The X-Files

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The X-Files - Page 5 Empty Re: The X-Files

Post  Morning Angel on Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:44 pm

I had quit by the last season of the show (once it wasn't the Mulder/Scully show, I was not that into it), but I would be lying if I said I wasn't a bit excited at the idea of getting 6 or 12 new adventures with Mulder & Scully.  I'm ambivalent because 1) so many of the great writers that were part of the team are busy elsewhere, 2) some of the crap that happened toward the end of the series cannot be made to unhappen (i.e., William, the dead Lone Gunmen,...) & 3) it must be mythology-free.... Chris Carter, don't you dare bring that crap back.  It ended up making no sense.  But Mulder & Scully, paranormal chasers? Yay?  Yay!
Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel on Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:40 pm

Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude on Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:39 pm

I will never be able to hear Twilight Time again without thinking of those inbreds
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:43 pm

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken on Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:02 pm

PLEASEDON'TBEMYTHOLOGYPLEASEDON'TBEMYTHOLOGYPLEASEDON'TBEMYTHOLOGYPLEASEDON'TBEMYTHOLOGYPLEASEDON'TBEMYTHOLOGY

Is there a chart somewhere outlining the people who worked on X-Files and went on to do big things on other shows/movies? I personally believe X-Files was one of the most influential shows of the 90s but I've never quite looked into the extent of its influence.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel on Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:30 pm

big chicken wrote:PLEASEDON'TBEMYTHOLOGYPLEASEDON'TBEMYTHOLOGYPLEASEDON'TBEMYTHOLOGYPLEASEDON'TBEMYTHOLOGYPLEASEDON'TBEMYTHOLOGY

Is there a chart somewhere outlining the people who worked on X-Files and went on to do big things on other shows/movies? I personally believe X-Files was one of the most influential shows of the 90s but I've never quite looked into the extent of its influence.

I don't that there is a chart, but it is certainly one of the shows that had the most influences on dramas of the late 90s/2000a in terms of the people who worked on it & went on to create tons of stuff after it.

A lot of Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul people all met through The X-Files or got their start there.  Vince Gilligan got his first TV writing job there & that's where he met Bryan Cranston & Aaron Paul when they both had guest starring roles.  Many writers, producers, directors & technical people, people like Michelle MacLaren, Tom Schnauz, John Shiban, Kelley Dixon; they all went through X-Files.

Frank Spotnitz too got his start on XF, and he has created a lot of series since then, most recently, he's working on The Man in The High Castle for Amazon.

You also have Howard Gordon and Alex Gansa, who then went on to create 24 & Homeland, and XF was one of their first shows.

Rob Bowman who directed a lot of the episodes & the first movie has been an executive producer on Castle for many years.

Glen Morgan & James Wong have also done the Final Destination movies & many TV series since XF.

And so so many guest stars (one of my lists out there). (I didn't know John Hawkes played that creepy, creepy guy Philip Padgett who becomes obsessed with Scully in Milagro. Seems par for course!)
Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  wenchsenior on Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:44 pm

Much like my response to the news that broke today that Scorsese is indeed planning to do Macbeth with Ken Branagh, I am cautiously optimistic.

wenchsenior

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical on Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:50 pm

wenchsenior wrote:Much like my response to the news that broke today that Scorsese is indeed planning to do Macbeth with Ken Branagh, I am cautiously optimistic.

HOW IS THAT NOT THE TOP HEADLINE ON EVERY NEWS AGGREGATOR EVERYWHERE RIGHT NOW?!?!?
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys on Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:05 pm

Oh, guys. OHHHHHHHH, GUUUUYYYYSSSS. I'm so happy about this. Of course I have reservations, but I'm so happy. X-Files with reservations is so much better than none X-Files.

The XF fandom has been tiptoeing around this for the past two months and now has just exploded in pent-up relief and excitement. We were afraid...we were afraid to believe.

I want to see an assload of social-media silliness from David and Gillian, now that social media exists. I'VE EARNED IT. I, PERSONALLY, HAVE EARNED IT.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Grainne Mhaol on Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:29 pm

It's been floating around in the ether for a bit, so I'm not surprised, but cautiously optimistic like you, Wenchsenior. The X-Files was my first real TV obsession and my first (and still all-time favourite) ship. It was the moment when fandom met the internet for the first time in a big way (remember the great shippers versus NoRomos wars? Ah, the memories). It was a seminal show for me for many reasons and holds some wonderful memories. I remember watching Jose Chung From Outer Space with The Glen and the rest of my family while eating cream sponge and laughing ourselves sick (and in our house, a bit of happy family TV time was a welcome change). I love this show with all my heart, even though I did abandon it towards the end when everything went screwy with the Supersoldiers and whatnot.

I Want to Believe showed that the magic had evaporated somewhat after so many years absence, so I'm a little nervous about this new incarnation. The original series was so redolent of 1990's paranoia and fear of technology - I'm fascinated to know how the new world of global war and mass spying will feed into the new stories.
Grainne Mhaol
Grainne Mhaol

http://foodcultureinireland.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:59 pm

and my first (and still all-time favourite) ship. It was the moment when fandom met the internet for the first time in a big way

Oh lord yes, I still remember the first "Relationshipper" site I found, and God I'm terrible fan because I can't remember her name but she was BNF of the day, but she had short capsule reviews of the "shippiest" episodes with heart ratings, and I remember I hadn't yet seen Paper Hearts (this was during 100 Days of the X Files on FX) and it had five out five big red hearts. I was almost disappointed when I finally saw it.

I actually liked I Want To Believe, but it was far from the best of the Files, so I'm cautiously optimistic to see it back on the medium it was made for in the first place, hopefully that keeps CC keep the writing tight and that the new stories are fresh/inspired. I mostly welcome all the D and G fuckery in promoting it. Bring it on!

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent Sculder on Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:23 am

Count me as another cautiously optimistic person. I have to say, mostly I'm interested to see what they'll do with a six episode run. Like others here, TXF was one of my first TV obsessions. The first few seasons of the show are STILL good TV watching. Here's hoping Chris Carter can bring some of that magic.

And on a shallow note, I am also happy it is coming back because hopefully that means Gillian Anderson will be going red again. She looks fine with her natural blonde hair, but I just miss the glorious Scully red.

Agent Sculder

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys on Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:42 am

blixie: Kipler? I think she had a "relationshippers' guide." Or Paula Graves?

I hope Gillian's hair doesn't FALL OUT when they try to dye it red (which they better do), it's so fried/overbleached lately. NOT THAT I AM SHALLOW OR A STALKER.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:39 am

Ha yeah after her wearing it blonde for years it's only the last two years I think it looks good on her, but it is a little fried.

Ah it's not Kipler, Kipler was later, this was like AOL dial up graphics, I can SEE the webpage hearts in my mind the only part I can't recall is the name. Heh. I know there is also a Gertie? It might have been her.

ETA: apparently David responded to Gillians tweet "Mulder, it's me, are you ready?" with "I'm ready G woman."

I DIE.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann on Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:43 pm

I haven't rewatched any of this show since it aired, because those last seasons were so...ugh. I barely watched after Mulder left; just caught a few eps here and there with my superfan friend, and watched the finale. I've never seen the second movie.

But it's weird because I still feel like such a huge fan, because I loved it so much in its prime. And basically all I want is for the series to feel like that, but everyone is a little older and now there is SEX. Ahem. But I was so pleased with how well the VMars movie worked for me, that I have hopes for this. Especially since they said it will be more self-contained eps with some mythology on the side. That's my ideal mix.

(Also, yes, Gillian and David should totally use this time to just FWB it up. If they're not already.)
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel on Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:33 pm

blixie wrote:
and my first (and still all-time favourite) ship. It was the moment when fandom met the internet for the first time in a big way

Oh lord yes, I still remember the first "Relationshipper" site I found, and God I'm terrible fan because I can't remember her name but she was BNF of the day, but she had short capsule reviews of the "shippiest" episodes with heart ratings, and I remember I hadn't yet seen Paper Hearts (this was during 100 Days of the X Files on FX) and it had five out five big red hearts. I was almost disappointed when I finally saw it.

Was it Autumn Tysko's reviews? (I can't believe I was able to pull her name out of my memory.) Or the site that went along with Idealists Haven, which was one of the main shippers site (and the place where I used to hang out.)

As much as I'm unsure about what the show will be like, I love the renewed fondness for the show on Twitter and Facebook, and Gillian and David being cute. It makes me nostalgic and happy.
Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys on Mon May 11, 2015 9:07 pm

Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys on Wed May 13, 2015 1:19 am

Um soooo, David Duchovny did a concert in NYC tonight (he has an album out if you're not aware of that -- long story), and Gillian Anderson came onstage for the last song and sang with him, and um, they kissed, two times? Sooooo I don't know if they're just teasing the fans or what, I truly don't. Also today David said something about how funny it would be if they had an X-Files band and Gillian could play the tambourine, and then a few hours later there she was playing the tambourine. So I'm probably going to need to kill him. So, yeah. I'm a little incoherent right now. (Someone also asked him the other day about a relationship between him and Gillian, and instead of his usual answer of "We see each other occasionally if we're in the same city and we email once a year or so" or "We don't really socialize" [OK, he hasn't said that in years actually] he said something like "I don't see it happening, but I've been wrong before." SO WHO KNOWS I DON'T KNOW.)

Source: all of Tumblr, which is currently on fire. (FYDG is generally pretty reliable/level-headed.) (Nobody is level-headed right now though.)

Also, the mainstream media.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann on Wed May 13, 2015 1:25 am

I reblogged three Tumblr posts with pics of this event in the span of an hour, so, um, yeah I also enjoy their friendship and am glad that they are friends and sometimes kiss and maybe they should just start doing it more? If they aren't already? I mean, whatever they want to do is fine.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Wed May 13, 2015 9:19 am

Haha, oh you two, I see your marketing strategies for Hannibal/Aquarius/X-Files reunion. I dearly love the degree they are willing to go to fuck with me, please continuing fucking with me.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel on Wed May 13, 2015 10:41 am

blixie wrote:Haha, oh you two, I see your marketing strategies for Hannibal/Aquarius/X-Files reunion. I dearly love the degree they are willing to go to fuck with me, please continuing fucking with me.

That was exactly my feeling. I see absolutely what they're doing... DD wanted exposure for his CD launch & they have all these upcoming shows, and I'm sure this will work. I don't even really care because my inner 15-year-old enjoys it.
Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann on Wed May 13, 2015 1:08 pm

Same. I feel like I'm actually watching a performance--like a TV show about a TV show being revived--and I'm shipping characters named Gillian and David, and it is SO FUN that I just never want it to end.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys on Wed May 13, 2015 1:20 pm

I JUST DON'T EVEN KNOW. Hand to god, when I first saw it I was like "Well, fuck. They actually ARE a couple, after all these silly rumors, and they are coming out of the closet so they don't have to bother with hiding it during filming." 100%. Then later I was like "That is OBVIOUSLY NOT WHAT'S HAPPENING; they're just being friendly and cute and happy with each other and goofing around and playing it up for fans."

Now I just honestly don't know. I do not. I really don't think now that they're actually a couple. I DON'T think they're JUST doing it for publicity though? Like I don't think it's all an act. They just look...too happy. I think they're getting more comfortable being affectionate with each other and at the very least I think this is another level of that and I'm loving that. They've been getting steadily less stiff around each other since the 2007 movie and now they are...like this.

It's certainly not going to HURT the publicity. You lucky bastards, Fox.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Wed May 13, 2015 1:32 pm

I really don't think now that they're actually a couple. I DON'T think they're JUST doing it for publicity though? Like I don't think it's all an act.

I think they are at the very best place they have ever been in their long professional and yes *personal* relationship, and are enjoying the hell out of each other to whatever highly to non-existant sexual degree (HEE) and are not at all above using this new found comfort with one another to sell the hell out of their various projects. I would not be surprised if they have been the secrety secret couple of rumors for the last few years, nor would I be surprised that they are no more than the complicated and newly affectionate exes I have always believed them to be.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann on Wed May 13, 2015 2:54 pm

blixie's thoughts are my thoughts. I think they genuinely love and enjoy each other, and they seem so much more comfortable with themselves, with their careers, with the whole game now. Now whether they...love each other, like, with their body parts, I cannot guess. But I like to ship it now because it feels harmless while they are both single, and a great way to pass the time until January!
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum