The Good Wife

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Good Wife - Page 4 Empty Re: The Good Wife

Post  blixie on Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:33 pm

I think L&G and now F&A are always dancing on the edge, it's the nature of working with someone like Bishop.

And I in no way believe that Cary facilitated heroin running so I'd like to see what's happening here and what the supposed taped evidence is. I do like that Kalinda's first instinct was to help him and that everything else is thrown by the wayside as Florrick Agos rallies to his side.

I loved it all, though I wondered if focusing an episode around Cary Agos broke each and every one of the Kings' fingers. I am also not buying that he's on that tape, either the tape has been edited by the CI, or I read a theory it's the OTHER Cary on the tape. Though we did see Kalinda with Sophia after she might have heard it so you'd think she'd know Cary's voice.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  katesti on Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:22 pm

THIS SHOW YOU GUYS. I watched all five seasons in, like, two months (I pump a lot and my baby has some not-sleeping issues), and now I have to wait every week like the rest of you chumps.

Matt Czuchry broke my heart into a million tiny little pieces about twelve times this episode, but especially Cary's dawning realization as Bishop's dude was explaining that he was actually going to have to cut him, and then as Kalinda walked right past him in the hallway at the end. Really wonderful stuff from someone who didn't get enough to do last season.

katesti

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy on Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:25 pm

The taped evidence has to be Carey Zepps, one of the fourth years who jumped ship with Florrick/Agos.
xyzzy
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm on Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:38 pm

I vaguely remember a scene where Cary was hypothetically telling some of Bishop's goons something. Nice tie in, show. Bishop is such a complex character. Him being a doting dad is particularly jarring because I like him when he's yelling at the ref, and then BOOM he kills someone.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi on Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:38 am

I just love this show so much ....question do we know Elizabeth has ADHD I don't remember if it was mentioned.
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle on Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:10 am

So if Cary lives "10 minutes" from Indiana, that means he must live on the South Side. That is not something I would've expected from him. (Yes, that was my main takeaway from the past two episodes.)

I really, really like Alicia's relationship with Finn Polmar. I wouldn't mind if the writers decided to put them together romantically/sexually, but I think their friendship is great. And it's so nice to see Alicia have an actual friend again, since apparently she can't even share the screen with Kalinda (when was their last non-phone conversation?).

The whole thing with Elspeth and Kyle MacLachlan's character was the most ridiculous thing ever. (I actually really enjoyed their first episode together, where he's expecting she'll fall at his feet because he's a guy who's spent his life looking like Kyle MacLachlan, and she shuts him down.)

I could barely watch Alicia's cringe-y interview because quite frankly, I would be exactly that awful.
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi on Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:51 am

Ok so please explain the white card - which I understand was some kind of test for Kalinda ?
And why is Dr. Evil no longer running... and if he is no longer running can he please stop the Cary hunting?
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:29 pm

Ok so please explain the white card

Dude the fuck if I know, that was such a weird scene. Because she was going to go through with it, and then they emphasized her looking at Lana's FBI ID, as if she had an "aha!" moment. I mean maybe looking at Lana's face made her reconsider helping Lemond Bishop track her via the card and possibly murder her. But like you're sleeping with her, that should have been enough to not consider it in the first place.

Someone suggested it was RFID and could have been used to clone her ID? I've also seen speculation that it was a test, because Lana is actually doing what Cary is being accused of, working for Bishop.

I feel so bad for Cary, I do think she reciprocates his feelings and is mostly sleeping with Lana to gather intel on Bishop, and help him out with this whole mess, but she sees how unglued he is enough to risk going to jail by breaking the 30 foot rule, so to get his head on the game she shut him down entirely. I loved that between her and Alicia's bit of tough advice love, it worked. He really does value them both so much. SNIFF.

Otherwise it was good to see Alica in good lawyer mode, and I like her and Finn, and exasperated Eli.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi on Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:16 am

Archie Panjabi is leaving the show? Wonder how they will write that one out - her taking the fall for Lemond to save Cary?
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea on Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:54 pm

Cary, noooooo.

Oh, that last scene with him and Alicia. So good. I love those two together. Not in a romantic sense. Never in a romantic sense. Just friends and partners who really love and care about each other.

I was so sure that he was going to get offed by Lemond Bishop at any given point. It was so effing stressful. And Kalinda, too. It's all too tense!

And the thing with Alicia's note... Why didn't they just tell the truth that it was a joke that was never given to the teacher. For a threat to be a threat doesn't the actual person have to receive the threat? Isn't that what makes a threat a threat?
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm on Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:14 pm

Who would have thought that Cary would become the show's moral center? His character has grown so much since the first season.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  katesti on Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:54 pm

That might have been my favorite episode of this show. I loved what they did with the structure, how we spent each act in the life of someone who wasn't part of our core cast - it really hit home how Cary's life and death issue was just a background to everyone else's "real life."

There's definitely more going on in the SA's office, though. I want more Castro - I was a little frustrated with how quickly and easily he disappeared from the SA race, and he clearly still has some strings he's hoping to pull.

UGH no more episodes till JANUARY is terrible.

katesti

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi on Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:01 am

I feel bad for pine...I can't stand her character and she works under Dr Evil.
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  katesti on Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:44 pm

I liked Geneva a lot when Cary was in the SA's office, and I wished they'd done a bit more with her and Peter's hiring-white-folks issues. I don't get the sense that she's fully on board with Castrol's eeeeeeeeeeeevil, and I would love to see more about that. Plus, it's always great to see Chris Jackson (at least the second In The Heights alum to make an appearance on TGW), even if they don't let him talk.

katesti

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi on Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:46 pm

So I watched again and decided that the plea of guilty was there after he agreed to testify against Bishop or am I just hoping that he stays on somehow?
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarryfan on Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:17 pm

I am speculating that Castro's eeeevilness and corruption is uncovered (perhaps by the jilted cop or the jilted Mr. Pine) but Alicia can't do anything because she's Cary's partner blah blah. I think she then gives it to Prady and he reveals the corruption and eeeevil in the SA office's and in doing so she gives him the win. She gives up her race to save Cary--and then Eli's head explodes.

Then she has sexy times with Finn.

Snarryfan

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi on Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:42 am

What an episode !
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi on Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:53 am

Only me posting to myself ? This episode frustrated me.
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance on Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:58 am

I still watch this show faithfully, but I'm about 3 episodes behind at the moment.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea on Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:04 pm

I know Archie Panjabi wanted to leave, but I wish they had picked another way for her to go out. Doing so many blatantly stupid things just doesn't seem like her. And as much as I love her and Cary as a couple, her giving up her whole life to save his doesn't sit well with me either. And add to that, the whole thing happening because Diane grabbed the file off of her computer without even speaking to her about it before presenting it in court, it's just all so dumb and coincidental.

I am curious to see where Alicia goes next. And I'm continually fascinated by her and Peter's weird relationship. They totally have an affection for each other, despite how shitty he's been as a person. And she's not entirely an angel either. I don't want them together necessarily, but I do think her relationship with him is way more interesting than her relationship with any of her paramours, including Will.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarryfan on Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:54 pm

I would watch the hell out of a show where Alicia was Colin Sweeney's lawyer and they had wacky hijinks each week.

Snarryfan

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm on Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:11 pm

I don't find Peter that bad, honestly. Yeah, he was horrible at the beginning of the show, but I like how he's grown as a character.

She'll probably start her own small firm, and Lockhart/Agos will want to join with her eventually.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance on Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:24 pm

Snarryfan wrote:I would watch the hell out of a show where Alicia was Colin Sweeney's lawyer and they had wacky hijinks each week.

Few actors do the unctuous slimeball better than Dylan Baker.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl on Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:32 pm

Snarryfan wrote:I would watch the hell out of a show where Alicia was Colin Sweeney's lawyer and they had wacky hijinks each week.

I loved that he was the only client that was going to follow her at the end!

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Sat May 16, 2015 12:13 am

EW (and TV Line) are both reporting the hyped, two shot reunion of Kalinda and Alicia, was as most people suspected faked via split screen splicing.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next