Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Community

+55
Kiran
Author By Night
Eris Rising
winncienzo
mandalaya
mo pie
Fraoch
epudom
dday515
Raksha
Case
Grainne Mhaol
eventide82
Bad Username
Rhilin
choubetcha
Corvus
SarahJanet
Never Enough
Mulva
jensa
BreezyK
biakbiak
Evil Lincoln
demgirl
sobe
elleth
bluebird
RiverThames
ActonBell
Caramel Coffee
Wildog27
nazlan
Matinee
punzy
Gilraen
Ji Xiang
NewYorkStranger
pizzagirl20
VodouDoll
killershrew
Bob Genghis Khan
caltrask55
Genevieve
punkysdilemma
Jamie
Instant Monkeys
Shalamar
jcpdiesel21
bookworm
The Dude
bbridges
laddical
blixie
queenofdenile
59 posters

Page 10 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Go down

Community  - Page 10 Empty Re: Community

Post  laddical Thu May 17, 2012 3:51 pm

That looks more 16-bit than 8-bit. The sprites are simple enough, but the color palette's too deep for 8-bit.

WORST. EPISODE. EVER.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Thu May 17, 2012 7:28 pm

Wildog27 wrote:Preview of the 8-bit video game episode tonight Looks great!

I agree! It brought me back to my Nintendo days!
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie Thu May 17, 2012 7:47 pm

I saw that link and I thought "Another gimmick episode again?" Then I watched it and Annie-awwed. This really is the best show ever.
Jamie
Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Thu May 17, 2012 9:28 pm

I love this show so much. BEST SHOW EVER. #savecommunity
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Thu May 17, 2012 11:34 pm

I can't. I can't. I...I can't. How to process all of this. At the risk of sounding like Mark, I HAVE SO MANY FEELS.

I have so many things to say but I need to hug this show in my mind for awhile, so I'll start off discussion by noting that Goth Magician Jeff is one of the hottest things I have ever seen, and let the rest of you take it from there.

(No, but seriously, that was SUPER hot and I'm a little disturbed by how hot I found him.)
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  VodouDoll Thu May 17, 2012 11:34 pm

So just to make sure I got what was going on at the end, Troy moved out of the blanket fort and into the dreamatorium?

And, aw, Jeff and Annie never slept together even though they said they would in the season opener. I wonder if the Internet shippers will be upset.

Jesus, Joel McHale was hot in that magician outfit.

VodouDoll

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Fri May 18, 2012 12:07 am

I loved the video game episode so much I want to hug it and squeeze it and call it George. I really felt like the group cared about Pierce and were willing to make sacrifices for him, and you honestly could see growth in that character (who I honestly had written off). *slow clap* show.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Genevieve Fri May 18, 2012 1:58 am

I loved all of it. (especially Jeff Winger goth magician)
Genevieve
Genevieve

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Fri May 18, 2012 2:26 am

Starburns lives!!!
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Fri May 18, 2012 9:51 am

The finale made me tear up a bit.

I'll start off discussion by noting that Goth Magician Jeff is one of the hottest things I have ever seen, and let the rest of you take it from there.

(No, but seriously, that was SUPER hot and I'm a little disturbed by how hot I found him.)

RIGHT? I normally do not like Criss Angel types AT ALL, but Jeff looked so smoking that I was alarmed by how hot I thought he was.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar Fri May 18, 2012 10:51 am

Yes, he was extremely hot. Why is guyliner so damned attractive?

I have to add some love for the video game episode. Their avatars were SO CUTE (especially Troy's). Plus, Gus from Breaking Bad!
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Fri May 18, 2012 1:14 pm

Seriously. I'm a fully heterosexual man, and I thought Jeff was pretty damn hot there.

My favorite bit was the crazy MC for the SunRoom FaceOff. But mostly because that was a guy I went to college with.
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Fri May 18, 2012 9:19 pm

OH JOEL MCHALE. How do you keep getting hotter? HOW?

I just mainlined all three of those and I can't process. I just love this show very very much.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Fri May 18, 2012 9:22 pm

My stupid DVR. Recorded the first minute of the first episode twice... and then nothin'.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  choubetcha Sat May 19, 2012 1:22 am

Hate to Britta everyone's triple episode buzz (so good, right?), but it looks like Dan Harmon is out as showrunner and may be out of the show altogether.

Pop-Pop and Boom! Dan Harmon will not be returning as showrunner of NBC's Community, and whether he'll remain involved at all with the series he created at remains very much in doubt. Sony Pictures Television, which produces the series with Universal Television, has closed a deal with Happy Endings writers David Guarascio and Moses Port to join Community as showrunners and exec producers.

It sounds like there were some legitimate problems with Harmon as showrunner but Sony replacing him without letting him know is a low blow. I'm very worried about what a post-Harmon Community looks like.

choubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhilin Sat May 19, 2012 2:21 am

On the plus side, they're only getting a truncated Season 4, so if it's bad, it won't be bad for long?

Rhilin

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Sat May 19, 2012 2:54 am

Co-executive producer who everyone already knew had a new deal at Universal but might continue with the show because it was just a development deal tweeted this when the news broke:

Nov. '09 I joined my favorite show on TV and today leave my favorite anything ever. Thanks Community, fans, and @DanHarmon. E Pluribus Anus.

One thing that a lot of people predicted when news came about that Dan's deal talks with Sony weren't going well is that so many on the staff are so loyal to Dan they wouldn't take the showrunner position and also that they might leave the show entirely, so this doesn't bode well. Particularly with Neil Goldman and Garrett Donovan confirmed to be leaving earlier this month, so it isn't just that Harmon is leaving it's the a good portion of the people who steer the show.

I guess I will just have to keep in my heart that Starburns lives because I can't imagine Dino participating in anyway whatsoever.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Sat May 19, 2012 3:20 am

He may have been difficult, but will the replacement have the ability to go on such wildly conceptual benders. Harmon's attitude made for more risk taking.

didn't notice magician Jeff, I was too busy oggling Goth Britta.

"Shut up Leonard! I know about your crooked wang!"
"There's no such thing as bad press."
shut up Leonard wouldn't be near as funny if it didn't roll off him.

"This is a few cat turds and a Pixies poster away from being your apartment." ...or mine.

'I'll sit on it!"

Great payoff to the AC school storyline, which I was meh on up to this point.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Sat May 19, 2012 11:13 am

I'm so upset. Here I was riding this high about having three Communitys in a row to end what has been my favorite season, and now this news. It's been confirmed that the highest-ranked writer still on the show, Chris McKenna, is also leaving. No way is this show going to be what it was.

I've been saying that I feel like Abed watching the last episode of Cougarton Abbey, but my favorite tweet about the incident was "Troy and Abed in mourning."
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  Wildog27 Sat May 19, 2012 12:12 pm

I think #troyandabedinmourning needs to get trending on Twitter....

Wildog27

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Sat May 19, 2012 1:42 pm

Ugh, first my mind was blown by how absolutely wonderful the last three episode were, and so excited to know I'd be getting 13 more, only to now be rendered speechless by just how almost pointless that renewal now is given Harmon being fired. UGH.

Who decided to re-work/re-brand a show in it's fourth season, I mean other than OTH? Oof.

Unbelievable. Jeff bet on Britta with all our lives, and he WON.

It's entirely possible that 8-bit Pierce was even more adorable and huggable than Teddy Pierce.

Sniff, #troyandabedinmourning indeed.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Sat May 19, 2012 2:23 pm

Ugh, first my mind was blown by how absolutely wonderful the last three episode were, and so excited to know I'd be getting 13 more, only to now be rendered speechless by just how almost pointless that renewal now is given Harmon being fired. UGH.

My thoughts exactly. I wish Community had been cancelled outright now.

I know Happy Endings has a lot of fans, but to me it is very cynical and lacking in heart so I don't see how Happy Endings writers will be able to understand Community and make a successful go of it.

I feel like I'm in mourning now, which I KNOW sounds ridiculously melodramatic but I really loved this show and it meant a lot to me.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 Sat May 19, 2012 6:24 pm

Dan Harmon is pretty much the heart and soul of this show, so it's difficult to imagine it continuing without him. I hope that season 4 isn't as bad as everyone is thinking that it will be. Now it almost would have been more fitting for the show to have wrapped after season 3.

The last three episodes were fun. For me the first episode was awesome, the second was great with reservations and the third was pretty good. The video game episode is probably my favorite of the entire season. It was clever and extremely funny and I liked the way that it dealt with Pierce and his late father. Plus, Giancarlo Esposito, who was great. It felt like the writers had recently read Ready Player One and were inspired by the story. The Ocean's 11-type action in the second episode was a lot of fun, but the Chang's Army storyline resolution was weak, and I don't like that Chang just got away pretty much scot-free. While I didn't find the last episode to be as funny and wasn't wild about how it separated so many of the characters, I liked where it left all of the characters at the end and had an emotionally satisfying conclusion.
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 19, 2012 6:45 pm

VodouDoll wrote:So just to make sure I got what was going on at the end, Troy moved out of the blanket fort and into the dreamatorium?
I thought Britta was moving into the room formerly known as the Dreamatorium, to be Abed's full time therapist, and Abed created a smaller, TARDIS-sized (and appropriately bigger-on-the-inside) Dreamatorium in the blanket fort.

I liked where it left all of the characters at the end and had an emotionally satisfying conclusion.
IMO, it was be best of the three season finales. While I'm happy that Community will be back, if the show wasn't renewed, it would have been an appropriate series finale, as well. #sixseasonsandamovie

Also, if the post-Harmon, post-McKenna era is terrible, I can just pretend "Introduction To Finality" *was* the series finale. #troyandabedinmourning

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Sun May 20, 2012 2:01 am

I thought Britta was moving into the room formerly known as the Dreamatorium, to be Abed's full time therapist, and Abed created a smaller, TARDIS-sized (and appropriately bigger-on-the-inside) Dreamatorium in the blanket fort.

According to Dan it was supposed to be Britta helping Troy move out of his and Abed's blanket fort and into the former Dreamatorium.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum