Marvel Cinematic Universe

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Page 8 Empty Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Post  RiverThames on Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:54 pm

I did kind of like how Skye played it-- like she wanted to be suave and string him along, but at the same time she was SO DAMN ANGRY that she couldn't keep it in for very long. Thus she kept throwing down leading, "Since you're a traitor..." questions at him.
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann on Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:57 pm

That scene in the restaurant where she started needling him about Garrett was the most I've ever liked Skye, for sure.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho on Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:03 pm

Hell, that and the Hitler Youth line she had on the Bus was also gold for me as Ward tried to rationalize away what he did.

I just get the feeling that the guy playing Ward (his name escapes me at the moment) is really enjoying this because it's meatier than what was going on in the past.

I also hope that Agent Triplett joins the cast, because I like his dynamic with Simmons.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  Corvus on Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:36 pm

Oh, so close. If only they'd (the writers) had the courage of their convictions and let Skye watch Ward die, stone-faced and resolute. Perhaps they were faking it, or call their bluff, or not care either way, but I was disappointed in that caving in. Agreed, Ms Bennett is doing better. The Vulture review called it "a character that's finally as interesting as Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. always told us she was." I'm not quite that far along, and even Dalton is improved, but since the relationship between the two characters never gelled (for me) the interplay at that crucial moment didn't either. May would have been trying to kick him on the floor. A nice spit as he flops around?

I was also glad to see Coulson admit he may owe May an apology (not that he'd actually apologize let's be real) though I did want to hear him ask Hill if they could all join Stark Enterprises too, plz? Corporate Amex and personal bank accounts are frozen, who's paying motel bills?
Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann on Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:40 pm

Cutebutpsycho wrote:I also hope that Agent Triplett joins the cast, because I like his dynamic with Simmons.
I also like his face, and his everything. He is number one on my list of things that have improved since the end of SHIELD. The other thing is that Simmons seems much more adult now, more self-possessed and confident, and she's probably my favorite character. I sort of liked Fitz's babyish jealous streak because it showed how much growth he has to do to be ready for someone like her. I hope we're done with the "May apologizes and bows and scrapes before Coulson" nonsense because, wow, was that frustrating. Even if I was relatively bored by him before, I never thought I would dislike him so intensely as I did when he was screaming at her for doing her job, and then putting on his snottiest face at every moment afterward. At least he admitted he was "mean" this past episode, but he has a little farther to go before I like him again.

I complain about this show a lot, and I feel bad about it, because under normal circumstances, I would have just stopped watching. But, 1) Whedon. I should let that go. But also, 2) my husband won't give up on this thing and we have limited TV time now, post-baby, and only one TV, so on Tuesdays, it's on. So I'm still trying to like it, and feeling frustrated that I don't. If I'd given up hope, I probably wouldn't still be complaining because I'd just wear headphones and hide in the bedroom.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai on Tue May 06, 2014 6:33 pm

Someone in another forum twigged on the fact that May said she'd been married once, and wondered if Coulson was her ex-husband. I can't decide if I want that to be true or not, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me. Might also explain some of his butthurt.

Putli Bai
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical on Tue May 06, 2014 7:17 pm

I definitely want it to be true. Badly.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  dday515 on Wed May 07, 2014 10:38 am

Last week - we had the past 3 episodes stockpiled on our DVR, and watched over the weekend.

Last night - we watched the episode 20 minutes after it began airing.

That's the best endorsement I can give to this show. Its actually interesting now. (And this coming from both a Whedon fanboy and a Marvel fanboy. This show was basically made for me!)

I'm hoping that its given a season 2, because I definitely feel like its found its footing here as of late .

dday515

Back to top Go down

Post  Wildog27 on Wed May 07, 2014 10:45 am

So, I thought it was another solid episode last night. I really liked the backstory and it made Ward somewhat sympathetic without going over into maudlin territory. Having him actually kill the dog was a good way to do that, but I was still actually conflicted about whether he would kill Fitz and Simmons and while dropping them in the ocean isn't the most direct way to do that (maybe intentionally?), it definitely made me believe that that he's not on the side of angels.

How much do I love Agent Tripp and his bag of his granddad's tricks from the Howling Commandos. A LOT. Please sign him as a regular for next season. Not only does he bring some more diversity to the cast, he's funny and engaging.

I'm also interested to see what they pull from the MCU for the finale next week. While they seemed to reveal one, it wouldn't surprise me if at least one more showed up. Part of me kept expecting Tony Stark to rescue Fitz and Simmons from their box.

Wildog27

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell on Wed May 07, 2014 10:54 am

How much do I love Agent Tripp and his bag of his granddad's tricks from the Howling Commandos. A LOT. Please sign him as a regular for next season. Not only does he bring some more diversity to the cast, he's funny and engaging.

He's also very hot. I know, I'm shallow.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Swarley on Wed May 07, 2014 12:36 pm

I thought he didn't kill the dog? I mean, he fired a shot in the air to send the dog running and then we saw someone looking at the dog through a rifle scope but I didn't think that was Ward? Maybe I just didn't want it to be Ward. I recoiled during those scenes.

Swarley

Back to top Go down

Post  Corvus on Wed May 07, 2014 12:56 pm

That's more like it. Pity it took them till now to hit stride. Sorry, though, Ward's story does not move me to tears. Having him not kill the dog (and Simmons and Fitz for that matter) does not elicit sympathy; his family tragedy didn't seem to have the gravity to bond him to Evil. Am vastly more interested in Raina (or at least Ruth Negga), who suggests more complexity of character (and performance). I don't expect her to turn Good Guy, but I do get the impression from her that Hydra shouldn't be complacent about her loyalties.

Meanwhile, Coulson and May channeling Fitz and Simmons was high larious. "Prepare for a big file dump!" "Watch out, Hydra, here we come." It was a goof, but didn't cross the line into silly, for me. Clarkson and Ming-Na were having way too much fun, it was infectious. I know, I know, they were working so hard to present May as a stone-hearted Vulcan or something, but what a waste.

This doesn't make up for a season of drag-ass get-on-with-it pacing or peculiar plotting (really, Ms Computer Wiz who just rebuild all our identities poolside on a laptop, you need a dongle?) but I'm at least willing to stick around if the show gets a (almost earned) renewal.
Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames on Wed May 07, 2014 2:03 pm

Swarley wrote:I thought he didn't kill the dog?  I mean, he fired a shot in the air to send the dog running and then we saw someone looking at the dog through a rifle scope but I didn't think that was Ward?  Maybe I just didn't want it to be Ward.  I recoiled during those scenes.  

Earlier Ward commented that the dog would run for game when it hears a shot, so I think the double-faked us: he shot in the air so the dog would run (See? He's good!) to show that he just sent the dog running so he could get it with the rifle. You know, for the challenge.
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny on Wed May 07, 2014 2:49 pm

RiverThames wrote:
Swarley wrote:I thought he didn't kill the dog?  I mean, he fired a shot in the air to send the dog running and then we saw someone looking at the dog through a rifle scope but I didn't think that was Ward?  Maybe I just didn't want it to be Ward.  I recoiled during those scenes.  

Earlier Ward commented that the dog would run for game when it hears a shot, so I think the double-faked us: he shot in the air so the dog would run (See?  He's good!) to show that he just sent the dog running so he could get it with the rifle.  You know, for the challenge.

Oh, I just thought he was too much of a coward to look the dog in the eye and shoot it, just like he was too chickenshit to look at Fitz/Simmons before ejecting them.

I just think he's the worst. I'd watch an entire episode of Natasha Romanov stomping on his face, honestly.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical on Wed May 07, 2014 3:28 pm

I had assumed it was Garrett using the sniper rifle, but the "Ward is a coward" (oh my god, his name almost makes sense!) angle works better for me. It'd be nice if Ward's comeuppance came with a reference to Coulson's dying barb to Loki about lacking conviction.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising on Thu May 08, 2014 11:54 pm

Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha on Fri May 09, 2014 1:28 am

Whoo! I'm super excited for season 2. I've enjoyed this show from the beginning, but recently it's been especially fantastic. I can't wait to see what's next.

Also, I adore Hayley Atwell, so I'm super excited about having her on my tv every week.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle on Fri May 09, 2014 1:24 pm

Me too, I've liked the show from the start but all the episodes after Captain America 2 have been great. I wonder where they are going to next season though.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadowlass on Fri May 09, 2014 2:34 pm

Very, very glad the show's been renewed. I hope it continues its upward progress!

Shadowlass

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai on Fri May 09, 2014 6:30 pm

I can't find the quote now, but when asked about what she wanted to have happen in season two, Ming Na Wen said, "I want it to be all about May's secret love affair with Thor."
Putli Bai
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical on Fri May 09, 2014 6:35 pm

Gotta appreciate a woman who knows what she wants.

As long as she's moved on from Ward.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian on Fri May 09, 2014 10:17 pm

I gave up on this show after maybe five or six episodes, but I am stoked about this Agent Carter thing. If this show stays on an upswing, I'll probably give it another shot next season.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  inversed on Tue May 13, 2014 10:10 pm

Well that was awesome.

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  SelfAmused on Tue May 13, 2014 11:31 pm

It really was. The last few episodes (especially the finale) make up for the sluggish beginning. I'll be here for AoS in September.

SelfAmused

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle on Tue May 13, 2014 11:42 pm

I really loved that finale. There were so many good moments. May beating the crap out of Ward. The final gasp of Garrett, who got hilarious the crazier he got. Fury and Coulson snarking on Garrett. Fitz and Simmons broke my heart. Awww, Fitz. He's like a Xander I actually care about. Hell I even cheered when Patton Oswalt showed up again. So anyone have any idea about what that writing was that Garrett and Coulson did?
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum