Arrow

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Arrow - Page 2 Empty Re: Arrow

Post  Bad Username on Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:06 am

I'm a big big Helena B fan, and I was pretty upset when she was killed off in the DC 'reboot'. I mean, it's one thing to bench a character so that they can be brought back later on, but dead is dead. Well, dead is not always dead in soap operas and comic books, but I doubt Helena B is coming back in print anytime soon. What I'm trying to say is that I'm excited to see that she'll be showing up in Arrow. Between Huntress, probably Black Canary, and Ollie's sister's nickname being Speedy*, the show is going to be showcasing some pretty awesome female capes. I would probably still rather see another attempt at a Birds of Prey show, but this will do.

*I know Speedy's not a girl, but I think there's a sidekick role for little sis in the future.

Bad Username

Back to top Go down

Post  jensa on Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:40 pm

jensa
jensa

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:26 pm

Aaaand I jut got excited about this show again!
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Username on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:20 am

Awwwwww yeah!

Bad Username

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:58 am

So who is this guy with the awesome black and white mask?
xyzzy
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames on Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:02 am

That would be Deathstroke the Terminator.
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy on Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:27 am

Subtle.
xyzzy
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:19 am

Hes badass though. In the comics his kids all become superheroes or villains and two out of the three tragically die because OF HIM.

Its so epic.

I continue to like this show. Its fun and a bit smarter then Smallville which I always had a soft spot for.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical on Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:01 pm

This show definitely is a lot smarter than Smallville. The last two episodes really impressed me with the level of world-building that went into the show in advance. My early concerns about Ollie's penchant for bloodshed and the niggling question of "Ollie comes back and two days later the vigilante starts terrorizing the city" dealt with in a fairly intelligent way. But judging from the way the last episode closed, it may not be as simple as Ollie flipping and switch and saying, "Not killing anymore". Though I liked that we saw some trick arrows in that last scene. Hopefully this is a step towards Ollie moving away from killing completely.

In a way, despite my distaste for killer heroes in general, I understand that this is kind of a compression of the early days of superhero stories. Stemming from the pulp heroes like The Shadow, who killed bad guys without remorse, Superman and Batman likewise were a little bloodthirsty when they started out - the "Big Blue Boy Scout" moral code being tacked on later as the characters went popular in the mainstream. So as long as they keep dealing with the issue and don't simply ignore it or handwave it, I'm willing to accept this as part of Ollie's learning curve.

The subplot about Walter finding the secret warehouse and the Queen's Gambit was unexpected but also an intriguing development - especially since Walter seems displeased with what he's discovered. That, unfortunately, emphasizes the fact that Colin Salmon is only ever listed as a guest star, but hopefully that's just because he's going to disappear on his business trip for a while, not because he's going to get killed. Hopefully, Captain Jack is wary enough of Moira to understand that Walter is as much off limits as Ollie - for now.

Loved the shout out to Dinah's Laurel's fishnets.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Username on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:25 am

laddical wrote:Loved the shout out to Dinah's Laurel's fishnets.

I know! I had a mouth full of food and I gestured emphatically at the TV and tried to yell "fishnets! fishnets!". I might have gotten a bit overexcited.

Bad Username

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:30 am

Oh crap. I think I want this version of Merlyn and Speedy to hook up.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical on Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:13 pm

That closing scene at Big Belly Burgers would have been so much more "awwww" inducing if Moira weren't, you know... evil. Or at least evil by association. I'm not sure what to make of her just yet. She obviously loves Ollie and wants to protect him... but at the same time, she doesn't seem to have had too much trouble with the whole "kill him as part of a larger assassination-by-accident scheme to off Robert".

As the series continues, I hope they begin to cut loose from the "reality based" concept and start moving into a more "straight from the comics" one. I liked this version of the Royal Flush Gang for the purposes of this story, but eventually I think I'd like to see villains that don't have their four-color roots so heavily muted.

I don't know that I want Merlyn and Speedy to hook up, but I like seeing them together. Actually, I'm finding that I just like Merlyn, period. But I'm still confused as to what role he plays in the larger scheme of things. I haven't forgotten that he was either faking unconsciousness or conveniently woke up just as Ollie was going nuts on the kidnappers in the pilot. The writers seem to, however, since Tommy doesn't even seem to have any scenes with Ollie anymore.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  aninnocent on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:00 pm

I haven't loved the last couple of episodes and the island flashbacks are super corny looking, but I appreciate that they give me at least one shirtless salmon ladder scene an ep.

aninnocent

Back to top Go down

Post  nazlan on Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:09 pm

Stephen Amell does nearly all his own stunts. I'm very appreciative of the fact they prove that on a weekly basis.
nazlan
nazlan

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames on Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:26 pm

Show continues to be solid and enjoyable.

But I'm not sure how I feel of the pure silliness that Vance's master plan to get the Hood boiled down to, "The Hood only carries twenty-four arrows. So I've hired twenty-five lackies. Let's see how handles that little snarl."
RiverThames
RiverThames

Back to top Go down

Post  nazlan on Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:37 pm

RiverThames wrote:Show continues to be solid and enjoyable.

But I'm not sure how I feel of the pure silliness that Vance's master plan to get the Hood boiled down to, "The Hood only carries twenty-four arrows. So I've hired twenty-five lackies. Let's see how handles that little snarl."

On the one hand, it's nice to have a villain actually pay attention to these things. On the other...yeah.
nazlan
nazlan

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves on Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:15 pm

TV by the Numbers reports Arrow is renewed for season 2! Yes, more please.

Also TVD and SPN renewed.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames on Fri May 17, 2013 12:56 am

Wow. That was one heck of a finale. Plus Ollie used his Climbing Workouts to escape!
RiverThames
RiverThames

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical on Fri May 17, 2013 1:33 am

Seriously, that was pretty amazing for a CW show.

And when Ollie flipped and started climbing the chain upside down, I... I may have squeed.

I feel so sorry for Laurel. And for Katie Cassidy. Having to constantly act like you're a character with your own life and your own agency when you're just the center of a storm of people who are keeping secrets from you and each other sucks, I would imagine.

Very bummed that Tommy died, but probably for the best. I don't think I could have stood more triangle shenanigans between the three of them.

I'm unclear as to whether Ollie lied to Tommy at the last second or if Malcolm really did survive. I guess if Ollie survived the arrow through the chest and Diggle survived a knife to the chest, it stands to reason that Malcolm did. But he seemed pretty glossy-eyed-dead to me when his face hit the gravel the roof.

The music was pretty awesome in this episode.

I think I screamed - actually screamed - "You idiot! You blew up Slade!!!!!" when the redirected missile hit. How convenient that the four dialogue worthy characters were the only four to survive the conflagration.

I kind of want to know, but not enough to actually google, whether they re-used the Ferris Air logo from Green Lantern for the plane in this episode.

I thought I remembered reading that the island was going to be pretty well wrapped up this season. But it seems to me we still have a ways to go from Ollie's William Tell moment to the rescue. What happened to Slade and Shado?

Final thought - loved Felicity getting all "Shut up and focus" with Detective Lance. "Stop whining, beyotch, and do something about it!"
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames on Fri May 17, 2013 1:46 am

In a way, it reminded me of a DS9 finale, in that it it wasn't a cliffhanger per se, but it made both gave something resembling closure while setting a stage for the next season.

And, honestly, at the beginning of the season, my best hope for this series was "might not suck". It actually pulled off being pretty damn enjoyable.
RiverThames
RiverThames

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha on Fri May 17, 2013 7:29 am

What a kick ass finale! I think it took longer for me to warm up to this show than it did for most people, but the past several weeks have been really good and the finale was especially brilliant.

I did not see Tommy's death coming at all. I thought for sure that Ollie would kill his dad in the process of stopping the destruction of The Glades and next season Tommy would turn to the dark side because of that and his resentment over Laurel. Glad I was doubly wrong! I liked Tommy and I'll miss him, but kudos for not going the obvious route. And I never thought they'd have the guts to actually let the good guys lose and destroy The Glades. Wow.

And I adore Felicity and Diggle beyond words. Seriously, those two and Ollie are the best.

Can't wait for next season!
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann on Fri May 17, 2013 11:13 am

A TV critic I follow on Twitter said that the Island storyline is plotted out for FIVE seasons. To which I say, "UGH." I hate the stupid island. I think next season I'm going to start actually ff-ing through those scenes instead of just drifting off mentally.

I watched the finale last night, and since I'd already read that something sad happened, I was prepared for a death. And when Diggle said he was going to back Ollie up, I was almost sure it was him because their scene seemed like a goodbye. So when it was Tommy, I was relieved, frankly. I never really got into that character - I don't know why. I'm just happy that Diggle and Felicity made it through OK. I would sacrifice anyone else on the show for them (other than Ollie of course).
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Fri May 17, 2013 11:18 am

Because of who Tommy turns out to be in the comics I continue to be wary that he is actually dead.

I loved that finale though, and I'm sure this will be unpopular but I actually enjoy Laurel and Ollie's interaction, particularly this episode.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann on Fri May 17, 2013 12:30 pm

I liked their scene together too, Kiran. But in general, she's sort of a non-presence to me.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle on Fri May 17, 2013 1:20 pm

I just don't understand how Katie Cassidy annoys me so much on this show. I loved her on Supernatural (my favorite Ruby), I enjoyed her on Melrose Place, liked her on Gossip Girl but here she's just flat. The writing does her no favors. Plus the whole Laurel/Oliver thing annoys me. I couldn't understand why she was with him pre-island and knowing that he took her sister on that boat. I'm still not sure why she wants him now. I'd still be pissed. Plus this stupid show has me shipping him with Felicity (And a Diggle/Felicity/Oliver thing and Diggle/Felicity) and I know it's just Chlark 2.0 and it's guaranteed to end just as badly for me since Ollie/Laurel is this show's Lois/Clark or Lana/Clark (depending on the season) but I can't help myself.

I couldn't stand Tommy's pouting over Laurel and Oliver but I seriously hated that he died. Aw Tommy. But I'm glad that Diggle made it out alive.

TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next