Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Misheard Music Lyrics

+31
Snarryfan
Kiran
Carrie Ann
UmaOprah
killershrew
Eris Rising
chibimanda
Arabella
Unlucky Bear
Swarley
year of the cat
Dachelle
Tabby
TiffanyNichelle
naughty zoot
VodouDoll
Esme
gannetguts
Sincerity
punzy
Grainne Mhaol
mayram
Shalamar
whatthedeuce
laddical
big chicken
Miss Moneypenny
Instant Monkeys
oxymoron
Poubelle
The Glen
35 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Misheard Music Lyrics - Page 3 Empty Re: Misheard Music Lyrics

Post  whatthedeuce Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:05 am

I want to hear music the way you do, big chicken. Everything sounds so charmingly morbid!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:25 pm

I used to think "My bonny lies over the ocean" was about someone who really missed their pet rabbit.
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  punzy Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:15 pm

I was talking with a friend about Survivor's song Burning Heart (...like you do), and he was saying how it was weird the only rhyme they could think of for fire was spider.

So how he heard it
in the darkest night/rising like a spider/in the burning heart/the unmistakable fire
To which he thought, well yeah I guess a spider can rise, but there must be something better.

Actual line
in the darkest night/rising like a spire/in the burning heart/the unmistakable fire
When I told him this, "OH! That makes so much more sense!"

punzy

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:10 pm

I've never listened to Journey's Ask the Lonely very much, so the first few times that I played it on my iPod last week, I kept thinking Steve Perry was singing, "When you're feeling laissez faire, you just ask the lonely."The last time I listened to it though, I realized he was saying, "When you're feeling life's unfair, you just ask the lonely." I loved thinking someone was using the phrase "laissez faire" in a song so I have to say I'm a bit disappointed.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:37 pm

I just recently realized Madonna is not in fact singing, "You keep giving me Al-Al-Almond Joy" in Cherish.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  mayram Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:05 pm

whatthedeuce wrote:I loved thinking someone was using the phrase "laissez faire" in a song so I have to say I'm a bit disappointed.

Along those lines, hearing "Before He Cheats" in spin class today reminded me of the time I totally (unintentionally) crushed someone's beloved interpretation of one of the lyrics.

She was waxing poetic about how much she loved the description of the woman carving her name into "his legacy" and she had a whole explanation built up around why she thought that was such a poignant lyric.

To which I was like "um, I think she's saying 'leather seats" in that line". It really took the wind out of her sails and I felt so bad.

mayram

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:04 pm

Well, it is completely stupid to commit vandalism and sign one's name to it. I guess she's never seen the video, because they do show the name "Carrie" left on the seat.

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:47 pm

That reminds me of the first time I heard Shania Twain's "That Don't Impress Me Much". When she sings, "I can't believe you kiss your car goodnight" I misheard car for cock and I was so shocked I almost rear ended the car in front of me.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  chibimanda Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:01 am

HA! If she wasn't that impressed with that feat of flexibility, then I have no idea what would impress her!
chibimanda
chibimanda

Back to top Go down

Post  The Glen Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:11 am

I thought it was "you kiss your carving knife". I don't know what I thought it meant, maybe some kind of a macho gesture?

The Glen
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  punzy Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:56 am

If he could kiss his cock goodnight, she should be impressed. Also he may not be interested in dating.

punzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:45 pm

Up until the finale of The Americans this year (which I watched with subtitles on), I was under the impression that the refrain in "Games Without Frontiers" was "She's so funky, yeah", and not "Jeux sans frontiers".
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  killershrew Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:54 pm

I just realized a few days ago that in the Taylor Swift song "22", she's talking about dressing up like hipsters. I thought it was hamsters.

And Eris Rising, I thought that line you're talking about was "She's so popular". There goes three years of French classes down the drain.
killershrew
killershrew

Back to top Go down

Post  mayram Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:32 pm

I just realized a few days ago that in the Taylor Swift song "22", she's talking about dressing up like hipsters. I thought it was hamsters.

I always hear that line as "dressing up like Hitler" even though I know what it actually says. Something about her inflection always throws me off.

Last edited by mayram on Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

mayram

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:44 pm

Man, if homegirl went around dressing up as Hitler, dating would be the least of her problems. Dressing like a hamster sounds kinda cute though. Not gonna lie. I can actually picture her doing that for Halloween.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Swarley Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:58 pm

Is she making fun of her exes or accents in that song?!  Every time I listen I hear one or the other and now I just have no idea what she's singing about.  Exes seems to fit but the way she sings it makes me think accents.

Swarley

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:07 pm

She's saying "exes," cuz ya know, making fun of her own is clearly her hobby as well as her bread and butter.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  mayram Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:25 am

whatthedeuce wrote:For some reason, Imagine Dragons sets my teeth on edge. Their sudden popularity mystifies me. I do admit though that I sometimes find myself wanting to yell "Radioactive, radioactive!"
Bringing this quote over from another thread to confirm what a moron I am since I just discovered 2 days ago that "Radioactive" is what they're saying. All this time I've thought it was "ready to rock you, ready to rock you."

I only discovered the real words when I heard a stripped down version on the radio. And then of course afterward they announced the NAME of the song as "Radioactive" so I felt doubly stupid.

mayram

Back to top Go down

Post  UmaOprah Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:49 am

mayram wrote:
whatthedeuce wrote:For some reason, Imagine Dragons sets my teeth on edge. Their sudden popularity mystifies me. I do admit though that I sometimes find myself wanting to yell "Radioactive, radioactive!"
Bringing this quote over from another thread to confirm what a moron I am since I just discovered 2 days ago that "Radioactive" is what they're saying. All this time I've thought it was "ready to rock you, ready to rock you."

I only discovered the real words when I heard a stripped down version on the radio. And then of course afterward they announced the NAME of the song as "Radioactive" so I felt doubly stupid.
Um, wow. I'd ask you to come sit by me but I even knew the song was called "Radioactive" and I still thought they were saying "ready to rock you" until your post.

UmaOprah

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:02 pm

Alright, I'm laughing over here at your adorabilty, guys. I love that you both misheard it the same way despite UmaOprah knowing the song's title. 100% adorable.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:39 am

Not quite a lyric, but I just chanced upon some E! News or something type thing and I realized for the first time that Britney Spears's "Work Bitch" means "You should work it, bitch" and not "The bitch at your place of work." Sigh, I am old. ALSO, COMMAS MATTER, PEOPLE.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:18 pm

I legit LOL'd at that.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:51 pm

My Radioactive related omg was that I thought they were saying "Action dust" not ash and dust.

Don't ask me what I thought action dust was.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  oxymoron Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:38 pm

Kiran wrote:My Radioactive related omg was that I thought they were saying "Action dust" not ash and dust.

Don't ask me what I thought action dust was.
I thought the same thing and just assumed it was cocaine.

oxymoron

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:36 am

I also heard action dust and assumed it was some kind of drug reference.
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next