Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guess Who Don't Sue

+45
Genevieve
Gillian
dionneshea
Arabella
wenchsenior
maxell131313
Jude
katesti
Melk
Eris Rising
Poubelle
Muggsy
eventide82
Agent Sculder
inversed
mandalaya
Morning Angel
mayram
Cynara
BreezyK
laddical
eco
themis
whatthedeuce
puddingcup
slmader
QueenSix
Decca
year of the cat
LadyGayle
Sheli
Lily Rose
Miss Moneypenny
naughty zoot
mialoubug
Binky
Esme
Carrie Ann
biakbiak
ActonBell
swsa
bookworm
blixie
Kiran
Crowbridge
49 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Guess Who Don't Sue - Page 7 Empty Re: Guess Who Don't Sue

Post  katesti Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:43 pm

Actor vs. Director

An acclaimed actor. And an acclaimed director. A director with a huge ego, recently made even bigger, and his acclaimed friends are pricks too, so it’s not like there’s anyone around to check his behaviour... until he took it a step too far with someone who has some experiencewith knocking around douchebags on set.

So it’s been a long shoot. And this is a technically particular director. His exacting demands have made it so that production is taking a long, long time. He berates and belittles the crew, he’s impatient, and he’s often cruel, even unethical in his pursuit to get the “perfect shot”. With the hardware now, he feels even more justified in being as unkind as he wants to be, because in his mind, art is often not compatible with compassion. Compassion was the problem when one of his leads, due to a physical ailment, relied on wardrobe to come up with a solution that would alleviate some of his pain. It was a relief to the actor and, for the most part, it wasn’t a big deal aesthetically, until a long shot was required, at which point the director noticed that an adjustment had been made to help with the actor’s discomfort.

The director went ballistic. He got right up in the actor’s face. They start screaming at each other. They decide to take their argument somewhere private, where they continue to yell at each other. It’s LOUD. It’s ugly. It’s level 15 on intensity. The director won’t forgive, the actor won’t apologise. Everyone can hear. And then…

Silence.

The actor exits. On his own.

The director?

Is found by the crew moments later. On the ground in his tent. One punch.

Inarritu is currently filming The Revenant with DiCaprio in the middle of nowhere in British Columbia. That was my immediate thought, although I've never heard nasty stories about him? He certainly is a director who's recently gotten some hardware, though.

katesti

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:46 pm

The director sounds like David O. Russell for the most part, though that "recently made even bigger" thing sounds wrong for him.

The only actor that comes to mind with a physical ailment like that is Harrison Ford, though I'm sure there are others. Abrams is many things, but a technical perfectionist who yells at his actors is not one of them from any stories I've ever heard.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:53 pm

I'm thinking it has to be DOR, reports from the set of Joy insinuate he's up to his typical shit. I assume the actor's physical ailment isn't actually well known so like Robert DeNiro? Again I'm always confused why the same actors work with him KNOWING he's a raging abusive dick brain.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:02 pm

I haven't heard any bad things about Inarritu, either, and I don't know who his "acclaimed friends" would be, but Tom Hardy is also in The Revenant, and didn't Lainey say something before about something between him and Shia LeBoeuf in Lawless (the "knocking around douchebags on set")?

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:17 pm

Sean Penn and Javier Bardem are Inarritu's friends (but so are del Toro and Cauron who aren't a-holes IMO), so it could definitely be him and someone on that Revenant set.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:50 am

I also don't think Harrison Ford is back at work yet? And like his accident was so SO publicized I can't see anyone being an ass to him about it.

I've heard Innuarta can be an ass before. I'm leaning towards him and Tom Hardy because I don't know who would punch him on the set of Joy. They've all worked with him multiple times, and weirdly people aside from Clooney and to a screamier less punchy degree Tomlin and Hoffman put up with it.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:37 pm

Also, I can't imagine DOR thinking it was necessary to go scream at someone in private.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent Sculder Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:14 pm

What about Wes Anderson? I'm not sure if he's filming anything at the moment though. I certainly can see him as being a guy who is constantly persuing "the perfect shot". And he certainly has an acclaimed group of friends. He was nominated for Best Director for the first time this year, and The Grand Budapest Hotel did well at the Oscars. But I don't think I've ever heard of him being a jerk on set before, unlike David O. Russell.

Agent Sculder

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:23 pm

The worst I can see Wes Anderson doing is riding off on a whimsical unicorn while holding a parasol.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:30 pm

So it looks like Lainey just confirmed Tom Hardy and Inarritu:

Also NB - at one point, Hardy gets an email about work the next day. Work, of course, is The Revenant. With Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu. Creative differences. Typically you side with the director over the spoiled actor. But this, this is a different perspective. The rare occasion when you might be able to sympathise with the choices an actor has to make when they stand to come out looking like the asshole.

And also confirmed another blind from a while back about an actor (Hardy) being influenced by the partying habits of a friend (DiCaprio):

Let me make a note though. Much of the interview takes place in an arts and crafts place in Calgary – somewhere he says Leonardo DiCaprio would never show up to. It’s interesting, Hardy’s comparison of fame, his level of it and Leo’s. And what he is and isn’t willing to compromise. Perhaps it’s also a statement though. Because Leo exploits his own fame in ways that make it a waste of time for him to go paint a mug in a crock shoppe. It’s not like models hang out there. That said, the benefit of Hardy’s position is that he can dip into that advantage of Leo’s whenever he wants. And he does.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:22 pm

Before it happened, his friends were begging him not to do it. Begging him not to make it permanent. But he was in too deep, and a little wounded too after his most recent professional setback. So it happened. Despite all the warnings, he went ahead and made it official.

But the happily ever after wore off really quickly. It wore off a long time ago. Which is why while he’s working, he’s also hiding. Of course he could stay in luxe accommodations all to himself. Instead of sleeping in a hotel suite that they most certainly have the budget for though, he’s on his buddy’s couch. His best buddy. The one you’d think would approve of his relationship. But even his best friend thinks his girl is crazy. And understands why he’s decided to hide out, where it’s not so easy for her to find him. Which, apparently, happens all the time. She’s obsessive about calling around, looking for him, haranguing anyone she can to ask where he is, what he’s doing, why he hasn’t texted her back. Two sources confirmed to me that she’s been delayed on set a few times because she’s been shouting down the phone at someone in her trailer, demanding they track him down for her. And so, at a time when they’re supposed to be celebrating, he’s far away, enjoying his freedom for a few weeks. Is this what it’s going to be for a lifetime?

Those who called Johnny Depp and Amber Heard come get your prize.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:42 pm

Inarritu/Hardy seems pretty much definite, at this point.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:58 pm

Remember that Lainey Gossip blind item about the couple who were so hot for each other they got nasty with a cucumber at a garden party?

She pretty much confirmed its Diane Krueger and Josh Jackson. If it keeps the magic alive, good for them tbh, just clean it off first.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynara Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:27 pm

If there existed a gif of me, in sunglasses, sipping a drink and giving a thumbs up, I'd put it here. Whatever it takes, man.

Cynara

Back to top Go down

Post  BreezyK Thu May 28, 2015 4:41 pm

So this is Affleck right?

Last time he set his reputation on fire though, it was easier to forgive. And she helped him rehabilitate his image. Could he come back from betraying the perfect wife, walking out on a perfect home, and breaking up the perfect family?

BreezyK

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Thu May 28, 2015 5:10 pm

Daily Mail is saying that they're getting a divorce.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Thu May 28, 2015 5:11 pm

Definitely.

Ben Affleck spotted in Cheticamp, surprises gas station manager

You remember when he turned up in a small, out-of-the-way-of-Hollywood town not too long ago, for no apparent reason? He was trying to go undercover. Because it turns out, he was there with a woman…a very attractive woman… who is not his wife. They were seen holding hands at the hotel. But can you ever really hide? No. Not even out of the country. Not even by the sea. He ended up getting busted by fans and the local media got a hold of it. And the thing is, he told his wife that he was somewhere else.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Thu May 28, 2015 10:13 pm

Ugh. TBH, the weirdness surrounding how many of their friendships seem to have been...neglected or purposely discarded after they got together has kind of soured me on the two of them as a couple anyway, but I still want only the best for JGar. So this makes me sad for her. Assuming it's true, I will gladly revert all of my support to her and stop rooting for him altogether.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Fri May 29, 2015 11:20 am

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Fri May 29, 2015 12:14 pm

Carrie Ann wrote:Ugh. TBH, the weirdness surrounding how many of their friendships seem to have been...neglected or purposely discarded after they got together has kind of soured me on the two of them as a couple anyway, but I still want only the best for JGar. So this makes me sad for her. Assuming it's true, I will gladly revert all of my support to her and stop rooting for him altogether.

I've liked her ever since Alias, and he seems like a bit of a douche canoe, so Team Jen.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 Fri May 29, 2015 3:32 pm

I'm also on the Team Jennifer bandwagon.

They clearly don't look happy together and if they're just staying together for their kids it may be doing more harm than good. Why not split now and be amicable about it than drag it out and have things get really contentious later? Don't get me wrong, if they are committed to making their marriage work, I'm all for it. But if they're just going through the motions then what's the point?
maxell131313
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Fri May 29, 2015 5:08 pm

I like Ben as an actor (and like him better as a director)...but he seems to be a pretty shitty husband. And this isn't particularly new (rumored) behavior. I think Garner has tolerated it pretty much forever, for whatever reasons, and short of public humiliation rather than the rumors, doesn't seem likely to stop.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  eventide82 Fri May 29, 2015 7:49 pm

I love Jennifer Garner, and I think Ben is probably a bit of a douche to be married to. If they divorce though, I wonder who she'll get together with next. Like her Felicity co-star Keri Russell, she has a habit of getting together with her co-stars (Scott Foley, Michael Vartan, Affleck).

....but that salt 'n' pepper look he's got going on in those photos is something I can appreciate.
eventide82
eventide82

http://boredomaboundsbyjulia.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:02 pm

Lainey's latest Ben Blind claims he's bumped up to Heroin ,and that's why J.Gar finally gave up.

His Biggest Problem

There were a lot of women. Oklahoma was a few years ago. But Oklahoma was certainly not the one who was the most recent, although the most recent, professional turned personal, that I know of at least, is also not that recognisable, for now. She’s waiting for her moment.

Still, these affairs were not the biggest problem. The biggest problem is one he developed on the set of his most recent project. It started with pills and an injury a few years ago. Somehow he was able to function through that. Recently though he was shooting on location. He was a mess. He would go missing overnight. Not the prescription pills now but a hard drug. A very dangerous one. Not the party kind but the kind that brings you down, often alone, to escape. One that not too long ago took the life of a major, major talent. So it’s not the lovers that made him unsuitable for home. This is why she didn’t trust him at home. This is why she had to shake him up. But it’s not like he can get help openly. Not now, when so much is riding on him, with so much coming up. And that’s always been how Hollywood works. Your health is not the priority when there’s a multi-million dollar marketing strategy in place and so many stories to tell. So, sure, he has a support system, a lot of people out there looking out for him. But… is that the right objective?

The guesses for recent woman are Margot Robbie.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  wenchsenior Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:07 pm

blixie wrote:Lainey's latest Ben Blind claims he's bumped up to Heroin ,and that's why J.Gar finally gave up.

His Biggest Problem

There were a lot of women. Oklahoma was a few years ago. But Oklahoma was certainly not the one who was the most recent, although the most recent, professional turned personal, that I know of at least, is also not that recognisable, for now. She’s waiting for her moment.

Still, these affairs were not the biggest problem. The biggest problem is one he developed on the set of his most recent project. It started with pills and an injury a few years ago. Somehow he was able to function through that. Recently though he was shooting on location. He was a mess. He would go missing overnight. Not the prescription pills now but a hard drug. A very dangerous one. Not the party kind but the kind that brings you down, often alone, to escape. One that not too long ago took the life of a major, major talent. So it’s not the lovers that made him unsuitable for home. This is why she didn’t trust him at home. This is why she had to shake him up. But it’s not like he can get help openly. Not now, when so much is riding on him, with so much coming up. And that’s always been how Hollywood works. Your health is not the priority when there’s a multi-million dollar marketing strategy in place and so many stories to tell. So, sure, he has a support system, a lot of people out there looking out for him. But… is that the right objective?

The guesses for recent woman are Margot Robbie.

Ugh. I didn't think I cared that much, but this is a bummer just when his professional life has been going so well.

wenchsenior

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next