Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unpopular Fame Opinions You Hold

+99
jstilwe
rivki8699
LadyGayle
ActonBell
Agent Sculder
Gillian
Paris, Texas
gannetguts
Binky
wenchsenior
Gilraen
puddingcup
Morning Angel
slmader
Snarryfan
naughty zoot
Genevieve
ulkis
Melk
Raksha
draco vulgaris
punkysdilemma
mandalaya
Never Enough
dionneshea
Jude
Skyblade
bosoxgirl
Red Wolf
easybreezy
PrincessCleo
mayram
Rhilin
Gallifrey Girl
maxell131313
Kookla
Swarley
oxymoron
Tabby
mrinsouciance
punzy
Corvus
UmaOprah
Coneycat
big chicken
eco
sobe
sunni94
truecrystal
Heather
Putli Bai
VodouDoll
Decca
TiffanyNichelle
Algae
Esseilte
Lis
laddical
mialoubug
bbridges
Eris Rising
Cutebutpsycho
eventide82
Poubelle
Unlucky Bear
Kiran
Cynara
Instant Monkeys
blixie
swsa
Pop'n'Fresh
Miss Moneypenny
Evil Lincoln
mokey75
Matinee
QueenSix
katha
Jasmine
Crowbridge
dinahmoe
Carrie Ann
jcpdiesel21
sagitare
curryalley
biakbiak
caltrask55
Pumpkin Cake
katesti
paablish
Ceci
The Glen
blooey
whatthedeuce
Grainne Mhaol
Sheli
The Dude
tothemax
19uses
queenofdenile
103 posters

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

Unpopular Fame Opinions You Hold - Page 5 Empty Re: Unpopular Fame Opinions You Hold

Post  queenofdenile Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:27 pm

I'm a hipster Tom Cruise hater: I hated him before hating him was cool.

Hee hee. Agreed!

I thought he was decent in Rain Man and I thought he was very good in Magnolia, but other than that he does NOTHING for me. I found him off-putting before I knew a single thing about his personal life.

I definitely think Lady Gaga is trying too hard to top herself, but it still doesn't seem to be like she's just doing it for marketing purposes. She strikes me as someone who, like, needs attention to live or something, way beyond the "normal" celebrity's need for attention. Like she will die or go crazy without it. And weirdly, I kind of dig that. It's obnoxious, but genuine.
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Unpopular Fame Opinions You Hold - Page 5 Empty Re: Unpopular Fame Opinions You Hold

Post  Eris Rising Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:20 pm

queenofdenile wrote:
I'm a hipster Tom Cruise hater: I hated him before hating him was cool.

Hee hee. Agreed!

I thought he was decent in Rain Man and I thought he was very good in Magnolia, but other than that he does NOTHING for me. I found him off-putting before I knew a single thing about his personal life.

I forgot about those two, and you're right. In the first one, he was still playing Tom Cruise. In the second, he was playing dark and angry Tom Cruise. So he's very good at playing himself. The problem is, there's only so many movies that one can insert a Tom Cruise into and not have it take me right out of the story.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:24 pm

My unpopular opinion is while I find him mostly sad and crazy in real life I think hes great on screen. Particularly when he takes out of character roles like in Collateral .

Like I was totally over him during that initial TomKat phase and then I went to go see MI:3 despite him and he won me back. I have no idea. I get why other people loathe him but I find him the perfect movie star, when hes actually on screen.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  The Glen Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:33 pm

I'd like him a lot more if he'd start to take more of the Collateral type of role, characters with some darkness, given that the saving the world/killing Hitler roles are starting to get less feasible as he ages. The morally ambiguous and villanous roles suit his slightly scary intensity.

The Glen
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:27 pm

I will say that I like Rain Man a lot and I thought he was really good in that.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:27 pm

I still like Tom Cruise, crazy antics and all. He's kind of a moron, but I think he means well. And his movies are enjoyable.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:50 am

I love Rain Man! I haven't seen that movie in forever, but I think about it sometimes at work when one of the autistic kids just repeats the same crap ad nauseam. If I could shut him up with an ep of People's Court, I totally would!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Esseilte Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:49 am

I do still like Tom Cruise. There are some things in his personal life I don't agree with, but it's his personal life, not mine. When it comes to his job, he turns up and does his absolute best in whatever role he's in. When he interacts with fans he's kind, friendly and entertaining. The stories of him calling people's friends on their mobile phones always make me laugh. He's not perfect, but he does all I want or have any right to expect from a movie star - he entertains me, and when he's interacting with fans he doesn't behave like an arse.

Of course, every time I hear that he has a new project I have a 'don't put Katie Holmes in it, don't put Katie Holmes in it' litany, but so far so good...
Esseilte
Esseilte

Back to top Go down

Post  Algae Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:59 am

One of my roommates in college LOVED Tom Cruise. I started disliking him then because I felt like he was always around. I wonder what she thought when the craziness started showing through and if she still likes him...
Algae
Algae

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:56 pm

Jason Bateman. Jason Sudeikis. Paul Rudd. Ryan Reynolds. Seth Rogen. Ed Helms. Bradley Cooper. Jonah Hill.

There was a time when I enjoyed all of you. (Except you, Jonah Hill - never liked you very much, except in Forgetting Sarah Marshall.) But the more and more you continue to insist on starring in doucheturd dudebro obnoxious "bromance" movies, the less inclined I am to pay to see anything that any of you are in.

Kindly play parts other than manchildren, rapey assholes, henpecked husbands, and douchey jerks in general. Better yet, STOP WRITING THOSE PARTS FOR YOURSELVES AND YOUR FRIENDS (and write better parts for women). Then maybe I will pay to see your movies again.

Thanks very much.

(P.S. Jason Segel, you were getting close to making this list, but then you went and made The Muppets and now you have a lifetime free pass.)
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:39 pm

He used to come across as intelligent, aware, and insightful (as well as being a talented actor and screenwriter), but Matt Damon has been coming across as more and more of a self-righteous, entitled douchebag as time goes on. Yes, it's awesome that his mother is a teacher, and that he supports education, but he's becoming more and more insufferably Bonoesque as time goes on.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:58 pm

I actually loved his recent comments on Obama. I was more bothered by Clooney's preachiness calling out people for being disillusioned. Easy to say that from Lake Como, I'm sure.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:01 pm

And I heart Matt Damon more than ever precisely because of the fact that he won't shut up about education. This gives him a lifetime AND afterlifetime pass for me.

Basically I don't mind actors mouthing off when they actually know what they are talking about.

And yeah, I loved the slam on Obama too.
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:57 pm

Matt Damon is probably the only celeb out there that I truly think is flawless. I love that his motto is "Don't be a douchebag." So simple and useful.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:49 pm

I actually loved his recent comments on Obama. I was more bothered by Clooney's preachiness calling out people for being disillusioned. Easy to say that from Lake Como, I'm sure.

Heh, I wondered if there was trouble in Danny Ocean's paradise after their vastly different statements about Obama, and yeah Matt's comments were more intelligent and accurate than Cloons equating criticism with undermining the cause. I'd love to smack him but he enjoys that too much.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:13 pm

I didn't mind his Obama comments so much. In many ways, they even reflected my own thinking. That's why I was surprised when I found myself wishing that he'd quiet down and focus on acting a bit more.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:50 pm

I don't hate Meryl Streep but I also kind of don't care about her. I'm denying her talent at all but I kind of over having to be all "OMG she is amazing, the best actress that has ever lived and everyone knows it, she deserves all the awards!" any time her name is brought up. I have a co-worker who is a big Streep and anytime she's mentioned I know the phrase "greatest actress ever" will be said. It's like, yes, yes, I know, whatever.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:00 am

I think Meryl is fabulous as hell, but lordy, I roll my eyes so hard everytime she has a new movie out because I already know she'll get nommed for everything come awards season. If, for some reason, there were a biopic about her in the future, I bet even then Meryl would end up scoring the nom instead of whoever is playing her. She is a fantastic actress, but it gets old seeing her get nommed for every single thing she does. Not her fault, mind you, but it does grate on me quite a bit.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Decca Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:12 am

I like Meryl, but I can't remember the last time she made a movie that I actually wanted to see. She's usually just the best thing about really mediocre movies.

Decca

Back to top Go down

Post  VodouDoll Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:38 pm

I think I just now realized that James Franco and James Marsden are two different people.

VodouDoll

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:55 pm

I have the same problem with Amy Ryan and Amy Adams. I think they're both Amy Adams until I see a picture that tells me otherwise.
Putli Bai
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:04 pm

It wasn't until we started watching Leverage that I realized Timothy Hutton and Timothy Dalton weren't the same person.
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:20 pm

I've also done the Franco/Marsden one. I used to get Mary Stuart Masterson, Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio (still not sure who she is), Mary Louise Parker, and Mary Steenburgen all sort of mushed together too. Also Elizabeth Perkins and Elizabeth McGovern (between Big and Downton Abbey I think I have that one straightened out now).
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:48 pm

Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio (still not sure who she is)

Maid Marian in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves.

You're lucky we're TNG watching buddies, or you'd be dead to me.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:45 pm

Heh, sorry. I think I did see that movie at one point, but I barely remember it. Super fond of the song though. Although it would be better if it had more "really"s.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next