Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vanity Fair

4 posters

Go down

Vanity Fair Empty Vanity Fair

Post  swsa Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:51 pm

The Hollywood Issue is out, and so far, I'm not impressed. It feels all over the place.

And Bradley Cooper, Ben Affleck, and Emma Stone on the cover isn't very adventurous in any way at all.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Vanity Fair Empty Re: Vanity Fair

Post  winncienzo Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:42 pm

The editorial is...confusing. I've only skimmed it once, but, is it a circus theme? High school yearbook? There's no flow at all. The several pages long party scene is strange, and I have never heard of three quarters of the people in it. And Emma Stone is a gorgeous young woman and whatever they did to her on that cover is...not good.

That being said, I'm super psyched to read the Emmanual brothers story and the making of Pulp Fiction article.

winncienzo

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:42 pm

Those two and the bear with jazz hands made my night.

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:18 pm

Stupid article in the January (Amy Adams) issue about Nuvaring. I don't doubt that the FDA doesn't do all it can to ensure safety of medications nor do I doubt that pharmaceutical companies are all about the profits over patients lives. However, the article does a few intellectually dishonest things which drive me crazy. It mentions that Nuvaring use doubles the risk of venous thrombosis, which is never a good thing, but in the real world it's a largely meaningless statistic unless you know the actual numbers involved. If 2 out of 100,000 women experiences VTE without Nuvaring and 4 out of 100,000 experience it with its use that is very different from 2,000 women without and 4,000 with its use. The article also talks about deaths attributable to Nuvaring but again never mentions actual numbers. And probably most importantly of all, it doesn't give any information on the either the risks of or deaths attributable to pregnancy. You can't have an honest non-fear mongering discussion of the risks of a medication while ignoring the risks of the condition its preventing. More women die each year from pregnancy complications than from use of all forms of birth control. /soapbox.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum