Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Die Hard Series

5 posters

Go down

The Die Hard Series Empty The Die Hard Series

Post  laddical Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:29 pm

First teaser for A Good Day to Die Hard.

It doesn't really sell me; for starters, nothing about it says "This is a Die Hard movie." Nothing tells me that this is John "Wrong Place, Wrong Time" McClane and not just Bruce Willis in The Expendables 3.

But I enjoyed Live Free or Die Hard, so I'm still very open minded on this one. Even the idea that John has gone from being a regular joe to a superhero doesn't really bother me - that tends to be the natural arc of action heroes. Superman once jumped really high and outraced train engines. Now he flies at almost the speed of light and could lift the sun with his pinky.

And thanks to RiverThames for reminding me about this gem. "Yippie-kai-yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, mother fucker!"

laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

The Die Hard Series Empty Re: The Die Hard Series

Post  The Dude Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:38 pm

I hope the score is better than last time around.

And I don't have to wait until blu-ray to hear the other half of the line.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:16 pm

I miss Reginald Veljohnson. Can't they give him a cameo or something, damn.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:00 am

That wasn't a Die Hard movie. And Bruce Willis -whatever he was doing, it wasn't playing John McClane.

It sucked. In all the ways I hear people say Live Free sucked, this one topped them.

At least Renny Harlin can rest easy knowing that there's not even a question any more about whether or not he directed the worst film of the series. Hands down, this was it.

I think the movie could only have been vastly improved if it had just been a remake of the original. With Klingons.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  slmader Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:08 am

This disappoints me so much to hear. John McClane is my #1 all time favorite ever action hero.

slmader

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent Sculder Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:09 pm

slmader wrote:This disappoints me so much to hear. John McClane is my #1 all time favorite ever action hero.

Me too. I just pretend the only movies in the series are Die Hard and Die Hard with a Vengeance. If they really wanted to make a good Die Hard movie, they have to find another Gruber to go up against John McClane. As a side note, the two actors who played the Gruber brothers (Alan Rickman and Jeremy Irons) were found to have the "best male voices" by the BBC. Maybe that was the REAL secret to the success of those movies.

But seriously, I LOVE the first movie. It is my favorite action movie EVER. And I always make sure I watch it at Christmastime.

Agent Sculder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down