Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keanu Reeves

+5
blixie
slmader
dionneshea
Morning Angel
Regina Filangie
9 posters

Go down

Keanu Reeves Empty Keanu Reeves

Post  Regina Filangie Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:09 am

He's been making the promotional rounds for John Wick and I have to say he's aging quite well. I always found him too pretty when he was younger, but now, holy crap. He comes across very zen for someone that's had so much tragedy in his life. I like Keanu and I hope John Wick is a hit.

Regina Filangie

Back to top Go down

Keanu Reeves Empty Re: Keanu Reeves

Post  Morning Angel Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:34 pm

He was on The Nerdist podcast this week, and it was very interesting. I don't think I had ever heard him speak so much! He seems very down to earth, and doesn't take himself too seriously. And yes, he defies aging somehow.
Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:03 pm

I listened to the podcast, too, and I found him just so weird and charming and funny. Like I needed to be more in love with him!

Honestly, he just seems like a genuinely good dude. There's not even a whiff of douche about him, and I think that's not something you can really hide.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  slmader Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:32 pm

He is one of the few actors for whose films I will always pay money to see in the theatre. I love this guy. I saw John Wick, and it was a lot of fun. The dog is adorable.

slmader

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:49 pm

I love him, always have since the one two punch of The Rivers Edge and Permanent Record. He's always so honest and humble about his work (he has often been terrible and admits to it), and I still to this day love that he has been cast as a Christ figure in The Matrix, Buddha, and The Devil's Spawn in Devil's Advocate.

He's a such really *good* dude too, like John Wick is was made by a former stuntman. No one is convincing me that happened without the full support of Keester, both morally and financially, and agreeing to be the lead.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:02 am

Well, I have a deep fondness for the guy and will never hesitate to re-post this in reply to the many, many people who seem to think Keanu=Ted:

He is a genius.

He's one of the very few celebrities I've met and he's just as cool in person as you might imagine.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:25 am

I've loved him since 1986 in Babes in Toyland, and so glad he's getting some good press again. Thanks for mentioning his Nerdist podcast! I'm downloading it now.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:32 am

It always bugs me when people diss Keanu for being wooden. I always want to stick up for him and protect him. :-( I loved Baes in Toyland and I remember liking him in Parenthood. Of course it wasn't until Speed that I fell in love. Cause come on, he looked amazing in Speed, lol.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Corvus Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:12 pm

And courageous, given the opportunity. Viz: 'My Private Idaho'
Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content