Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

House of Cards (US)

+14
UmaOprah
Shalamar
naughty zoot
mokey75
Wildog27
laddical
Eris Rising
bbridges
big chicken
truecrystal
RiverThames
xyzzy
Matinee
vwlphb
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

House of Cards (US)  - Page 2 Empty Re: House of Cards (US)

Post  vwlphb Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:58 pm

I went back to rewatch the first season and found that they've put director's commentaries on every episode. I think this is the first time I've seen that available on Netflix.

vwlphb

Back to top Go down

Post  chick binewski Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:48 pm

Ooh, excellent Vwlphb. Even though I just watched seasons 1 & 2 I'll go back to season 1 to hear the commentary.

I had similar thoughts as UmaOprah about how season 3 will go down, and noticed the physical similarities of the women Shalamar pointed out. It reminded me of The West Wing casting; even the woman who played Linda has a delicate and somewhat quiet comportment.

Having only recently gotten into the show I'm just starting to read the thousands of articles and I'm surprised by anyone who sees Francis & Claire as anything other than natural born killers. And I was mortified by
Spoiler:

That being said, Garrett and the first lady are so easily manipulated by the Underwoods I wouldn't let them run a lunch counter. Also, Reg E.Cathey is fabulous.
chick binewski
chick binewski

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:00 pm

On the whole I was disappointed by Season 2. I felt it lacked the empathic center that Peter and Cristina*, and to a lesser extent Zoe, gave the first season. Maybe Rachel or Lucas--- possibly Jackie and Remy-- were trying to fill that role, but it never came together.

I think it also didn't work as well because in S1, you never quite knew what the target was, and Frank was playing Grand Plan Jazz. Here he was just a bullet with an obvious goal, and there was no mystery. Add in half his conversations with the President were essentially, "I don't trust you, Frank!" "Oh, but sir, you should." "Who am I kidding, you're my only friend!"

*- And why even bother with keeping Cristina around for season 2, to only have her flit around in the background a bit and then vanish with a blink-and-you-miss-it line from the First Lady?
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:44 pm

I just finished Season One and Two, and all I have say is
Spoiler:
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  jstilwe Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:24 am

I just watched both seasons over the course of a week, and I was enthralled, mostly by the portrayal of the Underwoods' marriage. I mean, yeah, they're kind of evil, but that might be the second best marriage I have ever seen on television (after Coach and Tami Taylor). Love, brutal honesty, sacrifice, the willingness to destroy the other's enemies: what more could you ask out of a relationship?

jstilwe

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:45 am

Right? I commented on TWOP that the Underwood's marriage is one of the best I've ever seen. They've also got a wonderful intimacy that, interestingly, has little to do with sex.
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  bottle Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:17 am

How far is everyone along in season 3? They show seems to have lost a lot of its buzz this season the response seems a lot more muted.

Comments for the whole season. Everyone is still horrible:

Shallow note I still covert Robin Wright's hair and wardrobe.

bottle

Back to top Go down

Post  vwlphb Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:29 pm

I just finished season three, and my one line summary is "too much doug, not enough meechum."

Seriously though, I was so happy when it looked like Doug was dead. He is so gross and creepy. I did not want to spend as much time as we did with him this season. I didn't care about his rehab, or his machinations, or his final "triumph"  of returning to the Underwood team (and of course committing cold blooded murder). I felt so sympathetic for Rachel, and also the FBI guy. Why couldn't Doug have just died?

I also didn't care for Claire's story arc. It felt forced and not earned. And there wasn't any real mirrored arc for Frank, other than a couple moments of self doubt.

And finally, where was Meechum? He was adorable and developed last year, and this year he was just in the background of shots and had maybe four lines. Why not more of his back story? Or just more threesomes? I would have loved for them to take all the time dedicated to Doug and dedicated it to Meechum instead.

(tell me if I need to add spoiler tags, but I'm assuming everyone is like me and won't venture in here until they're done with the season. Also, if you are Meechum fans you should check out JayEz's fic Five Times Edward Meechum Got Down On His Knees For Frank's Pleasure and One Time He Didn't.)

vwlphb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2