Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Once Upon a Time

+60
queenofdenile
sen3
chibimanda
Cynara
KaveDweller
sunni94
bookworm
LadyGayle
Matinee
CindyMc
Lurker
mandalaya
Jamie
MaddyCat
Renny Sue
Shadowlass
Corvus
Sheli
alexdegenhardt
ulkis
laurelin_kit
naughty zoot
sunshine95
VodouDoll
Snarryfan
MtOlivePickles
dday515
skittlebox
jaraga
Me Talk Pretty
vwlphb
Raised by wolves
Luciano
Shalamar
dreago
caltrask55
Unlucky Bear
Gillian
Bad Username
truecrystal
Kiran
choubetcha
Escape
Instant Monkeys
Luthien
mokey75
Auroura76
lisa
Poubelle
punzy
biakbiak
curryalley
jensa
TiffanyNichelle
maxell131313
laddical
Eris Rising
narfzz
bbridges
sagitare
64 posters

Page 16 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Once Upon a Time - Page 16 Empty Re: Once Upon a Time

Post  Kiran Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:05 am

I do like that this is a very woman focused show, I just miss Graham. And hate Henry. So that is where that came from.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:38 pm

I love the idea of Captain Hook roaming around in Manhattan without a ship. I'd watch that show.
Jamie
Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post  CindyMc Sun May 05, 2013 4:04 pm

I still miss Graham something fierce. Is anyone else still watching? I know Sunday nights are so busy, it's hard to keep up. And this season has (at least for me) been less emotionally satisfying.

CindyMc

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Sun May 05, 2013 4:59 pm

I'm watching. This show is not one I discuss in depth generally thought because for me it's escapism fluff more than anything else.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 Sun May 05, 2013 6:25 pm

I hate that Neil is Baelfire. I mean, really--that's sheer laziness on the writers' part. The one guy Emma happens to hook up with is Rumplestiltskin's son? And he didn't know who she was? Nope, not buying that one. (I did get a good laugh out of the interview in the Hollywood Reporter with the actor that plays Neil, though...he called Storybrooke's family tree a wreath.)

The other relationships on this show, while pushing it, are believable. (For a show about fairy tales, anyway.) This is the only one that is like a record scratching for me.
maxell131313
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyGayle Sun May 05, 2013 8:57 pm

maxell131313 wrote:I hate that Neil is Baelfire. I mean, really--that's sheer laziness on the writers' part. The one guy Emma happens to hook up with is Rumplestiltskin's son? And he didn't know who she was? Nope, not buying that one.

I can buy it, because this is a show based on fairy tales, and fairy tales are full of those kind of coincidences. (Also soap operas, which this show resembles more than little.) Baelfire was always going to have to show up again and I can see the logic in trying to tie him to characters other than Rumpy.

No, what kills me about Neal is what a massive douche he is. Seriously, he let his pregnant, underage girlfriend (okay, so he didn't know about the pregnant part, but still) go to jail for his crimes while he bugged out and since they've met up again he's been all smug and mocking towards her. Shouldn't he, you know, apologize? Did he do that and I missed it? Because his attitude makes me want to see Emma kick his ass.

LadyGayle

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Sun May 05, 2013 9:15 pm

I overall like Neal but yeah that is very true. Also I maintain Emma has better chemistry with both Graham and Hook.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  CindyMc Sun May 05, 2013 11:40 pm

I hate that Neil is Baelfire. I mean, really--that's sheer laziness on the writers' part. The one guy Emma happens to hook up with is Rumplestiltskin's son? And he didn't know who she was?

To me, it's not laziness. I suspect that was the plan all along, because of the fairy tale genre. Plus he left the Enchanted Forest long before even Snow was born, never mind Emma, so I don't expect him to have immediately recognized her. Still, after tonight's episode, I must say I need Neal to frigging earn even the right to talk to Emma about anything other than child support and whatever time he's supposed to pick up/drop off the kid. The "I love you," business tonight bothered me, not because I think she doesn't love him, but because she's closed off enough and he's betrayed her enough, that it doesn't seem right for me that she confessed it so soon (and first), no matter how precarious his circumstances.

CindyMc

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Mon May 06, 2013 9:23 am

Also I maintain Emma has better chemistry with both Graham and Hook.

And August/Pinocchio, and even the Mad Hatter, though I think her chemistry with Neil is still good even if the others are better. Maybe Jennifer Morrison is just a chemistry expert - she seems to click with every man they throw her way.
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Mon May 06, 2013 10:28 am

Shes really excellent in this role I have to say. I find that a lot of the times Emma is the one character I consistently like and identify with. Not saying shes always smart, but I would probably have shot at that dragon last season too.

But yes she really is good with the chemistry, and shes even like you said, good with Neal but because it is her weakest chemistry its hard to sell it for me as the love of her life. Instead I'm like "Cant we bring Graham back?"

Basically, Graham back, is a priority.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Luciano Mon May 06, 2013 3:26 pm

I still do not care about Tamara or Greg/Owen and the home office crap makes me scared for next season - I feel like I should feel bad for Owen but the second that storyline was tied in with Tamara's, I just wanted him to disappear along with her.

Lacey is such a groupie cliche that it's becoming funny to me - like she should be following around Grandmaster B on Married With Children or something.

I did love their take on the Peter Pan story. I thought everything in that story was perfect, from the malevolent shadow to the heroic Bae. Also great was that one sweet moment between Emma and Charming.

Luciano

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Mon May 06, 2013 3:33 pm

Lacey is hysterical to me, because its clear shes the creation of someone whose only knowledge of "bad girls" comes from ABC's 90s TGIF line up. My favorite thing about her is the way Robert Carlyle plays off her. Not this episode, but the last, when he realized she liked him beating up people his reaction of "SURE, BABY, I'LL ALWAYS TAKE THE OPPORTUNITY TO BEAT SOMEONE WITH MY PIMP CANE WHEN GIVEN." was my favorite thing ever.

Shes too ridiculous for me to be mad at her, you know? Plus I imagine being Harley from Boy Meets Worlds ex would be hard on anyone.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi Thu May 09, 2013 1:58 pm

Lacey is hysterical to me, because its clear shes the creation of someone whose only knowledge of "bad girls" comes from ABC's 90s TGIF line up.
haha so true.

I want Neil back ( I just saw the episode when he goes into the portal)
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Mon May 13, 2013 2:58 am

Interesting that they've got Regina back on the side of angels... AGAIN. Hopefully it sticks? She can still be sarcastic and awful in all the ways we love, but with a little less actually trying to murder everyone Henry loves that isn't her.

And I like that they appear to be setting up Peter Pan as some kind of villain. Can't wait to find out what his story is. I initially thought that Henry was being kidnapped and taken somewhere so we could skip a few years of his life and explain why the actor's getting older even though only a few months to a year have actually passed in-story. Then I remembered that no one's supposed to age in Neverland so... yeah.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Mon May 13, 2013 10:46 am

I am interested in that as well. I do still think someone on the writing staff is cribbing a bit from Fables because I remember Bill Willingham saying that Peter Pan was his original idea for the Adversary. That being said, I don't think its an idea thats never been thought of before (eternal child that kidnaps children and takes them to a never aging island can be real creepy) so I'm not mad at them.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Muggsy Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:54 pm

So that wasn't bad - some parts were fun even. I wanted to punch Emma when she was all "I"m a mother" or rather I don't know how Regina kept from punching her but whatever. I liked Bael's adventures with Mulan.

Muggsy

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:32 am

Yeah the "I'm a mother" thing was a bit irritating ... Also can they get better child actors? Pan was creepy but a bit meh. I'm liking this look of this season so far though a common enemy to both Regina and rumple and the good guys seems like fun ( also liked they didn't keep the humans too long either...and rumple not being soft)
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:23 am

We were *thisclose* to Mulan/Aurora and THEY TOOK IT AWAY.

Damn you, Horowitz and Other Guy!
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:55 am

I'm loving the young actor who plays Pan. He's got the right combination of elfin features and menace.
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  Muggsy Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:07 am

The Mulan/Aurora thing was heartbreaking. I felt so bad for her. The actress did a really nice job with that. I hope they don't drop it though - now I want Mulan to find her true love. I have my hopes set on Ariel personally...

Muggsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadowlass Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:59 pm

Shalamar wrote:I'm loving the young actor who plays Pan.  He's got the right combination of elfin features and menace.
Yeah, I have to agree. I think he's absolutely perfect as Pan.

And it somehow it makes sense that Peter Pan is also the Pied Piper.

Shadowlass

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:02 am

I really enjoyed Sunday's episode. So much pretty. And helloooo, Captain Tightpants.
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  CindyMc Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:27 pm

Sometime last weekend (before Dark Hollow aired) I realized I'm in love with this show. It was after I submitted the "Ariel" recap on Friday. I spent the better part of Saturday watching DVD extras (via YouTube) and Paley Fest videos, and the like. Actually, it might have been the DVD extras that swung me over. There were all these shorts about the creative aspects of the show (costuming, set design, etc.) and I just realized what a labor of love it is. I've always liked it. I can't remember if I loved it this way in season 1 and season 2 damaged that, or what.

It was nice to go back to Storybrooke in "Dark Hollow." I've missed it and I've so missed daylight scenes. I really never thought I'd go for Hook and Emma, but since he's turned off the lechery and dialed up the good form, I feel like doodling their names in my notebook, then drawing hearts around them.

CindyMc

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:40 am

Loved the episode with rumple and his dad...nice twist

MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:14 pm

I love Snow, but I kinda can't stand Mary Margaret. That is all.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum