Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Songs You Hate

+29
Swarley
Matinee
Miss Moneypenny
easybreezy
queenofdenile
mokey75
mandalaya
punzy
midnight radio
Red Wolf
Eris Rising
Raised by wolves
Silverfish
blooey
CherryFlame
jcpdiesel21
Unlucky Bear
caerbannog
oxymoron
The Glen
Shalamar
punkysdilemma
mrinsouciance
big chicken
whatthedeuce
maxell131313
Putli Bai
Instant Monkeys
TiffanyNichelle
33 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Songs You Hate Empty Songs You Hate

Post  TiffanyNichelle Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:13 pm

I had to start this because for what seems like the 50th time this hour I heard that damn The Band Perry "If I Die Young". OMG I cannot stand that song.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Songs You Hate Empty Re: Songs You Hate

Post  Instant Monkeys Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:18 pm

Lord, whatshername on Idol last year sang that, and I was half listening and suddenly clued into the lyrics and was like "WAIT, WHAT? HOLD ON, WHAT??" She was like 16, that kid!
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:08 pm

My people!

That is a horrible horrible song. I listened to it the first time, because she does have a pretty voice, and I like acoustic stuff, and then all of the sudden I was making the same face as Captain Jack --->

Oh, HELL, noes.
Putli Bai
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:57 pm

That's what I said!! I was like, is anyone actually listening to the LYRICS of this song? I can't get to the radio fast enough to turn that horrid song off.

I would also like to add Rihanna's "S&M" to my hated songs list. 'Sticks and stones may break my bones but chains and whips excite me'?? Gag.
maxell131313
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:38 pm

Is the name of the latest Rihanna song We Found Love? That song's music somehow always reminds me of a carnival, and I can't ever bear to listen to the whole thing.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:56 pm

The holidays are nearly upon us and I need to reaffirm my hatred for "The Little Drummer Boy". I wish one of the three kings had broken his drumsticks to spare me the pain of hearing all those damn pa rum pum pum pums.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:24 pm

Vince Guaraldi's instrumental version of that song is the only one I like - eliminating the lyrics certainly helps.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:02 pm

I was at the mall this weekend and left one store immediately because they were playing My Humps, and then another store because they were playing a dance-type song whose only lyrics seemed to be "One two THREE," as in:

One two THREE
One two THREE
One two THREE
One two THREE
One two THREE
One two THREE
One two THREE
One two THREE
One two THREE
One two THREE
One two THREE

I would have left earlier but I was in the fitting room.

I am almost curious what the hell the last song was. Also, I am old.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:40 pm

Man, I was at the Gap the other day and there was some super annoying song on by some emo-sounding dude about, I don't know, life sucks and is hard, and who even cares about things and stuff (I think the word "whatever" was in the chorus), and so they were going to party on a rooftop in Hollywood or something to forget their troubles, and I don't remember any specifics really but lordy, it was the most grating thing I have ever heard.

Then right after that there was some extremely repetitive like disco/bossa nova thing that also made me want to stab my eardrums out. It wasn't too bad until the end where they started repeating the same line over and over and over AND OVER and I was in the dressing room and I said out loud "THIS SONG IS NEVER GOING TO END." It finally did, but I had kind of had it by then. I sort of high-tailed it out of the Gap after that. (Which was actually a good thing as I do not need to be spending money at the Gap.)
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:01 pm

It wasn't Enrique Iglesias's I Like How It Feels, was it? Because DAMN, that song is repetitive.

I loathe Rihanna's I'll Drink to That, largely (but not solely) because of Avril Lavigne screeching "Yeah YEAH! Yeah YEAH!" over and over in the background.
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:27 am

Lil Wayne's How To Love makes me wanna claw my ears off, and unfortunately, I have to hear it a million times on the bus I ride for work because I don't wanna bug the driver to change stations whenever it's on. It's actually a sweet song, but something about the music just sets me on edge. Right when I hear the opening beat, I feel like screaming "Anything but this song, please!!!!!!!"

Shalamar, I completely agree about that Rihanna tune. The song is crappy enough without Avril horning in to yell at me everytime the chorus hits. Ugh.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  The Glen Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:51 pm

I heard Andrew Gold's Lonely Boy today, and I feel bad because he died earlier this year, but I really hate that song. Maybe there's a subtext of emotional neglect, but all I can hear in the song is petulance that he didn't have the undivided attention of his parents growing up.

The Glen
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  oxymoron Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:02 pm

The Glen wrote:I heard Andrew Gold's Lonely Boy today, and I feel bad because he died earlier this year, but I really hate that song. Maybe there's a subtext of emotional neglect, but all I can hear in the song is petulance that he didn't have the undivided attention of his parents growing up.

YES! This song (like One Tin Soldier) is a case of "I adored this as a kid... but now... MAN, he's a whiny jerk."

I don't even know why I liked it as a kid. It's not like I could relate. I wasn't the eldest whose life was ruined when the next sibling came along. I was the youngest... my life was ruined because the other three were already there.

oxymoron

Back to top Go down

Post  caerbannog Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:51 am

I hate everything by Kid Rock, but I especially hate "All Summer Long" because he took two other songs that I was otherwise fairly indifferent to and made me hate them just by association.

caerbannog

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:26 pm

I found that song that I was ready to commit murder to in the Gap. The first one anyway. It is this song, "Tonight Tonight" by someone named Hot Chelle Rae. I HATE YOU KIDS AND YOUR PEPPY MUSIC.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:31 pm

I hate "All Summer Long" because it CLEARLY should have been called "Werewolves of Alabama."
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:17 pm

I've been calling it "Werewolves of Alabama" for so long I had forgotten the real title. Also, HATE.

I hated whatever his big song of the summer was this year too. "Born Free," I think. He gets a lot of play in Detroit, obviously, but it seems like every summer now he generates some schlocky pop about freedom, drinking, cars, etc.. Kinda the same way Clint Eastwood schlocky movies only come out during Oscar Bait season.
Putli Bai
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:11 pm

caerbannog wrote:I hate everything by Kid Rock, but I especially hate "All Summer Long" because he took two other songs that I was otherwise fairly indifferent to and made me hate them just by association.
That song tricks me EVERY TIME it comes on the radio. I go from thinking "'Werewolves of London,' cool!" to "ugh, Kid Rock, YOU SUCK" in a matter of seconds.
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  CherryFlame Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:24 am

jcpdiesel21 wrote:
That song tricks me EVERY TIME it comes on the radio. I go from thinking "'Werewolves of London,' cool!" to "ugh, Kid Rock, YOU SUCK" in a matter of seconds.

I heard the opposite reaction at a Halloween party this year. "Werewolves of London" came on and the girl next to me went "I hate this song" before she realized it wasn't Kid Rock then she was okay.

I also hear similar reactions when "Under Pressure" comes on and people think it's "Ice Ice Baby" at first.

Back on topic, I am so sick of hearing "Moves Like Jagger" everytime I turn the radio on. Hate!

CherryFlame

Back to top Go down

Post  blooey Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:52 pm

oxymoron wrote:YES! This song (like One Tin Soldier) is a case of "I adored this as a kid... but now... MAN, he's a whiny jerk."

I don't even know why I liked it as a kid. It's not like I could relate. I wasn't the eldest whose life was ruined when the next sibling came along. I was the youngest... my life was ruined because the other three were already there.

Every time I think about it, I become more and more embarrassed that I spent my early social activist years inflicting One Tin Soldier on all my friends. I guess I thought it was ~edgy~ and ~deep~, but now it just makes me want to punch whoever happens to be singing it in the face. I find Joan Baez' version particularly obnoxious. It's like, thanks for your permission, Joan, I think I will go ahead and hate my neighbor, because my neighbor SUCKS. (My neighbors don't suck and I don't actually hate them, and I know the song isn't talking about literal neighbors anyway, but it makes me so irrationally annoyed that I want to hate my neighbor just to spite it.)

blooey

Back to top Go down

Post  Silverfish Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:59 am

The name of this thread should really just be "Party Rock Anthem".

Silverfish

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:27 am

I don't like a lot of Christmas music but the one I dislike the most is Silver Bells. Not the mellow Burl Ives sounding one, the other one with the unintelligible lyrics that builds with a crescendo until it doesn't seem so much like a Christmas carol as a demand. It makes me anxious.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  caerbannog Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:19 am

I need to remember to start carrying ear buds with me at all times now because a lot of the local stores have already started playing Christmas music (they started a few weeks ago, actually.)

caerbannog

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:17 am

I hate that "Johnny, (something in Spanish) loca" song. It's repetitive as hell, and all the "What the f..." is really annoying.
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:15 am

[quote="CherryFlame"]
jcpdiesel21 wrote:

I also hear similar reactions when "Under Pressure" comes on and people think it's "Ice Ice Baby" at first.

Yeah, that's me. I actually went from "Oh, cool...aw, shit!" to "Aw, shit...oh, cool!"
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next