Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Divorce Pool

+138
CocoaGoddess
inversed
particle_person
Jordan Baker
gluten free pant
jaraga
woolhat
PineappleGirl
Raised by wolves
mo pie
00redsvt
Algae
dionneshea
SelfAmused
jennlynnster
Bad Username
Gillian
salamandersam
katha
epudom
UmaOprah
emrie
slmader
bosoxgirl
punzy
GoodbyeWithWords
mialoubug
Rhilin
Gilraen
nazlan
choubetcha
Shadowlass
Fraoch
dreago
draco vulgaris
BreezyK
xyzzy
Luciano
Francie Nolan
Agent Sculder
Matinee
boutros boutros kitty
Putli Bai
FiggyPudding
Luthien
P.D. Noosh
wenchsenior
Cheetara
Nerg
big chicken
Coneycat
Melk
Eris Rising
terriem
Decca
Red Wolf
PrincessCleo
orangette
gannetguts
eco
Cynara
MLIS
Raksha
lil d
nikita
oxymoron
Heather
Sheli
MichiSichi
mandalaya
spidey_88
grayel
lisa
eventide82
puddingcup
year of the cat
jstilwe
Cutebutpsycho
Unlucky Bear
Betty Madrid
bookworm
rivki8699
Pumpkin Cake
jcpdiesel21
Wilhelmina
tothemax
dinahmoe
Lady V
naughty zoot
Paris, Texas
egray
Never Enough
Jude
Jasmine
katesti
Auroura76
QueenSix
sobe
The Dude
ActonBell
The Glen
Kiran
LadyGayle
Genevieve
Crowbridge
jensa
Instant Monkeys
Tabby
paablish
Swarley
sagitare
mrinsouciance
curryalley
laddical
Carrie Ann
truecrystal
Morning Angel
mokey75
whatthedeuce
Jessica
bbridges
maxell131313
Binky
punkysdilemma
Arabella
themis
The Lady of Shalott
biakbiak
Poubelle
blixie
TiffanyNichelle
mayram
laurelin_kit
queenofdenile
Miss Moneypenny
blooey
Lily Rose
swsa
142 posters

Page 24 of 43 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 33 ... 43  Next

Go down

Divorce Pool - Page 24 Empty Re: Divorce Pool

Post  GoodbyeWithWords Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:01 pm

Oooh, what are the scandalous beginnings of Blake and Miranda? I only know him from The Voice and her from being poorly dressed at award shows.

GoodbyeWithWords

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:32 pm

GoodbyeWithWords wrote:Oooh, what are the scandalous beginnings of Blake and Miranda? I only know him from The Voice and her from being poorly dressed at award shows.
In the grand tradition of country supercouples past, he was married to someone else when she caught his eye. They first met when they did a duet for a CMT special and you can literally see them falling for each other as the performance progresses (the song at the link is supercountry BTW). Eight months later his wife was citing "inappropriate marital conduct" in the divorce papers, though Blake had a rep for being a player before Miranda came along and they try to downplay speculation they had an affair. The Life & Style story was about Miranda being worried that history would repeat itself with Blake, but they're allowed to look through each other's phones (because no one in the history of relationships has ever had another phone their partner didn't know about), so Miranda tracked down the "younger woman" he was Twitter flirting with, they talked and ended up becoming friends (lol really that was the L&S story). But I don't think the outcome will always be so rosy every time she tracks down a chick he's been "friendly" with online...

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  nikita Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:19 pm

Wow, I had no idea about any of that. I always got douchecanoe vibes from him, now I know why.

nikita

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:02 am

Okay, one of those tabloid summaries indicated that Prince Harry has a thing for Jennifer Lawrence. I SHIP THAT SO HARD. That would be the best thing to happen to the world, like, ever.

As for Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert, it figures he was married before/when he hooked up with her. That's generally how these things go. I do not approve of the hair he was sporting in that duet video, so if they ever end up divorced, I hope she's the one that files.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:12 am

This is really neither here nor there, but I laughed my ass off when I saw that my mom had "pitbull lyrics" and "miranda lambert divorce" in her phone's Google searches. I told her she should learn how to clear her search history.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:22 am

Gillian wrote:Okay, one of those tabloid summaries indicated that Prince Harry has a thing for Jennifer Lawrence. I SHIP THAT SO HARD. That would be the best thing to happen to the world, like, ever.

As for Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert, it figures he was married before/when he hooked up with her. That's generally how these things go. I do not approve of the hair he was sporting in that duet video, so if they ever end up divorced, I hope she's the one that files.
Yes! I wouldn't want JLaw to pull a Grace Kelly, but a year or two of fun and parting on good terms, sure.

The worst part about Blake's hair for that duet? That special was taped in 2005! I think even Billy Ray Cyrus had given up on ghost on the mullet by then. But the whole Blake/Miranda hookup happened when they were like C-list even by country standards, so it flew under the tabloid radar and by the time they were more famous, they had been a couple for years and it was old news. Country is one of those worlds like sports where the person has to be a megastar (or from American Idol) to even register as a mainstream "name". Like when Renée Zellweger married Kenny Chesney, you had people going, "Who? She'd better have a prenup!" and the country fans were all, "Excuse me, he's been touring stadiums for the past few years, so if anything, he's the one with the big money!"

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:01 pm

I'd forgotten that Renee Zellweger was once married to Kenny Chesney. That was very much out of nowhere. And they got divorced soon after. Good times. For me, because I was working in a job where my manager gave me the pip on a regular basis so celebrity gossip used to make things a bit more interesting and gave me something else to think about besides "Fifty ways to staple your boss to his chair before you push the chair down the stairs to the front door and out onto the main road".

Nobody ever really thinks about Renee Zellweger anymore, do they? Is she doing theatre or indie films? I suppose I should go google it to find out but I'm not sure I care enough.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  GoodbyeWithWords Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:04 pm

Thanks for the scoop on Blake and Miranda! They're like if Walk the Line had happened in the Youtube/Twitter era.

Renee cited "fraud" in their annulment and then everybody assumed it meant Kenny was gay. Didn't they get married after knowing each other about 5 minutes?

GoodbyeWithWords

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:01 pm

Renée's IMDb page looks pretty sparse but tell me they're not really going to make Bridget Jones's Baby? I saw a few stories about her possibly doing a play on the West End soon.

My favorite WTF rumor about the Renée/Kenny marriage was that he was having an affair with Peyton Manning, mostly because it originated from Popbitch. Of course a UK gossip newsletter would be the go-to source for inside scoop on a country singer and an American football star!

GoodbyeWithWords wrote:Thanks for the scoop on Blake and Miranda! They're like if Walk the Line had happened in the Youtube/Twitter era.
The real next generation Johnny and June were Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood. He was a country megastar, they recorded and toured together, they were both married to other people, there were children involved, the affair speculation went on for years, and while he didn't have a drug problem, everyone thought he'd lost his mind with the Chris Gaines thing. But he and the first wife finally split up and a few years down the road, he proposed to Trisha on stage during a concert.

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:57 pm

QueenSix wrote:Nobody ever really thinks about Renee Zellweger anymore, do they? Is she doing theatre or indie films? I suppose I should go google it to find out but I'm not sure I care enough.

She showed up at the Oscars this year looking completely unrecognizable and squinty.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  mayram Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:17 pm

She's always been squinty but I remember hearing a lot of comments about how different she looked.

Interesting phrasing from Gwyneth Paltrow regarding her marriage

“Regardless of what happens in our marriage, I chose the best father,” she said of Martin. “He is so good to the children, and to know that you had kids with such a good man is like a real weight off you. We are committed co-parents, we make all the decisions together and we lean on each other for support as well,” she said.

Aside from the obvious (ie. "regardless of what happens in our marriage") bit, I don't generally hear married couples refer to themselves as "co-parents."

I had to stop and think if they were actually divorced already (they're not, are they?)

mayram

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:25 pm

Also you'd think that "and we lean on each other for support as well" would kind of be assumed of you and your husband instead of something you'd have to note as a point of interest.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:27 pm

Yeah, there's really nothing wrong with that quote, but it doesn't sound like the words of a woman who is in love with her husband. It's very cold and detached and sterile. Not good.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:56 pm

It really sounds like she's talking from a rather detached standpoint. It's like she's saying she respects him for being a good father, buuuut...

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:28 pm

Wait, she nearly died from a miscarriage? Really? And the blinding pain/hand issue sounds like an extreme migraine. What's her agenda with all the health stuff? Garnering sympathy for an imminent dumping? I thought her fabulous macrobiotic diet and workout regiment cured everything that can ail you.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:39 pm

naughty zoot wrote:Wait, she nearly died from a miscarriage? Really? And the blinding pain/hand issue sounds like an extreme migraine. What's her agenda with all the health stuff? Garnering sympathy for an imminent dumping? I thought her fabulous macrobiotic diet and workout regiment cured everything that can ail you.
A miscarriage can be fatal in rare circumstances, usually because of infection. Gwyneth's way of making every health woe she faces the most dramatic illness ever! though leads to skepticism after a certain point.

I think Gwyneth's marriage is probably going well enough, but years of smoke being blown up her butt have led to her being incapable of sounding like a normal person when she gives an interview.

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:46 pm

I know that. I'm just at a loss as to when this near-fatal situation would have happened. Am I forgetting some mysterious health crisis of the past few years?
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:57 pm

naughty zoot wrote:I know that. I'm just at a loss as to when this near-fatal situation would have happened. Am I forgetting some mysterious health crisis of the past few years?
She was hospitalized 5-6 years ago, Chris rushed her there and got into a fight with the paparazzi. Mind you, he's done that when she wasn't pregnant, so...

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:04 pm

That was the instance I thought of as well. I think they claimed some sort of stomach illness at the time, but it always seemed like it was probably more given Chris's emotional reaction. That is really awful. I think about miscarriage for celebs all the time because of the awful Bump Watch crap. It must be so hard to have tabloids speculating about whether you're pregnant when you've just lost a pregnancy.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:06 pm

Oh, that's right. I'd completely forgotten about that. That does suck. But I'm still curious why she's unloading all her health issues right this moment.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:11 am

Carrie Ann wrote:That was the instance I thought of as well. I think they claimed some sort of stomach illness at the time, but it always seemed like it was probably more given Chris's emotional reaction. That is really awful. I think about miscarriage for celebs all the time because of the awful Bump Watch crap. It must be so hard to have tabloids speculating about whether you're pregnant when you've just lost a pregnancy.
Yeah, I think that's probably when it happened, too. The bump watch stuff is just INSANE. Like, I think it's bad enough to insinuate someone might be pregnant when all it looks like is she had a big lunch (most female stars face enough pressure about their weight already), but the chance that someone who just suffered a real loss has to also face that kind of speculation is pretty terrible.

And I've always had a lot of respect and sympathy for Lily Allen, that she was willing to publicly admit to more than one miscarriage. That takes nerves of steel. Like, even among non-famous people, it's barely talked about, and unlike Allen, you don't have to worry about gossip blogs making nasty comments.
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:59 pm

She has a new cookbook coming out, so that's why she's talking about her health so much recently.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  The Glen Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:07 pm

I wouldn't mind if she wasn't pushing elimination diets as if they were a cure for Vitamin D deficiency and anemia. Elsewhere I think she was talking about cutting carbohydrates, dairy and eggs from her family's diet and resultant hunger pangs. This stuff does not sound at all as if it were medically sanctioned. To their credit, the Daily Fail asked a nutritionist for an opinion when they were reporting it.

Mind you, the recipes in her first cookbook were perfectly fine from that point of view, if I remember right.

The Glen
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  katesti Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:27 pm

bookworm wrote:She has a new cookbook coming out, so that's why she's talking about her health so much recently.

Hah, at first I read this as Lily Allen had a cookbook coming out, and I was SO CONFUSED.

I will always give props to Lily Allen for the way she handled her pregnancy losses in the face of shit like what Perez Hilton threw at her, but that is neither here nor there in this thread.

katesti

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:50 pm

Time to move Miley and Liam to the grownups table:
"Since Liam returned to L.A., Miley has been in the best mood. They are together, and will continue their wedding plans," the source adds of the couple, whose time apart ignited rumors they had split.
Yeah, this is going to end well...

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 43 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 33 ... 43  Next