Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game of Thrones (Book Spoilers, Srsly, Monkey)

+57
dionneshea
PirateCatarina
Carrie Ann
nazlan
Corellderaan
mandalaya
emrie
gannetguts
Shalamar
Kiran
laddical
FiggyPudding
Esseilte
truecrystal
bbridges
Eris Rising
inversed
BrightEyes
harvey the penguin
Corvus
draco vulgaris
Matinee
biakbiak
themis
jstilwe
midnight radio
xyzzy
MaddyCat
ariadne
punkysdilemma
TiffanyNichelle
RiverThames
sen3
Charishawk
Fiammetta
blixie
Cynara
laurelin_kit
Instant Monkeys
Unlucky Bear
allochthonous
wenchsenior
sagitare
punzy
queenofdenile
The Dude
tothemax
BreezyK
Gallifrey Girl
Caramel Coffee
Wilhelmina
ulkis
oresteia
NewYorkStranger
ActonBell
naughty zoot
Red Wolf
61 posters

Page 3 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next

Go down

Game of Thrones (Book Spoilers, Srsly, Monkey) - Page 3 Empty Re: Game of Thrones (Book Spoilers, Srsly, Monkey)

Post  wenchsenior Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:47 pm

Fiammetta wrote:Apparently obsidian blades have a finer edge than steel. They're just brittle.

I am starting to worry about GRRM's writing speed again. Is the show gonna catch up to him before he gets the sixth book out? I thought the writing was supposed to come along faster once he had dealt with the Mereenese knot....*wringing hands*

Well, realistically, how much can you expect him to have written in the 6 months or so since the promo tour from the last book got finished (assuming it even IS)? Even in the early years, it took him 2-3 years between books...

Is there some news that he's blocked again?

wenchsenior

Back to top Go down

Game of Thrones (Book Spoilers, Srsly, Monkey) - Page 3 Empty Re: Game of Thrones (Book Spoilers, Srsly, Monkey)

Post  Cynara Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:50 pm

Last I heard, he already has ~100 pages or so done of book 6, and that was a couple of months ago. Which isn't a lot, but it is something. I'm just hoping he doesn't pull a Robert Jordan on us.

Cynara

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:43 pm

a buddy of mine hates Robert jordan like I hate Robert Altman and said the series got good once the new guy took over and stripped down the wank. What this has to do with GRRM, I'm sure at some point HBO would just get him a ghost writter.

If you want to see Obsidian in action there's a Deadliest Warrior on netflix with the Aztec Jaguar. There's a scene reminiscent of the Mountain on that episode.

My only disapointment with the previews and Tywin was I didn't see Bron or Shay with him.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  wenchsenior Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:20 pm

The Dude wrote:a buddy of mine hates Robert jordan like I hate Robert Altman and said the series got good once the new guy took over and stripped down the wank. What this has to do with GRRM, I'm sure at some point HBO would just get him a ghost writter.

If you want to see Obsidian in action there's a Deadliest Warrior on netflix with the Aztec Jaguar. There's a scene reminiscent of the Mountain on that episode.

My only disapointment with the previews and Tywin was I didn't see Bron or Shay with him.

It's Brandon Sanderson who took over Jordan, right? He's very good. He'd be my first choice to take on this series, too, if anything untoward were to happen to Martin.

wenchsenior

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:44 pm

The Blu-Rays have interactive maps, character dossiers and history guides. The only thing it lacks is Sean Bean on any extras.

Oh yeah, bear you have to tell us how your husband reacts.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:29 pm

Also, I think I like Sansa more now because of the campaigning at Fandom March Madness. Clearly I am easily swayed because I really pretty much hated her in the book, but after seeing that stuff I had a total turnaround on her.

My turnaround with Sansa came about in her last POV chapter of the first book, but I imagine that if I hadn't read it, I would still have been swayed just by this scene. "Or maybe he'll give me yours." Oh, BURN!

Still I just can't imagine this series with Ned being traded for for Jaime having any umph. Now I'm all like "Fuck the Blond Man!"

Oh, just wait. Juuuuust wait.
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:15 pm

queenofdenile wrote:
Still I just can't imagine this series with Ned being traded for for Jaime having any umph. Now I'm all like "Fuck the Blond Man!"

Oh, just wait. Juuuuust wait.
I'm sure I would be more upset if i weren't so sure that little shit hadn't sighned his death warrant killing Ned. He shit the bed with the only one of the other four factions he could have possibly dealt with and I'm sure stuff like cutting out toungues of minstrels and firing Ser Barristan will bite him in the ass.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:48 am

New Trailer

On the commentary track while Tyrion slaps Joffrey, Nikolaj CW asks if the others saw the youtube of 10 minutes of slapping him.

Last edited by The Dude on Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  laurelin_kit Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:15 pm

Every episode needs a Nikolaj commentary track.
laurelin_kit
laurelin_kit

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:35 pm

I love these knitted Starks.

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:34 pm

That is adorable.
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:35 pm

They are so adorable, I would love to have them all! I especially love how perfectly they depicted Jon's hair.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:10 am

No one confirm or deny this, but I get the feeling that someone (I'm hoping Joffrey) will get impaled on the top of the Iron Throne. It's like Chekov's rule: "If in Act I you have a stone pummel horse in the town square, then someone must do Gymkata on it by the last act."
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  wenchsenior Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:41 pm

I caved to HBO just so I could watch this season live with you guys. Pretty excited!

wenchsenior

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:52 pm

awesome!

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:05 pm

I caved to HBO just so I could watch this season live with you guys. Pretty excited!
So did I. The Mr doesn't know it yet. I plan to surprise him tomorrow afternoon when they run a marathon of Season 1.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:22 pm

Ha! Us too. My husband was a lot more willing when he realized this also meant he could watch Bill Maher's show as well. As soon as we activated the channels Sister Act was on. Win-win, as far as I'm concerned.
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:55 pm

That episode was just like one hour long prologue... and damn it was fantastic.

Nice to to see Joffrey and Sersei ramp up the repulsiveness.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:19 am

I don't get why Jon (who I am finding hotter this season, woo) pissed off Mormont.

So far my favorite stuff is with Stannis.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:35 am

Does anyone else want to shout "GAME! OF! THRONES!" like it was the opening of Wheel of Fortune? Just me?

Super excited about the new season. I feel like tonight was just a lot of exposition, but I really enjoyed it. Loving Melisandre (and I really hope someone addresses her by name so I can finally know how that's pronounced). I was glad to see Robb acting all BAMF-y around his men and Jaime, and then almost cry when Catelyn mentioned Ned. Can't wait for next week.

Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Charishawk Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:43 am

Unlucky Bear wrote:Does anyone else want to shout "GAME! OF! THRONES!" like it was the opening of Wheel of Fortune? Just me?

Well NOW I want to. Hee.

Charishawk

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:19 am

Unlucky Bear wrote:

Super excited about the new season. I feel like tonight was just a lot of exposition, but I really enjoyed it.
It was interesting exposition though. And we did get a great Imp scene with Tyrion making Sersei eat shit in the Small Council.

I did like the Stannis scenes because I don't see Renly as a usurper anymore. Maybe he has a point about a pedant under the sway of an evangelist as not being the best king. :spear:
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:18 am

Mormont was pissed off because Jon was not hiding his utter disgust and contempt for Craster and his treatment of his daughter-wives. Poker face, dude.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  sen3 Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:54 am

ZMOG. Davos. Stannis. The Dragonstone sequences ruled. I've always thought Stannis was just hilarious and awful. Now that he's also Stephen Dillane is going to make me rethink everything.

sen3

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:07 am

The Dude wrote:Nice to to see Joffrey and Sersei ramp up the repulsiveness.

I totally loved, though, that Littlefinger tried to pull his, "I'm going to play my political intrigue games and doublespeak to twist things to my favor." and Sersei's response was, "I have men with knives who kill people at my slightest whim so go fuck yourself."
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next