Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Live Music

+26
darthtall
Swarley
sunni94
sixchooks
draco vulgaris
Paris, Texas
jstilwe
chibimanda
Menshevixen
The Dude
dday515
Miss Moneypenny
Escape
Nedsdag
blixie
choubetcha
Sheli
Instant Monkeys
Crackie
jcpdiesel21
mokey75
gannetguts
whatthedeuce
dinahmoe
TiffanyNichelle
dionneshea
30 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Live Music - Page 3 Empty Re: Live Music

Post  whatthedeuce Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:51 am

It's finally the big weekend! Seeing the Black Keys tonight and then Florence + the Machine on Sunday! EEEEEEEEEEK!!!!!!!!!!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:42 pm

Guys, I saw Sir Paul McCartney in concert last night. It was AMAZING. He sang for three hours, and was wonderful for all three. He sang the best Wings songs, my favourite Beatles songs, and some great new stuff. Easily one of the best concerts I've ever been to. Also, I saw a Beatle. I'm pretty chuffed about that.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:11 pm

Oh, I bow down to you. How lucky you are to get to see he one and only Macca live!!!!!!!

I saw Two Door Cinema Club last month, and their music is infinitely better live, which is crazy because their songs already sound excellent on their records. It had to be the most joyful and upbeat concert that I've probably ever been to. So many people were bopping along and dancing to the music!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:17 pm

I saw Lady Gaga live last night, and she is an insane performer! Her voice is spectacularly strong and vibrant, and her super quick costume changes astounded me! I think it's brilliant that she really takes time to speak to the audience and let them know how much she appreciates her fans. I only went to the show because my mom didn't want to go alone, but I've been converted. I'm officially a proud monster now! I lost my damn mind when "Judas" started up. God, that song is so awesome!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:49 pm

NKOTB, Boys II Men, and 98 Degrees are touring together, and calling itThe Package Tour.
Because I am 12, the name is making me giggle. And also because I am 12, I am seriously considering going.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  choubetcha Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:18 pm

I'm going to see Jeff Mangum next month! Maybe more importantly, I have almost disposed of my extra tickets to see Jeff Mangum next month, which I bought in a panic because I was worried it would sell out.

choubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post  dinahmoe Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:21 pm

Just ordered Ozomatli tickets for myself and Moneypenny! I am positively giddy and excited for this show! And it's at a venue within walking distance to my house! April can't come soon enough.
dinahmoe
dinahmoe

Back to top Go down

Post  jstilwe Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:37 pm

Soooo super tempted to fly to NYC to see the Prince tribute concert at Carnegie Hall next week. D'Angelo! Maya Rudolph! Elvis Costello! The Roots! Blind Boys of Alabama! D'ANGELO.

I mean, this is what I've been saving air miles FOR, right?

jstilwe

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:25 am

Depeche Mode is coming in Sep! I am patiently waiting for the pre-sale to pounce on my ticket!!

There is a CBC Music Festival in May that looks pretty good: Sloan, Sam Roberts, amongst others. Unfortunately, I have too many expenses, so I can not buy tickets until late April (hopefully).

Back to top Go down

Post  Paris, Texas Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:44 am

Bruce Springsteen could get it. He could totally get it.

Top 3 shows I've seen, ever. I cried when ESB played THE RIVER.

Paris, Texas

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:45 pm

Little Mix is playing a free live show tomorrow evening about 20 minutes from where I live, but sadly, nobody knows who they are, so I may have to go alone. Being alone in crowds is really not my thing, but it's FREE, and their music is SO MUCH FUN.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  draco vulgaris Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:37 am

How awesome are Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds? SO AWESOME. I drove 800 miles to see them* and they did not disappoint. Actually I didn't pay much attention to Bad Seeds, as I was too focused on Nick Cave. The man is nine feet tall, weighs approximately ninety-one pounds, performs like a demented cross between a tent-revival preacher and an exotic dancer (there was a lotof hip-thrusting going on), and is generally charismatic as fuck. It's very difficult to not pay attention to him.

Nick got very up close and personal with the audience. There were a couple of crates shoved against the railing separating us from the stage, one near me and one on the other side of the theater, and he spent half the show perched atop one or the other. He touched me twice (!!!). I'm pretty introverted and have Views about personal space, but he was right there in front of me, making eye contact with me and extending his hand, so I reached up and he took my hand and held it for a bit. Later on he was kneeling on top of the railing and grabbing various shoulders for support, one of which was mine. At one point he grabbed a girl's hand and pressed it against his chest, and all the other girls nearby took that as their cue to start groping him. I held back because of the aforementioned Views, but it occurred to me afterward that he probably LIKES it when girls touch him. Now I regret not copping a feel when I had the chance.

*Actually, I drove 800 miles to see my sister and go to her graduation ceremony, but I ponied up 500 bucks for a hotel room so I could stay for the concert, instead of driving back to Podunkville and having to make the trip again a week later.

draco vulgaris

Back to top Go down

Post  sixchooks Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:23 am

My last six months in live music have been pretty joyous. Last fall I saw Leonard Cohen, Regina Spektor, and the Monkees - all fantastic for their own reasons. I caught Keane at Austin City Limits Live in January. I've lived in Austin for 5.5 years now but never really ventured into SXSW; this year the bug bit me HARD and I got to see Robyn Hitchcock (solo) from three feet away, plus Ozomatli from a similar distance. All so great!

But the real excitement is that I just got $5 tickets to see Bon Jovi on April 10th. So I'm in need of the "This is bullshit, where's Tico Torres?" story - didn't we have a Snarkfest wiki at some point? :)
sixchooks
sixchooks

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:54 pm

Guess who is NOT going to see Depeche Mode!

I completely forgot they were going on sale to the general public today! LOL!

I was busy taking a practice test (in preparation for my real exam this week).

Despite this, I am not disappointed. DM is incredible and seeing them back in 2009 is a good memory =)

Back to top Go down

Post  dinahmoe Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:08 pm

moneypenny and I went to see Ozomatli the other night, and they did a ska-tinged cover of "Just Can't Get Enough." It was quite unexpected, and hilariously awesome.
dinahmoe
dinahmoe

Back to top Go down

Post  jstilwe Fri May 03, 2013 12:31 am

I had the extreme pleasure of catching Prince and his new three-piece female band (2 guitarists and a drummer) at the Joint in Las Vegas last week. He's in the final stretch of a club tour, with a much harder rock vibe than he's been doing in recent years, and it was AMAZEBALLS. He was clearly having a lot of fun; the focus was on his guitar playing, and it was the best I've ever seen it. Here's a sample of how he's reinterpreting some of his hits, although the version I saw last weekend had a good bit more energy than the version at that link. If you can catch a show, do. (I think he has San Diego, Anaheim, Denver, and Minneapolis left.)

jstilwe

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Fri May 03, 2013 10:49 pm

I saw Prince back in college and yet barely recall anything about the show. I think there were purple balloons raining down at the end. He was great and energetic, I'm sure but my memory of the night is so shoddy!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Menshevixen Thu May 09, 2013 11:26 am

I'm seeing Opeth this weekend AT LAST and cannot wait. Their most recent album was glorious.
Menshevixen
Menshevixen

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Thu May 09, 2013 4:57 pm

I was gonna go see a music festival so badly, but I have no money to splurge for tickets and accomodation. Must see Paul McCartney performing at Outside Lands. MUUUUUUST.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  dinahmoe Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:48 pm

Saw Beck on Friday, and he was AWESOME! Hadn't seen him since 99, he's only gotten better. The best part for me was that his backing band included Roger Joseph Manning Jr. and Jason Falkner, who made up half of Jellyfish, which is my favorite band ever. Never thought I would get a chance to see those two onstage together, it was like DREAM BAND! I emailed Roger the next day (we had corresponded in the past) to let him know how awesome it was to see him and Jason playing together. Today, this was in my inbox..

" Thanks Meaghan! So glad we were able to share this w you. Will let Jason know. Take care, [[[roger]]]"

Giddy.
dinahmoe
dinahmoe

Back to top Go down

Post  sunni94 Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:14 pm

NSYNC is rumored to be perfoimf at the VMA's. I will cut a persone I'd this turns out to not be true. I have no shame when it comes to my love for those boys.

sunni94

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:37 pm

I really hope that performance happens because I was a seni-closeted Nsync fan back in high school. Their "Tearing Up My Heart" performance at the VMAs was one of my fave ones ever.

As to this thread and my own upcoming live shows, I'm super excited to see Local Natives and Ra Ra Riot on consecutive nights next month! They're two of my fave bands, and I haven't seen either since '10. I'm also going to see the Lumineers at the Greek a few weeks afterward, so it's a big musical month!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Swarley Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:53 pm

That rumor is the only reason I'm going to watch tomorrow so if it's not true I will be very unhappy. That being said I was a Backstreet Boy fan when I was a teenager. Because everyone knows you can only like one boy band at a time. It's like, a rule.

Swarley

Back to top Go down

Post  darthtall Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:26 am

I just got back from seeing Neko Case, with The Head and The Heart opening. SO GOOD. It was at an outdoor amphitheater here in town, and the weather was perfect, and aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh so great!

darthtall

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:50 pm

I had an amazing time at the Local Natives show, but it was so fristrating standing yet again behind someone really tall. She and her friend didn't even seem to be into the music so I wish they'd just sat down the entire time so I could have had a vastly better experience. My sister and I were gonna be goddamned before we let another show get spoiled by tall folks though so we made sure we were at the very front the next night for the Ra Ra Riot gig. We were up against the barricades, and we had a perfect view of the band and even got to high-five the lead singer when he jumped offstage!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next