Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celebrities: Having Babies, Naming Babies

+118
Heather
mayram
SelfAmused
Pop'n'Fresh
year of the cat
katbeth
xyzzy
nazlan
particle_person
allochthonous
LadyGayle
Coneycat
Gilraen
Tabby
gannetguts
rat kitten
Fraoch
queenofdenile
Algae
Escape
Red Wolf
Swarley
choubetcha
jstilwe
ariadne
bbridges
Cynara
epudom
Matinee
mialoubug
mandalaya
schwa
Never Enough
GoodbyeWithWords
puddingcup
Corvus
Agent Sculder
UmaOprah
Luthien
dinahmoe
Renny Sue
rivki8699
chibimanda
Gillian
PrincessCleo
grayel
eco
sen3
Brainchild
Raksha
tothemax
oxymoron
Eris Rising
QueenSix
sobe
mokey75
demgirl
jcpdiesel21
dionneshea
Lindsay Weir
Cutebutpsycho
lisa
big chicken
Decca
Jude
Miss Moneypenny
naughty zoot
MtOlivePickles
ActonBell
RubyTuesday
MichiSichi
Esseilte
Lis
jaraga
BrightEyes
Grainne Mhaol
The Lady of Shalott
Bob Genghis Khan
Morning Angel
Crowbridge
Poubelle
Sheli
blixie
emrie
maxell131313
nikita
katesti
MLIS
The Glen
punkysdilemma
swsa
Lily Rose
caltrask55
sagitare
Unlucky Bear
laddical
Ceci
narfzz
bookworm
Raised by wolves
TiffanyNichelle
blooey
Genevieve
Carrie Ann
slmader
BreezyK
Melk
Kiran
Jasmine
Jessica
biakbiak
Instant Monkeys
Binky
whatthedeuce
Auroura76
Putli Bai
eventide82
Arabella
122 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Celebrities: Having Babies, Naming Babies - Page 23 Empty Re: Celebrities: Having Babies, Naming Babies

Post  maxell131313 Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:49 pm

I think Elizabeth may be retired for a few years. As it was the Queen Mum's name, the current Queen's name, Kate's middle name, and Peter Phillips' youngest daughter's middle name, it's getting crowded.

My vote is for Alexandra Margaret Diana Caroline.

For a boy: I really don't know except that Charles and Michael will more than likely be included. But I'm begging they don't pick John or Richard. The tabloids would have a field day with Prince Dick.
maxell131313
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Celebrities: Having Babies, Naming Babies - Page 23 Empty Re: Celebrities: Having Babies, Naming Babies

Post  Cutebutpsycho Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:28 pm

big chicken wrote:If it's a girl I think Elizabeth is definitely going to be one of her middle names. I'd love it if they used some of the more obscure family names though like Andrew and Fergie did for Beatrice and Eugenie.

The funny thing is this is one case where there would probably be an uproar if a boy was named John. At least we're assured this baby isn't going to be named Sekret Agent Maxwell Windsor or anything of that ilk. Or Hashtag.

Half-Knott Windsor is my vote.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:45 pm

Ooh, I like Alexandra. Very queen-like.
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:52 pm

Does it have to be a former monarch's name as the first name? (That was/is a thing, right?) If so, I'm going with Victoria as the first name. Though I am convinced that all of this scrambling around will mean the baby is definitely a boy.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:46 pm

Cutebutpsycho wrote:Half-Knott Windsor is my vote.
I LOLed.

Augustus Windsor? (Gusty Windsor for short.)
particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:48 pm

I'm against Victoria mainly because I don't particularly like Queen Victoria and she wanted all her female descendants to have Victoria as one of their names.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent Sculder Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:02 am

mokey75 wrote:Does it have to be a former monarch's name as the first name? (That was/is a thing, right?) If so, I'm going with Victoria as the first name. Though I am convinced that all of this scrambling around will mean the baby is definitely a boy.

Nope, although it's traditional. But considering the fact the male Windors have a history of choosing a name besides their first name as the name they "reign" under, the first name doesn't matter much. Need an example? QEII's dad's given name was Albert Frederick Arthur George (hence the nickname Bertie), but he chose to reign as George VI. Most people expect that when Charles eventually inherits he will not be King Charles III (since kings of England named Charles have a bad history). He'll probably choose to be George VII.

So if they do have a son, if they want to give him the first name John, they should. Just stick "William" or "George" somewhere in the line-up, and it will be all good.

Agent Sculder

Back to top Go down

Post  Fraoch Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:44 am

I remember that a high school teacher of mine claimed that no one in the royal family ever named their sons "Arthur" because historically young princes named Arthur tended to die before reaching adulthood. Therefore, Arthur is usually buried in the middle somewhere. Was she just talking crazy, or is this true?

Fraoch

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:55 am

If it is a girl, I'd like the name Charlotte Diana Elizabeth (or Mary or Catherine) Windsor. Charlotte has been the name of British royals before, though never a British queen, and it's nicely royal. And I think it's inevitable that they'll honour Diana if it's a girl. Plus, Charlotte's a feminine version of Charles, so it wouldn't leave him out.

If it's a boy, I can see them naming him an older name like James or something and having his middle names be Charles, Philip, Henry and/or Michael.

I'm also oddly excited by this. Royal baby! And pretty close in age to Savannah. New baby royals generation!
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  Tabby Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:57 am

I remember that a high school teacher of mine claimed that no one in the royal family ever named their sons "Arthur" because historically young princes named Arthur tended to die before reaching adulthood. Therefore, Arthur is usually buried in the middle somewhere. Was she just talking crazy, or is this true?
I don't know if it's true, but I learned the same thing years ago.
Tabby
Tabby

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:01 pm

It's supposedly the same reason why male royals aren't named John. First there was King John I (and only) and then there was Prince John who had epilepsy and died young. I think Prince John was the current Queen's uncle.

Last edited by big chicken on Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  Melk Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:02 pm

Tabby wrote:

Damn, because I could really get behind the idea of one day having a 'King Arthur'.
Melk
Melk

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:29 pm

Now I'm imagining a Prince Arthur with his pet dog named Merlin.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:40 pm

I'm backing Elizabeth III all the way. We've never had a queen with that high a number.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  nazlan Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:59 pm

Melk wrote:
Tabby wrote:

Damn, because I could really get behind the idea of one day having a 'King Arthur'.

The death of the most famous Prince Arthur could be claimed as the ultimate cause of the creation of the Church of England!
nazlan
nazlan

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyGayle Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:08 pm

dionneshea wrote:I has been the name of British royals before, though never a British queen, and it's nicely royal.

Not queen in her own right, but Queen Charlotte was George III's queen.

It's a lovely name, and I think it would be perfect.

LadyGayle

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:48 pm

I think Prince John was the current Queen's uncle.
Yes, he was. There was a good Masterpiece Theatre movie about him--it was called The Lost Prince, I think. He was also mentioned in The King's Speech.

The Windsors have serious psychological baggage. Sick kids locked up in their own little houses, left to die in the care of nurses and such. A stammerer forced to write with his right hand and wear horrible braces to fix his knock knees. The poor Queen Mum, losing her husband in his 50s. I think she spent more of her life as a widow than she did as a wife. Bertie's father was a hardass and his mother was made of ice. And his brother abdicated to be with Wallis Simpson and then had to be sent off to the middle of nowhere because he was embarrassing the royal family with his support of the Nazis. The whole Diana/Camilla/Charles debacle and Fergie crazypants. And they call themselves "The Firm." Which is just weird.
xyzzy
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:07 am

Tom Brady & Gisele had a baby girl on Wednesday and named her Vivian. A+ naming, Brady family.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mialoubug Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:57 pm

That's a great name! Well done, Bradys!
mialoubug
mialoubug

Back to top Go down

Post  katbeth Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:52 am

I'm backing Elizabeth III all the way. We've never had a queen with that high a number.
I'm with you. Gotta work towards Doctor Who's Liz 10.

katbeth

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:44 am

Over the years, I've really grown to love the name Vivian. It just looks so pretty, and I like that Viv is a palindrome (cuz I'm a nerd)!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:57 pm

Busy Phillips is pregnant with her second child. I love her for no reason I can tell, so I am happy for her.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  eventide82 Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:12 pm

I love Busy Phillips too. So happy for her!

I love Vivian as well, although I like it spelled "Vivienne" - it's one of the girls names we considered for our daughter, and I would definitely use it if we ever had another girl.
eventide82
eventide82

http://boredomaboundsbyjulia.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:27 am

I too love her, for some reason I was sure she had more kids.
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:29 pm

The Sexiest Man Alive to become a dad.

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next