Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upcoming Films

+96
UmaOprah
Kookla
Esme
Gilraen
choubetcha
eventide82
mandalaya
PrincessCleo
katesti
year of the cat
themis
truecrystal
Snarryfan
GoodbyeWithWords
chibimanda
mialoubug
Gillian
Carrie Ann
Coneycat
Sheli
mayram
bookworm
slmader
chick binewski
Arabella
Morning Angel
wenchsenior
easybreezy
Skyblade
Grainne Mhaol
Lurker
TiffanyNichelle
Rhilin
Agent Sculder
Cynara
The Dude
Menshevixen
particle_person
Crowbridge
Matinee
sen3
Cutebutpsycho
Fiammetta
Jude
Lady V
elleth
Case
ulkis
Eris Rising
draco vulgaris
rivki8699
epudom
GeneralErin
QueenSix
BreezyK
MtOlivePickles
puddingcup
tothemax
The Glen
ActonBell
Red Wolf
blooey
Raksha
Paris, Texas
naughty zoot
Luthien
curryalley
punzy
big chicken
dionneshea
sagitare
dinahmoe
Francie Nolan
Unlucky Bear
maxell131313
Miss Moneypenny
laurelin_kit
mrinsouciance
mokey75
Poubelle
laddical
whatthedeuce
bbridges
punkysdilemma
inversed
Kiran
Putli Bai
Instant Monkeys
jstilwe
Esseilte
jcpdiesel21
biakbiak
RiverThames
blixie
queenofdenile
swsa
100 posters

Page 4 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 25  Next

Go down

Upcoming Films - Page 4 Empty Re: Upcoming Films

Post  The Glen Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:25 pm

Kiran wrote:I will fully admit to irrationally loving Keira Knightly and especially her work with Joe Wright so I am excited for this.

The age thing doesn't bother me though. Shes 26. That works for me for having an eight year old.

I suppose you're right. She's permanently about eighteen in my head.

It's just that she's in every single period movie nowadays, whether she's right for it or not. I just can't see her in the role. I'm equally baffled by most of the other casting.

The Glen
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:28 pm

I liked her in A Dangerous Method. It was period but a nice change of pace for her I thought.

I think her next movie is a modern day comedy with Steve Carrell. I am kind of interested in that, because I agree with you she does a lot of period, although her last couple of movies (London Boulevard and Never Let Me Go) haven't been.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:44 pm

OMG is she seriously the ONLY young English actress who can play that part? SERIOUSLY?

I don't hate her, and I've never read Anna Karenina, but apparently she really is the only English actress who can play the lead roles in adaptations of classics. Jesus Christ.
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:18 am

Dude, Tom Stoppard is doing the adaption? Color me intrigued.

(Though I am also getting weary of Kiera Knightley in Everything Period Ever. I don't even mind her acting that much, but c'mon, surely there's someone else who could give it a go?)
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  curryalley Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:26 pm

curryalley

Back to top Go down

Post  MtOlivePickles Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:31 pm

I have heard some... interesting things about Wither, but I still don't know if I totally get it. I did not know that Aly and AJ Michalka had a production company, either.

MtOlivePickles

Back to top Go down

Post  BreezyK Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:52 pm

I'm putting this here because it hasn't come out yet.

Will Women see Girl with the Dragon Tattoo?

I have been pretty sure that I'm not going to see it, based on the reasons outlined in the comments - it's one thing to read about a graphic rape (or skip over that section of the book) and quite another to see it depicted onscreen.

BreezyK

Back to top Go down

Post  curryalley Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:20 pm

I haven't read the books (and know nothing about them) but I was planning to see the movie - possibly because I don't know about the plot. The moviedoes look grim.

curryalley

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:11 pm

I don't think I'll be going to see it. I haven't read the books and I don't know anything really about what happens but it's just not appealing to me at the moment. Which is a pity because I do like Daniel Craig. I might change my mind when it comes out on DVD though.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:05 am

I am unsure right now whether I will see the American versions. I've read the series and have seen the first two Swedish films. I think I'd be more interested in seeing the newer movies if there was a bit more time between them and the Swedish versions, but right now I don't see the point in immediately revisiting the series. Plus, Noomi Rapace was so perfect as Lisbeth the first time around, and it's hard to envision Rooney Mara equaling or topping her.

I am a sucker for stories taking place during wartime and usually love movies that have to do with horses or are centered on them, but every trailer and commercial that I've seen for War Horse bores me to tears.
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:18 pm

There's that old argument that there's no such thing as an anti-war movie, because putting war on screen inherently glorifies it. I feel like that holds true for rape as well. (In the comments of the linked article, someone called Phdiva makes a really good case as to why Fincher is probably not your guy for a sensitive depiction of sexual violence.)

I am curious about the story, but don't want to slog through the book--especially since I've heard it really needed some editing, particularly the first chunk. I think I may just wind up watching the Swedish version.

(Also, as far as this weekend is concerned, if I see any new movie, it's going to be Sherlock Holmes.)

jcpdiesel, I also found the trailers for War Horse remarkably blah. But it's getting some great reviews from critics I would not expect to like the sort of movie the trailers seem to be advertising, so I'm wondering if it's just a bad trailer.
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralErin Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:56 pm

I will be home for a week after Christmas, and I'll probably take my mom to see both War Horse and We Bought a Zoo. I'm actually very interested to see WBAZ, I love Matt Damon and the trailers make it seem like it has some funny moments. My mom will just love War Horse. I'm not particularily keen on seeing it, because I think it will lose a lot from the stage version. But I'll get good-daughter points!

GeneralErin

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:04 pm

jcpdiesel21 wrote:I am unsure right now whether I will see the American versions. I've read the series and have seen the first two Swedish films. I think I'd be more interested in seeing the newer movies if there was a bit more time between them and the Swedish versions, but right now I don't see the point in immediately revisiting the series. Plus, Noomi Rapace was so perfect as Lisbeth the first time around, and it's hard to envision Rooney Mara equaling or topping her.

I just watched the Swedish one this week, and really liked it. I think you're spot on about why not to see the American one. The only point in its favor is knowing that Fincher will do some dynamic and interesting things with it. But, yeah, I'm not seeing Mara doing a better job than Rapace did at all.
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:43 pm

I think my thing is while I liked the first one, and loved Rapace, I was not a fan of the sequels. I'm almost more interested to see what Fincher will do with those.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:12 pm

I agree that the short time between the two versions is what's putting me off seeing this one. I think the American version will benefit from Daniel Craig. I liked the actor in the original for sure, but compared to Craig, he doesn't really stand out on the screen. Craig has such a presence and weight on the screen that your eye is drawn to him, and that alone will make the character more of a factor in the film. I mean, Lisbeth is such a forceful and visually arresting character that I think either everyone else blends into the background or you have the actors step up and hold their own with the character. Daniel Craig will definitely do that.

As for Rooney, I have trouble reading her performance as anything other than copying what Noomi did before her, not only because the two movies are so close together but also because Noomi so inhabited that character and brought her to life that it’s hard to let someone else into that space. Watching Rooney in the trailer was like watching someone who’s basically imitating Noomi as Lisbeth rather than creating her own Lisbeth. While I can easily see what Daniel Craig could bring to his character, it’s very difficult for me to see what Rooney can do with Lisbeth that Noomi didn’t already do so brilliantly. Again, with more time between the two movies I could more easily separate the performances and judge them on their own merits, but right now I could only watch the trailers with such déjà vu - I had already seen it all before, almost shot for shot. And I liked the first movie a lot (the other two weren’t as good, IMO) so I just don’t find I have a big pressing need to see what they’re going to do with this one.
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:36 pm

In the hopefully this means this will not be an upcoming film department Buffy reboot project ditches script and is looking for a new writer.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  epudom Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:09 pm

Simon Pegg has been tweeting today about heading back to the US for the next 6 months to work on the Star Trek sequel. I guess we can expect the film in the summer of 2013, right?
epudom
epudom

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:43 pm

According to this, 17 May 2013.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:02 pm

This Means War is probably made of shenanigans, but how can I not go see something that pretty.

And is it me, or does the woman in the photo NOT look like Reese Witherspoon?? Her face looks wrong to me.
Putli Bai
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:21 pm

She looks like Rebecca Romijin.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:23 pm

She looks like a combination of Reece and Jennifer Anniston there.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:26 pm

Who cares? Chris Pine and Tom Hardy in pinstripes with guns! The only thing that could be greater is if this actually were and adaptation of "Spy vs. Spy".
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:43 pm

laddical wrote:Who cares? Chris Pine and Tom Hardy in pinstripes with guns! The only thing that could be greater is if this actually were and adaptation of "Spy vs. Spy".

I wish there was some way I could see it on the big screen without sound, so I can make up my own dialogue, because I have the feeling it's going to look great but be idiotic.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:37 am

"Why is she listening to that old man?" BRILLIANT.
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:48 am

Miss Moneypenny wrote:
laddical wrote:Who cares? Chris Pine and Tom Hardy in pinstripes with guns! The only thing that could be greater is if this actually were and adaptation of "Spy vs. Spy".

I wish there was some way I could see it on the big screen without sound, so I can make up my own dialogue, because I have the feeling it's going to look great but be idiotic.
They should've taken a page from the Spy vs. Spy cartoons and done it without words.
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 25  Next