Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Marvel Cinematic Universe

+64
naughty zoot
Gillian
katesti
Muggsy
darthtall
DarkSpork
Matinee
particle_person
Algae
nazlan
blixie
Coneycat
Swarley
Bad Username
Poubelle
nikita
Instant Monkeys
SarahJanet
Eris Rising
Rhilin
MtOlivePickles
Carrie Ann
sen3
jstilwe
Shalamar
PrincessCleo
Cynara
bookworm
Agent Sculder
dionneshea
Melk
epudom
punzy
pizzagirl20
swsa
Kiran
TiffanyNichelle
QueenSix
BrightEyes
Cutebutpsycho
Escape
Putli Bai
Unlucky Bear
sagitare
Wildog27
Binky
Snarryfan
biakbiak
mandalaya
ActonBell
vwlphb
bbridges
oxymoron
rivki8699
Red Wolf
ulkis
Fiammetta
Raksha
The Dude
RiverThames
Menshevixen
Skyblade
Miss Moneypenny
laddical
68 posters

Page 20 of 24 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Go down

The Marvel Cinematic Universe - Page 20 Empty Re: The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Post  Cynara Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:14 pm

That could be really interesting if done right, and really REALLY terrible if done wrong. I do think it has strong potential to be good, because the MCU so far has done an unexpectedly great job of 1) paring stuff down/writing snappily and 2) casting people who can actually act to, you know, portray emotions and things.  So I'm optimistic.

Spoiler:

Cynara

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:08 pm

Comic Tony is a lot more of your typical CEO - meaning, running to the conservative side of things politically. At least that's always been my impression. But what pushed him to back registration was the inciting incident of the Civil War storyline - a team of unsupervised teen heroes used excessive force in bringing down a bad guy that resulted in a schoolbus full of kids getting blown up.

Movie Tony has a lot more anti-authoritarian streak in him, so it's going to require a lot more work to make him the face of pro-registration. Unless the idea is to flip the alignments for the movie, but I don't buy Movie Steve backing registration any more than Comic Steve did. And while I could have bought Nick Fury being the face of the pro-reg side for the movies, that seems less likely after the whole "SHIELD turned out to be a front for Hydra".

Part of me wants Marvel to use this storyline to span the TV shows and the movies a bit more - getting the Defenders involved as well as bringing the new Coulson-led SHIELD out of the shadows. And then part of me worries that this would create the same "my god will this ever end?" nightmare that the comic story suffered from.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:21 pm

laddical wrote:Comic Tony is a lot more of your typical CEO - meaning, running to the conservative side of things politically. At least that's always been my impression. But what pushed him to back registration was the inciting incident of the Civil War storyline - a team of unsupervised teen heroes used excessive force in bringing down a bad guy that resulted in a schoolbus full of kids getting blown up.

He also made massive amounts of money on the registration efforts.  One of the more infuriating parts of that storyline was the side mini about that journalist who uncovered Stark Industries' huge number of government contracts and the sale of super-being "containment" technologies to the government, which Tony had gone to great lengths to hide because people would realize he's a lying war profiteer, and then just sat on the story "for the greater good."

As for the movies, I found this on tumblr last night:
MCU Civil War Script

Senator: Superheroes have to register their secret identities!
Natasha: There’s six of us. Rogers has a Smithsonian exhibit on him, Stark won’t stop telling the world he’s Iron Man, and for the rest of us, I dumped all of SHIELD’s files on the internet.
Senator: Oh. Right.
-FIN-

I kind of desperately want that to be one of those One Shots they put on the Blu-Rays.

Edit: Also, I'm sad that my absolute favorite part of Civil War would never make it into the movies. Emma Frost telling both Tony Stark and Carol Danvers to fuck off was fantastic. Especially when she got really harsh about the Avengers' indifference to the genocide in Genosha.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynara Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:36 pm

MCU Civil War Script

Natasha: There’s six of us. Rogers has a Smithsonian exhibit on him, Stark won’t stop telling the world he’s Iron Man, and for the rest of us, I dumped all of SHIELD’s files on the internet.
-FIN-
Tumblr has a point.

Cynara

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent Sculder Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:40 am

laddical wrote:Part of me wants Marvel to use this storyline to span the TV shows and the movies a bit more - getting the Defenders involved as well as bringing the new Coulson-led SHIELD out of the shadows. And then part of me worries that this would create the same "my god will this ever end?" nightmare that the comic story suffered from.

I think that is the plan. I didn't read the comics, but this article discusses that it looks like several characters that will figure in the story line will probably be introduced in the Netflix series that are planned. Also interesting: apparently Sony is looking to work out a deal to share Spiderman. As someone who always loved that character (and enjoyed first two Spidey movies with Toby Maguire), I'd like to see him come back to Marvel.

Agent Sculder

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:12 pm

Cynara wrote:
MCU Civil War Script

-FIN-
Tumblr has a point.

Indeed. And of the four left, one of them doesn't even have a secret identity and two of them were intelligence agents which is less a question of secret identity and more job requirement. And I'm still unsure as to how much the public knows about Hulk and Banner to begin with.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:19 am

Spiderman is a MAJOR part of Civil War. And I will say though I think the new Spiderman movies are far from perfect, I do think Andrew Garfield is pretty perfect casting, so I'd love to see him in the MCU.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Melk Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:05 pm

Andrew Garfield is pretty perfect casting. It's such a shame Marvel don't have the Spider-man rights, I think they'd do a much, much better job with it than Sony.

Do you think they'd do a straight-up retelling of the Civil War? They've changed quite a few things in the movie universe when it suits the story better, so maybe it won't be about registered superheroes and secret identities in the film. RDJ's take on Tony Stark is a world away from the comics for starters, much more anti-authoritarian and rebellious.
Melk
Melk

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:49 pm

Do you think they'd do a straight-up retelling of the Civil War?
No. They'll take the idea that the heroes are at each other's throats, but hopefully for an entirely different reason. And hopefully they'll make both sides sympathetic.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:31 pm

I had strings but now I'm free. There are no strings on me.

James Spader has officially creeped me the fuck out. And I'm never going to be able to watch Pinocchio the same way again.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:39 pm

Oh, James Spader! I'd forgotten he was it. But really, it sounded more like some generic growly sort of voice than Daniel Jackson MK 1. Still good, though.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:59 pm

I love that you can tell they used motion capture on James Spader because Ultron moved like him.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:11 pm

Holy shit, that looks amazing! Is it May yet?
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:42 pm

Chills and goosebumps.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  katesti Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:33 pm

laddical wrote:And I'm never going to be able to watch Pinocchio the same way again.

Wait, is there a way to watch Pinocchio withOUT being creeped out? Because it scares the shit out of me - my dad took me to see it in the theater when I was three, if you're looking for something NOT to do with small children - and so hearing that in the trailer gave me the extreme wiggins.

katesti

Back to top Go down

Post  BrightEyes Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:05 pm

It reminded me of Lana Del Ray's version of "Once Upon a Dream" from the Maleficent trailer.

I LOVED:
The Hulkbuster armor.
The shot of the ballerinas.
Banner's "hold me" pose.
Lizzie Olsen walking around like a GQMF.
A rogue Andy Serkis appears?
James Spader's voice is WONDERFUL. Scary and wonderful.
Spoiler:

BrightEyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:05 am

Word is Benedict Cumberbatch is Doctor Strange. Marvel, I am disappoint. He's an alright actor, but I've got Cumberbatch Fatigue. Maybe if the movie is awesome I can shake that off, but meh.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:14 am

Ugh, yes. Tired of him.

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  BrightEyes Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:55 am

Nooooo. What happened, Joaquin?

BrightEyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:49 pm

He dropped out a couple weeks ago because he just wasn't into being tied down was the rumor. I like cumberbatch and I know Joaquin is divisive, but I think he may very well be the most interesting actor in his age range so I'm sad about it.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Melk Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:28 pm

I don't mind Cumberbatch, and I am hopeful that this will be a good movie. But I am getting just a leetle bit tired of the endless parade of white guys here.
Melk
Melk

Back to top Go down

Post  katesti Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:57 pm

Phase 3, including Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) and Black Panther (Chadwick Boseman has already been cast).

katesti

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:09 pm

I love that they already have T'challa cast - it's like, "If you people would just shut up and stop looking over our shoulders and overanalyzing *everything*, maybe we could actually get some work done!" No one knew Black Panther was that far along, and then boom - there it is on the calendar with a star. Meanwhile, Doctor Strange is just taking foreeeeeeeever.

Also: Avengers: Infinity War, with Parts 1 and 2 bracketing Captain Marvel. I wonder if that means Captain Marvel will be a spin-off of Infinity War or if it will be out of order chronologically (or occurring simultaneously somewhere else, like The Incredible Hulk and Iron Man 2).
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:34 pm

Thank God for Captain Marvel. It's definitely too late, and I'm not going to give them any credit for doing what should have been done years earlier, but it's an Overall Good anyway.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:53 pm

Captain Marvel! Yeeeees! I remember some rumors that Katee Sackhoff was meeting with Marvel about something and I'm praying it's that. She'd be absolutely perfect.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 24 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next