Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Walking Dead

+48
Fiammetta
Luciano
dday515
choubetcha
swsa
shanndee
Binky
Snarryfan
Shalamar
LadyGayle
BrightEyes
bbridges
CaroJC
chick binewski
salamandersam
dionneshea
violetq
QueenSix
Raised by wolves
Crackie
mandalaya
FiggyPudding
bookworm
The Dude
MaddyCat
jensa
Wildog27
josie
xyzzy
ActonBell
Matinee
spidey_88
CherryFlame
nikita
punkysdilemma
Bad Username
Cynara
gannetguts
truecrystal
biakbiak
themis
queenofdenile
RiverThames
MichiSichi
laddical
naughty zoot
sagitare
jcpdiesel21
52 posters

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

The Walking Dead - Page 24 Empty Re: The Walking Dead

Post  vwlphb Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:54 am

I agree, Binky, I'd like to see our major characters back together. This half-season was very disjointed since nobody was interacting with each other, and a show like this is more about the characters interacting than random zombie nonsense. Also since there are so many characters who they want to give a moment in the spotlight, when they're all separate you end up not seeing characters for episodes at a time.

I really liked Deanna, and even though I knew she'd die sooner or later, I would have liked to see her on the road with Rick & co.

I do not understand Morgan. He's basically willing to kill Carol to save a sociopathic murderer who gleefully proclaims he'll kill again. I mean there's zen peaceful things, then there's accessory to murder. Morgan needs to own up to the fact that every single person killed by someone he let go is on him. And until/unless that happens, I am so sick of Morgan and want him to go away.

Overall I am sick of whiny, annoying, obstructive characters. Shut up Ron, shut up Sam, shut up Morgan, shut up Enid. (It's like a frustrating version of good night moon.)

Also, every time we see baby Judith, I keep thinking Lori must have cheated on both Rick and Shane, because no way are either of them the dad of that blonde baby.

vwlphb

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:35 pm

I liked the episode? I'm very confused. Don't get me wrong, there were still a lot of things wrong with it, but really, I thought it was shot well, acted well, there were some emotional moments that were earned, and the final action sequence was fantastic. Really, the best fight scene they've had since the episode where Hershel died. Maybe the best of all time.

I really enjoyed what the did with the Wolf. That they had him crazy, but kind of bonding with Denise, only to save her when push came to shove. Which lead to her saving him when he needed it, and then when Carol shoots him, him taking down a walker to save her one last time. It served well to prove that neither Carol nor Morgan are completely in the right, but they're not completely in the wrong either.

Everything with Rick's family group was predictable but I still liked it. I am kind of sad that Carol will never know it was her driving Sam nuts that caused him to lose it and get him and his mother killed. I really loved Rick seeing the horde coming, knowing that they wouldn't be able to keep them out and that if they couldn't Carl would die, and single-handedly taking the fight to them. I loved Michonne absolutely desperate to go out there and help him, but taking the second to help Denise before kissing Carl on the forehead and running into the fray. I loved the end scene, so reminiscent of the second season, with Rick holding Carl's hand by his bedside, wanting to show him life could be good, too. I thought Andy Lincoln was great last night.

There were a couple of nitpicky things. Are you really expecting me to believe that with like 8 people in Negan's gang, NONE of them were watching Daryl and their guy at the back of the truck? It's not like they were out of sight completely. If nothing else, they should have been able to see their friend hit the ground. Are you expecting me to believe that in that spray of bullets, they got all of the walkers surrounding Glenn, including the ones right on top of him, but they didn't hit Glenn, too? (I really did think he was goner there. Due in large part to the fact that I had a dream last week that I was in the Walking Dead and Glenn died from falling off a cliff.) And I'm also shocked that everyone who was left went to fight, but none of them died. You'd expect at least one Alexandrian to go down.

Still, all-in-all I thought it was solid. I hope this lasts.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:48 pm

I liked it and won't miss Jessie's crazy kids at all. However, TWD often has strong season openers and then proceeds to a boring death march til the next explosion in the season/mid-season finale.

But at least everyone's back in one place. Maybe Glenn can have some interactions with non-Alexandrians. Like, Daryl? It would make me happy if Daryl/Carol/Rick/Glenn/Michonne had dialogue and were in the same camera shot for more than two seconds.

I also don't care if Glenn has ridiculous plot armor, he needs to live. However, my caring about him living lowers if he only has scenes with Enid.

Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:47 pm

I would argue that TWD mid-season premieres have been historically weak. Season 5 was the confusing, nonsensical killing of Tyreese. Season 4 was that episode of Michonne being nuts again and then getting it together (which wasn't bad) with the TERRIBLE Carl eating pudding and being a giant douche to his half-dead father story. Season 3 was maybe the strongest when Daryl and Merle are in the fighting pit, but ends with Rick seeing Lori's ghost and losing it on Tyreese's group. Not stellar. And Season 2 was the aftermath of Sophia coming out of the barn with Beth going catatonic after seeing her walker mother and Hershel heading in to town for a drink.

I would also like Team Family to interact with each other. I really do think it must be a budgeting issue. Like, they can't afford to have all of them in the same episode more than three or four times a season. Otherwise, I don't understand why they always have them all come back together just to split them up immediately.

And I forgot to mention in my last post, that while Glenn is still my boo, Aaron is climbing up the charts quick. Ross Marquand is hot like fire. (Oh, and speaking of hot like fire, did anyone watch Talking Dead? That Wolf cleaned up NICE.)
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:16 am

Um that opening.. Made me think I missed a few episodes ...good episode all in all

ETA they are a bit wasteful on the show they leave a good car for a truck etc
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:58 pm

I LOVE Rick and Michonne, and have been yearning for them to become a couple since "Clear" in the third season, so last night's episode made me VERY, VERY happy. They were so cute and giggly and happy with each other. Loved it!

Did anything else happen? Oh yes, Rick and Daryl on their run. Is that why Rick and Daryl don't go on runs together? Are they just kind of shit at it when they're both there? I only know broad strokes comics stuff, so I have an idea of who Jesus is, but I don't really know. But I did enjoy that story line.

I'm kind of over Enid. I wanted to like her. To be honest, I still do, but I don't really get what her deal is, and I have no time for mopey teenagers. I kind of feel the same way about Spencer, though the Deanna thing was a bit heartbreaking.

That's two episodes in a row that I've liked. Are they turning this suck boat around?
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:43 pm

dionneshea wrote:I LOVE Rick and Michonne, and have been yearning for them to become a couple since "Clear" in the third season, so last night's episode made me VERY, VERY happy. They were so cute and giggly and happy with each other. Loved it!

Did anything else happen? Oh yes, Rick and Daryl on their run. Is that why Rick and Daryl don't go on runs together? Are they just kind of shit at it when they're both there? I only know broad strokes comics stuff, so I have an idea of who Jesus is, but I don't really know. But I did enjoy that story line.

That's two episodes in a row that I've liked. Are they turning this suck boat around?

This is the first episode in a while that I've wanted to rewatch (and not for wtf happened maybe if I watch it again it'll make sense reasons). I adore Richonne, and she's been mom to his kids since "Clear". But aside from that, it also reunited the characters I care about: Rick and Michonne, Michonne and Carl, Daryl and Rick. Enid and Spencer (I had no idea who he was or what his relationship was with anyone, so I'm glad they spelled that out), I could have lived without. But the core characters I care about! Doing stuff! That hasn't happened in a long ass time. And limited zombie jumps. Amazing. All it needed was more Carol and Glenn.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  BrightEyes Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:59 pm

BrightEyes

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:58 pm

An ultrasound machine? And he actually typed Maggie as if to differentiate between the other thirty patients he had?!?!
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:48 pm

MichiSichi wrote:An ultrasound machine? And he actually typed Maggie as if to differentiate between the other thirty patients he had?!?!
A review of last week's pointed out that they had a video baby monitor at Rick's house, so somehow wifi is still working in Alexandria. This show doesn't always make a whole lot of sense.

I kind of thought this week was largely boring. I do like that in her fifth season of the show, Maggie is finally getting a story line outside of her relationship with Glenn. And I liked the cute bits with Rick and Michonne. I hate the new guy's hair and beard. I was shocked that he was actually attractive on Talking Dead. It's not even that I hate long hair and beards, it's just that his looks so fake. It might even be real, but something in the way they're styling it makes it look terribly, terribly fake. Maybe that's just me.

Also, I don't care about Abraham or his relationship problems, and him waffling between women who both deserve better than him isn't endearing him any more to me.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:06 pm

He said on Talking Dead that it was a only week from casting him to the start of filming, so he had hair extensions and a fake beard.

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:52 am

Yeah Jesus hair looks fake but maybe to make him look like the real character or maybe that's what real hair looks like if you don't comb it ( my kids can attest to that haha ) .

I feel bad for Rosita I hooe they don't make this the storyline with Carol and Lori...speaking of Carol where did she go?
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:19 am

dionneshea wrote:
A review of last week's pointed out that they had a video baby monitor at Rick's house, so somehow wifi is still working in Alexandria. This show doesn't always make a whole lot of sense.

Setting up an internal network (i.e., something that the baby-monitor components could talk to each other over) wouldn't be hard at all, as long as you have power. You just need a wireless router. There's very little reason to do that without a wider internet for that router to connect to, but if you have things in the house that need wifi to talk to each other, that ain't hard.

speaking of Carol where did she go?

I'm presuming she and Morgan haven't moved from staring each other down for weeks.
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  vwlphb Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:27 pm

dionneshea wrote:Also, I don't care about Abraham or his relationship problems, and him waffling between women who both deserve better than him isn't endearing him any more to me.
100% this. Give those show minutes to Carol or Daryl or really anyone else.

I love Rick and Michonne together. It's making me kind of worried for Michonne though, between anyone ever being happy being a bad sign and her conversation with Carl about how he would put her down if she turned, because it should be someone who cared about them. I did enjoy the refreshingly non-angsty conversation between Rick and Carl about the relationship.

Also Rick being drenched in blood, calming looking around and saying, "What?" is nearly the perfect summation of this show where it's at right now.

vwlphb

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:08 am

Haha " the saviors are scary but this pricks got nothing on you"

I don't get the Abraham scene

I liked this episode a lot especially Carol and the cookie...each episode scares me because I don't know what to expect of Negan ( and I love JDM) . The whole scene where they kill people - should these people not be weary enough not to sleep so tight anymore ? I would wake up and I don't live in a zombie apocalypse.

Glen and the photographs...
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  mayram Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:00 pm

MichiSichi wrote:Haha " the saviors are scary but this pricks got nothing on you"

I don't get the Abraham scene

I liked this episode a lot especially Carol and the cookie...each episode scares me because I don't know what to expect of Negan ( and I love JDM) . The whole scene where they kill people - should these people not be weary enough not to sleep so tight anymore ? I would wake up and I don't live in a zombie apocalypse.

Glen and the photographs...

Ha, that line was my hands-down favorite of the episode. The expressions on both of their faces were perfect too, Rick was all "what? what'd I do?"

Another scene that made me laugh out loud was Tara standing in the kitchen with a gigantic plate strategically placed in front of the heavily pregnant actress' stomach.

I also had the same thought about people sleeping so soundly as multiple people entered their room and stood over them with knives, I wake up when a cat walks into my bedroom...

Pretty intense episode.

mayram

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:34 pm

As someone who once literally slept through an explosion in my backyard, followed by fire, police and ambulance showing up with their sirens going, I sympathize with the heavy sleepers. Of course, now that I'm older, I wake up when a Prius drives down my street. But then, I'm not tiring myself out everyday by raiding unsuspecting zombie apocalypse survivors. I imagine that would make for some deep sleep.

When Abraham said that line about Rosita not being the last woman left in the world, I may have said aloud, "Way harsh, Tai." Like, what a dick. Are we supposed to still like him? When Father Gabriel is proving to be a cooler, better person than you are, it's time to do some self-reflection.

Oh, Glenn. My poor boo. However, I'm shocked he had yet to take a human life. I thought he'd at least killed some Woodbury folk.

The Carol stuff was interesting. Seeing her feeling the weight of all the lives she's taken is the most real thing they've done with her character since Season 3. And I liked her with Tobin. He has a nice Tyreese quality about him (the gentle giant thing) and I always wanted her and Tyreese together, so I appreciate this.

The only thing I was majorly annoyed with was Maggie going on the raid. Like, yes, I get wanting to pull your weight and all that, but you're growing a human. There were plenty of people already going. Think about your priorities. And her and Carol getting kidnapped was almost inevitable. As soon as Carol said she was staying back with Maggie, I knew they were going to be taken. Maggie is a Greene after all. It wouldn't be the Walking Dead if a Greene didn't get kidnapped.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:40 am

I love Carol
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:48 pm

I love Melissa McBride and what she can do with some really uneven writing. That being said, I finally feel like they're bringing Carol around to an understandable place again. Which makes me think that they're getting ready to off her.

I think I would have enjoyed Alicia Witt a little longer on the show. They were pretty heavy-handed in her parallels with Carol, and I think I would have enjoyed a more subtle battle over a length of time, and a more subtle reveal that they were essentially the same person.

Maggie was pretty ruthless last night, which was kind of amazing. I'm not sure how much I buy it, just because we've never gotten to see that change with her. The problem with her story always being only about Glenn and their relationship is that I'm not sure we've really gotten a clear picture of how she's adjusted to everything. Is her being a cold-blooded killer in keeping with her established character? I'm honestly not sure.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:20 pm

dionneshea wrote:I love Melissa McBride and what she can do with some really uneven writing. That being said, I finally feel like they're bringing Carol around to an understandable place again. Which makes me think that they're getting ready to off her.

I am also afraid of this, except I am comforting myself that her loss would leave a really unfillable hole in terms of character for Rick to bounce off of and Daryl to be vulnerable to (unless they kill Daryl off, too).

My guess is that Maggie and the second post-apocalyptic baby are going to die, because that's the level of the TWD brutality. Also Abraham or Rosita.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:54 am

I doubt Maggie will die as in the comics she just goes and lives in the hilltop community...but then again instead of killing Glenn they may just make him suffer
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:47 pm

Awesome death...

Last edited by MichiSichi on Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  BrightEyes Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:09 pm

Can you put that stuff behind a spoiler cut, please? I don't want to read anything about the finale.

BrightEyes

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:10 pm

Why is everyone on the show so dumb?

If Carol had thought about it for, oh, five seconds, she would have KNOWN that despite her request, they would have come after her. If Daryl had thought about it for five seconds, he would have KNOWN that the others would come for him. And yet off they both go, dragging out all the good fighters to chase after them. Daryl falls for a trap, gets shot, and he's gonna get someone killed. And you know what, for being that dumb, I hope it's him. I truly do. No one else should have to die because of his dumb ass.

There were things I liked in this episode. I liked the Michonne and Rick scene in the beginning. He's still a human being when he's around her. And I did like his talk with Morgan, because I can see both of their sides to the argument. I'm starting to dislike Enid a little less as her interactions with Maggie increase. They better not do anything to the Gleggie baby. The show needs cute little half-Asian babies. And Judith will need some peers in the future.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:33 pm

Carol I can buy as too messed up mentally to fully grasp that she'd be pursued.

Daryl is a moron, but the BIGGER morons are the idiots that went after him. He's Daryl, not, say, Judith. He'll likely be fine and if not...well..see point one: moron.

I still think Maggie is gonna die precisely so they don't have to add a second baby. Her, or one of the ones I won't care about.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next