Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Facebook

+84
ulkis
year of the cat
DarkSpork
Wildog27
snorf
SelfAmused
RiverThames
Fraoch
killershrew
sunni94
mandalaya
woolhat
Putli Bai
Red Wolf
queenofdenile
mialoubug
puddingcup
Author By Night
slmader
The Glen
blixie
QueenSix
VodouDoll
Raised by wolves
Tabby
choubetcha
megageek
whatthedeuce
punzy
UmaOprah
salamandersam
sagitare
TiffanyNichelle
sixchooks
Miss Moneypenny
MLIS
Luciano
Never Enough
Unlucky Bear
Poubelle
ariadne
Bad Username
Gillian
Jamie
particle_person
lucylane
Algae
lisaslobe
Crackie
punkysdilemma
Instant Monkeys
Gilraen
Morning Angel
Sheli
blooey
gannetguts
Kookla
The Lady of Shalott
Swarley
inversed
Binky
Jasmine
laddical
jcpdiesel21
philophobe
eventide82
tothemax
paablish
MichiSichi
jstilwe
RubyTuesday
Carrie Ann
katesti
mokey75
Corellderaan
Francie Nolan
naughty zoot
Auroura76
Matinee
mayram
oxymoron
Eris Rising
dinahmoe
maxell131313
88 posters

Page 9 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down

Facebook  - Page 9 Empty Re: Facebook

Post  katesti Wed May 01, 2013 12:30 am

Yeah, I'm having the same issues as you, puddingcup - it's basically unusable on my phone most of the time (also 4S, also haven't updated since I bought it), and is MAKING ME INSANE.

katesti

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Wed May 01, 2013 12:36 am

Why haven't you updated, katesti? I haven't because of laziness + unclear anxiety (that I'll lose stuff? that it will be worse than before?), but I'm thinking that I should probably update to the next level, but not 6.0 (Google maps issue, plus more vague upgrade anxiety), because I think some of my other apps and functions will start to suffer. So far it's really just FB. My husband, who updates as soon as new updates are available, cannot understand my upgrade-phobia.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  eventide82 Wed May 01, 2013 1:15 am

Ugh, I haaate the update to the FB app. I HATE the way it reverts to "news feed" every time I open it, instead of "most recent", which I have selected approximately one BILLION times already, which MAKES MORE SENSE. And it keeps crashing.
eventide82
eventide82

http://boredomaboundsbyjulia.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 Wed May 01, 2013 1:15 am

Well, I have upgraded my 4S iPhone and Facebook is just as glitch happy on an upgraded phone as non. So it isn't the upgrades that are the issue.
maxell131313
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian Wed May 01, 2013 1:23 am

Unlucky Bear wrote:Is anyone else having a lot of problems with FB over the past week or so? I can't post a status or comment on my friends' posts. I can't even see my own page anymore on my laptop. FB works just fine on my phone, though. I don't know what's going on.
I've been having problems with FB on my laptop, too. A few weeks ago, I kept getting a "cannot display this page" type warning, so I just assumed it was down or something. When I used an iPad to get on later in the day, I was totally surprised to see that people had been posting away all day long. It's happened a few more times since then, where it won't work on my laptop but will work on the iPad. I can't speak for phones, because I'm the only person in the world who doesn't have a smartphone. Facebook is shitty on my iPod, though, but I figure that's because my iPod is crazy old (by iPod standards).

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Wed May 01, 2013 1:27 am

FB has been crashing on ny iPhone way more since I installed the latest update two weeks ago. It's frustrating and makes me just wanna remove the stupid app from my phone altogether.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Wed May 01, 2013 1:32 am

Well, I have upgraded my 4S iPhone and Facebook is just as glitch happy on an upgraded phone as non. So it isn't the upgrades that are the issue.
Good to know! I think from this series of posts at least we can safely conclude that it's FB that sucks, especially the recent upgrades.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Wed May 01, 2013 1:40 am

Oh, is there a way to stop getting app notifications for the game Candy Crush? I don't mind the banner telling me when someone in my Close Friends list updates, but I'm sick of getting a banner across my phone telling me someone sent me a CC request a million times a day.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person Wed May 01, 2013 1:55 am

iOS has a Notification Manager under Settings. You can always go in there, hit Edit, and turn off the notifications for any app. After you hit Edit, you drag the app to the "Not in Notification Center" area.
particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Wed May 01, 2013 2:06 am

I don't have the game app on my phone anymore cuz I'm tired of it (though I did have notifications for it turned off when it was still installed), but sadly, I keep getting annoying request notifications for the game within the FB app. It's bearable though so if I can't remove it from within FB, I'll live.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Wed May 01, 2013 3:16 am

I liked "Doctor Who" as an interest. And "like" is putting my feelings for the show mildly.

But GREAT FUCK IN THE MORNING am I tired of getting twenty updates a day in my newsfeed that "Doctor Who and the Tardis by Craig Hurle has posted an article about Doctor Who". I keep telling FB to "hide all" from him. But while one can apparently block particular individuals, you can't block a page? Or something. Because there are lots of people who post on pages I visit that I can't stand for one reason or another - usually because they have something vile as their user pic. And I block them and I never have to see them again. But I can't block this "Doctor Who and the Tardis by Craig Hurle" shit and FB apparently refuses to acknowledge my request to not have his stuff posted on my newsfeed.

I really hate FB sometimes.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf Thu May 02, 2013 4:29 am

Anyone know about FB business pages? Just today, there's a box telling me I should create an ad to increase the amount of likes I get. It even suggests a daily budget. I seriously don't care about getting likes. The page exists to drive up business for my shop. So how do I get rid of that little box?

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Thu May 02, 2013 10:03 am

I was able to stop Candy Crush notifications through the account settings menu. Thank Christ!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Thu May 02, 2013 9:53 pm

OK, all of a sudden my page is back to normal and I can see my timeline again. Which is good, I guess, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what was wrong with that damn thing.
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Thu May 02, 2013 10:08 pm

FB is just full of stupid recently. Can we all agree on that at this point? There's ways something funky going on with timelines and privacy settings for me.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Fri May 03, 2013 11:53 am

My privacy settings reset themselves completely recently and it took me a while to notice. So...several public status updates I thought were private. And while facebook stalking people, I noticed sudden public posts after years of nothing being visible. I suspect the same thing happened to them.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Fri May 03, 2013 11:03 pm

I was just about to get indignant over someone who's meant to be restricted seeing an update I made today, but then I remembered that changing a profile pic is obviously gonna be public and seen by all. Dummy.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  inversed Fri May 10, 2013 12:50 pm

Never mind, figured it out.

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Fri May 10, 2013 7:48 pm

I think the birthday reminders are pretty much the only reason why I haven't deactivated my account. I don't know anybody's birthday unless FB sends me that damn weekly notification email.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Author By Night Tue May 14, 2013 7:05 pm

laddical wrote:I liked "Doctor Who" as an interest. And "like" is putting my feelings for the show mildly.

But GREAT FUCK IN THE MORNING am I tired of getting twenty updates a day in my newsfeed that "Doctor Who and the Tardis by Craig Hurle has posted an article about Doctor Who". I keep telling FB to "hide all" from him. But while one can apparently block particular individuals, you can't block a page? Or something. Because there are lots of people who post on pages I visit that I can't stand for one reason or another - usually because they have something vile as their user pic. And I block them and I never have to see them again. But I can't block this "Doctor Who and the Tardis by Craig Hurle" shit and FB apparently refuses to acknowledge my request to not have his stuff posted on my newsfeed.

I really hate FB sometimes.

Me too. I liked things to show people what I like. Not to get spammed with articles and pictures. Half the time they aren't even 100% relevant to what I like. I wish there were a way to "like" something without subscribing to an actual page.

Red Wolf wrote:Anyone know about FB business pages? Just today, there's a box telling me I should create an ad to increase the amount of likes I get. It even suggests a daily budget. I seriously don't care about getting likes. The page exists to drive up business for my shop. So how do I get rid of that little box?

I think it might be part of the deal now? But check your settings and see if you inadvertently signed up for that. Something makes me think that may have been an option when I had a business page.

Author By Night

http://author-by-night.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai Tue May 14, 2013 7:21 pm

Red Wolf wrote:Anyone know about FB business pages? Just today, there's a box telling me I should create an ad to increase the amount of likes I get. It even suggests a daily budget. I seriously don't care about getting likes. The page exists to drive up business for my shop. So how do I get rid of that little box?

We have one on the page for our rescue, so it's not just for businesses. If you figure out how to make it go away, let me know. We need the money more than we need the likes, so shut up, Facebook.
Putli Bai
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  Author By Night Fri May 17, 2013 9:49 pm

So, an etiquette question - if you run a page or a friends profile, is tacky to share things from it? Or does that look like you're promoting your business/organization/cat? The most ideal would be for other people to share things, but that doesn't seem to be happening. What I'd really like to happen is for my friends to share my pages, but when I have invited them, they've ignored it or said "this doesn't apply to me", the latter missing the point of, well, sharing. And I realized I was probably annoying people and turning them off of the businesses/organizations I was trying to promote. But I don't know how else to promote it. I'm honestly a bit surprised that it didn't work either time - in one case I can, because it's a business that helps people with certain problems (I don't talk about Fight Club, so that's all I'm saying), and I can understand why friends might take sharing it the wrong way, but in the other situation it was a school organization I thought would get likes pretty quickly.

Author By Night

http://author-by-night.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Sat May 18, 2013 2:44 am

If people really don't like something in their feed, they can always hide it or just keep scrolling. I don't think sharing is tacky, unless you're doing it literally all the time.
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Never Enough Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:28 pm

I had a very strange experience on FB last night. I apologize in advance for the TL;DR. I need some advice.

A friend posted as a status update about how there is this "Other" inbox for FB messages. If someone you're not friends with sends you a message, it goes there. Like if someone from your past is trying to confirm it's you before sending a friend request. You have to go to your messages inbox and then click on "Other." What do you know, I had 10 messages!

Ends up one of the message chains was from an old friend from high school. Really, an ex friend. The last time we talked, over 10 years ago, I was in the middle of having a nervous breakdown/dropping out of college/moving back home. I disappeared for about a month. I don't know if this upset her, or if we were pulling apart anyway, but when I came back to the world and tried calling her, she never answered her phone. A couple months later she must have forgot to check her caller ID and answered. I tried asking her what was going on, but she lied and said she was busy right now but would call back in 10 minutes. Never called back, never answered her phone again when I called, and that was it.

A year ago, she sent me a friend request. I immediately thought "No fucking way am I accepting this." Unfortunately part of me was thinking she could at least bother sending me a message explaining herself. I had no idea that she actually did send me a message. And here is exactly what she sent me:

4/26/12:

hello I dont know if youre the same xxxx I went to school willerd jr high with and berkeley high .You use to live in richmond ca. with your father and mother i think your mothers name was xxxx? if so pls send me a message back (-:

5/6/12:

hello this is xxx xxxx i went to school with you in jr high and high school

6/13/12:

ok then

6/30/12:

wow your fuckin rude bitchhhhhhhhh ur still look like a dork haha lmfao

If I hadn't gotten that last message, I would have felt bad. Clearly she has no idea I never got the messages, but that last message actually does hurt. I wasn't part of the cool crowd in high school, but I had friends and I thought she was a real one.

Now I'm torn on if I should reply or not. At this point, the last message was sent almost a year ago. Clearly she's hasn't matured at all. I want to make her feel crappy, but I suspect it will just turn into name calling and no matter what I say she'll think she's right. Any chance I got my revenge by simply ignoring her? Yes, I'm being petty and I don't care.

Never Enough

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:06 pm

Anyone that sends that kind of reply simply because you didn't accept her as a Facebook friend isn't worth contacting. If she had any maturity at all she'd have dropped it after the first two or three messages when you didn't respond.
maxell131313
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next