Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hannibal

+44
airisu
spidey_88
vwlphb
Agent Sculder
Bob Genghis Khan
mokey75
nikita
MichiSichi
gannetguts
salamandersam
sagitare
LadyGayle
dinahmoe
Shadowlass
puddingcup
ulkis
punkysdilemma
Fraoch
killershrew
chibimanda
formerlyrandom
sen3
Pop'n'Fresh
Matinee
Snarryfan
RiverThames
xyzzy
particle_person
swsa
year of the cat
Coneycat
laurelin_kit
Binky
laddical
QueenSix
Unlucky Bear
Instant Monkeys
blixie
ActonBell
Kiran
biakbiak
Morning Angel
PrincessCleo
Lily Rose
48 posters

Page 23 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Go down

Hannibal - Page 23 Empty Re: Hannibal

Post  laddical Sun May 11, 2014 2:59 pm

I hear "ortolan" and the first thing I think of is Max Rebo. He doesn't look very appetizing either.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Sun May 11, 2014 11:52 pm

ActonBell wrote:This might make me sound terrible, but I was much more bothered by the eating of the ortolans than I have been by any other dish on this show. Not because they are endangered, but because the idea of eating a bird whole -- bones, innards, beak and all -- just seems so disgusting and perverse.
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. I haven't flinched at any of the gross stuff on this show, like, at all pretty much. But that bird thing...I had a hard time watching it.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  chibimanda Mon May 12, 2014 12:49 am

Man, when Will started eating it, and I could hear the little bones crunching?  I seriously broke out into a cold sweat and got that taste in my mouth like I was actually going to puke.  All I know is, I would probably end up on Hannibal's rolodex-o-death if I had been a guest for that dinner, either from being sick at the table or just flat out refusing to even try anything on offer.  *shudder*
chibimanda
chibimanda

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person Mon May 12, 2014 1:21 am

NPR did an interview awhile back with a man who ate ortolan, prepared in the traditional manner. I'm just going to leave this here and go to hell. Don't click if you don't want to know. (I had to know.)
particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Mon May 12, 2014 4:15 pm

Yeah, the bird thing was tough to watch.
I've got to give Michael Pitt props - when you're playing a character not named Hannibal Lecter in a show called Hannibal and you are the creepiest mofo on screen, well, you're doing something right. (Or "right.")
When they identified the dental records as Freddie's, I asked my husband if he thought they molded dentures or something, or if the techs were in on it.  He was all, "I dont know anymore - I think she may actually be dead." I'm not proud of it, but I *may* have chanted Grace's "told ya so" song from Will & Grace. (I skipped the dance though) when Freddie showed up at the end. I'm almost never right about these sorts of things, heh.
I hope that Alanna has some good insurance, because she is going to need some serious therapy to come back from this.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Sat May 17, 2014 9:20 pm

In all my years of TV viewing, I do not think I have seen anything that made me feel physically ill the way that Mason Verger feeding bits of his face to Will Graham's dogs did. I mean, he deserved to have his face eaten but why would Hannibal do that to the dogs?! Okay, I know why - he's a monster and if he kills people and eats them, he probably doesn't give a shit about animals, but still!!

No seriously, I need to take some mint tea because I don't feel so good. *weeps*

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose Sat May 17, 2014 10:15 pm

Now you know why I needed mint tea this morning! It wasn't just the waffles...(it did help, btw).

But seriously, I have never seen anything so viscerally horrible on network television. And Standards and Practices let that whole scene go by unchallenged, but in the Angel-Maker episode, they were upset because of buttcracks (which the show filled in with blood. And S&P was fine with that!). I do not even understand.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go back to admiring Hannibal's canon, hand-drawn, naked Hannigram fan art. *hearteyes*

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  airisu Mon May 19, 2014 3:30 am

QueenSix wrote:In all my years of TV viewing, I do not think I have seen anything that made me feel physically ill the way that Mason Verger feeding bits of his face to Will Graham's dogs did. I mean, he deserved to have his face eaten but why would Hannibal do that to the dogs?! Okay, I know why - he's a monster and if he kills people and eats them, he probably doesn't give a shit about animals, but still!!

No seriously, I need to take some mint tea because I don't feel so good. *weeps*

Well, Hannibal's probably fed human meat to the dogs before. But yeah, I was all tensed when I saw Winston on the porch, and pretty disgusted seeing Verger feeding them slices of his face. There have been some pretty gruesome stuff on the show, but they better not cross the line of doing anything terrible to Will's doggies! Especially Winston. (T_T)

airisu

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Mon May 19, 2014 9:58 am

Well, Hannibal's probably fed human meat to the dogs before wrote:

I know! That time he came to Will's house in season 1 and lurked around the place, he definitely gave them some food and it was probably people. He really IS a monster! (As though everything else he's done didn't tip me off. Heh).

This Friday is the finale, isn't it? I hope it's available for those of us who are international early in the morning, otherwise I'll have to stay off the internet all of Saturday. I have watched an episode on NBC.com before but half way through it suddenly reset and went back to the start and wouldn't play. And it was right at a really exciting/terrifying part too.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Mon May 19, 2014 10:12 am

airisu wrote:Well, Hannibal's probably fed human meat to the dogs before. But yeah, I was all tensed when I saw Winston on the porch, and pretty disgusted seeing Verger feeding them slices of his face. There have been some pretty gruesome stuff on the show, but they better not cross the line of doing anything terrible to Will's doggies! Especially Winston. (T_T)

I like to imagine that Winston was all, "YOU GUYZ! Will is going to be SO PISSED at you for this! No way am I going to be a party to this!" And that's why he was waiting on the porch, heh.  And yes, that might be the most disgusting thing I've ever seen, ever. Ugh, show. Ugh.  We were going to watch the first couple of episodes of Rosemary's Baby afterwards, and I insisted on something decidedly less dark.

And yes, QueenSix, Friday is the finale. I hope it shows up for you!
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Mon May 19, 2014 1:20 pm

Lily Rose wrote:But seriously, I have never seen anything so viscerally horrible on network television.

In the Bay Area they pre-empted the whole show for a Giants game and aired it the next night, which means they ended up actually airing that scene at 7:45 PM on a Saturday. God help the channelsurfing children.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Mon May 19, 2014 1:28 pm

punkysdilemma wrote:
Lily Rose wrote:But seriously, I have never seen anything so viscerally horrible on network television.

In the Bay Area they pre-empted the whole show for a Giants game and aired it the next night, which means they ended up actually airing that scene at 7:45 PM on a Saturday.  God help the channelsurfing children.  

I'm sure someone at standards and practices is banging their head off a desk somewhere thinking "why do we even bother?!"

Also, thanks mokey! I'll be reading twitter with blinkers on until I get to see it.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Sat May 24, 2014 12:17 am

HOLY FUCK YOU GUUUUUYYYYYYZZZZ
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose Sat May 24, 2014 1:11 am

Yep. That's all I have. Yep, holy fuck. I mean.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy Sat May 24, 2014 1:17 am

I really wish I could be saying *anything* about Hannibal right now, but when I flipped over for the show we were on inning freaking FIVE in a baseball game. I hate baseball, basketball, and football because they all screw with my tv.
xyzzy
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent Sculder Sat May 24, 2014 1:42 am

Lily Rose wrote:Yep. That's all I have. Yep, holy fuck. I mean.

Yeah, that was pretty much my reaction as well. Thank goodness the show got renewed because otherwise that would have been the most depressing series finale EVER.

Bryan Fuller's discussion with the AV Club provides a LOT of insight into the episode and the entire season in general. Mostly I was floored by how much of the ending was in flux based on Gillian Anderson's availability. At least he had a backup plan though. Oh, and he name drops "murder husbands" which, if you're counting, is the second shout out to Cleolinda in a ROW.

Agent Sculder

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose Sat May 24, 2014 8:17 am

Hugh Dancy has some really interesting things to say as well. Spoilery as hell, and some hints about next season, so fair warning.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Sat May 24, 2014 12:36 pm

I think I was so shocked about the Bedelia thing BECAUSE I am such a huge Gillian Anderson stalker, and I had no idea. All I'd heard was "we so wanted to squeeze her in to wrap up her storyline, and we were so happy we got her for a few hours between wrapping Crisis and flying back to Belfast to start The Fall." (Little did I know HOW HAPPY they probably were since they didn't have to completely change the direction of the entire series apparently.) Like from what he said she literally pretty much had a layover in Toronto where she shot those scenes. So it did not remotely occur to me that she could have done something beyond her surprise reappearance whenever that was (a couple episodes ago? I can't remember anything beyond the finale right now).

Right when everyone was dying on the floor at Hannibal's cool dinner party I started thinking "...There is literally no one left to come rescue them, like, no more cast members, how in the hell is this going to be resolved" and then I thought "BEDELIA! OMG BEDELIA IS GOING TO RIDE IN HERE AND SAVE EVERYONE FUCK YES THAT'S WHY THEY REINTRODUCED HER" and so, I think somehow that thought (which I didn't really expect to come true but was enjoying talking myself into believing) and my mental categorizing of her character as "interesting side story but no more than that due to GA's schedule" combined to just totally knock me for loop when I saw her on the plane at the end. I just wasn't expecting her to figure in importantly at all. And now that Crisis has been cancelled, maybe she'll actually have time to do some more next year. Hell, if they're going to be flitting around Europe and they actually shoot there, even more easily.

That was just the end shock. I DID NOT EXPECT TO SEE ABIGAIL, I DID NOT EXPECT IT AT ALL, and I SHOULD have expected it because of how she's been showing up in Will's brain recently; how could I not realize that was to set up people remembering who she was? It's like when you suddenly see a plot thread in the previouslies that hasn't come up for a while, and it's like "oh I guess that's continuing this episode." I'm dumb. MEANWHILE, ALSO, JUST, EVERYONE GOT MURDERED ALL AT ONCE. I would be surprised if Will is dead, BUT WHO THE HELL KNOWS WITH THIS SHOW. Jack too. I sort of expect Alana to die? But maybe not. And that might also be because I have just never really connected with Alana for some reason. But also because I figure Will has to make it, I feel like Jack will make it, and then if only Abigail dies it seems like "well obviously, the one we thought was dead all along died and the regulars all stayed alive" and I feel like they won't do that. SO I DON'T KNOW. Can you imagine if the show comes back next year and the only cast members are Mads and Gillian Anderson? THAT WOULD ACTUALLY BE HILARIOUS. Just killing off the entire cast. Maybe Kade Prurnell gets upgraded to regular. HEE. And Margot. And Aaron Abrams, whose character name I forget because I mostly know him from his funny tweeting.

Will's FACE when Hannibal sliced Abigail. Also, I think Hannibal really wanted to fly away into the sunset with Will and Abigail, which is...touching? Delightful? Fan-pandering? Super gay? All of the above? I love it. Was he going to get gay married to Will and just quietly retire to a farm in Slovenia where they could raise Abigail together and have 270 dogs? On the weekends they get a babysitter (Abigail is too polite to remind them that she is like, 24) and go out and murder people together just to keep the spark alive? I LOVE THIS SHOW I LOVE IT. It is so out there while at the same time being so beautifully meticulously put together.

Please PLEASE let us have some fancypants murderous Euro-romping to start next season. The finest champagnes will be had. It will basically be an episode of The Continental but with more cannibalistic bloodbaths.

BEDELIA WHAT THE FUCK. Doesn't Will say "thank you for saying what you said" and she replied "I should have told you more" or something? Patsy? Supervillain? Brainwashed? When does this show come back, 2017 or something? AAAAUUGGHHHH.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarryfan Sat May 24, 2014 1:57 pm

I really really really hope they get David Bowie out of semi-retirement to play Hannibal's uncle.

Also, I literally shouted "WHAT THE FUCK" when Abigail appeared. And Bedelia! Is she also a protege? A lover? A really calm hostage? However, I love that she has immunity so it would be amazing if she is this dark figure and the FBI just gave her a get out of jail free card.

I love the discussion of Hannibal's mind palace, especially cuz Mad's brother played Magnusson on Sherlock...and his big thing was having a mind palace.

Does anyone else think Mason Verger may pop up again next season, what with Fuller talking about playing with the Hannibal storyline?

This show! It kills me dead!

Snarryfan

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Sat May 24, 2014 2:12 pm

Instant Monkeys wrote:Please PLEASE let us have some fancypants murderous Euro-romping to start next season. The finest champagnes will be had. It will basically be an episode of The Continental but with more cannibalistic bloodbaths.
You make me happy inside. Earlier I was kind of musing how Hannibal being caught or on the run would mean a sad decrease in the number of grotesque and awesome cooking displays, but I guess as long as he's not in jail, he could find himself a gourmet kitchen somewhere, yes?

That was some batshit batshittery right there. I basically had to start laughing when every single character ended up mostly dead on the floor in the rain (of course the rain). I'm actually kind of glad they are going balls-out on this because that's how Breaking Bad took off -- between seasons people started Netflixing the thing and going OMGWTF.

The Comic-Con panel is going to be insane this year.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Sat May 24, 2014 2:46 pm

If I said "OH FUCK!" once during this episode, I must have said it fifty times. Because OH FUCK! As soon as Hannibal sniffed Will (as you do) and got Freddie's scent, I thought "Will Graham, you are a smart man and it didn't occur to you to shower after meeting her?! When she's supposed to be dead and you're having dinners with a man whose olfactory senses are practically super-human??"

I thought it was very well done and Mads Mikkelsen and Hugh Dancy really sold their scenes. I mean, Mads Mikkelsen alone with this facial expressions had me scared for most of the episode. I really hope he gets an Emmy nod. He really manages to do so much with the character without being showy.

I have thoughts but most of them now are WTF WTF WTF OMG BEDELIA OMG ALANNA OUT THE WINDOW OMG ABIGAIL OMG SO MUCH BLOOD ON THE KITCHEN FLOOR THAT'LL TAKE SOME CLEANING WTF WTF WTF.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Sat May 24, 2014 3:35 pm

punkysdilemma wrote:That was some batshit batshittery right there. I basically had to start laughing when every single character ended up mostly dead on the floor in the rain (of course the rain).

Hee, THE RAIN, I know. I did ACTUALLY start laughing when after their long tense standoff when Hannibal tells her Alana should just walk away, blind herself, all that, she shoots him and the gun just clicks and he goes "I took your bullets" all casual-like. HAHAHAHA. What a douche. Also HOW DID HE TAKE HER BULLETS, WHAT IS HE, DAVID BLAINE?

Snarryfan wrote:And Bedelia! Is she also a protege? A lover? A really calm hostage? However, I love that she has immunity so it would be amazing if she is this dark figure and the FBI just gave her a get out of jail free card.

OMG, I FORGOT she got immunity. DAMN! Was this all a ploy to get immunity? She totally can do whatever she wants now. Shit.

QueenSix wrote:I thought it was very well done and Mads Mikkelsen and Hugh Dancy really sold their scenes. I mean, Mads Mikkelsen alone with this facial expressions had me scared for most of the episode. I really hope he gets an Emmy nod. He really manages to do so much with the character without being showy.

I hope so too. I think they're both fantastic but I just think MM is AMAZING. His MINUTE facial expressions that say SO MUCH. Like when Mason was being such a dick the other week and Hannibal's just sitting there BOILING WITH RAGE, which you can totally see, but also his face barely changes.

But then when he has to really rock out with these intense murdering scenes he's also fantastic (AND HOT), AND, when he was basically telling Will how mad he was that Will didn't go along with his gay adoption Slovenia retirement plan, saying "I let you KNOW me" and all that stuff, he seemed so hurt and furious and actually sincere/vulnerable for like the first time ever, and he just rarely shows emotion at all and it was just piercing. Ugh, he's so good.

Last edited by Instant Monkeys on Sat May 24, 2014 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Sat May 24, 2014 4:44 pm

That finale was total cuckoo bananas crazypants, but really, all I got out of it is that the first responders in that town are the woooooorst! I mean, Alana called to report gun shots before she even walked in the damn door, and Will called again, yet Hannibal still had time to possibly kill four people, give a 5 minute monolgue, and walk away!
I literally gasped when Bedelia showed up, though. I did not see that coming at all.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyGayle Sat May 24, 2014 4:48 pm

I can't...I mean, what? This show broke me.

LadyGayle

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Sat May 24, 2014 6:22 pm

Instant Monkeys wrote:
Snarryfan wrote:I thought it was very well done and Mads Mikkelsen and Hugh Dancy really sold their scenes. I mean, Mads Mikkelsen alone with this facial expressions had me scared for most of the episode. I really hope he gets an Emmy nod. He really manages to do so much with the character without being showy.

That was meeee!! Why am I being marginalised in this fashion? *weeps dramatically* Next thing you'll be locking me in the basement!! And to think I was going to invite you to dinner...

Seriously though, I had to link to this set of gifs from Tumblr because the third one is something else. I had to rewind it even when I was watching it because look at that leap against the door. LOOK AT IT!! And he's holding a knife and all. My grandmother would barely let me walk with scissors, much less throw myself against a door in such maniacal fashion with a kitchen knife.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum