Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Marvel Cinematic Universe

+64
naughty zoot
Gillian
katesti
Muggsy
darthtall
DarkSpork
Matinee
particle_person
Algae
nazlan
blixie
Coneycat
Swarley
Bad Username
Poubelle
nikita
Instant Monkeys
SarahJanet
Eris Rising
Rhilin
MtOlivePickles
Carrie Ann
sen3
jstilwe
Shalamar
PrincessCleo
Cynara
bookworm
Agent Sculder
dionneshea
Melk
epudom
punzy
pizzagirl20
swsa
Kiran
TiffanyNichelle
QueenSix
BrightEyes
Cutebutpsycho
Escape
Putli Bai
Unlucky Bear
sagitare
Wildog27
Binky
Snarryfan
biakbiak
mandalaya
ActonBell
vwlphb
bbridges
oxymoron
rivki8699
Red Wolf
ulkis
Fiammetta
Raksha
The Dude
RiverThames
Menshevixen
Skyblade
Miss Moneypenny
laddical
68 posters

Page 4 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 24  Next

Go down

The Marvel Cinematic Universe - Page 4 Empty Re: The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Post  biakbiak Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:55 am

He purposely gains a little weight every season for Parks because he thinks Andy should be schlubby; however, before this season he gained a lot more (50-60 lbs more) for a role in a Vince Vaughn movie. Basically, he was a high school wrestler so he doesn't have a problem gaining and dropping weight and enjoys doing it (because he is insane). He auditioned for Moneyball when he was playing Andy and they thought there was no way he could be in shape but he dropped the weight no problem same with Zero Dark Thirty.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:33 am

Aubrey Plaza as Nebula, then?

Anything for Nick Offerman?
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:46 pm

Its funny because pre Parks and Recreation I knew him best from Everwood and he was beautiful in that.

Hes someone who just doesn't care I think, and does whatever for the role. Like a slightly more healthy comedic Christian Bale.

Does Joss Whedon actually have any input in the non Avengers, Avengers related films? I'm actually wondering about that now.

I'm also weirdly excited for all the Everwood peeps getting jobs. I loved that show. Can we stick Gregory Smith into something now?
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:48 pm

He's one of the producers. At the very least, he's got to have approval over any aspect of the interim films that will affect the one he's actually directing - including casting.

I want Patch Abbott for something.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:56 pm

Kiran wrote:Its funny because pre Parks and Recreation I knew him best from Everwood and he was beautiful in that.

Hes someone who just doesn't care I think, and does whatever for the role. Like a slightly more healthy comedic Christian Bale.

I just looked up a picture of him from Everwood, and I have to admit, I find him more attractive in Parks and Rec (everyone knows I have a thing for schlubby dudes). But I haven't seen Zero Dark Thirty, so I have no idea what he looks like when in shape.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:08 pm

About how he looked in Everwood. He was fairly ripped in that.

Keep in mine those pictures were also from 10 years ago though, so he was quite a bit younger.

I think hes adorable either way, but he gained a LOT of weight for his Vince Vaughn movie, so even normal Parks and Rec Andy isn't fully comparable to how big hes gotten.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:34 pm

It definitely seems like Joss has an overarching authority over most of the 'verse. They phrased it as "contribute creatively to the next phase of Marvel's Cinematic Universe", which I would think involves scripting, story development, and casting over all the films. I could see him being more hands-off with things like Iron Man 3/Thor 2, since they're established, but I would think for the new properties, he's got a lot of input.

Chris Hemsworth has also said that Joss helped him get his foot in the door as Thor, so if he was giving feedback then, I'm sure he's even more active now.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:02 pm

Kiran wrote:About how he looked in Everwood. He was fairly ripped in that.

Keep in mine those pictures were also from 10 years ago though, so he was quite a bit younger.

I think hes adorable either way, but he gained a LOT of weight for his Vince Vaughn movie, so even normal Parks and Rec Andy isn't fully comparable to how big hes gotten.

I saw the underwear pics of him when he was doing Zero Dark Thirty and I have come to the conclusion that I am a shallow, shallow woman. And I think the pics I saw of Everwood had him rockin' the N'Sync Timberlake 'fro, so that wasn't cute to me.

Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:50 am

Thor: The Dark World

Needs more dutch angles!

And poor Loki's been typecast. Again with the glass prison and a line about desperation.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:04 pm

He looks chillingly like Sara Gilbert.

I'm very excited though. And continue to think Jane Foster is underrated. I think Natalie Portman did a really good job with her, but the interwebs seem to hate her for some reason.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:10 pm

I love Jane - at least in the movies. I don't think I've ever read a comic with her in it. She hasn't really been in the Thor books in forever.

I like Darcy, too, and I hope that her involvement in the movie isn't pretty much just what we saw in the trailer.

But now that you've described Loki in such a way, I will never be able to unsee it.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:14 pm

Loki does have some Darlene like issues too.

She was in the reissue of Thor they did for younger readers last year. The Mighty Thor? I didn't read it. I know Sif is his epic love in the comics, and as a reader and a movie watcher I really like Sif, but in the movies I find his dynamic with Jane more interesting.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:54 pm

I haven't read Thor (minus perusing Thor Frog which my nephew owns). And the corner of the Internet I see is hot in love with Jane and Darcy as characters (I like them too also).

I haven't seen the trailer yet either. I'm just hoping that Jane geeks the fuck out when she gets to Asgard, because if I were her I'd be taking pictures, writing shit down and asking questions.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  rivki8699 Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:08 pm

Kiran wrote:He looks chillingly like Sara Gilbert.

I'm very excited though. And continue to think Jane Foster is underrated. I think Natalie Portman did a really good job with her, but the interwebs seem to hate her for some reason.

OMG! Thank you! I kept thinking he looked like some teenage girl from the early 90s, but I couldn't figure out who! I was originally thinking Claire Danes during her My So Called Life era, but then I Google imaged her and yeah, no. But yes, Darlene!

Also, I adored Jane Foster. Natalie Portman's eyebrows were a riot - it's amazing how much comedy she can manage with them. :) She was my favorite part of the first Thor movie, followed closely by Darcy.
rivki8699
rivki8699

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:29 pm

A lot of corners of tumblr/ontd seem to loathe her and unfavorably compare her to Darcy and Sif, which is unfortunate because I liked all three.

Her giggling over his old worldness really made me laugh. I'd probably react the same way.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:40 pm

I totally dug the interplay between Jane and Darcy. The way Jane tried - and failed - to keep some professional composure regarding this man she kept hitting with her van and Darcy just dove in, "DAYUM, those abs!" And the fact that Darcy isn't even a physics major but Jane hired her anyway. Sure, she was apparently the only applicant, but still.

I think that maybe if I hadn't had a lot of Padme Amidalla issues to unpack with Natalie Portman, I probably would have thought Jane/Thor was the grounding relationship the Avengers should have gone with. I love Tony/Pepper and I'm glad Joss gave Coulson the "We got her safe and sound and away from Loki" line, but the more I think about it the more I think we missed something by not having at least a brief moment of reunion between Jane and Thor. Or at least a chance for Thor to express more concern for her welfare than a good friend or brother might be expected to share.

I get a kick out of the first image they released a few weeks back of Jane and Thor looking out over a balcony in Asgard. Jane's outfit is just so "Padme at the lake" that I think she might be thinking to herself, "If he so much as says the word 'sand' I'm outta here."
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:47 pm

I do like that from what I've heard they are going to address that he came back to Earth and didn't stop in to say hey and shes not happy about it. I wouldn't be either.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:01 pm

I can't tell if I'm remembering or fanwanking, but wasn't Natalie Portman pregnant during the Avengers shoot?

I also seem to remember reading something about her wanting out of Thor 2, but that could have been the haters talking.
Putli Bai
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:30 pm

Daredevil film rights revert to Marvel.

I don't think Daredevil is a movie-worthy character (he said as he remembers that he kinda dug Ben Affleck as Matt Murdock and shipped him with Jennifer Garner long before they actually became a thing). But I do think he'd make an excellent TV series with some cross-pollination with Agents of SHIELD.

I remember hearing something about NP wanting out of Thor 2, but I can't remember if she actually wanted out or was just annoyed that they'd dumped another director - and a woman that she'd apparently wanted to work with, at that.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  punzy Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:04 pm

I had no problems with Jane, but I didn't believe the epic love they were trying to sell between her and Thor.

punzy

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:16 pm

punzy wrote:I had no problems with Jane, but I didn't believe the epic love they were trying to sell between her and Thor.

That's because her epic love is Donald Blake and Thor's epic love is Sif and I'm going to go sit in the corner and be quiet now, heh.

I didn't hate Jane in the movie, I just enjoyed Darcy more. She cracked me up.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:28 pm

"Does he need CPR? 'cuz I totally know CPR."

Darcy definitely needs to be an integral part of the new movie.

Come to think of it, everyone was funny in Thor. Jane's faces, Darcy's zingers, Thor's complete lack of awareness of how things work on Midgard, and Coulson's.... inherent Son of Coulness.

ETA: OH!! And Heimdall. We need a ton more Heimdall this time around.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Wildog27 Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:34 pm

I'm going to attribute a lot of that funniness to Kenneth Branagh's direction, not because I'm a huge Branagh fanboy, except I totally am. I hope the new director keeps some of that funny around.

Wildog27

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:58 pm

laddical wrote:"Does he need CPR? 'cuz I totally know CPR."

Darcy definitely needs to be an integral part of the new movie.

Come to think of it, everyone was funny in Thor. Jane's faces, Darcy's zingers, Thor's complete lack of awareness of how things work on Midgard, and Coulson's.... inherent Son of Coulness.

ETA: OH!! And Heimdall. We need a ton more Heimdall this time around.

My alternate universe Thor 2 is called "Darcy & Heimdall: Roadtrip!" It'd be huge.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:43 pm

OH. MY. GLOB.

I need that fanfic.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down