Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Southland

5 posters

Go down

Southland Empty Southland

Post  The Lady of Shalott Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:45 pm

Season 4 on TNT just began a couple of days ago. Please tell me I'm not the only one who's been absolutely dying in wait! The season opener was great--Lucy Liu has a guest star spot, possibly for the season, I'm not sure. Definitely for four or five episodes, though. She is fantastic in it.

In the scene near the end with the
Spoiler:
, but I didn't think Southland would rip off the headlines like that.

Regardless, an awesome start. I can't believe I have to wait an entire WEEK for the next episode.
The Lady of Shalott
The Lady of Shalott

Back to top Go down

Southland Empty Re: Southland

Post  nikita Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:03 pm

You're not the only one dying of wait! I've already watched the season premiere three times. This is such a great show, it's a shame it doesn't seem like anyone watches it.

I was a little apprehensive of Lucy Liu being on the show because I haven't seen her in much and the things I have seen her in, I didn't really like her. But I love her character on this. She and Cooper are a great pair and her character's backstory is very interesting. I'm looking forward to the rest of her episodes.

Of course Lydia is awesome as always and I'm loving Sammy and Ben as partners.

And damn, that Ben McKenzie just gets better with age.

nikita

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:13 pm

Yeah, this week has been great for television with this and Justified being back!

Really enjoyed it.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  preciosa Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:09 pm

This show is intense. I was saying that if it was on a cable network like HBO or Showtime I wouldn't be able to watch because I feel like I need the commercial breaks to come down from some of the shit that happens. It's so intensely paced.

preciosa

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:20 pm

I was apprehensive about Lucy Liu, too, but they used her well.

Also, did anyone else notice the new torso Shawn Hatosy had installed over the summer in the locker room scene? DAMN.

So glad show is back! Wish it wasn't competing with Justified, though.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  The Lady of Shalott Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:24 pm

I feel like Southland is drastically underestimated as a show--I mean, I laugh out loud, probably once in every episode, at least. It's not a comedy, but every one of the actors just nails the delivery of all their lines. I mean, I laughed at "We've got your cat, ma'am...we're going to have to...take her to the pound..."

I'm wondering if Sherman is going to head along the "asshole cop" career trajectory. But I have to say that I love Sammy as a uniform cop much more than as a detective. But regardless, Lydia is the best, for ever and ever and for always, the end.
The Lady of Shalott
The Lady of Shalott

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum