Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movies at Home

+68
Poubelle
Grainne Mhaol
big chicken
TiffanyNichelle
Melk
Kookla
mayram
Eris Rising
themis
truecrystal
dionneshea
Gillian
MaddyCat
spidey_88
emrie
Swarley
bbridges
Sheli
Binky
sagitare
shamoogity
The Dude
Morning Angel
The Glen
mrinsouciance
Putli Bai
xyzzy
vwlphb
gannetguts
biakbiak
Matinee
killershrew
Wildog27
Algae
Jude
nikita
Cutebutpsycho
Miss Moneypenny
naughty zoot
Kiran
laddical
punzy
ulkis
Unlucky Bear
Esseilte
RiverThames
Agent Sculder
katesti
Instant Monkeys
Bad Username
mokey75
Cynara
Coneycat
Carrie Ann
Gallifrey Girl
blixie
PrincessCleo
whatthedeuce
QueenSix
Snarryfan
bookworm
salamandersam
Red Wolf
PineappleGirl
Raksha
puddingcup
inversed
eventide82
72 posters

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down

Movies at Home - Page 4 Empty Re: Movies at Home

Post  Carrie Ann Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:53 pm

I second this. The motion passes.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:12 am

You're killin' me, Kiran
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:39 am

THE SANDLOT IS EVERYTHING RIGHT ABOUT MY CHILDHOOD. I've never heard a negative word against it, and I'm so sorry that someone made you watch the wrong movie, naughty zoot. Please go find a proper copy of The Sandlot and prepare to be dazzled by Mike Vitar's adorability, preferably while eating s'mores.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:57 am

The epic love story of Wendy Peffercorn and Squints! Truly one for the ages!
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:18 am

The Sandlot is one of those movies that I watched with everyone from my first class of third graders to my dad, and every one of them loved it. (In fact, the grade threes had mostly already seen it before we had it as an end-of-term movie, and they all wanted to watch it anyway because they liked it so much.)

The Beast! The kids' bizarre inventions to rescue the ball! "Baby Ruthie"! I love that movie.

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:06 am

Yeah, I admit there is no way for me to be objective about that movie. We watched it so many times as kids that all conversations with my brother eventually include a quote from it. But, insofar as I'm able to see past my love, I will admit that there is barely a plot, that the acting is... well you know, they're kids, and that the dialogue is sometimes really weird. But, it's in my DNA now, along with The Mighty Ducks, The Princess Bride, etc.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:36 pm

The Princess Bride is brilliant and must not be spoken of in the same breath as that other film.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  inversed Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:30 pm

The Sandlot shall remain perfect in my memory FOR-EV-ER. FOR-EV-ER.

In other news, The World's End was pretty good but a lot sadder than I expected from Pegg and Frost.

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:33 pm

i should note, I was well into my twenties when The Sandlot came out, so my love of it isn't a matter of childhood nostalgia. (I am quite wary about revisiting any of my childhood pleasures for fear of ruining them.) It was just a really funny, cool movie!

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:44 pm

I watched Man of Steel because it appeared on the On Demand menu one minute after midnight on Thursday night/Friday morning so I had to stay up and watch it because there is no point in being a big CAVILL fan if I'm not going to embrace it, now is there? Sure, it made getting up Friday morning a little tricky and I might have moved a bit slower for a while until I finally realised I was up and awake, but it's all for the greater good.

And then I watched The Heat last night, and this morning I made my mother switch off her phone and sit and watch it too. (She's the kind of person who will not sit and make time for herself because she feels she should be doing other things or doing things for other people). It was so funny. I haven't enjoyed a film that much in ages. I was making dinner while my mother was watching it and I could hear her laughing her head off so that's good.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  katesti Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:00 pm

We watched The Heat the other night too and I loved it SO MUCH. Turning the camera on and telling Melissa McCarthy to just have at it is a solid plan for filmmaking, as far as I'm concerned.

katesti

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:44 pm

katesti wrote:We watched The Heat the other night too and I loved it SO MUCH. Turning the camera on and telling Melissa McCarthy to just have at it is a solid plan for filmmaking, as far as I'm concerned.
There were a couple of points (the increasingly slow foot chase, the bar montage) where I was gasping for breath I was laughing so hard. And the entire movie was made even better by the elderly lady sitting next to me who apparently had no idea that the movie ran blue and gasped every time there was a raunchy moment. (So. Much. Gasping.)
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:52 pm

katesti wrote:We watched The Heat the other night too and I loved it SO MUCH. Turning the camera on and telling Melissa McCarthy to just have at it is a solid plan for filmmaking, as far as I'm concerned.
Oh, Melissa McCarthy was brilliant! I mean, I've liked her since her days as Sooki on Gilmore Girls but this was just inspired. Especially the scenes with her family and she tells one girlfriend, "I'm going to kill you and use you to strangle the other one" (paraphrased of course). I nearly got sick laughing. I think this is a film I'm going to end up buying so I can add it to my 'films when in need of cheering up' pile that right now really only includes Hot Fuzz.

And I nearly didn't recognise Jane Curtin at first. She was great too.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  katesti Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:19 pm

Miss Moneypenny wrote:the increasingly slow foot chase
OMG the arrest by watermelon. That was just beyond.

katesti

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:30 am

That movie was solid gold for me. Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy are a great team together. The bar scene had me giggling as well as the slowest foot chase.

Finally saw This is 40. I think that there's some great comedy/existential stuff in there, but Judd Apatow seriously needs a merciless editor because 20 minutes could've been chopped out easily.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent Sculder Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:51 pm

I finally got around to seeing Joss Whedon's version of Much Ado About Nothing which has to be the booziest movie ever. And I don't say that lightly because I've seen The Thin Man and all of its sequels. I enjoyed it because not only have I liked the play for a really long time, it was a lot of fun seeing all those actors from the Whedon-verse together in one film. Finally Fred and Wesley got their happy ending! I think I even like this version better than Kenneth Branagh's because the casting is so good all the way around. His version is great as well, but Keanu Reeves stands out as being out of his depth, and Michael Keaton probably should have been reined in a bit. That said, as much as I loved Alexis Denisof and Amy Acker and Benedick and Beatrice, they weren't better than Emma Thompson and Kenneth Branagh in those roles. Which is sort of an impossible task anyway.

Agent Sculder

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynara Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:28 pm

I rented White House Down, and Channing Tatum in a wifebeater notwithstanding, I have to say Olympus Has Fallen is the better shitty White-House-in-peril movie.

Cynara

Back to top Go down

Post  nikita Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:08 am

Chiming in with love for The Heat. I just watched it the other night and could not stop laughing. So many great moments and McCarthy and Bullock are great together.

nikita

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:49 pm

The Heat is what I've asked for for Christmas, it's that good. Did anyone watch the outtakes with Melissa and Sandra and the tape? I swear I could hardly breathe by the time the clip ended!

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:42 pm

I thought it would be a great idea to watch The Holiday on a cold, snowy, December night. You know, rom com silly holiday movies. I could not go pass the first hour! With the way, the commercial breaks were scheduled, there was no way I was staying up for an extra 2 hours and a half!

Clunky dialogue and contrived plot. Ugh! I hope the rest of holiday movies scheduled during the break are better otherwise, I may take up drinking at home on the weekends!

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:31 pm

I've tried to watch The Holiday a few times, and it is Just. So. Boring. I never get past the first 40 minutes.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Algae Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:41 am

We're really introducing Plankton (age 8) to The Lord of the Rings this year, so we sat down and watched The Fellowship of the Rings together last night.

Lordy, that child can ask a million questions. We only got as far as the Fellowship forming in Rivendell.
Algae
Algae

Back to top Go down

Post  Wildog27 Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:12 pm

All of you who didn't tell me how awesome X Men: First Class is? You're all on notice.

Wildog27

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:35 pm

I've said it frequently, if you visit the X-Men thread. That movie kicks ass, and it's so good that I'm pretty much convinced already that Days of Future Past is already doomed by comparison.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  killershrew Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:29 pm

First Class is the ONLY X-Men movie I've seen, and even I enjoyed it. I didn't get most of the in-jokes in it, but the story and characters were interesting, plus there were all these handsome men to look at.
killershrew
killershrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next