Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Divorce Pool

+138
CocoaGoddess
inversed
particle_person
Jordan Baker
gluten free pant
jaraga
woolhat
PineappleGirl
Raised by wolves
mo pie
00redsvt
Algae
dionneshea
SelfAmused
jennlynnster
Bad Username
Gillian
salamandersam
katha
epudom
UmaOprah
emrie
slmader
bosoxgirl
punzy
GoodbyeWithWords
mialoubug
Rhilin
Gilraen
nazlan
choubetcha
Shadowlass
Fraoch
dreago
draco vulgaris
BreezyK
xyzzy
Luciano
Francie Nolan
Agent Sculder
Matinee
boutros boutros kitty
Putli Bai
FiggyPudding
Luthien
P.D. Noosh
wenchsenior
Cheetara
Nerg
big chicken
Coneycat
Melk
Eris Rising
terriem
Decca
Red Wolf
PrincessCleo
orangette
gannetguts
eco
Cynara
MLIS
Raksha
lil d
nikita
oxymoron
Heather
Sheli
MichiSichi
mandalaya
spidey_88
grayel
lisa
eventide82
puddingcup
year of the cat
jstilwe
Cutebutpsycho
Unlucky Bear
Betty Madrid
bookworm
rivki8699
Pumpkin Cake
jcpdiesel21
Wilhelmina
tothemax
dinahmoe
Lady V
naughty zoot
Paris, Texas
egray
Never Enough
Jude
Jasmine
katesti
Auroura76
QueenSix
sobe
The Dude
ActonBell
The Glen
Kiran
LadyGayle
Genevieve
Crowbridge
jensa
Instant Monkeys
Tabby
paablish
Swarley
sagitare
mrinsouciance
curryalley
laddical
Carrie Ann
truecrystal
Morning Angel
mokey75
whatthedeuce
Jessica
bbridges
maxell131313
Binky
punkysdilemma
Arabella
themis
The Lady of Shalott
biakbiak
Poubelle
blixie
TiffanyNichelle
mayram
laurelin_kit
queenofdenile
Miss Moneypenny
blooey
Lily Rose
swsa
142 posters

Page 7 of 43 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 25 ... 43  Next

Go down

Divorce Pool - Page 7 Empty Re: Divorce Pool

Post  swsa Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:56 pm

Here's the BI.
This A+ list movie actor has been in this space before when he has slipped. This time though it is way more than a slip. He was at one point probably the most rehabbed actor in the world and now he needs it again. Desperately. He thinks he is hiding it from his wife, but he is not. One talk show almost kicked him out of the studio because he was so wasted before finally relenting and letting him on air.
The only thing that doesn't fit is the "wife", but that could just be a mistake?
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:12 pm

I guessed him for that one, but snarkers in that thread thought he hadn't been to drug/alcohol rehab to qualify. I was thinking image-wise.

Wife could be a technical error/misleading aspect, they are (or were) essentially married.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:23 pm

Maybe; it could be that "most rehabbed" is a reference to his reputation - how he's boomed in popularity over the last decade. Sadly, I still think it's more likely to be RDJ.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  katesti Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:22 am

I know it's rude, but I hope it's Depp, as opposed to RDJ.

katesti

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:24 am

Me too.
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:26 am

Is it wrong that post-Depp's "LAWLS ALL AMERICANS ARE DUMB" comment, I hope it's him?
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:06 am

I don't want it to be either, but I think Depp would be a lot worse off, honestly. I feel like Downey has a decent understanding of addiction and consequence, and experience/connections/current physicians that could help him get sober again quickly.

Whereas Depp doesn't have any of those things, and has an emo "I'm an ARTEEST" attitude. I do think wishing terrible addiction on him is uncalled for, no matter what shitty things he's said.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  jstilwe Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:09 am

Do internet celebrities count here? Heather Armstrong (Dooce) and her husband are separating. I am surprisingly sad about this.

jstilwe

Back to top Go down

Post  laurelin_kit Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:50 am

Whoa. Have there been any hints about this?
laurelin_kit
laurelin_kit

Back to top Go down

Post  Auroura76 Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:05 am

I feel like a dick, but, who is this? (I read her "About" page, but it's not ringing any bells.)

Auroura76

Back to top Go down

Post  laurelin_kit Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:07 am

She's a blogger. If you don't recognize her from the actual blog, you're probably not familiar. She's known for writing about motherhood and depression.
laurelin_kit
laurelin_kit

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:07 am

jstilwe wrote:Do internet celebrities count here? Heather Armstrong (Dooce) and her husband are separating. I am surprisingly sad about this.
Me too. I seriously don't know why I'm so upset, since I don't know her personally, but I've read her blog since before Leta was born. I always thought they had a really good marriage and partnership.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  katesti Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:32 am

Yeah, that's really thrown me too. There have been some (more than) hints that she herself hasn't been doing particularly well, but I didn't see the separation coming.

katesti

Back to top Go down

Post  year of the cat Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:07 am

There's major depression in several blogs: dooce, The Bloggess, and Hypobole and a Half- plus I know a lot of us here have felt crappy, too. Dooce has her butt covered finacially, but it would be crass to say (and I'm sure dooce haters will in legion) she can't have emotional problems because she's not broke enough. Heather's seams have been showing for a while, it's sad but not suprising. Maybe its a canary in the coalmine syndrome, I really don't know, but this fall and winter have just really sucked.
year of the cat
year of the cat

Back to top Go down

Post  jstilwe Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:27 pm

laurelin_kit wrote:Whoa. Have there been any hints about this?
I hadn't noticed anything other than her depression gearing up again, although I did think it a little odd that she spent New Year's Eve with girlfriends. Apparently Jon's been making veiled comments on his blog for a few weeks now, but I don't read that one, so this caught me by surprise.

jstilwe

Back to top Go down

Post  The Lady of Shalott Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:47 pm

I think Heather and her husband are in a trial separation, and I think they mentioned that they were in couples' therapy at one point. So I mean, that leaves some hope that they might be able to patch things up, at least.
The Lady of Shalott
The Lady of Shalott

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:51 pm

I too have been reading Dooce for many years, and took this news like a punch in the gut. I truly hope they can make this work. As far as Heather's depression goes, I was surprised that in her description of suicidal ideation, she said that this was NOT chemical. I mean, I know she's medicated this time around, but that doesn't seem like any reason to believe that chemicals aren't playing into this. Isn't that what chemical depression wants you to believe? Doesn't your brain constantly try to tell you that? As many, many people have mentioned to her, she went from a very intensive workout regimen (even before the marathon training, she was working out like 2 hours a day), to nothing at all because of her injuries. For a person with a delicate chemical balance, wouldn't that sudden loss of a daily endorphin boost throw you off?
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:07 pm

Holy cow. This news makes me sadder than any tv/film celebrity separation/divorce that I've heard of in a while. I haven't been reading Heather's blog regularly recently, it just hasn't been as interesting. I didn't realize that that is probably because of her own personal problems. And this the third blogger separation/divorce that I've seen among blogs I read (the others are Ask Moxie and MetroDad. Plus the blogger Greek Tragedy always seems on the verge of separation.). What makes it sadder is that they are all, in part at least, parenting blogs.

I think these blogger separations hit harder for me because you think you "know" the blogger, I mean, you hear tons of other personal details, so it's a shock to hear about a separation, and wonder what else you didn't know about.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:31 pm

I don't read Dooce regularly, but I had noticed she'd been talking about Jon less. I've actually predicted divorces on blogs I read before, based on either absence of partner in the entries/subtly increasing hostility towards them.

I wish them the best, but I bet being as public as blogger as Dooce is, really makes this situation worse. People are mean to her regularly, this just gives them ammo.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  eventide82 Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:29 pm

I don't know why, but, sad as it is, I wasn't surprised about Dooce and Jon. I don't know if it's because she's made references in the past about them going to marriage counselling (not that that is a sign of impending divorce) and various issues they and she recognise they have to work on. Hopefully they can work things out, or have things remain amicable for the sake of the girls.
eventide82
eventide82

http://boredomaboundsbyjulia.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:42 am

I wish them the best, but I bet being as public as blogger as Dooce is, really makes this situation worse.

If Heather & Jon decide to end their marriage, it will be interesting to see how that affects the site and its archives. Once lawyers are involved, website content has a funny habit of disappearing.

lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:32 pm

That's too bad about Dooce and Jon. I stopped reading her site ages ago (I just found her insufferable), but still.
(And on a side note, it's amazing how much their two girls look alike. Sisters often look similar, but I popped over to the site and the pictures of Marlo could be of Leta when she was younger.)
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  grayel Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:46 am

grayel

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:08 am

grayel wrote:Seal and Heidi Klum ? WTH ???
What the actual fuck. I am stunned.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:18 am

This is one of those LOVE IS DEAD type divorces, because they seemed so happy together! I choose to blame Michael Kors, as he seems to have a hand in any terrible Project Runway related decision.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 43 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 25 ... 43  Next