Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unpopular Fame Opinions You Hold

+99
jstilwe
rivki8699
LadyGayle
ActonBell
Agent Sculder
Gillian
Paris, Texas
gannetguts
Binky
wenchsenior
Gilraen
puddingcup
Morning Angel
slmader
Snarryfan
naughty zoot
Genevieve
ulkis
Melk
Raksha
draco vulgaris
punkysdilemma
mandalaya
Never Enough
dionneshea
Jude
Skyblade
bosoxgirl
Red Wolf
easybreezy
PrincessCleo
mayram
Rhilin
Gallifrey Girl
maxell131313
Kookla
Swarley
oxymoron
Tabby
mrinsouciance
punzy
Corvus
UmaOprah
Coneycat
big chicken
eco
sobe
sunni94
truecrystal
Heather
Putli Bai
VodouDoll
Decca
TiffanyNichelle
Algae
Esseilte
Lis
laddical
mialoubug
bbridges
Eris Rising
Cutebutpsycho
eventide82
Poubelle
Unlucky Bear
Kiran
Cynara
Instant Monkeys
blixie
swsa
Pop'n'Fresh
Miss Moneypenny
Evil Lincoln
mokey75
Matinee
QueenSix
katha
Jasmine
Crowbridge
dinahmoe
Carrie Ann
jcpdiesel21
sagitare
curryalley
biakbiak
caltrask55
Pumpkin Cake
katesti
paablish
Ceci
The Glen
blooey
whatthedeuce
Grainne Mhaol
Sheli
The Dude
tothemax
19uses
queenofdenile
103 posters

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Unpopular Fame Opinions You Hold - Page 13 Empty Re: Unpopular Fame Opinions You Hold

Post  Kiran Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:01 am

Of course.

Yes but the difference is unlike the fangirls I am disgusted with myself.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Unpopular Fame Opinions You Hold - Page 13 Empty Re: Unpopular Fame Opinions You Hold

Post  Genevieve Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:49 am

Kiran wrote:"NOBODY CARES ABOUT DAVE EGGERS ANYMORE, BENEDICT. NOBODY."

When will someone put this on a t-shirt for me?
Genevieve
Genevieve

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Sat May 18, 2013 6:57 am

I really don't mind Gwyneth Paltrow. I mean, not at all. I don't find most of her more infamous quotes to be especially obnoxious, and if she tends to prattle on about the super-expensive stuff that she buys, then that's fine: she can afford it, even if it would take me three years of not eating to save up for what she spends on one smoothie maker. It's just not a huge deal to me.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sat May 18, 2013 1:10 pm

I don't usually mind her til I read some random obnoxious quote from her.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Sat May 18, 2013 2:02 pm

I think what rubs people the wrong way about her is that she can't grasp the fact that most people can't afford to spend $200 on a "fabulous pant", yet she advises the average person to do just that, like it's no big deal. She means well, but she's not the right person to give us regular folks advice. I don't have any strong feelings about her one way or the other, but I get the annoyance. Of course, no one is forced to subscribe to GOOP, so it goes both ways. :P

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Sat May 18, 2013 8:09 pm

Crowbridge wrote:I think what rubs people the wrong way about her is that she can't grasp the fact that most people can't afford to spend $200 on a "fabulous pant", yet she advises the average person to do just that, like it's no big deal. She means well, but she's not the right person to give us regular folks advice. I don't have any strong feelings about her one way or the other, but I get the annoyance. Of course, no one is forced to subscribe to GOOP, so it goes both ways. :P

No, no, I totally get it, I just haven't seen where she's advising the "average person" to do that. She mostly talks about stuff that she likes and buys. Of course, I could totally be wrong, as I don't remember the last time I hit up her website. Barring that, it seems like she's implying "If you're rich enough, buy this".
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  The Glen Sun May 19, 2013 10:18 am

I think she's really selling a certain lifestyle, with the implication that those who can afford to buy the overpriced products are gaining access to her fabulous world and that of the people she regularly namedrops. The average person doesn't quite have access to this rareified world but may live it vicariously. Having said that, I do think whatever she says is picked apart because of her reputation of being removed from reality.

The Glen
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  PrincessCleo Sun May 19, 2013 11:03 am

I go back and forth on her in real life (to the point where I forget how much I always like her onscreen), but every time I'm on the fence, I need to remember that she gave the world "fabulous pant."
PrincessCleo
PrincessCleo
Admin

http://http;//cleolinda.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Sun May 19, 2013 11:10 am

We have her new cookbook at the library (on the cover of which she appears looking as though she's not wearing makeup and with her hair ever so slightly mussed) and it's funny to me the number of women who've checked it out or picked it up and said, "Oh, she looks just like a regular person". Which always make me think, "Bravo, Gwyneth's PR people". Well, that and the whole "Most Beautiful Woman" People thing.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Sun May 19, 2013 11:37 am

I never thought she was that beautiful. Pretty, yes, but it baffled me when I heard people say she was one of THE most beautiful women in the world, because she looks so...pale and scrawny to me. I never liked it.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Mon May 20, 2013 4:21 pm

I said the same last week, Crowbridge. She's very plain Jane to me, which is fine except when the media keep trying to make me believe she's gorgeous. I'd like for her to dye her hair a deeper shade so she wouldn't look so washed out, but hey, if she's comfy in her own skin and looking natural, that's awesome for her! At least she isn't a scary Botoxed freak. She's aging pretty well, IMO.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:55 pm

Bennidict Cumberbatch looks like a reptile.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:20 pm

That is not unpopular.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:17 am

To be fair, it's not as popular as the idea that he resembles an otter.
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  draco vulgaris Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:14 pm

But otters are cute! Cummerbund just looks like something that crawled up out of the Uncanny Valley.

draco vulgaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarryfan Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:42 pm

I think he looks like a hairless cat, the human equivalent of Austin Powers' Mr Bigglesworth.

I don't get Aziz Ansari. I think he rubbed me the wrong way when he was on Scrubs, and i get that that was his character more than his stand-up persona but...eh.

Snarryfan

Back to top Go down

Post  slmader Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:46 am

The Dude wrote:Bennidict Cumberbatch looks like a reptile.

My sister would refer to him as "strangely compelling," as would I. I like his face, but then I don't like it. I can't decide, haha.

slmader

Back to top Go down

Post  Heather Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:09 pm

I didn't really like "Pitch Perfect" that much. I though it was resoundingly <i>fine</i>, although I hated the "aca-" lingo so much it made my face hurt.

I'll show myself out.

Heather

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarryfan Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:29 pm

....aca-awkward...

Snarryfan

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:36 pm

Heather wrote:I didn't really like "Pitch Perfect" that much. I though it was resoundingly <i>fine</i>, although I hated the "aca-" lingo so much it made my face hurt.

I'll show myself out.

I didn't like it either. It was fine and all, but I have no interest in watching it again. I'd rather watch Bring it On for the 3000th time*. <plops down next to Heather and offers her a cookie.>

*I think I told this story when we first watched, but my husband spent most of the movie complaining about how it was blatantly ripping off BIO, and, at one point, yelled, "she's a cheer-tator, and PAIN IN MY ASS."  Heh.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:51 pm

Pitch Perfect was fine, but the trend of people having to vomit or have diarrhea in movies needs to stop.  I love comedies and I'm generally willing to laugh at silly stuff, but I always find it gross, unfunny, and just appealing to the lowest common denominator. Although, given the amount of laughter it got both here and in Bridesmaids, I'm probably alone in that.
Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:11 pm

Nope! Also sick of (on-screen) vomiting and diarrhea. I think both the scenes in Pitch Perfect and the scene in Bridesmaids could have worked just as well if we'd just seen reaction shots from bystanders. I don't care if the second time in Pitch Perfect was a moment of catharsis for the only character with an arc - didn't need to see it gushing from her mouth and then watch people trip and fall in it.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:30 pm

Pitch Perfect was just really off to me, mostly because I couldn't stand Beca most of the time. And the acapella group leader was a harpy pretty much the entire movie. I just wanted her to mellow the fuck out already because she was such an annoying downer.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  mandalaya Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:05 pm

I liked Pitch Perfect (and Bring It On) fine, but it wasn't mindblowing or anything. I showed it to a friend (because we were struggling for a film to watch and she hadn't seen it), and she thought it was weird that I liked it but not Glee. Dude, just because it contains a pop choir does not make it the same. Musically, I quite liked the mashup pieces they sang.

Oh, I guess that's my unpopular opinion: I'm not a Glee fan. I wanted to be, and occasionally someone recs an ep so heavily that I watch it and even more occasionally I enjoy that ep but watching the next one shuts that down. I just don't usually like the arrangements and hate the storylines.
mandalaya
mandalaya

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:13 pm

I don't think thats unpopular anymore. I really liked Glee the first season and I think it still has its moments but it really hasn't been genuinely good since early episodes in season 2.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next