Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game of Thrones (Book Spoilers, Srsly, Monkey)

+57
dionneshea
PirateCatarina
Carrie Ann
nazlan
Corellderaan
mandalaya
emrie
gannetguts
Shalamar
Kiran
laddical
FiggyPudding
Esseilte
truecrystal
bbridges
Eris Rising
inversed
BrightEyes
harvey the penguin
Corvus
draco vulgaris
Matinee
biakbiak
themis
jstilwe
midnight radio
xyzzy
MaddyCat
ariadne
punkysdilemma
TiffanyNichelle
RiverThames
sen3
Charishawk
Fiammetta
blixie
Cynara
laurelin_kit
Instant Monkeys
Unlucky Bear
allochthonous
wenchsenior
sagitare
punzy
queenofdenile
The Dude
tothemax
BreezyK
Gallifrey Girl
Caramel Coffee
Wilhelmina
ulkis
oresteia
NewYorkStranger
ActonBell
naughty zoot
Red Wolf
61 posters

Page 6 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next

Go down

Game of Thrones (Book Spoilers, Srsly, Monkey) - Page 6 Empty Re: Game of Thrones (Book Spoilers, Srsly, Monkey)

Post  Red Wolf Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:51 am

We need some behind the scenes shots of Sophie Turner standing next to Gwendoline Christie. If Sophie hasn't matched Gwen's height yet, she will in a few years.

It was a good ep, all up. I liked Margery trying to get Renly to do his job. Good fun.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Game of Thrones (Book Spoilers, Srsly, Monkey) - Page 6 Empty Re: Game of Thrones (Book Spoilers, Srsly, Monkey)

Post  wenchsenior Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:43 am

GOOD TIMES! Still extremely impressed with the added scenes. While I occasionally miss them skipping some moment that I particularly loved in the book, I think it's worth it to get all these new perspectives and character moments, like the thing with Yoren :sob:. It's almost like getting book 'extras'...all the things that the books hint at but don't focus on because the characters aren't POV (like the Margarey/Loras/Renly dynamic). I'm really fond of Renly in the show...he's probably be a pretty good king in peacetime. Alas, it isn't peacetime.

wenchsenior

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:06 pm

Another thing occured to me, did the goldcloaks not get the memo that all of Robert's bastards are supposedly dark-haired?

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynara Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:37 pm

That, and the memo that Gendry made the helmet himself? Which a skinny 12-year-old (blond) kid probably couldn't have done?

Cynara

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:49 pm

Weren't those all Lanister soldiers this time around and not Goldcloaks? I'm also not sure how much the rank and file know since it's probably not a good idea to advertise the reason for baby slaughter. Anyway I'm sure it will come up later.

It was great that Tyrion planted information, but I almost expected the queen to hear from all three of them. Anyway the odds are good Varys and Baelish knew it was a ruse in the first place.

When I saw the Hill tribesmen with the Imp in the first episode I got a laugh, finally had some payoff to what kind of hell they would get up to.
"Cut his dick off and feed it to the goats."
"There are no goats."
"Then make do somehow!"

I knew Natalie Dormer was going to have at least one Sexposition scene this year, but damn they didn't dawdle with it.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:40 pm

Jesus H, Brienne is the tallest woman I think I've ever seen. Catelyn barely came up to her shoulder. Also, am I hearing things or do like half the character in the show pronounce it "Cat-uh-lyn Stark"?

I liked Yoren's story about his brother and him being the impetus for Arya's nightly prayer.
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynara Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:59 am

This has nothing to do with the actual show, except that I just looked up Maisie Williams, who plays Arya, on imdb and she just turned 15. Does that blow anyone else's mind? I thought she was maybe 11. And apparently Jack Gleeson, who plays Joffrey, is 19 or 20. I would have thought 15, if that.

Cynara

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:21 am

He's also the little kid Katie Holmes protects in the Narrows in Batman Begins, which blew my mind.
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:34 pm

And apparently Jack Gleeson, who plays Joffrey, is 19 or 20. I would have thought 15, if that..

THAT blows my mind. I am going to look it up, because I don't believe it, heh. Where did you read it?

I knew that the Arya actress was 14 when the show started, so I was prepared.

Jesus H, Brienne is the tallest woman I think I've ever seen.

According to an interview, she's 6'3.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:45 am

BRIENNNE! The Maid of Tarth is here! I was initially wary about her casting because I always am, but she was per-fect.

Also, the scenes with Tyrion manipulating Pycelle/Varys/Littlefinger were very well-edited and truncated for the TV show. I was impressed.
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:28 am

I was reaaaaaally hoping they woudn't actually show too much of Melisandre birthing the shadow. Meh.

Both Grey Wind and Tywin know how to make an entrance. Damn, Charles Dance is awesome.

Lancel Lannister is as much of a little shit as Joffrey.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:30 am

You know, I know this is HBO so they want to push the limits, but I DID NOT need that scene with Joffrey and the prostitutes. Horrible. I hate him enough already, thanks, I don't need to be severely disturbed.

I know Tyrion thought about doing that in the books but if I remember correctly he did not. I'd think that Tyrion would be smart enough to know what Joffrey would do to girls who were utterly powerless, especially in private.

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:12 am

You know, I know this is HBO so they want to push the limits, but I DID NOT need that scene with Joffrey and the prostitutes. Horrible. I hate him enough already, thanks, I don't need to be severely disturbed.

Yeah, that was annoyingly unnecessary. We know Joffrey is a total shithead and that nothing is beyond him. The scene with Sansa proved that.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:05 am

Bron should have stuck with his original assesment.

I want Ser Meryn dead about as much as Joffrey.

Tyroin's Hill tribe entourage is a nice touch.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  BreezyK Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:17 pm

For those who have read all the books, >>
Spoiler:
<<

LOVED the ending with the birth of shadow baby. Perfect. I wish there was a way they could show a little bit more of the backstory of Davos - I found myself explaining his importance to my husband. In fact, there's so much backstory that's important that isn't always conveyed, like just how insane the Mad King was and why Robert took over in the first place. I know this gets parceled out in drips and drabs in the books, but I wonder if we'll ever have a full on flashback episode.

BreezyK

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:20 pm

I really would like a flashback episode, or a few series of flashbacks, at least. I want to know what show-verse Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen and the Mad King look like.
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  BreezyK Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:27 pm

Yes, yes, yes, dying to know what all those characters look like! MAJOR THEORY SPOILER, DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW
Spoiler:

BreezyK

Back to top Go down

Post  Fiammetta Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:33 pm

I think a Jaime-centric episode would be a perfect time to have a nice, long flashback into the day he became "Kingslayer."

I agree the Joffrey + whores scene was entirely unnecessary. Are we supposed to be watching Ros slowly but surely develop severe PTSD? It's hard to believe Tyrion could make such a massive miscalculation. Also, I enjoy the little glimpses of the Hound that we get; I always hope for a little more. Meanwhile, every second Roose Bolton is on screen, I get the willies. The Flayed Man sigil is more than adequately creepy.

It was kind of hilarious how much like a ranting crazy person Dany appeared at the gates of Qarth. Also, Jorah Mormont is still way hotter than he ought to be.

Arya's list! I am a little ashamed of how happy I was to see her start it. Tywin sure entered Harrenhal like a boss. If she were anyone else, he probably would have won her eternal loyalty in that moment.

Fiammetta

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:38 pm

I know, after this you'd think Roz would think begging in the street would be better than being a prostitute. In Kingslanding, at least. She seemed to have better luck up near Winterfell.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  wenchsenior Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:10 pm

They certainly didn't need that Joffrey scene...although I guess it did its job, assuming its job was making me leap up from the couch yelling, "Oh god oh no!" and run to the bedroom until the scene was over.

Much of this ep was pretty unpleasant, but that's going to be kind of par for the course, so I should get used to it. Now that they've renewed for season 3, I should just start numbing myself to the horror now, I guess.

LOVED that scene with Tyrion manipulating Lancel. Lancel is such a perfect idiot teenager, and Dinklage kicked ten kinds of acting ass in just a couple minutes. He also owned that scene were he rescued Sansa: "That was a threat. See the difference?"

Also loved the demon baby birth, which was EXACTLY how I pictured it...so horrifying and creepy.

Roose Bolton is also exactly like how I pictured him. :shudder: Also like the casting for Xaro, a character I've always been amused by. And I'm excited about the production design for Qarth...looks Indian-inspired, which is always a winner with me.

So, am I misremembering, or are they changing more stuff from the book? Like, who is this girl Robb was talking to? And I don't remember Littlefinger delivering the 'prisoner swap' terms to Catelyn...or did that just happen "offscreen" in the book? Also, in the book, wasn't Arya made cupbearer to Bolton? I don't remember Tywin even being at Harrenhall (which, btw, fantastic production design). And if they are changing these things, to what purpose? Not that I remember Roose playing that much of an active role until later books...so maybe they are saving their firepower with that character for later? Or am I totally misremembering things?

Charles Dance is so effortlessly badass and awesome. Sexy, too, even though I really hate Tywin. And yeah, Jorah. Crazy hot. How do actors do that insane charisma thing? It's like a superpower.

wenchsenior

Back to top Go down

Post  wenchsenior Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:14 pm

Fiammetta wrote:
I agree the Joffrey + whores scene was entirely unnecessary. Are we supposed to be watching Ros slowly but surely develop severe PTSD?

I actually have a theory about what they are doing with Ros, and it isn't a happy one.
Spoiler:

wenchsenior

Back to top Go down

Post  wenchsenior Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:18 pm

BreezyK wrote:For those who have read all the books, >>
Spoiler:
<<

Yes. There are a lot of characters where the actors have made me a lot more attached than I was in the books:
Spoiler:

wenchsenior

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:20 pm

I was so relieved when Joffrey just wanted Queen Ros of the Whores to beat the crap out of the girl with the stick and not something else.

Oh Robb, King in my PantsNorth, of course you would fall for the doctor girl who doesn't give a crap about the war. I did love the opening with the direwolf coming out of nowhere.

All the bad people were so bad this week I was happy to see Tywin, lol. He saw that Arya was a girl right away, love it.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  wenchsenior Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:34 pm

TiffanyNichelle wrote:I was so relieved when Joffrey just wanted Queen Ros of the Whores to beat the crap out of the girl with the stick and not something else.

Oh, really? I thought it was the 'something else'. I was sure it was going to be, which is why I had flashbacks to "Seven", got nauseous, and raced out of the room. Phew. Not that beating is good, either...

wenchsenior

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:50 pm

wenchsenior wrote:
TiffanyNichelle wrote:I was so relieved when Joffrey just wanted Queen Ros of the Whores to beat the crap out of the girl with the stick and not something else.

Oh, really? I thought it was the 'something else'. I was sure it was going to be, which is why I had flashbacks to "Seven", got nauseous, and raced out of the room. Phew. Not that beating is good, either...

I thought it was going to be something else too, and think it was directed that way intentionally. It's part of why I found that scene so over-the-top disturbing.

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next