Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Are You Watching

+60
Grainne Mhaol
ulkis
Snarryfan
Morning Angel
bookworm
eventide82
Gillian
mandalaya
bottle
Jordan Baker
xyzzy
Carriellie
mokey75
Corellderaan
pinguerin
izzypop
Coneycat
Kookla
Poubelle
mrinsouciance
Evil Lincoln
MaddyCat
mayram
BrightEyes
laddical
Binky
Gallifrey Girl
Agent Sculder
Melk
mialoubug
inversed
RiverThames
Carrie Ann
dionneshea
maxell131313
punzy
vwlphb
Raised by wolves
chibimanda
naughty zoot
Cynara
Putli Bai
Bad Username
caltrask55
puddingcup
Corvus
blixie
Jude
salamandersam
year of the cat
TiffanyNichelle
big chicken
Instant Monkeys
biakbiak
Unlucky Bear
katesti
QueenSix
Raksha
The Dude
punkysdilemma
64 posters

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

What Are You Watching Empty What Are You Watching

Post  punkysdilemma Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:21 am

Red Band Society might end after 13 episodes

I dunno, I keep watching it, but I keep wanting it to be better. Or for it to be a Lurlene McDaniel book made flesh. It's neither. Oh well.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

What Are You Watching Empty Re: What Are You Watching

Post  The Dude Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:59 pm

National Dog Show it's all about new breeds for me.

Mix in some football and top it off with the MST3K Turkey Day Marathon
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:28 am

I watched the Turkey Day Marathon, too! I hope they do it every year from now on. That is one tradition I would actually love to have. What were the first two episodes they showed? They started too early for me to be awake.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:21 pm

In keeping with my theme of being behind in viewing of watercooler type shows, I'm watching House of Cards on Netflix and I'm loving it. I should really be in bed but I just had to watch one more episode, y'know? But really I should be in bed. (It's 2.20am. This is no hour to be up marathoning a show).

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:30 am

I've been binging on K-drama after K-drama lately, and it's a really mixed blessing.  I really enjoy them and it's satisfying to have a complete story without having to worry about cliffhangers and filler and cancellation and a slow decline in quality, but at the same time if something is really amazing it sucks there aren't more seasons to enjoy.  Except Liar Game is getting a second season with that ending, right?  RIGHT??

Anyway, I started City Hunter yesterday because I would happily watch 20 hours of Lee Min Ho sitting on his couch reading a book, but thankfully it's turning out to be much more exciting than that.  I'm enjoying watching him getting his Revenge on.  His character's adopted father mostly did his revenge training, but I like to think he spent at least a couple months at Takeda's Japanese Revenge Summer Camp and that he and Emily Thorne are Facebook friends.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarryfan Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:04 am

Thanks to my sister I am now addicted to Love It or List It on HGTV. First, holy shit Toronto is an expensive place to live. Second, I do not understand some people's absolute demand to never change neighborhoods.

There are marathons on Monday that I DVR so I can binge when I get home. Send help...

Snarryfan

Back to top Go down

Post  katesti Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:59 pm

I watched SO MUCH HGTV while I was on maternity leave, and Love It or List It was the guiltiest of the guilty pleasures. Have you seen Love It or List It Too?

katesti

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarryfan Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:41 pm

Yes, but I don't love it as much. I love David and Hillary too much (not too much lead contractor Eddie and construction head Fergus). These people who want a new bedroom, bathroom, a finished basement, and a new kitchen all for $35k kill me. It's when they lose their minds when they find out their ceiling was about to collapse(!) but is now fixed but that means they can't get a mud room.

If I ever go house hunting I want David to be my realtor.

Snarryfan

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:04 pm

My husband and I are house hunting, and we are OBSESSED with HGTV. We like Flip or Flop. My husband has an irrational hatred of the husband on that team.
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:09 pm

My husband has an irrational hatred of the husband on that team.

Nothing is irrational about hating that douche!
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:13 pm

Snarryfan wrote:Yes, but I don't love it as much. I love David and Hillary too much (not too much lead contractor Eddie and construction head Fergus). These people who want a new bedroom, bathroom, a finished basement, and a new kitchen all for $35k kill me. It's when they lose their minds when they find out their ceiling was about to collapse(!) but is now fixed but that means they can't get a mud room.

Which is why I always find it a bit of an unfair fight. Hillary has a waaaay harder job than David does. She has to make miracles happen.

But yes, the Toronto's real estate market is ridiculously expensive. In my (albeit very nice) neighbourhood, houses that look very plain on the outside and are 1500 sq ft go for 1.5-2 million.
Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:08 am

I AM ALSO OBSESSED WITH FLIP OR FLOP. They are so annoying and yet...I like them. Kind of? I DON'T EVEN KNOW ANYMORE. All I know is that when they air 50 of those things in a row I cannot turn it off. Even though they make every single house look exactly the same.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:51 pm

I like Flip or Flop too. I saw a mini marathon of the show late one night. When does it normally air?

My favorite HGTV show is House Hunters International. It's just fun to see houses and apartments in other countries and I like laughing at the people who think they can get a four bedroom apartment in the city center for $1000 a month. Or those who want a modern kitchen with granite counter top and a six range stove in the old section of the city. Or those who want to live in the city but don't want to be too close to any neighbors.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:04 pm

Morning Angel wrote:
Snarryfan wrote:Yes, but I don't love it as much. I love David and Hillary too much (not too much lead contractor Eddie and construction head Fergus). These people who want a new bedroom, bathroom, a finished basement, and a new kitchen all for $35k kill me. It's when they lose their minds when they find out their ceiling was about to collapse(!) but is now fixed but that means they can't get a mud room.

Which is why I always find it a bit of an unfair fight.  Hillary has a waaaay harder job than David does.  She has to make miracles happen.

I know, right? Sometimes I wish it were just a show about renovations because I always get a little bummed when they list it instead of love it. I was so annoyed at the people who wanted their attic converted to another room and she did it and they were like eh nevermind. Even though I get it, in the end, more space is more space. Although she does get a decent amount of people to love it, I think.

But there was one episode a couple of weeks ago, the people had an old two family apartment house and while Hillary was renovating that David showed them some funky 70s/80s style house that just had the weirdest design and would obviously need renovation and it was out of their budget and yet . . . they still chose it. It was like the worst choice ever, they were better off waiting to find a better house. Anyone know what episode I'm talking about?

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:05 pm

biakbiak wrote:
My husband has an irrational hatred of the husband on that team.

Nothing is irrational about hating that douche!

Eh, he's okay. He's better than the Property Brothers. They're annoying cause you think they're hot at first, BUT THEY REALLY AREN'T. How dare they!

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:56 pm

Did anyone check out Ascension? I really liked the show and then I went to Previously and they crashed my high, lol.
Spoiler:
I'm going to stick with the rest of this miniseries.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  year of the cat Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:12 pm

My dad, who is still recovering from his heart attack, wanted to know when they would resume "The Story where the Lady gets Stuck in the Rock". "April" "It doesn't start again until April??? That's just TERRIBLE!" LOL at my dad being a rabid Outlander fan.
year of the cat
year of the cat

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:30 pm

"The Story where the Lady gets Stuck in the Rock".

I thought you were going to say Orange is the New Black.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  salamandersam Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:25 pm

year of the cat wrote:My dad, who is still recovering from his heart attack, wanted to know when they would resume "The Story where the Lady gets Stuck in the Rock". "April" "It doesn't start again until April??? That's just TERRIBLE!"  LOL at my dad being a rabid Outlander fan.

Does he refer to Jamie as "Red head in a kilt"?

salamandersam

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:04 am

So I've been binge-watching (as much as my schedule lets me, that is) Gilmore Girls on Netflix for the past month or so, since so many people seem to adore it yet I'd never seen a single episode during its initial run. I'm now on Season 4, and find I both kind of like it and hate it at the same time.

First of all, it's very watchable. Like, I can't stop, even when it becomes horribly annoying to me in all its forced quirkiness, and I'm ready to throw a shoe at my television. I think the main problem I have with the show is that I basically can't stand the character of Lorelei Gilmore (and Rory at this point isn't too far behind). And since she's the main character, that kind of sets the tone for me for the whole show. And the references within the show itself are so very dated, with characters who seem way too young to know, for example, the television shows, movies, and actors of the 1940's and 50's. But I do think the stories themselves are interesting, and some of the acting is really very good (exception: Alexis Bledel).

Is this a really unpopular opinion? I can't be the only one who can't stand Lorelei Gilmore and her rather unhealthy, co-dependent relationship with her daughter...can I?

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  year of the cat Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:26 am

sallamandersam wrote:Does he refer to Jamie as "Red head in a kilt"?
Stuff My Dad Says about Scotsmen! I don't think my dad is nearly as interested in the redhead, but he doesn't get why everybody can't get "stuck" like Claire.
year of the cat
year of the cat

Back to top Go down

Post  katesti Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:19 pm

Jude wrote:So I've been binge-watching (as much as my schedule lets me, that is) Gilmore Girls on Netflix for the past month or so, since so many people seem to adore it yet I'd never seen a single episode during its initial run. I'm now on Season 4, and find I both kind of like it and hate it at the same time.

First of all, it's very watchable. Like, I can't stop, even when it becomes horribly annoying to me in all its forced quirkiness, and I'm ready to throw a shoe at my television. I think the main problem I have with the show is that I basically can't stand the character of Lorelei Gilmore (and Rory at this point isn't too far behind). And since she's the main character, that kind of sets the tone for me for the whole show. And the references within the show itself are so very dated, with characters who seem way too young to know, for example, the television shows, movies, and actors of the 1940's and 50's. But I do think the stories themselves are interesting, and some of the acting is really very good (exception: Alexis Bledel).

Is this a really unpopular opinion? I can't be the only one who can't stand Lorelei Gilmore and her rather unhealthy, co-dependent relationship with her daughter...can I?

You nailed my issues. I was in the same boat - hadn't seen any of it when it started, all my friends love it - and also started binge-watching when it hit Netflix. It IS so watchable, but also I sort of hated it. Every time a new episode started, I'd be like, "Ugghhhh...oh, okay." I finally quit sometime in season 5? 6? Rory's sophomore year, I think, and I only stuck around that long because The Good Wife has given me much love for Matt Czuchry and I enjoyed being contrary (I really liked Logan). Lorelai and Rory both made me crazy, all the dudes - ALL OF THEM, including Jess and Luke and Richard - are terrible, and I finally just hit my wall with it.

(However, as a child of the 80s and 90s who grew up making the kinds of cultural references that the Girls do, that's about the only part I didn't hate.)

katesti

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:27 pm

I gave up GG sometime in the middle of season two because I found Lorelai to be such a self-absorbed selfish asshole that I just couldn't handle it anymore.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:35 pm

Jude wrote:Is this a really unpopular opinion? I can't be the only one who can't stand Lorelei Gilmore and her rather unhealthy, co-dependent relationship with her daughter...can I?

I've been binge-watching it too because it was one series that I had seen on and off.  I enjoy Lorelai, but I fully recognize her for the total mess that she is.  People who say they want to be like her or have a relationship like hers and Rory... Whaaaa?  If I had a real-life friend like her, I would probably find her fun to hang out with, but shake my head in dismay at how much drama she brings to her life and tell her she needs some intensive therapy.  Her love life is a total mess (I'm not going to spoil for you what happens in later seasons, but it gets even messier).  She says she wants a guy, but she sabotages herself time and time again.  I was always somewhat ambivalent about the popular ship (Lorelai/Luke) so that might be why I don't mind some of the messiness.   One of the features I appreciate of the later seasons is that the co-dependency between Lorelai and Rory does ease off a bit.  Lorelai tries to butt out of Rory's life, letting her make her own decisions, even if Lorelai personally disagrees with them.  Without spoiling much, there's a rift at some point between Rory and Lorelai, and while it's true that it messes somewhat with the flow of the show and the reason for the rift is somewhat infuriating, I appreciated the writers decided to go there.  

The worst idea this show ever had though: April.  Having rewatched the series as a whole, somehow, I hate that whole plot less than I used to because it eventually led to some maturing of  characters, but still... worst plot contrivance ever.
Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:47 pm

I couldn't stand Lauren Graham on News Radio so I really didn't like her in GG either or anywhere else but that Poker show, but I will say to GG's credit, I often felt like we weren't supposed to like Lorelai a bunch, and I *loved* Kelly Bishop torturing her.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next