Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game of Thrones (Book Spoilers, Srsly, Monkey)

+57
dionneshea
PirateCatarina
Carrie Ann
nazlan
Corellderaan
mandalaya
emrie
gannetguts
Shalamar
Kiran
laddical
FiggyPudding
Esseilte
truecrystal
bbridges
Eris Rising
inversed
BrightEyes
harvey the penguin
Corvus
draco vulgaris
Matinee
biakbiak
themis
jstilwe
midnight radio
xyzzy
MaddyCat
ariadne
punkysdilemma
TiffanyNichelle
RiverThames
sen3
Charishawk
Fiammetta
blixie
Cynara
laurelin_kit
Instant Monkeys
Unlucky Bear
allochthonous
wenchsenior
sagitare
punzy
queenofdenile
The Dude
tothemax
BreezyK
Gallifrey Girl
Caramel Coffee
Wilhelmina
ulkis
oresteia
NewYorkStranger
ActonBell
naughty zoot
Red Wolf
61 posters

Page 11 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next

Go down

Game of Thrones (Book Spoilers, Srsly, Monkey) - Page 11 Empty Re: Game of Thrones (Book Spoilers, Srsly, Monkey)

Post  FiggyPudding Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:10 pm

laurelin_kit wrote:I will buy or rent a movie theater popcorn machine to prepare for the screams of the internet the night the Red Wedding airs.

Hah! I spoiled myself because based on what little I heard, there is some deviation from the books, and I know I would never get through them anyway and will probably be an old woman before the author completes them. The stories are so complex I can't even remember most of the spoilers, but the few "major" events are going to mean absolute mayhem on the internet!

FiggyPudding

Back to top Go down

Game of Thrones (Book Spoilers, Srsly, Monkey) - Page 11 Empty Re: Game of Thrones (Book Spoilers, Srsly, Monkey)

Post  ulkis Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:49 pm

I always figured the season would end with the attack by the Others. This is a time where I feel sorry for the non-book readers who expect this plot to actually go somewhere when, um, it hasn't for three books now. .

I would not hold it against Geroge if they magically disappeared. I don't care about the Others at all.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  sen3 Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:33 am

I guess since I finally finished ADwD, Alfie Allen/Theon Greyjoy was the MVP of the season for me. More than Dinklage/Tyrion. And I pretty much hate the Iron Islanders but the show and actor has done such a great job of telling his story. Wowie that was a great storyline.

With this episode, I think I'm OK with separating the show from the books even more than before. Like many, I had a lot of things that I was looking forward to like Rhaegar effin Targaryen in the HOTU, or Arya killing dudes and making her own way to get out of Harrenhal. But the show is just so good on its own, I can get over it. After this season where there was not much movement with Dany, there are some things I hope they will change for her story. Like a whole hell of a lot. Condense her wandering around and destroying cities, angsting over freeing slaves, sexing up Daario, and all those dudes who want to marry her, etc.

sen3

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:42 am

My problem is not so much the show taking out scenes that I was looking forward to seeing, but the show changing characters in ways that make me like them less than I do in the books. I feel like they made Robb AND Jon look really, really stupid this season when they didn't have to. I do agree, though, about Theon/Alfie Allen being the MVP of the season.
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:48 am

I just feel..dislocated in terms of what it is I'm supposed to be rooting for in the series. At this point I'm all YAY Lannisters! The entire show feels very Lion POV. Tyrion is awesome, but so to is TV Tywin, TV Jaime, and even TV Cersei has her humanity, and certainly Tommen/Myrcella are sweet and inoffensive. Only Joffrey remains as horrible as he was in the books (if not even worse), and if that's the case why should I care if Dany ever gets back to the Iron Throne, why should I believe they can't face down the wights/others just as well as the bumbling Starks or the Whiny Targaryen? Especially with Kick Ass House Tyrell as their allies.

Ideally we should root for everyone equally, question everyone equally, that's not really what I'm feeling at the conclusion of season two. I do still want the Starks to reunite as a family, and I guess that maybe is enough.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:58 am

I just finished ASS a few observations:
  • If there's any moral to ASOI&F it's that an open bar at a wedding is just asking for trouble.
  • I became more satisfied with Joffrey's death after each subsequent account
  • Just mentioning Balon dying wasn't near enough. I'm sure the series will give us a better exit.
  • I have no idea how they will stretch Stannis' storyline to a two seasons.
  • Dany's storyline would work great for one season, it's pretty thin for two
  • If Lincoln had some of Dany's knack for emmancipation, he'd probably still be alive.
  • No let up on sexposition.
  • I started reading the books so I wouldn't have to wait for the series, but I'm just two away from having to wait on Glacier RR Martin.
  • Joffrey=cruel to cats, Stannis=doesn't like cats bad leaders. Tommen should be a good leader then.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:32 am

If Lincoln had some of Dany's knack for emmancipation, he'd probably still be alive.
I dunno. Age would have probably got to him eventually. But yes, it is a great scene.

Also, Ser Pounce! If I ever get a cat, that's what I'm calling him. However, Stannis is actually winning me over through the show. It's his sheer persistance in keeping going despite all the obstacles and setbacks. I've come to enjoy his stubborness.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:25 pm

However, Stannis is actually winning me over through the show. It's his sheer persistance in keeping going despite all the obstacles and setbacks.

I agree. His continuing siege on the castle after his army had already been decimated was pretty bad ass. And I have to say his claim to the iron throne seems more legit than either Renly or Joffrey, so I can see why he is always seething with self-righteousness and bitterness.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  bbridges Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:44 pm

I'm so glad that the show has made people like Stannis more since Team Dragonstone are my frequently my favorites.
bbridges
bbridges

Back to top Go down

Post  jstilwe Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:53 pm

New season 3 cast members revealed. The casting looks freakishly spot on, particularly for Jojen and Thoros.

jstilwe

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:00 pm

Oh my god. Thomas Sangster's real voice is his Ferb voice. I don't think I could take any character seriously sounding like Ferb.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:15 pm

Ha, the guy playing Thoros of Myr looks EXACTLY how I pictured him in my head.

Also, Diana Rigg! Yay!
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:02 am

Diana Rigg works just as well as Maggie Smith.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iME60JZInfw
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:01 am

Wow. The little kid from Love Actually still looks like the little kid from Love Actually, though according to IMDB he's 22? Isn't that a little old for the character?
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  jstilwe Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:12 am

I would've guessed his age as 14 or 15, so I think he'll probably be fine, especially since they cast everyone else a few years older.

jstilwe

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:39 am

Thomas Brodie-Sangster is 22, though he doesn't look it. Seriously, he's good at looking no older than 15.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  bbridges Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:49 pm

I think they are trying to limit actual children on the show in cases where it doesn't matter. They got really lucky with the Stark kids. The Reeds can be older without too much trouble. I'm sure it's also why Missandei is an adult rather than a little kid.

I am ridiculously excited that Brutus is going to be Edmure.
bbridges
bbridges

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:12 am

I am ridiculously excited that Brutus is going to be Edmure.
Well-meaning, but dumb. That's him. :)

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:57 pm

Finished A Feast For Crows: Murders of 6 or More Will Have an 18% Gratuity Automatically Added to Their Bill

• I for one never had the hatred to Jaime that was supposed to undergo a change around this part. Having started the TV series before the books I guess the charm and humor of NCW's performance cushioned me from his Kid Crippling, Sister fucking antics and I never held the Kingslaying against him.
  • Margery's arrest draws heavily from Anne Boleyn, which I'm sure will lead to comments that "They're ripping off The Tudors, rabble! rabble! rabble!" especially given Natile Dormer is playing both roles. Of course, GRRM wrote it before the TV series and it's a historical event. Reminds me of some complaints that LOTR was derivative of Star Wars.
  • It's just a big procession of male role models for Arya.
  • If Jaime sucks so bad as a south paw, why doesn't he try a strap-on sword for his right hand? He's already got the fake hand with the Kung-Fu grip.
  • Much like the Catholic church and Jedi Knights, vows of celibacy have caused nothing but trouble for the Kingsgaurd and Night's Watch.
  • Love Arianne Martel and the Sand Snakes. They're the Fox Force 5 of Westeros.
  • I'm liking Littlefinger as the Henry Tudor of this conflict. He's Lord of one Kingdom has the presumptive heir of two more under his thumb. Of course his creepy transference of affection to Sansa makes you wonder if she'll have to stab him at some point.
  • I can appreciate Cersei's truculence from a feminist stand point, understand her relief about not having to marry again and found her response to the Shield Islands invasion surprisingly reasonable. But damn she crazy! So much schaddenfruede over her plan getting her arrested and probably starting another war.
  • Let's be honest, the inbreeding wasn't Joffrey's only problem.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  inversed Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:43 am

My husband and I are about halfway through Season 2 right now, and he is OBSESSED. It's kind of hilarious, because he never gets this way about things, but as soon as one episode ends he's like, "Let's watch another, can we can we?" I keep telling him he should read the books because he's constantly asking questions, mostly about when certain abhorrent characters are going to die. I refuse to tell him, of course, other than to reassure him that
Spoiler:

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  BreezyK Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:57 pm

I had to laugh over the last line in Lainey's post today. Oh yes, the wedding scene should be memorable.

I like the trailer in that post very much, especially if it means that
Spoiler:

BreezyK

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:17 pm

Lainey's GoT opinions amuse the shit out of me. She refuses to read the books, which is fine, but shes super smug about it, and super sure of whats going to happen and IT IS NEVER RIGHT. Also she really hates Cat. Like a lot.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:45 pm

I was looking at the episode titles for this season and ep 9 is The Rains of Castamere. Oh my!
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:25 pm

I've expressed my admiration of show Margery over book Marge, but I do wonder if her savy and ability to manage Joffrey will make Littlefinger's implication of Olenna in the poisoning ring true. It would seem she has less reason to fear for this Margery's safety.

I think the viewers who haven't read the books should be referred to as The Unsullied.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:01 pm

I guess I don't get that, I thought book Margery was a total baller, and she and Olenna were just as much a team as they are on the show. Once a marriage took place Margery would never have been able to protect herself physically from Joffrey's sadism, not with the an entire kingsguard and numerous other willing hounds at his command.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next