Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Podcasts and iTunesU

+42
blixie
violetq
jstilwe
katesti
Francie Nolan
mialoubug
Carrie Ann
naughty zoot
jennlynnster
darthtall
Bad Username
eventide82
mokey75
Morning Angel
Author By Night
Snarryfan
Kiran
mo pie
choubetcha
TiffanyNichelle
Never Enough
Wildog27
laurelin_kit
puddingcup
salamandersam
ActonBell
Matinee
harvey the penguin
Raksha
sobe
Auroura76
vwlphb
bookworm
Putli Bai
Instant Monkeys
tothemax
xyzzy
biakbiak
bbridges
Jasmine
arol
VodouDoll
46 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Podcasts and iTunesU - Page 2 Empty Re: Podcasts and iTunesU

Post  Raksha Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:54 pm

I've been devouring Druidcast lately. It's the official podcast of the Order of Bards, Ovates, and Druids and it's got a great variety of stuff, mostly but not exclusively from OBOD members. They've got all different kinds of music, poetry, and straight up classical storytelling, as well as interviews and recordings of lectures on all kinds of subjects. It's all really interesting and the host, Damh the Bard, is totally charming.

I still don't know what the fuck an Ovate is, though.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:45 pm

Putli Bai wrote:
I'd also like to officially announce that I'm breaking up with Kevin Smith. I've ranted about it elsewhere, but I'm up to my tits in his sophomoric, misogenistic, bullshit. He needs to shut up for at least three years.

He caused the worst ever How Did This Get Made by just rambling about tangental stories he's already apparently told everywhere else, and derailing the fun ragging on Wild Wild West. I don't think Mantzoukas called anyone in the movie a dum-dum even once. Even once!! God. Shut up, Kevin Smith! We need a maximum amount of Mantzoukas rants and you're stifling all other conversation! I wish they had stepping in more to keep things on track, but I think they were being overly respectful or whatever. Blah.

However, I've decided that they absolutely have to have John Hodgman as a guest some week - he just talked on his podcast about having never seen Crank 2 (it came up when some guy who was annoyed at his girlfriend's taste in films listed it as his favourite) and I decided that was a podcast crossover that has to happen. Maybe if Crank 3 is ever an actual thing.

Also on How Did This Get Made, I've probably listened to the 88 Minutes episode about 10 times and it just gets funnier. Pete Holmes can be annoying elsewhere and his laugh kind of grates but the whole bit on bobbling the phone gets me in hysterics every time.

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:57 pm

He caused the worst ever How Did This Get Made by just rambling about tangental stories he's already apparently told everywhere else, and derailing the fun ragging on Wild Wild West.

Seriously, that long rambling Jon Peters story had no payoff.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:15 pm

I'm glad it wasn't just me that was irritated by this episode. Normally I love How Did This Get Made, but Smith's self-involved stories weren't funny or interesting and had almost nothing to do with the movie.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  bbridges Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:36 am

I also want Kevin Smith to never come back to How Did This Get Made. He can tell those stories on one of the approximately twelve million podcasts he hosts.

Moving this here from the Chris Evans thread so as not to hijack.

salamandersam wrote:Doug Loves Movies is superfun, and the panel play for a prizebag for an audience member.

bbridges, what did you think of the Pete Holmes, TJ Miller, and Jeff Garlin episode?

As a one off I liked it but I'm so glad that isn't the way the show is every time. The other recent episode with Bobcat Goldthwait where they almost didn't get to play the game was great though. I can't say I had an opinion on Bobcat Goldthwait prior to his press tour for his last movie but that podcast and a few other interviews with him were so fascinating.
bbridges
bbridges

Back to top Go down

Post  salamandersam Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:09 pm

I had only known Bobcat as the guy from the Police Academy movies but hearing him on podcasts was revelatory. He's so funny on them.

I love Pete Holmes but he's destructive to the format of DLM whenever he's on. Before that, I never thought anyone would be worse than TJ Miller in regards to aggravating Doug. But I always enjoy him on the podcast and his getting The Devil Wears Prada wrong with every name is one of my favorite moments.

I've been listening to The Champs with Neal Brennan, Moshe Kasher, and DJ Dougpound. Their focus is on interviewing black comedians and actors, a lot of whom have never been on a podcast before. I enjoy the frank talks about their relationship to women and admitting that they are, in fact, led around by their dicks. I haven't subscribed yet, though.

salamandersam

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:56 am

I liked the tale of how Nerdist got Tom Hanks to do the show and the podcast that resulted!
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:09 am

That is cute, but what am I missing? Does Tom Hanks have a thing for classic typewriters?

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  laurelin_kit Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:00 pm

Yes, he collects them.
laurelin_kit
laurelin_kit

Back to top Go down

Post  Wildog27 Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:39 pm

I literally just listened to this and it was a riot. If Tom Hanks is as genuine and nice and hilarious as he seems, we need to clone him right now.

Wildog27

Back to top Go down

Post  VodouDoll Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:23 pm

Question: do any of you guys use a podcast app like Downcast or something? What benefits does it have over just downloading podcasts from iTunes?

VodouDoll

Back to top Go down

Post  Never Enough Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:31 pm

Matinee wrote:
Putli Bai wrote:I'd also like to officially announce that I'm breaking up with Kevin Smith. I've ranted about it elsewhere, but I'm up to my tits in his sophomoric, misogenistic, bullshit. He needs to shut up for at least three years.

He caused the worst ever How Did This Get Made by just rambling about tangental stories he's already apparently told everywhere else, and derailing the fun ragging on Wild Wild West.

Super late to reply to this, but I started downloading "How Did This Get Made" after reading these posts about it and FINALLY got to the Kevin Smith/Wild Wild West episode.

Half way through the Jon Peters story (what? 10 minutes in? good god) I totally lost track about what was going on and the point of Kevin Smith talking about a Superman movie. THAT STORY WOULD NOT FUCKING END!!!

Though I did eventually figure out what the hell the point of it was. heh

How Did This Get Made, I've probably listened to the 88 Minutes episode about 10 times and it just gets funnier. Pete Holmes can be annoying elsewhere and his laugh kind of grates but the whole bit on bobbling the phone gets me in hysterics every time.

My favorite so far is the Catwoman episode. The constant screaming of "How are we not talking about the one-on-one basketball scene?!?!?!?!?!" still cracks me up.

Never Enough

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:46 pm

Never Enough wrote:
How Did This Get Made, I've probably listened to the 88 Minutes episode about 10 times and it just gets funnier. Pete Holmes can be annoying elsewhere and his laugh kind of grates but the whole bit on bobbling the phone gets me in hysterics every time.

My favorite so far is the Catwoman episode. The constant screaming of "How are we not talking about the one-on-one basketball scene?!?!?!?!?!" still cracks me up.

Ahaha, I can hear it in my head now and am laughing. I love when they get all agitated. I also really enjoy when June is trying to unpack a misunderstanding about the movie and Jason is all "wait, wait, let her work this out" (see: PastaRobot from Judge Dredd). They seem to enjoy one another so much that it makes for a great show (especially when the guest also fits in that way).

I really enjoyed hearing Jesse Thorn talk about Barb Wire - funny episode, plus I'm tickled whenever Thorn's love of "Babe: Pig in City" comes up.

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  Never Enough Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Oh, and when she tried to paint the character of "Barb Wire" as a feminist icon!

Something I forgot to mention about Kevin Smith, did anyone notice that he had clearly not watched the movie? He watched it when it came out, so knew the basic plot points, but every time they mentioned a specific line he'd go, "Really?!" What the hell. At least watch the movie again if you want to be a guest on the podcast about it!

Never Enough

Back to top Go down

Post  bbridges Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:39 am

June's love of the female centric movies is my favorite part. And even now just thinking about Pasta Robot is cracking me up.
bbridges
bbridges

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:31 am

Does anyone know any good podcasts with women talking about comic books? Especially Marvel books?
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:47 am

bbridges wrote:June's love of the female centric movies is my favorite part. And even now just thinking about Pasta Robot is cracking me up.

I was SO upset she wasn't there for Breaking Dawn Part 2! I hope she does record a mini-episode in response.

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:32 pm

Raksha wrote:Does anyone know any good podcasts with women talking about comic books? Especially Marvel books?

I don't know of any, someone should start one. Hint hint.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  choubetcha Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:35 pm

I've never listened, but there is 3 Chicks Review Comics.

I would definitely check out a snarker edition!

choubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post  mo pie Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:55 pm

Matinee wrote:
bbridges wrote:June's love of the female centric movies is my favorite part. And even now just thinking about Pasta Robot is cracking me up.

I was SO upset she wasn't there for Breaking Dawn Part 2! I hope she does record a mini-episode in response.

I loved the Breaking Dawn Part 2 episode, even though I always hate when June is missing. I loved how they enjoyed the movie in spite of themselves. Mantzoukas cried!

And I agree with whoever said Catwoman was a funny episode. I have a backlog, so I just listened to it for the first time and it was great.

I still miss Extra Hot Great a lot.

mo pie

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:13 pm

I think my favorite episode may just be the Cool as Ice one. Or the Leprechaun in the Hood. I love both of those awful awful movies and I think that played a part. Along with how, aside from his Juggalo affiliation, Vanilla Ice has really turned out cool post the Surreal Life.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:18 pm

There doing their first TV movie next week, Liz and Dick!

biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  bbridges Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:38 am

Raksha wrote:Does anyone know any good podcasts with women talking about comic books? Especially Marvel books?

They are kind of erratic with posting but Geektress Podcast does this kind of talk. I think they mostly read DC but at least one of them reads X-Men books.
bbridges
bbridges

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:20 pm

choubetcha wrote:I've never listened, but there is 3 Chicks Review Comics.

I would definitely check out a snarker edition!

Me and my co-worker frequently have these in-depth conversation about shows we both watch to the point that I joke that we're doing a podcast. I'd would love a snarker podcast.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:45 pm

biakbiak wrote:There doing their first TV movie next week, Liz and Dick!

Did you listen to the mini-episode? I feel like I really need to discuss that interview at the end. I don't know the guy was interviewed but... he's losing it, right? That's not a bit? He seems like he's losing it, despite protests to the contrary...

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum