Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kelly Clarkson

+5
jcpdiesel21
Poubelle
lisa
biakbiak
particle_person
9 posters

Go down

Kelly Clarkson Empty Kelly Clarkson

Post  particle_person Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:08 pm

The NYTimes cites Clarkson as a role model

That was just a really nice article. I haven't followed her career closely since Idol (I did watch that first season) but the Times makes her sound awesome.

Ms. Powers, the NPR Music critic, said, “Here is someone who was manufactured by the music industry, by ‘American Idol,’ and it’s ironic that she has emerged as one of our most authentic artists.”
particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Kelly Clarkson Empty Re: Kelly Clarkson

Post  biakbiak Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:14 pm

She loves Parks and Recreation so that is enough to make me like her!
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:46 pm

I personally like how the NYT seems amazed that a woman who is not a sinewy collection of clavicles and knobbly knees is not marinating in open self loathing.

Also, this article confirmed that Clarkson seems like she'd be a fun hang. I bet after a few drinks, she'd even participate in heckling that movie she made with Justin Guarini, and dish some really awesome gossip.

lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:31 am

I love her. She has a killer voice, sings some incredible songs, and seems to be a genuinely splendid, fun person on top of that. I agree, she does seem like she'd be a fun person to hang out with. I think the Taylor Swift comparison is interesting--I think part of the reason Kelly seems more widely relatable is her songs don't seem mired in the teen years (and related fantasies/images) as much as her not being skinny with perfect blonde waves.

Though, honestly? She may not be a size 0 or have a huge rack, but Kelly Clarkson's still gorgeous.
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:03 pm

Has anyone purchased or heard her new album? I had planned on buying it since I love so much of her music, but was underwhelmed when I previewed all of the songs.
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  blooey Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:10 pm

Haven't bought it yet, but I do like her new single. I'll probably check it out from the library first to make sure I like it, since preview clips don't always do it for me.

She does seem like a lot of fun. This is kind of an old interview, but she sounds really cool and dorky:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctxibM6_p4M

blooey

Back to top Go down

Post  mayram Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:50 pm

I love her, she always comes across as fun and personable. I ran across this video of her just a few weeks ago (I think it's a pretty old video, but I'm not sure) and she looks like she'd be a blast to hang out with.

mayram

Back to top Go down

Post  katesti Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:39 pm

I LOVE her with Metal Skool. I want to draw hearts around that. There was one week where I think I watched that about five times a day.

katesti

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:34 am

jcpdiesel21 wrote:Has anyone purchased or heard her new album? I had planned on buying it since I love so much of her music, but was underwhelmed when I previewed all of the songs.

I have bought it. I really enjoy it; I find it holds well as a whole album. It's not substantially different from her usual stuff; some people would see it as a problem, but I like what she does.
Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum