Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tom Hiddleston

+19
salamandersam
shanndee
laddical
puddingcup
mandalaya
Swarley
naughty zoot
jensa
jennlynnster
Tabby
Gilly_sirl
Coneycat
Jude
allochthonous
MtOlivePickles
Binky
whatthedeuce
sagitare
Dachelle
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tom Hiddleston - Page 2 Empty Re: Tom Hiddleston

Post  MtOlivePickles Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:54 pm

So, a Shanghai theater ended up using a fanmade poster for TDW instead of the real one, and, well...

MtOlivePickles

Back to top Go down

Post  jennlynnster Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:03 pm

Oh, that is fantastic.

jennlynnster

Back to top Go down

Post  shanndee Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:28 pm

OK, I've just caught up on this thread...and the singing/dancing/Cookie Monster (!!) footage has officially made me feel like a 14 year old girl again.

<swoon>

shanndee

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:59 am

shanndee wrote:OK, I've just caught up on this thread...and the singing/dancing/Cookie Monster (!!) footage has officially made me feel like a 14 year old girl again.

<swoon>
Hee--there are a few of us in that club! XD

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:36 am

Hiddleston was on the Nerdist Podcast the other day. He shares some interesting anecdotes, including some on working with Spielberg, and how he and his British contemporaries (Tom Hardy, Cumberbatch, etc.) are the lost generation for the Harry Potter films - too old to be cast as students, too young to be cast as teachers. They toss around ideas as to which Harry Potter character Hiddles would have been good for if he had been the right age. He is very Earnest.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  salamandersam Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:58 am

I downloaded Hddleston's Nerdist interview last night, but haven't listened to it yet. It did make The Best on the AV Club, so I'm looking forward to listening to it today.

salamandersam

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:26 am

It's not as funny as most of the Nerdist podcasts are (see: TH's Earnestness), but still enjoyable. He has such a lovely voice. He slips in a couple of impressions.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  salamandersam Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:08 pm

I listened to it this morning and he was, as usual, very charming. Listening also gave me the desire for him and Paddy Joe to do a buddy comedy together.

salamandersam

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:53 am

So apparently Tom can juggle. Well, of course he can!

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  DaenarysQueenoftheYumYums Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:45 pm

I had no clue that he was the villian from The Avengers until all of this hype started coming out about the second Thor movie and people started posting gifs and videos of this guy.

I like him. He seems pretty cool and fun...and for a white Brit, he certainly can dance! He's pretty cute too. And he's not bad singing either.

For some reason tumblr is obsessed with him and Cumberbatch....

DaenarysQueenoftheYumYums

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:07 am

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  allochthonous Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:42 pm

I saw this last night and it was startlingly good. Coriolanus really isn't one of Shakespeare's best, and it can take a lot of pruning (which fortunately they did, bringing the whole thing down to just over 2.5 hours), but the acting and production were superb, and beautifully clear. Well worth the required 4 am start to queue for day tickets; I'd also recommend the NT live screenings on the 30th of January to anyone who wants to catch it.
allochthonous
allochthonous

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:22 pm

What was the audience like? I had read of some distressing incidents with screaming fans in the audience, which is definitely not a good thing in live theater.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  allochthonous Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:24 pm

ActonBell wrote:What was the audience like? I had read of some distressing incidents with screaming fans in the audience, which is definitely not a good thing in live theater.
The audience was fine - no noise at all - and only slightly younger on average than usual. Even the queue wasn't fangirl dominated, although I saw a number of Loki's Army buttons (and we met someone who claimed to have seen it eight times). It's the stage door I think where the real madness happens, and since they've started limiting that solely to people who hold tickets for that day's performances, I think even that has died down (but I did hear some crazy stories about people mobbing the guy).
allochthonous
allochthonous

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:07 am

On Tumblr (which, honestly, I pretty much just use to follow the hiddleston tags for pretty pictures and cute videos) there have been reports of long queues at the stage door, but that's about it. No actual reports of bad behaviour, not even from people who seemed to be hoping to be able to call out and shame someone.

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  Dachelle Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:28 pm

I have a friend on FB who went to the show with her daughter and they tried to do the stage door last night, but the security guard wouldn't bring Tom out because the fans waiting were getting pushy and not respecting the queue system.  My friend was obviously disappointed she couldn't meet Hiddles but she said she understood why the security guard made that decision and they thanked him for letting them know.  Other fans were not quite so nice.

Another friend of hers I don't know said in the comments to her FB post that some fans have actually been following Tom home from the theatre (!!!) and videoing him in the supermarket (?!? Why would you want to do that?  What weird thrill would you even get out of taking video of a man picking out produce???).  I mean, God knows I love and am to a not insubstantial degree unhealthily obsessed with the man, but there are lines that really should NOT be crossed.

On the plus side, she said the production was fantastic and she got me a program!  I'm going to see the NTLive rebroadcast twice, since Dallas and Fort Worth are airing it on different dates.  I can't wait.

Also, hi everyone!  Long time no Snarkfest.

Dachelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Genevieve Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:47 am

That is really creepy. I would love to know how people think that kind of behaviour is in anyway sensible or a good idea. That kind of thing ruins fandom for me.
Genevieve
Genevieve

Back to top Go down

Post  salamandersam Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:20 pm

That is super creepy. And inappropriate.

salamandersam

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:36 pm

He tweeted today: "Please be patient, kind & respectful with the Box Office, Front of House & Security Staff at Donmar Warehouse. They are the best in the world. All are doing - as they always do - everything they can to make sure everyone has a great night."
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:31 pm

I saw the National Live performance of Coriolanus, and he was great in it. My bar for good onscreen crying has been raised, and if there isn't snot, then the actor is obviously not trying hard enough.

I was amused by the insane male to female ratio in the theatre, and the number of conversations about cats going on around me.

bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:39 am

I enjoyed it a lot myself. I'd only ever seen the film version (with Ralph Fiennes) so it was cool to compare the two. I was most curious as to how they'd use such a small, plain stage given all the action and whatnot of the story, and I was totally impressed by how much mileage they got out of some paint and creative lighting. I also liked how a bunch of actors would be on stage at once but those that weren't actually in the scene currently going on would be standing at the back of the stage, and that everyone pitched in to move chairs and change the set between scenes. It was all quite fascinating.

I was struck by the humour in the play (which I don't remember picking up on in the movie version). The whole bit where Coriolanus has to basically beg for the people's 'voices' was hilarious. I also loved the WTF faces put on by various cast members (particularly the actress playing Coriolanus's wife at the beginning when his mother and Gatiss's character are going on and on about the wounds Coriolanus has received). Another great bit was when Coriolanus reveals himself to Aufidius, and after a big buildup Aufidius has no clue who he is. Tom's "Are you shitting me?" facial reaction was perfect.

I don't know that I was breathing during Volumnia's impassioned plea to her son near the end. Terrific scene.
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum