that you sometimes don't realize just how good they are. An actor's actor, if you will. They make it look effortless on the screen but you know there's just so much behind it.
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  Dachelle Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:01 pm

I remember he mentioned in an interview that they used whiter makeup on him for Loki, too, which contributes a bit to the washed-out look.

I would love to have the opportunity to see him on stage, I'm sure he's even more amazing than on screen.

Dachelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:42 pm

This thread is way overdue for an update! Therefore, I bring a gift to remedy that situation:

Tom Hiddleston and Cookie Monster

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:40 pm

Jude wrote:This thread is way overdue for an update! Therefore, I bring a gift to remedy that situation:

Tom Hiddleston and Cookie Monster

I found that on Tumblr just before rushing off to class and a meeting, and it pretty much kept me going all day. The man is seriously almost as cute as Grover!

(Although I'm starting to think it will take being cast in a Gene Wilder biopic for us ever to see his real hair again. The poor man hasn't been blond for five minutes since Marvel got hold of him!)

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  Gilly_sirl Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:24 pm

Yep! I've been Loki'd. Or rather, Hiddles'ed?

In any case, I'm rather ashamed, because goodness gracious, I'm too old for that sh!t! But I got sucked into going through such things as Loki'd My Ovaries and cracking up several times.

At work.

He had been floating around in my subconscious since I had watched the now (in)famous Loki appearance at Comic-con. At first, I thought, wow, that is some charisma! Also, I had wanted to watch The Deep Blue Sea for a while, mainly because I have a weakness for stories about infidelity (yes, I have issues), and because I love Rachel Weisz. But since then, BLAM! I can't stop looking at pictures of Hiddles.

Jesus, when will I stop being such a fangirl!

My favorite it STILL the Comic-con skit!

Gilly_sirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Tabby Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:33 pm

I know pretty much squat about this guy, but I'm enjoying his work in The Hollow Crown very much. He's Prince Hal in Henry IV, Parts 1 and 2, and I think he's done a wonderful job. I'm looking forward to seeing him as Henry V this Friday.

He's kind of easy on the eyes, isn't he?
Tabby
Tabby

Back to top Go down

Post  jennlynnster Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:18 pm

jennlynnster

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:07 pm

DAMMIT Hiddleston! Is there no end to your unbridled wonderfulness?

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  jensa Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:25 pm

jensa
jensa

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:36 pm

That is marvelous. I feel all swoony.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  Swarley Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:22 pm

Swarley

Back to top Go down

Post  mandalaya Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:37 pm

Fun! The dancing is not Sam Rockwell-level, but at least he's in the running and looks damn fine in a suit doing it. The singing, well, it's fun that he's game to try for the purposes of Japanese tv.
mandalaya
mandalaya

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:23 pm

sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:02 am

By the way, it's a Korean tv show in the singing link. Koreans love making people sing. What? You want me to translate the Korean on the mike? Sure, it says "To-ru" (Thor). Just in case you were curious. Is Hemsworth doing any promotion for Thor 2? It seems like all Hiddles all the time. I love Hiddleston, just think it's kind of strange.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:29 am

Hemsworth did an extended ad/interview bit that aired during either The Walking Dead or SHIELD. I think it was Dead because I remember thinking it was odd that something like that wasn't airing during SHIELD. But other than that, Marvel knows what side the bread is buttered on.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:15 am

Hiddles and Hems have done a few great interviews together recently.

This might be the one in which they discuss Hiddles' adoption by the Hemsworths, who are apparently the Seeonee wolf pack. And when asked who his favourite superhero is, Hemsworth does not get bogged down by silly little details.

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum