Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marvel Cinematic Universe

+60
MichiSichi
naughty zoot
dreago
shamoogity
The Dude
Gallifrey Girl
vwlphb
Melk
Fiammetta
QueenSix
spidey_88
BrightEyes
Ji Xiang
particle_person
Gillian
Swarley
dday515
MaddyCat
Snarryfan
SelfAmused
bookworm
inversed
Wildog27
shanndee
jennlynnster
Caramel Coffee
Agent Sculder
Muggsy
punzy
bbridges
Shadowlass
xyzzy
rivki8699
sagitare
blixie
Unlucky Bear
Carrie Ann
dionneshea
big chicken
mrinsouciance
Shalamar
Algae
TiffanyNichelle
Matinee
Corvus
LadyGayle
Eris Rising
biakbiak
Heather
ActonBell
SarahJanet
Miss Moneypenny
Kiran
Putli Bai
RiverThames
Rhilin
Cynara
Cutebutpsycho
Raksha
laddical
64 posters

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Page 14 Empty Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Post  RiverThames Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:32 pm

OK, here's part of why I found the Second Season of Daredevil kind of a hot mess, even though it had plenty of good bits.  The stakes are too off-the-scale from the get-go, screwed by the pacing.

Here's what I mean.  In the first scene where Foggy and Matt are going to work and chatting, let's call that, for all intents, "Monday Morning".  We don't know what day of the week it is, but let's say it's Monday.  They go into the office, and things are bustling. Plenty of work to do, plenty of people want Nelson & Murdock help, even if they're paying in fruit and casseroles.  

Tons of shit goes down over the next four episodes, but the timing is made pretty damn clear of it all, so when the dust settles and Matt goes into the office after
Spoiler:
, it's THURSDAY MORNING.  

72 hours.

Fine, that's fine.

But in those 72 hours, apparently the DA has made N&M so hated, so toxic, that they have no business anymore.  None.  All the poor, desperate people who were filling their halls and paying with pies, apparently, stopped showing up because the DA is mad at Foggy.  Because those people care so much about the politics of the District Attorney's office, and stopped having their desperate legal problems that only N&M would take on.
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Wed May 18, 2016 3:44 am

What on Earth was the opening scene with Coulson and Daisy on an "Earth" that looked like Hive's planet?

It seemed like a flash forward to me, but they never wrapped things back around to it. Did I miss some key indicator that it was a dream? I know the next scene was Daisy lying in bed in the quarantine room, but I didn't get a sense that it was meant to be interpreted as a dream. It feels like someone screwed up in editing - like they shot the scene before they had massive rewrites for Part 2 that removed the scene's context. I don't know. It was just weird.

Not happy with Emo Daisy. Jury's out on how I feel about Coulson no longer being the Director until we find out who *is* - I'm thinking May, but lordy she would hate that job.

As for the Life Model Decoy thing at the end... AIDA is from the Squadron Supreme universe of Marvel Comics, a sort of Marvel take on the DCU and the Justice League. Wonder if they're going to do alternate universe hopping in Season Four. Probably not. Though it might go a way towards explaining why the movies, AOS, and the Netflix shows seem to increasingly disregard the existence of each other.

Just... a little crossover is all I ask.

ETA: Not sure about the "six months later" card. It's only four months, four and a half, to the new season. And we know that this show is set in the "present" since it takes place after the Sokovia Accords. So six months would be November. Was it just a sloppy reach for the nearest "round" number for a time jump? Or when the show comes back in late September will we have two months of show leading back up to the botched sting we just saw and Radcliffe's LMD reveal?
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Wed May 18, 2016 9:59 pm

laddical wrote:What on Earth was the opening scene with Coulson and Daisy on an "Earth" that looked like Hive's planet?

It seemed like a flash forward to me, but they never wrapped things back around to it. Did I miss some key indicator that it was a dream? I know the next scene was Daisy lying in bed in the quarantine room, but I didn't get a sense that it was meant to be interpreted as a dream. It feels like someone screwed up in editing - like they shot the scene before they had massive rewrites for Part 2 that removed the scene's context. I don't know. It was just weird.
Not being snarky, but did you miss Daisy waking up in bed? That was a pretty concrete indicator to me that she was dreaming. Coulson saying, "You are on Earth" as she snaps awake with a gasp. Classic awaking-from-a-dream acting. (Because how often does that happen in real life?)

So, is Ward/Hive finally dead? Not that Brett Dalton isn't great to look at, but it does seem like Grant used up all his lives and then some. That being said, I did enjoy the peaceful nature of his final scene with Lincoln, just floating out there. If he is gone, it was a nice way to be sent out.

And I'm just relieved, because I was so sure they were going to kill off either Fitz and/or Simmons or Mack and I didn't want to lose any of them. I can lose Lincoln. I enjoyed him, but he never felt like part of Team Shield to me.

Also, yay to John Hannah being added to the cast. He'll provide some lighter moments, I'm sure. I've adored him ever since Four Weddings and a Funeral. (Which came out 22 years ago. Good God I'm old.)
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Wed May 18, 2016 10:08 pm

dionneshea wrote:
laddical wrote:What on Earth was the opening scene with Coulson and Daisy on an "Earth" that looked like Hive's planet?

Not being snarky, but did you miss Daisy waking up in bed? That was a pretty concrete indicator to me that she was dreaming. Coulson saying, "You are on Earth" as she snaps awake with a gasp. Classic awaking-from-a-dream acting. (Because how often does that happen in real life?)

But the set-up was weirdly specific and not at all dream-like. And then later bits seemed to be aiming in the direction of that being some sort of flashforward. Like making sure that Daisy and Coulson were not just on the Zephyr, but with the module as well. And then when Daisy was in the module with Lincoln, there was a panel open with the same bundle of wires Daisy was working on in the dream.

I mean, I get that it was supposed to be a dream, but it didn't really work as one (especially since Daisy was never on the other planet). So I'm with Laddical that it was perhaps meant as a flashforward to an ending that was scrapped, but they kept the scene anyway.
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Thu May 19, 2016 12:58 am

I thought it was a dream in the vein of Buffy's occasional prophetic dreams on BtVS. I don't follow the stories closely enough on AoS to know whether that jibes at all with Skye's abilities, but if they just gave her a new one, that wouldn't surprise me at all. OTOH, I also wouldn't be surprised if they never address it again.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Username Mon May 23, 2016 6:11 am

I just finished season 2 of Agents of SHIELD, and now I'm shaking my fists in the air screaming "WHEDOOOOOOOOONN!!!"

Bad Username

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:23 pm

Has anyone started watching Legion? I love the aesthetic, and the acting is on point. I can't wait to see how the series unfolds. I have to give a hand to Dan Stevens. His transformation into David is amazing considering the other roles I've seen him in.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:32 am

We're watching it too! It's really refreshing to watch a show with such a strong visual style that isn't *only* style, if that makes sense. I really enjoy it even if I don't always follow what's going on, and I really like the chemistry between Dan Stevens and Rachel Keller. Plus it's creepy as hell.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:03 pm

I agree with everything! It is very creepy and confusing, which I guess would make sense for a show which spends a lot of time involved with mental illness. Jean Smart's husbands screams "Hi I'm Professor X," but other than that it is nice that it is a show about mutants that isn't blatantly X-Men heavy.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:53 am

Over the course of seeing Dunkirk more than once in IMAX, I've also seen the trailer for the upcoming new Marvel show Inhumans more than once. It looks like it will have some sort of IMAX release and then be on TV? Do I have that right?

And does anyone else think it looks really silly, or know if the source material is any good?

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:50 pm

I don't know much about the Inhumans series, other than what they've mentioned on Agents of Shield but I have to say that the promo materials so far have not sold me on it or made me curious to watch. It looks...cheaply made? The costumes on the actors do look a bit ridiculous.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:58 pm

It's the woman with the red hair that got me. The couple of lines she had in the promo were really wooden, and her hair... dear god, her murderous hair! :D

I liked the song they played over the IMAX promo but the whole thing felt like a mishmash of stuff we've already seen before. I suspect my only viewing of this one will be the IMAX promo if I go see Dunkirk again. Which, you know, is certainly possible.

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:56 am

Over the course of seeing Dunkirk more than once in IMAX, I've also seen the trailer for the upcoming new Marvel show Inhumans more than once. It looks like it will have some sort of IMAX release and then be on TV? Do I have that right?
Yeah. For some reason they're showing the first episode (or maybe eps 1 and 2) in theaters.

It's the woman with the red hair that got me. The couple of lines she had in the promo were really wooden, and her hair... dear god, her murderous hair! :D
She's one of those actors I always recognize, and not for good reasons. She was Zatana on Smallville and was in Breakout Kings which was such a good show that was cancelled on a cliffhanger, dammit! And also for anyone who watches iZombie, the guy who plays Clive was on Breakout Kings too.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14