Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glee

+58
QueenSix
Author By Night
punzy
particle_person
sunni94
KaveDweller
ActonBell
Heather
skittlebox
jensa
Binky
Case
Escape
MaddyCat
Ji Xiang
Renny Sue
blixie
Muggsy
Never Enough
Unlucky Bear
Shalamar
jstilwe
choubetcha
Wilhelmina
VodouDoll
dday515
katesti
Raised by wolves
Scarlettfish
Shadowlass
Corvus
punkysdilemma
Snarryfan
naughty zoot
Caramel Coffee
pizzagirl20
Eris Rising
mrinsouciance
TiffanyNichelle
laurelin_kit
Gillian
curryalley
mialoubug
MLIS
Swarley
Instant Monkeys
Esseilte
Ceci
Poubelle
caltrask55
eventide82
RiverThames
MichiSichi
SNeaker
dionneshea
epudom
Kiran
queenofdenile
62 posters

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Go down

Glee       - Page 2 Empty Re: Glee

Post  RiverThames Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:40 pm

queenofdenile wrote:This show is a lot more entertaining for me as a 20-minute webisode about my favorite couple on TV, but even then, "Uptown Girl" was just unnecessary and whatever.

Every time this season, when a number focuses so strongly on Random Strangers, I presume they were people from The Glee Project this summer. A couple of these Warblers and Random Hot Lady Lost At Dalton were Glee Project people, right?
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SNeaker Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:13 pm

Nope. The only Glee Project people we've seen so far are the girl who sang "Anything Goes" in the premiere, and the Irish kid. The other two are yet to arrive, and I think won't until the second half of the season.

SNeaker

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:38 pm

I definitely recognized the new lead Warbler as an existing Warbler who was promoted to lead singer. And I definitely did NOT know that from watching "Teenage Dream" ten billion times or watching Darren's pre-episode interviews *cough.*

As someone who doesn't watch or care about that reality show, I will say that I quite liked that Rachel clone from The Glee Project in the season premiere. She had good screen presence and did justice to the song.
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:20 pm

I love West Side Story, so that was fun. I enjoyed all the songs in this one, unlike "Somewhere," which was terrible.

Very random nit to pick, I realize, but what was the whole thing about "I hope the audience won't be upset when we controversially make the Jets part of 'America'!" First, that IS a stupid idea. Second, what was the point? They came and stood around and sang a couple lines of the song (at least of what we saw; I assume a recording of the entire song exists on the internet somewhere but I haven't heard it), and it was dumb and didn't make sense, either for the song or to have gotten everybody dressed up and dragged out there for two seconds. And then also the big deal they made about how controversial it was. It felt like a whole bunch of that whole 30-second plot thread had been cut. It was just very "Huh?" for me. "Controversial," perhaps. Dumb and unnecessary, also perhaps.

Told you it was a random nit! Anyway, the characters were mostly behaving like human beings in this episode, so I liked it all right, heh.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Swarley Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:46 am

I'm so ridiculously excited for the Rumor Has It/Someone Like You mashup it's embarrassing. I have been listening to it all day.

Swarley

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:02 am

Those two songs sound a lot better together than I thought they would. I'm also glad they're not doing a straight-up cover of "Someone Like You" and mashing it up, because as much as I love Naya's voice, not even she can touch Adele's original for me, so hearing a fresh twist is neat.
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  MLIS Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:30 am

Instant Monkeys wrote:I love West Side Story, so that was fun. I enjoyed all the songs in this one, unlike "Somewhere," which was terrible.

Very random nit to pick, I realize, but what was the whole thing about "I hope the audience won't be upset when we controversially make the Jets part of 'America'!" First, that IS a stupid idea. Second, what was the point? They came and stood around and sang a couple lines of the song (at least of what we saw; I assume a recording of the entire song exists on the internet somewhere but I haven't heard it), and it was dumb and didn't make sense, either for the song or to have gotten everybody dressed up and dragged out there for two seconds. And then also the big deal they made about how controversial it was. It felt like a whole bunch of that whole 30-second plot thread had been cut. It was just very "Huh?" for me. "Controversial," perhaps. Dumb and unnecessary, also perhaps.

Told you it was a random nit! Anyway, the characters were mostly behaving like human beings in this episode, so I liked it all right, heh.

I'm guessing they needed to shoehorn the Jets into the number so that the other half of the cast wouldn't be left out of the big production number (especially after they made such a big deal of casting Mike as Riff a couple of episodes ago), and to have the whole "Mike sees his father's empty chair" thing. I'm surprised they didn't add Officer Krupke and Maria and Tony to the number as well. Otherwise they would have had to do another number from WSS that featured the Jets, and America is the catchiest and best known "group" number, so they just added the Jets to it instead. Yeah, it would be a stupid idea for an actual production of WSS, and it makes no sense, but they had to say something about "hope people don't mind the changes we made" because most viewers would know that the Jets don't really sing in that number. Neither do the Sharks, in the stage version, for what it's worth. America in the stage version is only Anita and the Shark women. The women vs men part was changed for the movie.

I enjoyed this episode. Definitely the best of the season so far, for me, although still not as good as the first season.

MLIS

Back to top Go down

Post  mialoubug Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:30 am

Swarley wrote:I'm so ridiculously excited for the Rumor Has It/Someone Like You mashup it's embarrassing. I have been listening to it all day.

I LOVE Rumour Has It so much! I like Someone Like You but I really don't like the mashup. It seems off to me.
mialoubug
mialoubug

Back to top Go down

Post  Swarley Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:29 pm

I thought it was a little odd to mix those two songs but now that I've heard it I think it works. Somehow. I kind of wanted to hear Lea sing Someone Like You though. I realize that might be an unpopular opinion.

Swarley

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:27 pm

I think I would go apoplectic if I had to watch Lea look constipated and squinty all throughout "Someone Like You," but even aside from that, I don't think the song works for Rachel's character. The song is moving because she's trying to pretend like she's okay even though you can hear her heart breaking with every note, and that doesn't work with Rachel's "heart on her sleeve" personality. It works much better for Santana's bitchy exterior that she uses to hide her vulnerability.

This song, also from this week's ep, sounds AMAZING and I hope they do more like it. Cory's never sounded better.
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  SNeaker Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:02 am

Ok, that was really good. Like, I'm trying to find a flaw and coming up blank. Damn this show.

I think it says something about Mark Salling that as utterly repulsed as I am by that thing on his head right now, I still found him unbearably hot, particularly in the scene where he turned the charm on Shelby. It almost made me ship them.

I will never get tired of people telling Quinn off.

Most of the music was good, ("Hot For Teacher" was classically hilarious), though I thought ND's Hall and Oates mashup was merely cute and the vocals were bad. Not Cory at his finest. However, he was in much better form for the Dodegeball mashup.

SNeaker

Back to top Go down

Post  curryalley Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:44 am

I have always loved this show because of the fun songs but I had the opposite reaction tonight. I hated all of that. Hot For Teacher weirded me out and was way too long. The rest of the numbers fell flat for me and I uniformly wanted to drop every single character off a cliff.

Did Mr. Schu make the ad outing Santana or did someone else? I don't understand since the recording was made by a student and that was one of the cruelest things they could do.

Everything just put me off.

curryalley

Back to top Go down

Post  Swarley Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:51 am

Someone else made the ad about Santana. Burt's only a write in remember. There are other candidates on the ballot.

I found the jump from Santana running down the hallway in tears to on stage performing jarring. It didn't feel right. I see where it was going with the slap at the end but when it happened I felt like I had whiplash.

Swarley

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:09 am

I really enjoyed all of the music. I still find the arrangement of the Adele mash-up a little wonky, but the vocals were gorgeous. My favorite was the You and I/You and I mash-up. As flawed as they are as characters, Will and Shelby can still school their kids in singing.

I'm not finding the Puck/Shelby as squirm-worthy as I thought it was going to be. I still don't like it, and a lot of that has to do with Puck's hair, because how could anyone find him attractive with that thing growing there, but it's not as completely intolerable as I thought it would be. It's just moderately intolerable. It was great seeing Quinn getting called out by Shelby. But Puck's hair... Someone needs to do something about his hair. Please.

I'd feel worse for Santana if she hadn't basically assaulted Rory earlier in the episode. I do like that Mercedes and Brittany were trying to curb that, but she's never shown any guilt or remorse for tearing down other people so I'm wondering why I'm supposed to feel bad for her. Or why Finn or Rory or Rachel or anyone she's abused is supposed to feel badly that she's been outed.

Overall I really liked it and I liked what it set up for the next episode.

dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:30 am

Santana is such a hateful bitch, I really don't see how I'm supposed to feel sorry for her. I mean, the ad is terrible and that shouldn't happen to anybody, ever, but no one should treat people the way Santana does, either. She is such a relentless bully. She's a great performer and sometimes she's funny, but the funny/bitch ratio is way off for me.

I'm confused about this two glee clubs thing. I could have sworn that at the beginning of the season, New Directions was trying really hard to recruit new members because they didn't have enough people to qualify to compete. So people quitting to join Shelby's group seemed dumb, because what's the good of solos if your group has four people and can't even compete? So now instead of one small show choir, there are two really small show choirs, and it's totally fine and they're all going to sectionals? Am I remembering all of this completely wrong? Did my brain drop the ball, or did the writers?

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:43 am

No, in the first episode they indicated they still needed to hit the magic number of 12. Neither group has that (though the TroubleTones apparently found three more Cheerios that wouldn't join New Directions before).
RiverThames
RiverThames

Back to top Go down

Post  laurelin_kit Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:46 am

Gillian wrote:Santana is such a hateful bitch, I really don't see how I'm supposed to feel sorry for her. I mean, the ad is terrible and that shouldn't happen to anybody, ever, but no one should treat people the way Santana does, either. She is such a relentless bully. She's a great performer and sometimes she's funny, but the funny/bitch ratio is way off for me.

It doesn't matter what she's like as a person or whether or not she's nice. No one ever deserves to be outed, especially not like that. You don't earn basic human rights by being nice to people.
laurelin_kit
laurelin_kit

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:02 am

laurelin_kit wrote:
Gillian wrote:Santana is such a hateful bitch, I really don't see how I'm supposed to feel sorry for her. I mean, the ad is terrible and that shouldn't happen to anybody, ever, but no one should treat people the way Santana does, either. She is such a relentless bully. She's a great performer and sometimes she's funny, but the funny/bitch ratio is way off for me.

It doesn't matter what she's like as a person or whether or not she's nice. No one ever deserves to be outed, especially not like that. You don't earn basic human rights by being nice to people.

I don't think anyone said she deserved to be outed, quite the opposite in fact, and it certainly shouldn't happen to anyone, but I also don't agree with that argument. Maybe you don't earn basic human rights by being nice, but you do lose them by disrespecting others' rights. Hence the whole concept of the justice system. And Santana has never respected the rights of others to have a safe, abuse-free school environment. If she was ever punished for that (or at least reformed, like Puck), then it would be easier to feel badly for her.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:37 am

Maybe it she were just outed *at school*, I could sort of see the argument, but she's being outed in a campaign ad that presumably the entire state is going to see. (Is it even legal to do that to a minor?) For all we know about her parents (which isn't much) being outed could lead to her not just being ostracized but kicked out of the house and cut off.

I really enjoyed all the music in this episode, ridiculous as Hot For Teacher was. (Also, Puck should wear his Oates wig all the time until his hair grows out or he gets it cut. It's an improvement.) The Adele medley was fantastic.

However, I am NOT looking forward to "I Kissed A Girl" next week. Ugh ugh ugh. That song reminds me of why I was terrified to come out. (What is up with this show and Katy Perry anyway? You'd think a show that's working so hard to preach gay acceptance wouldn't rely so much on the works of someone who launched her career peddling homophobic drivel.)
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:53 am

I think there's a difference between saying, "Santana is mean to people and therefore deserves to be outed" and "Santana may not deserve to be outed, but because she's mean to people, I have a hard time feeling sorry for her," and I think people were saying the latter of the two.
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  SNeaker Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:39 pm

I think there's a difference between saying, "Santana is mean to people and therefore deserves to be outed" and "Santana may not deserve to be outed, but because she's mean to people, I have a hard time feeling sorry for her," and I think people were saying the latter of the two.
Quite right. Although I did feel sorry for Santana, even while shaking my head at her. I can dislike someone (although I generally like Santana, but she was being awful in this episode) and still feel bad for them when something terrible happens to them. There are some things I wouldn't wish on...well, I won't say anyone because there are some truly evil people out there I have no room for sympathy for, but at least I wouldn't wish them on most people. I could hate on Quinn back in Season 1 for the lies and the cheating and still feel sorry for her when her parents looked at their pregnant daughter's tear-stained face as she begged them to understand and they still threw her out. It didn't make me like Quinn, or think anything she had done was justified, but there was room for sympathy too. Same here with Santana. Being publicly outed against her will...damn, that's harsh. But sometimes life kicks you in the stomach and it can end up being a blessing. Santana pushed and pushed and suffered dire consequences. Hopefully she can learn from this experience and come out the better (and happier) for it.

SNeaker

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:12 am

I'm starting to think I should have watched the whole actual episode instead of just the edit I saw on tumblr, because holy hell, I wanted to smack Kurt into next week. First, the outfit he wore in that scene with Sue - there's no excuse for that monstrosity. Second, he wanted to stamp out obesity? Uh, how exactly do you plan to do that, Hummel? Third, dodgeball is the modern-day equivalent of stoning? Uh, no, you self-righteous precious little nitwit, people in other parts of the world are STILL stoned to death and it's not the fucking same thing at all as a game in gym class.

And then when Rachel, and the show itself, made a big stink about how Kurt is the only candidate who cares - of course he is, because he's perfect and wonderful and precious and unicorny and everyone else is a self-involved opportunist - I really, really wished that Santana had thrown the ball in HIS face during the dodgeball scene instead of the leprechaun's.

I can't tell why Finn resents Blaine so much. Not that I have a problem with people disliking Blaine, but considering that he's dating Kurt and making Kurt happy, I'd think Finn would at least have more mixed feelings about him instead of undiluted hostility.
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:16 am

Finn resents Blaine? This might be an affect of the edit or something, because I can't recall any level of Finn/Blaine interaction in this episode.
RiverThames
RiverThames

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:18 am

There was the attitude in the premiere, which I chalked up to him thinking that Blaine set the piano on fire, and there was definitely a look between Blaine and Finn after Blaine offered words of encouragement to the leprechaun (although why Blaine thought Finn was referring to him and not the leprechaun with the "new guy" talk, I have no idea). And I also remember there being some snarky interaction between the two in "Pot O'Gold" where Finn seemed to think Blaine was stepping on his leadership toes. So, to be fair, it could be coming from both sides.
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:09 pm

Finn is always threatened by guys he sees as better than him, he did the same thing with Sam when he first came.

As much as I hated that Rachel wanted to run for class president, I hate that Brittany (as always) was able to get away with it with no real anger from Kurt. She convinced him to run, she was his original manager, she was his friend also and get all the hate from Kurt and the others was pinned only on Rachel. Brittany betrayed him too! And it's not like Rachel and Kurt were childhood friends who shared a life-long dream of moving to NY together. They *just* became friends. I just need more people calling Brittany out for her actions and not her stupidity because that girl is sly.

I hated Kurt's platform of obesity that we never heard about until that episode. And he should have said he wanted to ban slushies from the school also since all of the Gleeks have had them tossed in their face.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum