Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Are You Watching

+60
Grainne Mhaol
ulkis
Snarryfan
Morning Angel
bookworm
eventide82
Gillian
mandalaya
bottle
Jordan Baker
xyzzy
Carriellie
mokey75
Corellderaan
pinguerin
izzypop
Coneycat
Kookla
Poubelle
mrinsouciance
Evil Lincoln
MaddyCat
mayram
BrightEyes
laddical
Binky
Gallifrey Girl
Agent Sculder
Melk
mialoubug
inversed
RiverThames
Carrie Ann
dionneshea
maxell131313
punzy
vwlphb
Raised by wolves
chibimanda
naughty zoot
Cynara
Putli Bai
Bad Username
caltrask55
puddingcup
Corvus
blixie
Jude
salamandersam
year of the cat
TiffanyNichelle
big chicken
Instant Monkeys
biakbiak
Unlucky Bear
katesti
QueenSix
Raksha
The Dude
punkysdilemma
64 posters

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

What Are You Watching - Page 2 Empty Re: What Are You Watching

Post  puddingcup Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:08 pm

Has anyone been watching Black Mirror? It's a British tv series from a couple years ago that's recently been released on US Netflix. Oh boy. They describe it as a Twilight Zone-like series on technology and the darker side of human nature. So it's horror, satire, sci-fi? I've just seen the first 2 episodes and it's disturbing but definitely gives you something to think about. There are only 7 episodes but I plan on watching them all, but only after the kids are asleep, and preferably when I can watch with another adult. It is totally feeding my ever increasing disappointment and disgust with social media - the news - politicians/govt.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:42 am

I've been watching the kdrama Soul late at night by myself lately, because apparently I hate sleep. It's a supernatural revenge drama about a high school girl who can see and interact with spirits and the psychologist/criminal profiler she is in an incredibly inappropriate relationship with (not sexual, but still). It's sad and disturbing and very good.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynara Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:39 pm

I'm upping my nerd cred by FINALLY watching Doctor Who. I only started Sunday and I'm already on Episode 8 of S1, and that's with work, actual sleeping, family, and church obligations mixed in. Yes, I've been on the internet for ten years so I know BIG SPOILER, but I don't know how or when and yes I will ugly cry and I love this show so much.

Cynara

Back to top Go down

Post  Corvus Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:06 pm

PuddingCup wrote:Has anyone been watching Black Mirror?
Just getting started. Halfway through episode one and I've concluded this show is going to be seriously destructive to my walls if I keep crawling up them.
Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:46 pm

Oh yay! I just finished watching all of the episodes (7 total), including the Christmas special released this month with Jon Hamm, and the series is great. So disturbing. I'm kind of a chicken, but do not recommend watching just before bed. I watched the episodes at night, then watched some silly comedies after to be able to fall asleep. The description I posted below: "Twilight Zone-like series on technology and the darker side of human nature" is spot on. The acting is terrific.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  caltrask55 Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:40 am

I just watched the first 4 episodes of Black Mirror. It's deliciously fantastic. Creepy with just the right amount of humor to make me chuckle a bit. My favorite was episode 3 of Season 1. That was some seriously fucked up shit that I could totally see happening in the future. I love that at the beginning of the episode I was all "We got to get this technology NOW" and by the end I was all "No fucking way do I want that technology". Excellent show all around.

caltrask55

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynara Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:51 pm

Just finished first episode of Season 2 of Doctor Who. Can already understand internet-wide Tennant obsession. Will report back later.

Cynara

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Username Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:49 am

Orphan Black. THIS SHOW. It's incredible, although I think it unravelled a bit in season 2. I missed a couple of episodes; number 8 of season 1 and number 1 of season 2, because I may have acquired it through alternative means. Helena's time with the Proletheans was super creepy, and I loved the clone dance party. And Mrs S is the best.

Bad Username

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:09 am

Bad Username wrote:Orphan Black. THIS SHOW. It's incredible, although I think it unravelled a bit in season 2. I missed a couple of episodes; number 8 of season 1 and number 1 of season 2, because I may have acquired it through alternative means. Helena's time with the Proletheans was super creepy, and I loved the clone dance party. And Mrs S is the best.
I freaking love Mrs. S.  Which was weird for me at first, considering how horrible a character she played on Downton Abbey.  I really need to get caught up with season 2.

I've been watching Veep during this holiday break, just got done with season 1.  HILARIOUS.  I'm so mad at myself for not jumping on board sooner, because there is something in every episode that makes me laugh hysterically, even if it's just a throw-away line.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Username Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:20 am

Yes! Veep is hilarious. It's a pity the seasons are so short. Maybe the short seasons are what keeps it so consistently good, but I want more, dammit!

Bad Username

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:38 pm

I've been using my valuable holiday down time to make some space on my DVR, and decided to finally breakdown and watch a show that has been languishing there for over a year. YOU GUYS! Why are there only thirteen episodes of Almost Human? Why didn't I watch it before? NEED MOAR!
Putli Bai
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynara Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:13 pm

Putli Bai, if only there had been more of us. I freaking loved it too. But let's face it, it's not like Fox has the best track record with offbeat SF shows.

Cynara

Back to top Go down

Post  eventide82 Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:39 am

I've been watching Veep during this holiday break, just got done with season 1. HILARIOUS. I'm so mad at myself for not jumping on board sooner, because there is something in every episode that makes me laugh hysterically, even if it's just a throw-away line.

I love Veep as well, I think it's been getting better every season. Julia Louis-Dreyfus is brilliant, and the ensemble cast work fantastically together. Also, I seriously covet JL-D's wardrobe. So many cute dresses!
eventide82
eventide82

http://boredomaboundsbyjulia.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:45 am

eventide82 wrote:
I've been watching Veep during this holiday break, just got done with season 1.  HILARIOUS.  I'm so mad at myself for not jumping on board sooner, because there is something in every episode that makes me laugh hysterically, even if it's just a throw-away line.

I love Veep as well, I think it's been getting better every season. Julia Louis-Dreyfus is brilliant, and the ensemble cast work fantastically together. Also, I seriously covet JL-D's wardrobe. So many cute dresses!

Agreed.  Season 3 was the best yet. It's a show that keeps getting better, partly because it's created through improvisation.  As the actors and writers have gotten to know the characters, it gets richer and funnier.  Armando Iannucci's previous series, The Thick of It, is the same.
Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:55 am

Watched the first 2 episodes of Black Mirror. Now I'm depressed and my husband hates me for making him watch.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:50 pm

Now that Christmas is over and New Year is here, I have another week to devote myself to House of Cards. (I just hope I don't go back to Guiding with the attitude of Frank Underwood - watch out Scouting Ireland local units, I'm a-coming to bring you down and get ALL the local funding!! Just kidding...)

I think it's got to be one of the first shows I've watched where I have absolutely no attachment to any of the characters and dislike some of them but dammit if I need to know what happens next. Luckily I'm just at the end of season one so I should be done with season two in time for the third one. I shall deal with any withdrawal then.

I am very fascinated with Claire Underwood. Characters like Frank can be found in practically every walk of life but I'm always interested as to why someone would hook up with a Frank Underwood and then why would they stay? I like the way the layers have been peeled off Claire as the season has progressed. She's no trophy wife or someone with a pet project to keep her busy while her husband does the governing. She's as bad as he is in her own way, and she has her eyes wide open in their whole marriage.

See, this kind of thing is why I hate when some shows just make someone the wife and then don't bother to tease out what being the wife to that particular husband means.

Also, you just know that Claire is hardcore when she comes home from a dressy fundraiser and proceeds to make a sandwich and make small talk, still her in her dressy dress and her Louboutins. She never kicks the shoes off when she comes home! I mean really! Definitely not one to be trifled with.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  chibimanda Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:06 am

I just mainlined all of the available episodes of Brooklyn 99 on Hulu, and I gotta say this show is great!  I distinctly remember seeing the previews for this show and thinking that it looked unfunny.  Like, not horrible, just completely blah.  But after just the first episode I was hooked.  I can't believe that it was promoted so poorly in the beginning!  I sure hope it sticks around, because shows that I start to watch and then love inevitably end up cancelled.
chibimanda
chibimanda

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:10 pm

I didn't catch B99 at first either but quickly caught up and it is hilarious.  

And Kwazy Cupcakes is an actual thing now.  Heeee.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:21 pm

I've been sick this weekend, which was the perfect excuse to clear out the DVR and catch up on some guilty pleasures, including Girl Meets World. I was super stoked to see Shawn Hunter show up in not one, but two(!) episodes! I was less stoked to see they obviously want to pair him off with second generation Shawn's single mom. Which, boo, Shawn & Angela 4eva. They already indulge in the adults' nostalgia way more than they have to, so this should not be a sticking point for me, but dammit, it is.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  vwlphb Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:27 pm

Did anyone watch Galavant? It was amazing. And it's just an 8 episode mini-series, which finished last night, so they're all on Hulu. It's snarky and funny, and very, very meta. The music is by Alan Menken, and there are tons of guest stars like John Stamos, Weird Al, Anthony Stewart Head, Ricky Gervais, Rutger Hauer, Downton Abbey's Sophie McShera and Hugh Bonneville. Also Timothy Omundson from Psych plays King Richard, which kind of blew my mind.

(Also the guy who plays Galavant looks like he could be Michael Fassbender's younger brother, which doesn't hurt.)

ETA: Just watched the season/series finale - they should probably prepared another ending to air if it looked like it won't be renewed, because sadly it looks like it won't be renewed.

Last edited by vwlphb on Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

vwlphb

Back to top Go down

Post  punzy Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:42 pm

I am halfway through. It is kind of amazing!

punzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:28 pm

I really, really enjoyed.  There's not enough fluffy, fun, good quality TV like that.  I was hoping it would be renewed but it seems like no one is watching it.
Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  vwlphb Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:47 am

Also is anyone else watching The Nightly Show? I like it, but I love the Keep It 100 part of the episodes.

vwlphb

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:21 pm

I really liked Galavant. It had me laughing out loud more than a few times and the music was good. I had no idea Sophie McShera had such a lovely singing voice. I'd love to see it renewed, maybe as a summer show for about the same length of time, but I guess the ratings weren't very good. Shame.
maxell131313
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynara Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:04 pm

I LOVED Galavant! I watched it with a bunch of friends in one big marathon session. I think the problem is, like, the people who like this kind of thing LOVE it and will make every effort to watch it, but overall there just aren't enough of us.

Last night I sort of randomly decided to watch Sirens on USA, which I had never seen or heard of. It's a sitcom about EMS/police in Chicago, except it's on USA so there's more swearing. I was so pleasantly surprised--it is hilarious. I set my DVR to season pass.

Cynara

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next