Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Private Practice

4 posters

Go down

Private Practice Empty Private Practice

Post  punkysdilemma Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:53 pm

Drugs are bad, y'all! I like how apparently Amelia has gone from taking her friend's pills to smoking oxycontin and shooting IV drugs in the space of 2 episodes (did they miss any drugs she could take in a different way)? And yet it was too shockingly shocking to show on TV the actual method by which you smoke oxy off a piece of foil. (For that you need to watch actual Intervention!)

Other than that, there are aspects of this goofy show I like. I like that they have been showing Addison going to therapy in a totally matter-of-fact way, though this plan of "I'm going to have a baby that my boyfriend explicitly will not raise at all but he still wants to be my boyfriend" thing is a little odd.

Anyone else watching?
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Private Practice Empty Re: Private Practice

Post  MichiSichi Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:42 am

Yup... Liked the idea of the intervention episode but I was more worried about the interventionists son than Amelia ( although the ending was well done)
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  sobe Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:47 pm

I have no idea why I am still watching this show. But I love Charlotte and Cooper together, which means Shonda will inevitably blow them up for no reason. They've made this surprise son/cancer story line work for me. Actually, they're the only part of the show that really works for me at all.

Last edited by sobe on Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

sobe

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:21 am

I actually like the whole story with violet and Pete's marriage I think it does reflect real life, but I never really like violets character..
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  sobe Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:10 am

I used to really like Violet/Pete and started watching the show for Tim Daly, but Pete has been such a raging jackhole all season.

sobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessica Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:57 pm

Pete has McDreamy Disease, I think, where the dude acts like a total ass but I suspect we are still supposed to root for him as the best mate for the woman in question. I wonder sometimes about Shonda. (Although Violet is also kind of an asshole often.) I do love Cooper and Charlotte.

My prediction is that Addison is going to be magically knocked up by Sam after they got together a couple of weeks ago.
Jessica
Jessica

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:31 pm

So has Amelia become the new punching bag now that Shonda has evidently lost interest in messing with Meredith on Grey's? I can't imagine what it's like for the actress, who is pregnant in real life, working on a storyline where her baby is doomed.

I also suspect this is heading for a Moral and Legal Tussle about donating an anencephalic baby's organs. (Which I am strongly in favor of, but I believe some states won't let you do it since no brain = no criteria for "brain death" -- not sure if California is one of those.)

Oh Pete. You suck.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:41 am

Is it even worth it to see the new and final season?
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:18 am

Sure -- it at least will be short and merciful.

Actually, I thought tonight's episode was pretty good, and not as hamhanded with the Ethical! Dilemmas! as it usually is.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum