Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MacGyver

3 posters

Go down

MacGyver Empty MacGyver

Post  bookworm Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:37 pm

I was talking to Kiran the other night about first TV crushes. Mine was totally Richard Dean Anderson on MacGyver when I was 9. I lurved the mullet so much.

The whole show is streaming on Netflix, so I started watching some episodes this weekend. Yes, this show was so cheesy, and I could totally point out the holes in his logic when he was making all his gadgets, but I still love it.

I was watching an episode with his grandfather, and I realized that the same actor was on a few episodes of The Twilight Zone too.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

MacGyver Empty Re: MacGyver

Post  blooey Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:33 pm

I liked it so much when I was younger that I'm afraid to go back and watch it now because what if it sucks? I'd rather have the memories.

blooey

Back to top Go down

Post  Siena Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:40 pm

I was a total fangirl in my early teens (and, well, late teens, I guess). I knew nothing of fandom, but my best friend and I wrote fic like crazy. Some of the episodes are still good, but they definitely have the 1980s-early 1990s aesthetic that makes early shows hard to watch sometimes. A sort of goofy earnestness? So I don't rewatch much. And yet, I ended up writing a MacGyver fic for Yuletide, so there are still fans out there.

Siena

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum