Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baseball

+22
nazlan
biakbiak
Shadowlass
Never Enough
The Dude
lil d
Luciano
naughty zoot
nikita
mokey75
Carrie Ann
bosoxgirl
Poubelle
maxell131313
sobe
Miss Moneypenny
dinahmoe
curryalley
blixie
mrinsouciance
filwdork
jcpdiesel21
26 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Baseball   - Page 2 Empty Re: Baseball

Post  bosoxgirl Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:33 pm

Ugh McCarver I have to deal with today? UGH one part of baseball I do not look forward to. Yutz..

Seriously. It's like "Yay! Baseball's back!" and then, "Oh, Buck and McCarver. How I did not miss you."
And then Ken Rosenthal chimed in at some point with this gem, "Regardless of the manager, what the Sox really need is to have a good start to the season." Really, Captain Obvious? Ya think?

bosoxgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:34 pm

IDK at point McCarver said with nobody on and two out for the Sox, that the situation had "fallen in his lap" (I think it was Saltalamacchia) I'm like dumbass that saying does not mean what you think it means. Sometimes cliches are okay Tim really, "now it's all up to blank" works.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  curryalley Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:36 pm

I'm putting this here because he doesn't have his own thread, it's baseball related and you have to be a baseball fan to get how adorable this is. Josh Hutcherson threw out the first pitch on Reds' Opening Day (apparently, he bounced it) but before he threw, he looked an IMAGINARY runner on first back to the bag.

Also, the Diamondbacks are the last undefeated team left in baseball...for another couple of hours, at least. I am pleased. Carry on, gentlemen.

curryalley

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:03 pm

Well, that was precious.

Meanwhile, my Twins have already broken my heart. I guess it's nice to get it out of the way early. Now I know how this is going to go, and I can just grit my teeth and get through the next five months.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:17 pm

Bobby Valentine just referred to Josh Becket giving up 5 home runs in 5 innings during his first start as "a minor bump in the road." I don't want to know what he'd consider a big bump.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:34 pm

Aw, I really like Bobby Valentine, but that team is a hot mess (although I think still very capable of being competitive).

There is a great piece in USA Today on Tigers/Wings owner Mike Illitch that full on made me cry. I love that man like whoa, just such a GREAT person, and so unfailingly committed to his love of Detroit. That his front office is fully 50% compromised of minorities and women makes him only awesomer.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:58 pm

Bobby Valentine is delusional. I am really starting to dislike him, his muppet face and his giant choppers.

In other Red Sox news, the front office continues to suck. I can't believe they'd give Francona shit for not wanting to come celebrate with them after they leaked information to the press implying that he's a drug addict and that his marriage was breaking up. They're the worst. It's like they go out of their way to make this team unlikable. My poor husband is having an identity crisis right now, because he really can't stand them (with individual exceptions, like Pedroia). I think it hurts his soul a bit. We watched the last two outs of the Phillies game last night, and I swear he had tears in his eyes watching Papelbon in a Phillies uniform.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  dinahmoe Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:34 pm

Larry Lucchino is literally the devil. I went to a MLB reception years ago, and immediately after being greeted by the man with a big hug, I was served a canape so hot that I had a blister on the roof of my mouth for the next two weeks.
dinahmoe
dinahmoe

Back to top Go down

Post  curryalley Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:45 pm

Poor Jacoby's on the DL. I like him and now I feel bad for him.

curryalley

Back to top Go down

Post  bosoxgirl Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:36 pm

So who had Patriots Day in the "How soon will Bobby Valentine say something dickish about one of his own players?" pool?

Last edited by bosoxgirl on Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total

bosoxgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  curryalley Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:39 pm

Other people I feel bad for: the Sand Diego Padres. Who somehow manage to hit into a triple play on a foul ball.

curryalley

Back to top Go down

Post  dinahmoe Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:47 pm

bosoxgirl wrote:So who had Patriots Day in the "How soon will Bobby Valentine say something dickish about one of his own players" pool?
I LOVED Dustin's response. Little dude takes no shit. I bet they are missing the HELL out of Tito right now.
dinahmoe
dinahmoe

Back to top Go down

Post  bosoxgirl Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:42 am

bosoxgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:55 am

Ha! I love it, bosoxgirl.
It can't be a coincidence that the offense scored 0.0 runs yesterday. Also, maybe he should stop thinking about what he's going to say on his 87 shows and pay attention to what's happening on the field. Bard had a giant pitchfork in his back by the time they took him out yesterday.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  bosoxgirl Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:45 pm

Also, maybe he should stop thinking about what he's going to say on his 87 shows and pay attention to what's happening on the field.

Seriously. Does he really need a new show on NESN? Is anyone thinking, "Oh, cool. Another venue in which Bobby V. can express his opinion"? Also, I have to say that while I have seen and heard some crazy shit in all of my many years as a Sox fan, I never expected to hear anyone call out Kevin Youkilis on a lack of intensity.

bosoxgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  bosoxgirl Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:37 pm

Did anyone watch the 100th anniversary celebration at Fenway this afternoon? My god, it was very dusty in my living room while I was watching. I should do something about it that. It really was very moving to see so many great players on the field at once (plus Jose Canseco).

I will not speak of the game that followed.

bosoxgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  dinahmoe Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:14 pm

I was at work, so I didn't get to see it, but this is glorious. I will never not love Kevin Millar. I think he and Petey started "practice toasting" a couple of hours in advance.
dinahmoe
dinahmoe

Back to top Go down

Post  bosoxgirl Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:50 pm

I was at work, so I didn't get to see it, but this is glorious. I will never not love Kevin Millar. I think he and Petey started "practice toasting" a couple of hours in advance.

dinahmoe, Millar definitely did; not sure about Pedro. Pedro was in the booth a few innings into the game and seemed to have sobered up but was very excited and proud to be there. Full disclosure: I love Pedro more than I love most of my family.

bosoxgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  nikita Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:39 pm

Echoing the sentiments on the Red Sox front office/Lucchino is the devil.

Every time I see Bobby V in the dugout with his hands in his pants, I want to punch him in the face. Well, I want to punch him all the time, but especially then.

What a mess this team is. Yesterday's game was a travesty.

nikita

Back to top Go down

Post  dinahmoe Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:50 pm

bloomtoperish wrote:

What a mess this team is. Yesterday's game was a travesty.
Ugh. When Fox cut away to the CWS/Mariners (PERFECT! yay!) game, my sister kept saying, "I bet were going to come back to find the NYY scored a bunch of runs in the meantime."

Yep.
dinahmoe
dinahmoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:10 pm

bosoxgirl wrote:Full disclosure: I love Pedro more than I love most of my family.

This is accurate for me as well. He is a treasure.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance Fri May 11, 2012 7:46 pm

Red Sox' Josh Beckett a clueless, defiant egomaniac

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Fri May 11, 2012 7:55 pm

mrinsouciance wrote:Red Sox' Josh Beckett a clueless, defiant egomaniac

...zero Red Sox fans are surprised by this revelation.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Fri May 11, 2012 9:10 pm

I haven't followed baseball for a long time and I decided this would be my year to start up again with the Sox, but they are making it oh, so very hard.
If he cared about Valentine, a manager who more than anything needs an ally, Beckett would've recognized just how much the golf outing subverts the manager's authority.
This kind of thing makes me think he's doing all this on purpose, specifically to undermine Valentine.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  Luciano Fri May 11, 2012 10:43 pm

Beckett's always been an egotistical asshole. He was a prick to McKeon too. He made the situation with Francona worse. He knows his value, he knows that chances are that nobody is going to do anything about him, so he's just going to continue on his merry, Popeye's bucket-covered way. Now he's getting the chance to spread that work ethic that players like Buchholz.

I haven't followed baseball for a long time and I decided this would be my year to start up again with the Sox, but they are making it oh, so very hard.

Yeah, from what I'm reading online and hearing on TV/radio, a good chunk of Sox fans are saying that while they love the Red Sox, they really, really can't stand this particular team.

Luciano

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum